Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUTORIAL]How To Make Operating System by Yourself?

patry nga po nito sir .., hehe., pag nagawa naba to anu to? linux or windows or mac?

Sir PAg Ka Download ko hindi .iso file yun .... .gz ata un eh

naks .. working ba tlga to ?? salamat sa pag share.. keep it up..

Misleading sir, you're not making an Operating System, you're making a custom openSuse Distro derivative, the OSes are Windows, GNU\Linux and Mac OS

It's okay. he still making an operating system but not from scratch.

Here's the logic:

GNU/Linux is an operating system.
OpenSuse is GNU/Linux.
Therefore, OpenSuse is an operating system.

Customized OpenSuse = OpenSuse = GNU/Linux = OS

Last edited:
It's okay. he still making an operating system but not from scratch.

Here's the logic:

GNU/Linux is an operating system.
OpenSuse is GNU/Linux.
Therefore, OpenSuse is an operating system.

Customized OpenSuse = OpenSuse = GNU/Linux = OS

No, sorry, what you're doing is basically getting a variant of OpenSuse with a different desktop environment.

GNU/Linux is the OS, OpenSuse is a variant of GNU/Linux.

If you're equating on changing a Desktop Manager/Utilities to making an Operating System then you're entirely saying that everytime a Linux user compiles/installs a Binary then he is making an Operating System.

Taking that into consideration, I think I have proven my point, won't be useful.

No, sorry, what you're doing is basically getting a variant of OpenSuse with a different desktop environment.

GNU/Linux is the OS, OpenSuse is a variant of GNU/Linux.

Yes, I know.

Logically, it is YES. But, technically, NO. Creating an operating is not a joke. And you are pertaining to that. To make this short, You are pertaining to the HardWay (low-level) and TS is pertaining to the EasyWay(high-level). Just like a Lego. You don't need to make your own blocks. Just buy and assemble. This is the advantage of GNU/Linux.

If you're equating on changing a Desktop Manager/Utilities to making an Operating System then you're entirely saying that everytime a Linux user compiles/installs a Binary then he is making an Operating System.

I did not state that changing a Desktop Manage/Utilities alone is making an Operating System then once a user compiles/install a binary is considered as an Operating System. Here's my statement again:

"It's okay. he still (Logically) making an operating system but not from scratch (technically)."

I can't say, TS is misleading. An Operating System is a collection of software. In GNU/Linux, if you have the kernel, utilities, apps (these 3 for CLI), window manager/desktop environment (for GUI), you have the whole system - a.ka. OS. There are derivatives (variants/distros), even they are derivatives (derived/based from one distro), they are already called an operating system.

View attachment 166538
Note : Ubuntu is based on Debian, basically a variant (as what you're saying) of Debian.

Some are dubbed as OS...

View attachment 166546

View attachment 166547

there are also created from scratch (using the linux kernel) / not based from one distro...

View attachment 166550

View attachment 166551

View attachment 166553

View attachment 166554

Taking that into consideration, I think I have proven my point, won't be useful.

Don't worry, I understand your point.

As per Thread Title, I'm not speaking for Suse only, I'm speaking in general.

If I will justify TS' post based on my experience, I'll give you an example. One of my favorite distro, my main distro aside from Puppy, is Slax (Since version 5.x). You can easily customize via command-line and GUI. Recently, I found out the latest news about the distro based on this here in symbianize. Just check here Porteus. Obviously, they have similar approach when it comes to handling packages which is modular. An approach where you will just activate (mount) and deactivate (unmount) a package/app.

View attachment 166571

View attachment 166572

View attachment 166573

You too like TS, can make a GNU/Linux derivative/customized/remix/variant/forked/distro (regardless in easyway or hardway), no one knows, maybe in the future it will become popular operating system, right? :)

Attachments

• Ubuntu.png
    Ubuntu.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 4
  • pclinuxos.png
    pclinuxos.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 2
  • elementary.png
    elementary.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Android.png
    Android.png