Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUT]Use your flash drive as RAM!ReadyBoost

cravebratz

The Patriot
Advanced Member
Reaction score
guys ito po, nice gamitin at i try nyo. specially po sa windows7 din po.

Till this date, Microsoft’s windows had two options for the memory requirement of the computer, so that the computing can be done at cheaper rates and that too without installing the physical memory.

1. Physical Memory (RAM)
2. Page File (A virtual memory file, stored on hard disk).

The page file is used by the Windows OS to cater the needs of various applications when the physical memory is fully used up. The reason for that is, that Virtual memory is slower as compared to the physical memory and thus Phyical memory takes the first priority.

However, with the release of Windows Vista, Microsoft has introduced a new technology called ReadyBoost. This feature is also available in Windows 7. With the help of this technology one can use any Flash drive, SD Cards, CF Cards as the third memory option for the computer.

Now, the benefits of USB Flash Drive or Cards as a source of Memory :

1. It is faster than the virtual memory which is accessed through the hard disk drive.
2. It is cheaper as compared to the actually Physical Memory.

How can it be activated ?

In order to activate the ReadyBoost technology on your FlashDrive or Memory Cards, you have to follow these steps…

1. Open My Computer.
2. Right Click on the Removable Disk Drive and select Properties.
3. Click on ReadyBoost Tab.
4. Enable the feature by selecting the option and allocate the amount of space you want to use as memory.

Things to be noted…

If your device is not giving the option of ReadyBoost then it means that it doesn’t clear up the minimum data trasfer rate required by ReadBoost technology.

How To Force Windows 7 To Use A Unsupported (Doesn't Meet Speed Specifications) Drive

1. Plug in the device.
2. Open the Readyboost tab on the device properties.
3. Select “Do not retest this device”
4. Unplug the device
5. Open regedit (start->run->regedit)
6. Expand - HKLM (Local Machine)->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Windows NT->CurrentVersion->EMDgmt
7. Find your device.
8. Change Device Status to 2
9. Change ReadSpeedKBs to 1000
10. Change WriteSpeedKBs to 1000
11. Plug in the device.
12. Enable Readyboost!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Find ReadyBoost Speed Rating

1. Make sure that Windows 7 is using your flash memory device for ReadyBoost.

2. Click the Start Orb>> then type eventvwr.msc in the search box, then hit enter.

3. Press Continue when Windows 7 asks for permission (if you have UAC enabled) , and the Event Viewer window will be displayed.

4. On the left panel of the Event Viewer, navigate the tree as follows: Applications and Services Logs>>Microsoft>>Windows>>>ReadyBoost>>Operational >>

5. Double-click the ‘Operational’ section to open it.

6. On the right panel, hit the ‘Find’ button and search for the word ‘Speed’. Now close the Find window. In the middle panel are Windows 7’s speed test results

JUST FOR FUN ::

Post your Speed Test Results In The Following Format :-P

P.S.

Once your drive is in ReadyBoost mode, you will not be able to add/remove files

It is recommended to used a fresh, blank drive

I allocated all of my 4GB

Once in this mode, the drive under "Computer>>" will have a Red Bar below it.

:dance::csa::dance:

try ko to later sir.

Questions:

1. Once ba na gamitin yung drive as a support sa ram hindi na ba pede i-detach yung removable drive sa pc?

2. " Once your drive is in ReadyBoost mode, you will not be able to add/remove files " - what do you mean by this? Please explain po.

Thanks.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-ReadyBoost/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-ReadyBoost
Date: 9/22/2010 9:10:05 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: ReadyBoost
Level: Information
Keywords: (16384)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Daddy-PC
Description:
The device (Kingston DataTraveler 2.0) is suitable for a ReadyBoost cache. The random read speed is 5038 KB/sec. The random write speed is 2125 KB/sec.

Hehehe.. 778Mb of my 1Gb drive... :lol:

Last edited:
try ko to later sir.

Questions:

1. Once ba na gamitin yung drive as a support sa ram hindi na ba pede i-detach yung removable drive sa pc?

2. " Once your drive is in ReadyBoost mode, you will not be able to add/remove files " - what do you mean by this? Please explain po.

Thanks.

kapag na run lang po yan. pero kapag hindi pwede kana ulit mag remove and add po.

nice share sa ts! :thanks:

uu para po sa atin to mga win7 hehe ito oh.. -> :csa:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-ReadyBoost/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-ReadyBoost
Date: 9/22/2010 9:10:05 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: ReadyBoost
Level: Information
Keywords: (16384)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Daddy-PC
Description:
The device (Kingston DataTraveler 2.0) is suitable for a ReadyBoost cache. The random read speed is 5038 KB/sec. The random write speed is 2125 KB/sec.

Hehehe.. 778Mb of my 1Gb drive... :lol:

wow nice.. nkuha mo din xD>. :dance:

Pede kaya to bro sa xp..

i try mo nalang, baka gumana diba. kasi win7 palang ko sya na try hindi kasi ako dual boot.. okay po ba

:csa:

up lang po guys.. vert useful

na search ko sa google for XP and meron nga kaso wala akong extra memory card dito..Thanks dito TS..

mabilisbibilis po ba talaga pag gumamit ka ng flash drive for ready boost? please pm me mukha kasi interesting to eh..

sir salamat dito nasubukan ko ang lupet....hndi ko na kailangan pa bumili or mag dagdag na ram ko kc okey ito bumilis kc itong netbook ko............tnx

Back
Top Bottom