Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[Survey] Nintendo 3DS vs. Playstation Vita (Part 2)

Anu sa tingin nyu yung patok?

• Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Playstation Vita

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • wala sa dalawa

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • pareho

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
kung hindi ko lang sana nalalaro sa pc emu ung DS, cguro 3ds na ang nbili ko, kahit na may RE:rev, vita pa ren aq...kunting hintay nalng sa september andaming bagong games...sa ngayon remote play ko na lng ung ps3 ko habang nasa work.

since i have both the 3DS and PS Vita, im sharing my experience with both consoles (para sa wala man isa sa kanila hehehe)

3DS
Good side in general

- Most retail games do have included a more than 8 or more than that game manual

- the eshop (online store for 3ds exclusive games) is getting bigger and better, with downloadable demos, virtual consoles like in gameboy classics, nes, sega gamegear and soon megadrive, also some 3D exclusive games in the eshop like critically acclaimed Pushmo

-some games do include club nintendo codes just like in other nintendo games, what do we get, some free games after we achiive some club nintendo codes

- already have a strong database for 3DS games and will keep on growing, like Kid Icarus Uprising, Heroes of Ruins, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem 3DS, Mario tennis, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts 3D etc, and some current game lineups like Resident Evil Revelations, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Legend of Zelda OOT 3D, etc

- really a portable device, the 3DS can fit in your pocket

- the 3DS effect is good for some games like Resident Evil Revelations and Kid Icarus Uprising

- i use the 3DS mostly for pedometer uses (also for streetpasses)

- swapnote is fun, and also you can share your artistic side also using the 3D effects using colors 3d

- online gaming in 3DS is so fast you cant see any lag (for some games), like Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising and Resident Evil Revelations

Cons

- some retail games do not have a digital counterpart in the eshop (it will be implemented in the future)
- if you have a problematic eye, you cant see 3d effects properly, you you eventually turn off the 3D slider
- volume is so low also when listening to music
- battery do only have 4-5 hrs of life (also less than 4 hrs when using a wifi connection), this can resolve using battery extenders
-

PS Vita
Pros
- have a gigantic screen, best for watching movies in 720p resolution
- games can be downloaded in ps store or can be bought as a retail
- you can try some demos before purchasing some of it
- HD games at the palm of your hands
- fast (but still sometimes slow) internet browser
- good integration of trophies get from ps3

Cons
- console is so big sometimes it is not fit in my pocket
- buying ps vita memory card is mandatory, so above the price of 13K pesos you will be buying a game and a memory card depends in the size (4gb is around 1100 i think and 32gb is 3500 when i bought it)
- retail games for vita have no included a printed manual, you can only view it in digital form
- some OLED issues (i have seen some black smudge in the screen when you have a fully black screen

Hi, everyone!

I'm planning to buy either Vita or 3DS on the 30th of this month. Hindi ko iniisip yung price ng games etc.. I'm looking for a handheld gaming device na may good collection of QUALITY games. Quality does not mean that it's all about graphics. I accept the fact that Vita is superior on that category of quality.

Nagkaroon na ako ng PSP, at 50% ng games sa PSP nalaro ko na, including JAP games. Nahirapan ako sa paghanap ng good quality games sa PSP. Some games pa nga ay due to PSP hardware limitation. For instance, yung GTA games lagg sa PSP.

Concern ko lang sa nintendo handhelds ay yung screen size niya. Nagustuhan ko talaga yung Nintendo XL, though hindi ako bumili nun.

But because of this article:

Sony just released the PS Vita in Japan and it already appears that they are getting looking to the future, involving the release of a thinner, cheaper Sony PS Vita Slim.

The PS Vita launched in Japan back in December and since then has been receiving a mixed response, not only from gamers but also from the media who have been analyzing the handheld gaming industry, sales of the PS Vita thus far, etc.

Much of the debate over the success of the PS Vita has centered around its price point, as the PS Vita will launch in the U.S. in just a few weeks with a price point of $250 for the base model, and $300 if you want your handheld to be 3G enabled. The 3G version will require at AT&T contract to make use of its mobile data capabilities.

The general belief among gamers, as well as the majority of the industry as a whole, is that Sony will likely drop the price of the PS Vita heading into the highly-important holiday 2012 shopping season, dropping the price to a much more reasonable $200. Research has shown that the 3G model only costs $160 to produce, so one would think that this is not out of the realm of possibility.

It now appears though that Sony already has plans to not only drop the price of the current PS Vita, but alter its design entirely, similar to what they have done with the Sony PlayStation, PS2, as well as PS3 in the past.

The rumor is that Sony is working on a Sony PS Vita Slim, a thinner and cheaper model of the PS Vita that will be more portable than the current version of the handheld.

Sony PS Vita designer Takashi Sogabe took part in a roundtable discussion with ComputerAndVideoGames.com in which he revealed that Sony is working on a thinner PS Vita.

He described a constant battle with engineers to make it smaller, and seemed to be pretty positive that future versions of the handheld are on the way.

I realize that Nintendo 3DS will stay longer compared to PS Vita that would change just like its predecessors. Hintayin ko na lang yung PS vita slim w/ price drop.

Last edited:
Price drop should definitely help with Vita sales, but first and foremost, there has to be games. It will always be the games that will push a gamer to get the Vita.

also, i hope the Vita holds out until the holidays. dun sila magbagsak ng price instead na magtaas, siguradong magiging christmas gift favorite ang Vita.

@kapaw88
agree tatagal yung 3DS over sales, kaya lang ako bumili ng vita since mas maganda yung paghahack dito, yung 3DS ayaw ko mahack, hehehe

hahaha, ano ba ang magandang bilhin???? back read mode

- - - Updated - - -

mga maam sir as of today, ano ang maganda sa dalawa in terms of online gaming?

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha, ano ba ang magandang bilhin???? back read mode

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

mas maraming online games sa vita

kagandahan lang sa 3ds madaming games, pero madami na rin games sa vita, saka medyo mura na yung old psvita, saka lalabas na FFX

mas maraming online games sa vita

kagandahan lang sa 3ds madaming games, pero madami na rin games sa vita, saka medyo mura na yung old psvita, saka lalabas na FFX

ahhh, may balak na sana kong bilhin yung 3ds. hehehe. thanks sir for the update

- - - Updated - - -

Magaganda naman po ba yung online games ng ps vita?

ahhh, may balak na sana kong bilhin yung 3ds. hehehe. thanks sir for the update

- - - Updated - - -

Magaganda naman po ba yung online games ng ps vita?

dipende sa mga trip mong games, meron kasing mga FPS games na pwede online like Killzone mercenaries, meron casual gaming like Treasures of Montezuma, merong mga fighting games na pwede online, etc

Back
Top Bottom