Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Starmobile Turbo: Good News = "ROOT SUCCESS!"

Sorry for the delayed reply guys. Had to work too you know.

Anyways, I was back reading and saw that a lot of people are asking for the links of the tools I used. So I am again writing the steps on how I did it on my phone so anyone can try it.

NOTE THAT THESE STEPS ARE FOR THOSE WHO INSTALLED THE OVER THE AIR (OTA) UPDATE OF STARMOBILE. THOSE WHO ARE STILL IN FACTORY FIRMWARE CAN JUST RUN KINGO ROOT AND RENAME THE RECOVER-FROM-BOOT.P FILE.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1. MT6582 drivers
2. Kingo root
3. MTK Droid Tools
4. Smart Phone Flash Tool (SPFT)
5. SuperSU flashable zip

Unzip everything except SuperSU (this should not be messed with).

INSTALLING DRIVERS:

1. Unplug your phone from PC
2. Remove battery (Phone turns off)
3. Open device manager
4. Attached batter and plug it in the USB cord (don't press and buttons)
5. When you see a "PRELOADER" device being detected QUICKLY click it and update driver with MT6582 ones
6. Reboot phone and turn on USB Debugging and set USB mode to Media Device (MTP)
7. Run Kingo Root Setup and run it
8. Let it detect and install drivers for your phone (when it starts rooting it will say "htc a3476"; YES THE TURBO IS BUILT BY HTC WHICH MADE ME SMILE)
9. Let it fail the rooting process and don't touch anything
10. Once drivers are installed proceed to rooting

ROOTING STEPS:

Please watch the video first before doing it yourself here --> China-Devices

CREATE SCATTER FILE:
1. Open MTK Droid Tools with your phone plugged in with USB debugging on
2. Phone will be detected. Click on BLOCKS MAP and click CREATE SCATTER FILE and save it to desktop
3. Before closing the window, note the CACHE line and write down the SCATTER address like 003EB80000 (DO NOT COPY MY ADDRESS)

READ BACK TO DOWNLOAD AND BACKUP ROM:
1. Open SPFT and load the SCATTER FILE by clicking SCATTER-LOADING
2. Click READBACK tab and click add
3. Double click the new line and save the ROM_0 to desktop
4. In the new window, click HEX and start address to ALL ZERO (0)
5. Set the length to your cache address but only enter the LAST 8 DIGITS (from step 3 of CREATE SCATTER FILE)
6. Unplug your phone and click READBACK
7. Remove battery and install it again. Plug in the device to PC without turning it on
8. Wait for the whole process to finish and DO NOT TOUCH THE PHONE OR PC to prevent any screw ups
9. Once it's done, close SPFT

EXTRACT AND MODIFY ROM:
1. Open MTK Droid Tools, wait for your device to be detected and click ROOT, BACK UP RECOVERY tab
2. Click TO PROCESS ROM_ FROM FLASH TOOL
3. Locate your ROM_0 and let it process it. It will ask you if you would like to CREATE A MODIFIED RECOVERY. Answer YES
4. Close MTK Droid Tools and open it's folder and navigate inside the BACKUPS folder
5. Open the ROM folder and copy the img file with file name something like this TURBO_140725__recovery_140917-102528.img
NOTE: DO NOT USE THE PATCHED VERSION UNLESS YOU ARE BOOT PLOPPING BUT THIS IS RARE
6. Paste the TURBO_140725__recovery_140917-102528.img to desktop

FLASHING THE CUSTOM RECOVERY:
1. Copy SuperSU zip to SD card
2. Open SPFT and load the SCATTER file
3. MAKE SURE DOWNLOAD ONLY is selected
4. Check RECOVERY and under location double click to locate the TURBO_140725__recovery_140917-102528.img file
5. Remove battery and install it again. Plug in the device to PC without turning it on
6. Wait for the whole process to finish and DO NOT TOUCH THE PHONE OR PC to prevent any screw ups
7. Reboot the phone to recovery (Volume Up + Power Button). This will be inverted.

INSTALLING SUPERSU:
1. Press volume down until it highlights INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD. Press volume up to select
2. Press volume down until you highlight the SuperSU zip file. Press volume up to install
3. Reboot your phone
4. Using ADB, enter the following commands
Code:
adb shell mount /system
adb shell mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.p.bak
adb shell mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
adb shell umount /system
adb reboot
5. Reboot once again and open SuperSU to update binaries
6. Install Busybox from Playstore and open busybox to install binaries
7. Reboot one more time to finish
8. Congratulations, YOUR ROOTED.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
1. If you plan to have your phone serviced, don't forget to rename recover-from-boot.p and rebooting before handing it over to Starmobile.
2. If you encounter boot plopping, use the patched version of the recovery image.
3. If need the stock recovery image because you forgot to save yours, here's mine --> Starmobile Turbo Stock Recovery
4. For some who have partial root from other methods, use SuperSU to do FULL UNROOT or follow the steps above

DISCLAIMER:
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SCREW UPS THAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE. IT WORKED ON MY PHONE WITH NO PROBLEMS. REMEMBER THAT BY DOING THIS, YOU ARE VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY UNLESS YOU CAN REVERT TO FACTORY BEFORE GIVING IT TO SERVICE.

Credits to the following:

Original poster at China-Devices - Itxtutor
PDA Net for drivers
Kingo Root for USB drivers
MTK Droid Tools
Smart Phone FLash Tools
and of course XDA-Developers

Last edited:
EASY WAY TO ROOT
In the past, the only way to root SM Turbo was to use SPFT, that requires careful following of instructions and installation of drivers. Now thankfully there is an easier way!
1.Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkn46x1qdfc1ap4/KingRoot 3.3.0(root).apk?dl=0 to your PC, you can use your phone too, just make sure to save it to your phone's SD card.
2. Locate the apk in your phone's SD card and install the apk
3. Open it
4. Press the green button
5. Wait for a few minutes mins to confirm that you are rooted, wait for a check mark to appear inside the green button.
6. Install ROOT CHECKER to confirm you have root!
7. DONE!
I'm also adding another version of Kingroot it is version 3.3.1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekqn5mvoifpktnf/KingRoot_Android_3.3.1.146_105001.apk?dl=0 , it works the same as the 3.3.0 in the first link of instruction 1.
You can unroot your device by going to Kinguser Settings (locate the cogwheel icon and click on it), and go to Remove Root Permission and press Clear. Do this also if rooting fails or rooting is improper, then try again.

Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/329640943878962/

EASY WAY TO ROOT
In the past, the only way to root SM Turbo was to use SPFT, that requires careful following of instructions and installation of drivers. Now thankfully there is an easier way!
1.Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkn46x1qdfc1ap4/KingRoot 3.3.0(root).apk?dl=0 to your PC, you can use your phone too, just make sure to save it to your phone's SD card.
2. Locate the apk in your phone's SD card and install the apk
3. Open it
4. Press the green button
5. Wait for a few minutes mins to confirm that you are rooted, wait for a check mark to appear inside the green button.
6. Install ROOT CHECKER to confirm you have root!
7. DONE!
I'm also adding another version of Kingroot it is version 3.3.1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekqn5mvoifpktnf/KingRoot_Android_3.3.1.146_105001.apk?dl=0 , it works the same as the 3.3.0 in the first link of instruction 1.
You can unroot your device by going to Kinguser Settings (locate the cogwheel icon and click on it), and go to Remove Root Permission and press Clear. Do this also if rooting fails or rooting is improper, then try again.

Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/329640943878962/

Boss I tried this before. All I know is that all exploits are resolved due to SM's update. Kingroot relies on Kitkat exploits to do rooting.

sna may mag port ng custom rom pra sa turbo natin...:pray:

sna may mag port ng custom rom pra sa turbo natin...:pray:

Boss baka pede kayo magupload ng stock ROM ng Turbo. Basta proper extracted na ROM_0 from SPFT. Ako na po mag eextract. Try ko gumawa ng deodexed, no-bloat ROM, and pre-rooted.

Salamat in advanced.

Boss baka pede kayo magupload ng stock ROM ng Turbo. Basta proper extracted na ROM_0 from SPFT. Ako na po mag eextract. Try ko gumawa ng deodexed, no-bloat ROM, and pre-rooted.

Salamat in advanced.

Meron ako. Stock ROM v7 pa. Fresh na fresh. Ready to update. Walang root o kung ano pa. Matanong ko lang. What do you mean by deodexed? At tanong ko rin sana. Bukod sa mga tweaks tulad ng pure performance, mods, at greenify pati narin mga basic techniques para mapahaba battery life, ano pa sa tingin mo dapat kong gawin? Kasi napaka bilis ma lowbat ng phone ko. Help me bro.

Salamat in advanced.

Sir pwede ba ito: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gxevvyuojglo6cx/AAB4ILwUwlpDG7z9yXPRNxD9a?dl=0 ito ginamit ng mga nasa FB grp pag nabootloop sila.

Ilang beses na rin ako nagtry magport ng ROM using Android Kitchen laging system 0 error, di ko naman maintindihan ano gagawain sa updater script kasi doon daw yung problem eh. And tanong ko rin yung CWM nyo rin ba baliktad? Nagtry din ako gumawa ng TWRP and Carliv Touch Recovery ganon din baliktad di naman pwede gamitin ang mga Touch recovery pag baliktad lalong nakakalito.

Meron ako. Stock ROM v7 pa. Fresh na fresh. Ready to update. Walang root o kung ano pa. Matanong ko lang. What do you mean by deodexed? At tanong ko rin sana. Bukod sa mga tweaks tulad ng pure performance, mods, at greenify pati narin mga basic techniques para mapahaba battery life, ano pa sa tingin mo dapat kong gawin? Kasi napaka bilis ma lowbat ng phone ko. Help me bro.

Boss sige pa-upload ng fresh v7 para madaling i-root for ROM. Penge na lang po link either mediafire or dropbox. 2000mA lng battery ng Turbo boss. Mabilis talaga ma-drain yan. What I did was install Battery Doctor, Clean Master, and CM Security. Always clean up tasks and I'm sure tatagal battery mo. Try to follow Battery Doctor's charging tips also.

Sir pwede ba ito: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gxevvyuojglo6cx/AAB4ILwUwlpDG7z9yXPRNxD9a?dl=0 ito ginamit ng mga nasa FB grp pag nabootloop sila.

Ilang beses na rin ako nagtry magport ng ROM using Android Kitchen laging system 0 error, di ko naman maintindihan ano gagawain sa updater script kasi doon daw yung problem eh. And tanong ko rin yung CWM nyo rin ba baliktad? Nagtry din ako gumawa ng TWRP and Carliv Touch Recovery ganon din baliktad di naman pwede gamitin ang mga Touch recovery pag baliktad lalong nakakalito.

Try ko i-download boss kaso mukhang modified na ata to eh. Ngayon ku pa lang ittry gumalaw ng Kitkat boss kase sa JB at ICS straightforward ung ROM generation kase. Pag nag success aku i-uupload ku agad.

Boss sige pa-upload ng fresh v7 para madaling i-root for ROM. Penge na lang po link either mediafire or dropbox. 2000mA lng battery ng Turbo boss. Mabilis talaga ma-drain yan. What I did was install Battery Doctor, Clean Master, and CM Security. Always clean up tasks and I'm sure tatagal battery mo. Try to follow Battery Doctor's charging tips also.

Try ko i-download boss kaso mukhang modified na ata to eh. Ngayon ku pa lang ittry gumalaw ng Kitkat boss kase sa JB at ICS straightforward ung ROM generation kase. Pag nag success aku i-uupload ku agad.

Sige boss, thanks. Do date pang 10th try ko na gumawa ng ROM sa Turbo ang hirap nga, lagi ako system 0 error, update din nakagawa na ako ng Philz Recovery for Turbo.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s46korzvbf4g18g/PHILZrecovery.img?dl=0

After several tries and consulting forums to create another custom recovery, we now have Philz Recovery.
PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones.
At this point the porting has some issues with the touch response so better use the volume and power buttons.
To install simply use RASHR app or FLASHIFY
I will also add that the Aroma tool is upside down.

Meron bang easy way na malagyan ng cwm si turbo na di na kelangan ng spft, like mobile uncle tools?

Hello jayo69, gamit ka nalang ng "RASHR". Parang MobileUncle Tools iyon. Dapat rooted ka. :)

Hello jayo69, gamit ka nalang ng "RASHR". Parang MobileUncle Tools iyon. Dapat rooted ka. :)

Ah ganun ba..pero matanong ko lang diba pag need mo ng rashr or mobile uncle need mo pa ng cwm zip file para ma install ang custom recovery? Need ko talaga mag backup..rooted na din.cwm nalang..thanks sa pag rep boss

Re: Starmobile Turbo: Good News = "ROOT SUCCESS!"

hello po,
salamat po dito sa share niyo, ask ko lang po kung paano ma unroot ang starmobile turbo after this method? under warranty pa kasi SM TURBO ko.

- - - Updated - - -

hello po,
gamit ko po to sa pagroot na SMturbo ko at nagawa ko siyang eroot. Tanong ko lang po kung paano naman po e unroot ang SMTurbo ko kasi unde warranty pa po to?

Thanks Po Sa Reply

Re: Starmobile Turbo: Good News = "ROOT SUCCESS!"

rooted na yung Starmobile UP lite ko :)
salamat sa tut na to :) keep it up!

pwedi po ba makahinge ng backup file starmobile turbo na virus ksi unit ko please po thanks
scatter file

Mga sir anu problema ng Starmobile Turbo pag naka connect sa Wifi or naka open data nag freeze ung mga apps patulong nman po

Hello and good morning para sa lahat ng mga nandito sa Symbianize. Nais ko ipaalam sa inyo na na-root ko na ang Starmobile Turbo ko. After 2 weeks na pag pupuyat ko sa pag babasa ng mga forums, nakita ko narin ang kasagutan.

Meron akong nakita sa forums ng XDA. Patungkol iyon sa "ROOT MASTER". Ok naman yung mga feedback ng ibang members ng forum na iyon. Me mga nag sasabing gumana, meron hinde. Sa sobrang desperado ko, dahil sa napaka tagal na pag re-research para ma-root yung phone ko na Starmobile Turbo, nai-click ko yung link.

Eto sya ----> http://www.mgyun.com/romastersu

Yung site, puntahan mo gamit ang phone mo, wag sa desktop o kung ano pa mang computer meron ka. Dahil apk yung ido-download mo. Pwede din gamitin mo computer mo, kaso madami kapang ikakabit blah blah blah.

Chinese ang site. Sa una, di talaga kapani-paniwala dahil maraming mga site ngayon na punong puno ng mga virus, malware, spyware, blah blah blah na ginagamit na pang scam ng mga masasamang tao. Pero ok to! Promise! Makikita mo sa front ng page nila yung picture at may clickable link doon na kulay blue. After mong ma click iyon, yung system itatanong sayo kung gusto mo i-save yung apk na may pangalang "RomasterSU". I-save mo na yun. Wag kang mag alala, kahit na ma detect sya ng AV mo, continue mo lang. Install mo, at lalabas yun as "clean Master" na app. Nung una nag duda din ako dahil yung word na "clean" sa title nya na "clean Master", di man lang nag simula sa capital C, na minsan, sign ng mga malware o virus na file, yung mga typo errors. Tapos, pag na install mo na yung file, may lalabas sa phone mo yung bilog na icon na parang rainbow ang kulay or yung blue na icon na may white lion na may crown. Yun yung shortcut mo para sa mga apps na iyon. Pero wag mo nang pindutin iyon o kung ano pa. Ang gawin mo, kung may computer ka, desktop o laptop o netbook, mag download ka ng latest na "VROOT" na pang windows, linux o pang mac (depende sa kung anong OS meron ka). Pag katapos, i connect mo ang phone mo, then open mo yung "VROOT" na application mo sa computer. Pag na detect nya yung phone mo na ROOTED na, i re-root mo nalang ulit. Intayin mo mag reboot, o kung di mag reboot yung phone mo after ng rooting process, ikaw nalang mismo mag restart. Pero mas maganda kung mag iintay ka parin na kusang mag reboot phone mo.

Gumamit kana ng "Root Checker". DL mo nalang sa Playstore, kung mag babakasakali ka na i-check ang phone mo kung na root na. Punta ka agad sa playstore at i download mo yung "SuperSU" ng Chainfire. Install mo at pag me sinabi syang me na detect syang isang root application, click mo nalang yung uninstall. Pagkatapos, delete mo nalang yung mga chinese app. Gamit ka nalang ng "Link2SD" na downloadable din sa playstore.

Sana nakatulong ako sa inyo mga kaibigan. Hanggang sa muli! :)

(Paumanhin mo sa mga pagkakamali ko kung meron man. Sa mga salita at terms na ginamit ko, etc. Uulitin ko po, di ko nais na ma brick yung phone nyo kung may pagkakamali man na magaganap sa pag root ng phone nyo. Gusto ko lang makatulong sa mga taong handang i-root ang phone nila at kung meron man dito na magaling mag english, paki translate nalang po lahat ito para sa mga english reader natin na hindi marunong makabasa ng tagalog. Yung mga site at apps na nabanggit ko, di ko inaangkin iyon ha? Baka kasi makasuhan ako ng copyright blah blah blah. LOL. :p)

View attachment 958225

Yan yung proof ko na na-root ko ang Starmobile Turbo ko. Sawakas nakagamit narin ng "Root Checker". Hehehe.

boss pahinge bo nag back up file sa starmobile turbo mo...

Back
Top Bottom