Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

TP-link TD-W8961ND ADSL+ Modem Router port forwarding problem in PLDT

Yagami Kira

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
My stock PLDT ProLink H5400N Modem/Router died and I just bought TP-LINK TD-W8961ND ADSL+ Modem Router.

I followed the TP-LINK manual as it has already a pre-configuration for PLDT Dynamic IP. I got it working on 3 computers via Ethernet, DVR, and several WiFi devices in no time. It's basically just plug n play.

The problem is I can't seem to have port forwarding work on it very well. Using utorrent always show 'X' Not Connectable mark although I can download torrents. I also cannot access my DVR cameras outside the network (I can however access it locally). I also cannot Remote Desktop from outside the network. These are all despite checking that the Local IP Addresses and Port numbers are correct.

Have you ever experienced this with this model, or is it because PLDT don't want you to use other brands of modems? Port forwarding worked very well previously on stock PLDT modem/router.

My NAT configuration under Virtual Server list is OK just like what I input in the PLDT brand modem, so I wonder why. The rest of the settings in the TP-LINK modem router are in their default settings.

Or are there other settings I need to change for this type of modem/router combo?

Back
Top Bottom