Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Survey : ano Video Card mo?

I'm a big video card lover. Speaking of graphic cards. I always prefer Nvidia over anything else. Physx and CUDA technology, the best. Besides, i'm not a gamer. :3

here's my rig..

ASUS P6T motherboard
Ultra X4 1050W ATX PSU
XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Water Cooling Kit
Intel Core i7-980X
NVIDIA Quadro 5000 dual SLI Enabled
Audiophile 2496 - 4-In/4-Out Audio Card
2GB CSX Diablo DDR3, 2000 MhH RAM (6Gb total)
256GB Crucial Real SSD C300
2 TB, 7,200rpm Seagate Barracuda XT
ViewSonic V3D241wm-LED 3D
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Genuine

built it last 3rd week of january. For all around home studio rig. Not really intended for gaming. I'm a gfx designer and audioman.

My brother got a Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX Ti SLI enabled since he's a hardcore gamer playing crysis, COD black ops, C&C4, Batman, Warhammer, starcraft , halo 2.

..i only play C&C4 and wanna play diablo III soon. :'(

oh btw..not in ph.

I'm a big video card lover. Speaking of graphic cards. I always prefer Nvidia over anything else. Physx and CUDA technology, the best. Besides, i'm not a gamer. :3

here's my rig..

ASUS P6T motherboard
Ultra X4 1050W ATX PSU
XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Water Cooling Kit
Intel Core i7-980X
NVIDIA Quadro 5000 dual SLI Enabled
Audiophile 2496 - 4-In/4-Out Audio Card
2GB CSX Diablo DDR3, 2000 MhH RAM (6Gb total)
256GB Crucial Real SSD C300
2 TB, 7,200rpm Seagate Barracuda XT
ViewSonic V3D241wm-LED 3D
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Genuine

built it last 3rd week of january. For all around home studio rig. Not really intended for gaming. I'm a gfx designer and audioman.

My brother got a Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX Ti SLI enabled since he's a hardcore gamer playing crysis, COD black ops, C&C4, Batman, Warhammer, starcraft , halo 2.

..i only play C&C4 and wanna play diablo III soon. :'(

oh btw..not in ph.

Nice rig you got there bro, how much did it cost you to build that awesome rig?

6-7k including the monitor.. The LED 3D nvision monitor with 3D glasses kit costs around 530 bucks. Also the water cooling system..pretty expensive. Intel i7 core 980X extreme is around 1200 bucks 6 cores hyperthreaded, so a total of 12 cores. But worth the money.. From 6 months salary. I use this for 3D Modelling, video editing, photography, flash, web designing, vectoring, and audio recording and mastering. Nuendo, Fruityloops, etc. Quality matters now, so I also need to go with the flow. Don't worry I'm still a kid. :D

for video cards..any nvidia that supports CUDA technology, worth it already..or if you want something better go for Physx technology, very realistic gaming. And also with watching movies,frames are so smooth and images are very realistic. Of course you need a high-end movie player to maximize your rig's full potential. Cyberlink powerdvd 10 Mark II, and don't forget to tweak the nvida cpanel. For ATi users..i'm not a fan of ATi but, they got a different approach to graphics card. The only con i know is, ATi cards are more prone to heat.

and for overclocking and benchmarking enthusiasts, visit my thread somewhere on the pc applications section.

I attached some photos...on my CPU and some screenies from system info tools, cpu-z and gpu-z

Attachments

• CPU1.jpg
    CPU1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 27
  • CPU2.jpg
    CPU2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 24
  • cpuz.png
    cpuz.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 24
  • gpuz.jpg
    gpuz.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 24
I attached some photos...on my CPU and some screenies from system info tools, cpu-z and gpu-z

nice monster rig sir,:clap: i suggest that your rig needs some better cable management for better airflow.:praise:

hell yeah... my buddy told me about the cables and it's pretty unorganized ...Next time after finishing my current projects for now.. Still busy these days :P

nvidia geforce 64mb video card,256 sdram
petuim 4,redfox motherboard,xp profess,

counter strike
redalert3
gta3
maxpane
return to caslte wolfenstein
neverwinter nights
warcraft
diablo3
age of methology
need for speed
nba

dont have money for new pc kya tyaga mo na dito sa pc n luma...

Last edited:

modding of the case and the cable management is the only thing that you will need, the specs are already off the hook!

how old are you though? the worth of your rig there is really way out of my budget! lol. :slap:

I'm 19 ...well, don't judge it by it's cover, it's completely different on the inside. I call it the nightmare rig and yeah, when my friends and other mates see it, they find it unique and interesting, since i'm a hardcore tweaker enthusiast, internalising the creativity+technical knwledge= performance,quality and yeah superior computer. Maybe I'll try to make some basic-advanced tweaking thread. Well, I don't like windows stock rating, i'm customizing it on my own, a superior boost balance in speed,design,quality,and security. Just balanced. That's what makes it classy. I'll show you some highlights of my pc next time. :P My one and only principle and purpose is, to maximize everything. It's useless having a treasure if you don't know how to value it. :P

if you want a descent gaming rig, my tip is. It doesn't matter how superior the specs. The thing is, you need to completely make sure that the specs you're gonna build will completely fit with each other at all costs. It should be always balanced. And I suggest SSD (Solid State Drives) which i think it's $3 per gb but I assure you. It all worth it. for video card, i always prefer Nvidia, more stable and really really different performance. Or you may try ATi crossfire technology. Though i'm not an AMD and ATi fan. Intel i5-i7 is already a very outstanding processor. I tell you, my i7 980x extreme is very very fast it does everything in seconds to few minutes like converting HD 1080p videos, caching datas, etc.. But i found it too unrealistic. At 12 cores total. You can multi-task like a pro. But I miss the waiting moments too on an old 1.3ghz celeron. :P Lastly, don't forget PSU and cooling systems. And x64 bit windows 7 and importantly, latest directx modules and windows updates.

if you want a descent gaming rig, my tip is. It doesn't matter how superior the specs. The thing is, you need to completely make sure that the specs you're gonna build will completely fit with each other at all costs. It should be always balanced. And I suggest SSD (Solid State Drives) which i think it's $3 per gb but I assure you. It all worth it. for video card, i always prefer Nvidia, more stable and really really different performance. Or you may try ATi crossfire technology. Though i'm not an AMD and ATi fan. Intel i5-i7 is already a very outstanding processor. I tell you, my i7 980x extreme is very very fast it does everything in seconds to few minutes like converting HD 1080p videos, caching datas, etc.. But i found it too unrealistic. At 12 cores total. You can multi-task like a pro. But I miss the waiting moments too on an old 1.3ghz celeron. :P Lastly, don't forget PSU and cooling systems. And x64 bit windows 7 and importantly, latest directx modules and windows updates.

I'm 19 ...well, don't judge it by it's cover, it's completely different on the inside. I call it the nightmare rig and yeah, when my friends and other mates see it, they find it unique and interesting, since i'm a hardcore tweaker enthusiast, internalising the creativity+technical knwledge= performance,quality and yeah superior computer. Maybe I'll try to make some basic-advanced tweaking thread. Well, I don't like windows stock rating, i'm customizing it on my own, a superior boost balance in speed,design,quality,and security. Just balanced. That's what makes it classy. I'll show you some highlights of my pc next time. :P My one and only principle and purpose is, to maximize everything. It's useless having a treasure if you don't know how to value it. :P

Very well said brother! So true! I wish I have the budget to do so, but I can make it in time! :praise::praise:

im using a 5770..

paired with Intel Core i5-760 2.66Ghz overclocked @ 4Ghz on water :D

Last edited:
that's great! I'd be looking forward to it. If you know how to assemble it on your own, that would be much better. And if you need some help or information about customizing, cleaning, tweaking, overclocking, benchmarking and fine-tuning your windows to your overall system hardware and software performance, you can always count on me, don't hesitate to ask about anything. I can help you pimp your whole system..including HD desktop designs and enhancers that won't slow you down but rather help it to become more light, faster, productive, unique and good to go. Also fine tune for entertainment (watching movies, bring pictures to life) and of course a very rare and realistic premium sound for audio playback, not just regular graphic equalizers and enhancers..and performance and quality will always be the topic. Most specially for tuning windows..all for free, just contact me via messenger ;) ..i always accept help and mostly any kind of work or project for free. Experience is what matters to me. 100% guaranteed :P

I would upgrade later for AMD Phenom II x6, I finally got my bonus and backpay from my previous company. Then I'm not sure whether to keep my Palit GT 240 SDDR3 1GB or get a much higher Video Card. Since I'm getting AMD, I'm not sure whether to stick with nVidia or switch to ATI which is supported by AMD. Can you help me out guys? :)

that's great! I'd be looking forward to it. If you know how to assemble it on your own, that would be much better. And if you need some help or information about customizing, cleaning, tweaking, overclocking, benchmarking and fine-tuning your windows to your overall system hardware and software performance, you can always count on me, don't hesitate to ask about anything. I can help you pimp your whole system..including HD desktop designs and enhancers that won't slow you down but rather help it to become more light, faster, productive, unique and good to go. Also fine tune for entertainment (watching movies, bring pictures to life) and of course a very rare and realistic premium sound for audio playback, not just regular graphic equalizers and enhancers..and performance and quality will always be the topic. Most specially for tuning windows..all for free, just contact me via messenger ;) ..i always accept help and mostly any kind of work or project for free. Experience is what matters to me. 100% guaranteed :P

I appreciate that! And I can also guarantee that you will be hearing from me, especially in tweaking and overclocking stuffs. :salute:

im using a 5770..

paired with Intel Core i5-760 2.66Ghz overclocked @ 4Ghz on water :D

wow.. From 2.6Ghz to 4Ghz, it must be a huge boost, but be sure everything is stable, clocks,temps,voltages. And passes to pc benchmarks before it's too late. Wrong clocks can brick it instantly. :P

I would upgrade later for AMD Phenom II x6, I finally got my bonus and backpay from my previous company. Then I'm not sure whether to keep my Palit GT 240 SDDR3 1GB or get a much higher Video Card. Since I'm getting AMD, I'm not sure whether to stick with nVidia or switch to ATI which is supported by AMD. Can you help me out guys? :)

Oh! AMD phenon! Works best in terms of compatibility and performance with ATi Radeon cards :) how much is your budget? And is it for gaming? or editing? Just take time to choose the right video card that really fits for your needs, don't rush. :)

wow.. From 2.6Ghz to 4Ghz, it must be a huge boost, but be sure everything is stable, clocks,temps,voltages. And passes to pc benchmarks before it's too late. Wrong clocks can brick it instantly. :P

no problem on that part..hehe.. ive been into overclocking as long and as far as i can remember :D i dont use that settings 24/7 (4Ghz).. just for benchmarks and the likes.. i already set profiles in my motherboard that i can quickly set upon bootup to match the processing power i need for the session.. for gaming i set it to 3.6Ghz, when just downloading i set it up to default and leave speedstep on for lower power consumption..

all of the profiles i set, has been torture tested with IBT (intel burn test), and prime95.. temps are still below stock temperatures (temps yield from when stock fan is in use), at 3.6Ghz, the i5-760 idles at 27C, and full loads at around 47-49C.. not bad if based on philippine temperatures.. hehe..

as for the videocard.. hehe i normally dont overclock gpu as i dont feel any need for doing so..

sssss.jpg

3dmark6.png

Last edited:
no problem on that part..hehe.. ive been into overclocking as long and as far as i can remember :D i dont use that settings 24/7 (4Ghz).. just for benchmarks and the likes.. i already set profiles in my motherboard that i can quickly set upon bootup to match the processing power i need for the session.. for gaming i set it to 3.6Ghz, when just downloading i set it up to default and leave speedstep on for lower power consumption..

all of the profiles i set, has been torture tested with IBT (intel burn test), and prime95.. temps are still below stock temperatures (temps yield from when stock fan is in use), at 3.6Ghz, the i5-760 idles at 27C, and full loads at around 47-49C.. not bad if based on philippine temperatures.. hehe..

as for the videocard.. hehe i normally dont overclock gpu as i dont feel any need for doing so..

sssss.jpg

3dmark6.png

i like this rig! nice modding bro! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom