Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

PAHELP: Better Memory Upgrade for ROG GL503VM

disky84

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
Hello po mga gurus. I have a ROG Strix GL 503VM unit. Plan ko kasi mag upgrade ng memory ng laptop. Currently may 8gb ddr4 2400mhz na nakalagay sa laptop and im planning to buy a single 16gb ddr4 2666mhz. Tatanggalin ko na yung lumang 8gb 2400mhz. Ask ko lang which is better, corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 2666mhz or a hyper X ddr4 2666mhz?

Compatible kaya ang 2666mhz sa laptop ko since 2400mhz dati yung nakalagay sa kanya? Kelangan pa ba i tweak sa Bios Yung memory for overclocking or automatic na siya once i installed? Thanks for the inputs mga gurus

Last edited:
Kung ang target mo is 16GB of RAM TS. To maximize Dual Channeling, it's always better to have a 2x8GB kit than a single 16GB kit. About compatibility, I would say say it would be compatible. After all, from 2400Mhz to 2666Mhz, you will not really see any difference when it comes to performance. And I don't recommend memory or even CPU overclocking lalo na sa laptop, because when you overclock, you're also increasing heat - which would increase your peripherals' wear and tear. Unless you can upgrade your ventilation to something like this or this. You get the point. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom