Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

PLDT Should I use a patch cord or should I direct the fiber cable to my modem?

ceejaybassist0917

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Should I use a patch cord or should I direct the fiber cable to my modem?

With the patch cord (and with this set-up: NAP --> OJB --> IOO --> Modem), I am getting -19.80 dBm, which is still normal, and my Internet is stable (except during peak hours, coz PLDT still has problems regarding the undersea cable)

BUT I AM GREEDY! (haha). I've seen many subscribers with optical info of -17dBm, -15dBm or higher (it's negative, so the higher the better).

How many dBm will be added if I remove my patch cord and just direct the fiber cable to my modem and will it make a difference? (NAP --> OJB --> Modem)

I know, though, that the new SOP for PLDT installation is just a direct fiber cable from NAP to the modem, no OJB, and no IOO. So I just wanna try disregarding the IOO (by removing the patch cord and directly connecting the fiber cable coming from the OJB to the modem).

I think from -17 with out patch cord is -16 ^_^
Post automatically merged:

I
Should I use a patch cord or should I direct the fiber cable to my modem?

With the patch cord (and with this set-up: NAP --> OJB --> IOO --> Modem), I am getting -19.80 dBm, which is still normal, and my Internet is stable (except during peak hours, coz PLDT still has problems regarding the undersea cable)

BUT I AM GREEDY! (haha). I've seen many subscribers with optical info of -17dBm, -15dBm or higher (it's negative, so the higher the better).

How many dBm will be added if I remove my patch cord and just direct the fiber cable to my modem and will it make a difference? (NAP --> OJB --> Modem)

I know, though, that the new SOP for PLDT installation is just a direct fiber cable from NAP to the modem, no OJB, and no IOO. So I just wanna try disregarding the IOO (by removing the patch cord and directly connecting the fiber cable coming from the OJB to the modem).
I think - 19 is no normal.. it should be -14 to -16 at least

Back
Top Bottom