Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[?] question [?] lan , web & mobile (android) applications

cutiecute2

The Devotee
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hindi ko alam kung meron nang nagpost nito dito, pero may tanong lang po ako pwede ba makagawa ng ganitong idea.
hindi ko din alam kung anong system basta i want to know is kung magkakaconnect ba sila.

LAN Based Application (walk-in customers information system) - no internet connection it connects to offline database - with internet connection connects with the database of the online web application

web application - lets just say reservation system - webpage, that can reserve applicatants and information system for online users

mobile application - for the user or the administrator - monitoring and can connect to the database of the web and lan(if there is a connection) with a chat or notification system.

yeah.. surely.. possible yan... use web service.. Restful or SOAP to make these applications be able to talk to each other.. :)

Hindi ko po alam yung SOAP or Restful. Gusto ko matuto kaso hindi ko alam kung saan magsisimula.

marunong kba mag java? usually it can be done using Springframework or J2EE.
download mo toh..

http://p30download.com/fa/entry/69045/ it covers the Java EE basics + web services
wasn't downloaded all of those yet, but i think this covers all you need to start with java EE

or

visit this thread
http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=1400993&highlight=lynda

free lynda.com account. there are plenty of video tutorials there u can choose from,

assuming this url, for example, http://localhost:8080/webapp/test/returnjson, when accessed, will return json format data from the database, and your mobile device can access that end point, your code in the mobile implementation will need to parse that data, and convert it into something you need, for example, display user info details. that's the concept of having a web service.
if JavaScript, html, css interacts with the client or end user, well, a web service interacts with other applications, be it web application or mobile apps. You need a RESTful api so that , instead of returning HTML pages for the end user, it will just return another format of data, for another web app

Last edited:
nalilito parin ako. pero thank you sa mga nagbigay idea. :) thank you sir premonitions..

Hindi ko alam kung meron nang nagpost nito dito, pero may tanong lang po ako pwede ba makagawa ng ganitong idea.
hindi ko din alam kung anong system basta i want to know is kung magkakaconnect ba sila.

LAN Based Application (walk-in customers information system) - no internet connection it connects to offline database - with internet connection connects with the database of the online web application

web application - lets just say reservation system - webpage, that can reserve applicatants and information system for online users

mobile application - for the user or the administrator - monitoring and can connect to the database of the web and lan(if there is a connection) with a chat or notification system.

Opo... pag aralan nyo po ang backgroundtask ng android. json rest api po yan...

Do you really need two instances of database? Having more than one means you have to implement synchronization in between which may complicate your code. At some point you need to make a design decision whether to impose maintainability over flexibility and ease of use. If users cannot connect then you should simply return a warning message about connection issues, or better yet implement a proxy in between the client and server that is also capable of caching frequently requested data so even if the database is offline your client still have something to show.

Right now, you have a long way to go to piece everything together because there are various ways to achieve your goal. But first thing you should figure out is the programming language to use, preferably the one you are already familiar with, and the availability of frameworks for web development. You can use Java, Python, Ruby, C# for the web application. C++, C#, Java for the desktop application. Javascript for the browser. Native PL for the mobile app. It doesn't really matter since they can all talk to one another through serialization (eg. XML or JSON) which by the way are fully supported by current versions of Oracle DB and MySQL. What I mean by that is when you send a select query, the database can return the data in an XML or JSON format. Between XML and JSON I would choose JSON since I find it much easier to parse.

When you have your prototype working you can then move to the notification system using Node.js, Express.io, or Socket.io. These are JS frameworks suitable for this kind of job.

TS, tama si calbee, sundan mo ang payo nya.

LAN Based Application
Possible toh TS, baleh may backup ka ng database mo sa offline storage. Kpag nag-online, need i-synchronize yung offline database sa online. For example: need i-check every 30 minutes kung latest yung offline database. (Medyo mahirap nga lang)

web application
no comment, wla akong alam sa web development, haha

mobile application
siguro ay pwd nang i-eliminate toh, idagdag mo na lang ay mobile-web friendly application. Pare less lang yung PL na gagamitin nyo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom