Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

• • • BlackBerry™ Curve 9220 Official Thread • • •

Baekwondo

Symbianize Spirit
Advanced Member
Reaction score
LOGO-1.jpg

Blackberry-Curve-92201.jpg

BlackBerry™ Curve 9220 Official Thread

I've made this thread for those users who have questions, tips, tricks, problems, suggestions
and for those who want to share their experiences regarding BlackBerry™ Curve 9220

Note: I am still a future user and not yet a master of this unit.

:book:
[ Full phone specifications ]

FAQs

October Price range :
P9,100 - 9,990 (Mall price)
P8,400 - 9,400 (Online price)

Last edited:
FAQs

* Frequently Asked Questions *

1. Paano po ginagawa yung RESET?
There are three types: HARD & SOFT Reset. and the FACTORY Reset.​

2. Bakit po hindi ako makapag-internet using MobileData/GPRS/EDGE ?
POSTPAID PLAN USERS: You need BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) to be able to browse the Internet. Additional charges ito sa PLAN mo kung magpapaUpgrade ka.
PREPAID USERS: Make sure DATA SERVICES is turned ON: Go to Networks and Connections > Mobile Network > Data Services > On. Check mo rin load mo baka naman 0.00 Balance kana :rofl:

3. Bakit po ayaw gumana ng mga pre-Installed Apps like facebook, twitter & Youtube using WiFi?
Perform a hard reset first then delete the App then install it again on Blackberry App World (BAW) or just update it on BAW. BAW > My World to see the apps notification updates.​

(to be continue)

Last edited:
Updating

* How to update your BlackBerry OS *

REQUIREMETS : PC, fast Internet connection, BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable.

1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide

2. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS here Globe BlackBerry Users / Smart BlackBerry Users or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.

3. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.
Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers continue reading.

4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else
You can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)
- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username) – On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe. Follow the wizard and let it take your BlackBerry device into pure awesomeness.

6. That's it.
If all else fails, fire-up up the Desktop Manager and look for the update button (if it didn't pop-up)​

Last edited:
hi there,

you"ve invited me on this link.

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?p=13220042#post13220042.

may sagot na po ba kayo dito?

Sorry po.. Ano po ang BIS?

Using wifi, nakakapg fbm twitter, tsaka youtube apps naman ako.
yun lang mga googletalk, hindo pwede. paano po ba? thanks ng marami..

Thanks!

"The BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) is a service that provides BlackBerry smartphone users with access to Internet browsing, allows email messaging, instant messaging using the BlackBerry Messenger service, and more.
The service also allows users to access POP3, IMAP, and Outlook Web App (not via Exchange ActiveSync) email accounts without connecting through a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES).
The service is usually provisioned through a mobile phone service provider, though Research In Motion (RIM) (BlackBerry's developer) actually runs the service.
This service uses RIM's proprietary push technology (in contrast with SyncML-based push technologies such as Funambol) to the BlackBerry devices over cellular carriers.
BIS retrieves email from mail servers by polling a POP3 or IMAP server and offers additional synchronization capabilities, such as calendars or contacts for some webmail providers." - wikipedia

UUnahan na kita, im sure itatanong mo kung paano gumawa ng BIS account, eto ang link.
OPEN THIS LINK ON YOUR BB BROWSER

NOTE : Dapat BIS subscribed ka na sa NETWORK OPERATOR mo (Globe, Smart & Sun) kung hindi, never ka makakagawa ng B.I.S. Account.

Last edited:
hi there,

you"ve invited me on this link.

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?p=13220042#post13220042.

may sagot na po ba kayo dito?

Sorry po.. Ano po ang BIS?

Using wifi, nakakapg fbm twitter, tsaka youtube apps naman ako.
yun lang mga googletalk, hindo pwede. paano po ba? thanks ng marami..

Thanks!

Cannot create account:

This BlackBerry® device is not registered with your wireless service provider. Please
register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches the
one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

If the error persists, contact your wireless service provider.

(Ang mga nakalist sa host routing table ko ay ito,

GPRS PH (515) [51500230]
Wi-Fi [60]

tinry ko iregister yung dalawa, may nagreply naman na
"Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network."

But when I go back to the BIS, yun pa rin ang error.

To make things clear, Im on postpaid plan, nka on yung BBM ko unli sya pero hindi activated yung services ko sa internet using globe kasi ganun daw ang set up. if i want to use the apps, dapat akong mag enroll sa bb socials or kaya bb max na promo. I dont have plan to upgrade. i just wanna use the apps if im using wifi, From my first use, kahit wifi, di ako nakapag access ng fb at twitter apps, pero nung inupgrade ko yung version nya. gumana na i can use it even if wifi lang. kaso yung mga messaging, kahit anong uninstall o kaya upgrade sa version. ayaw pa din. is there a way to hack this? hehehe (kasi guman na yung fb at twitte, i hope sa mga google talk at ym din.) tsaka isang tanong pa. safe ba mag unlock ng blackberry? any advice. thanks ng marami.. :)

(sorry ang haba ng concern ko... )

Cannot create account:

This BlackBerry® device is not registered with your wireless service provider. Please
register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches the
one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

If the error persists, contact your wireless service provider.

(Ang mga nakalist sa host routing table ko ay ito,

GPRS PH (515) [51500230]
Wi-Fi [60]

tinry ko iregister yung dalawa, may nagreply naman na
"Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network."

But when I go back to the BIS, yun pa rin ang error.

To make things clear, Im on postpaid plan, nka on yung BBM ko unli sya pero hindi activated yung services ko sa internet using globe kasi ganun daw ang set up. if i want to use the apps, dapat akong mag enroll sa bb socials or kaya bb max na promo. I dont have plan to upgrade. i just wanna use the apps if im using wifi, From my first use, kahit wifi, di ako nakapag access ng fb at twitter apps, pero nung inupgrade ko yung version nya. gumana na i can use it even if wifi lang. kaso yung mga messaging, kahit anong uninstall o kaya upgrade sa version. ayaw pa din. is there a way to hack this? hehehe (kasi guman na yung fb at twitte, i hope sa mga google talk at ym din.) tsaka isang tanong pa. safe ba mag unlock ng blackberry? any advice. thanks ng marami.. :)

(sorry ang haba ng concern ko... )

NkaPLAN kapala, you need BIS DATA PLAN for you to use that.
like what you've said, ganun siguro talaga ang setup nila , about GTALK & YM! you can use these pero magssubscribe ka muna sa kanila.

ABOUT HACKING/UNLOCKING , check it HERE :
or
http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=595148
or
http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=672521

Last edited:
i have 2 bb 9220 and both can't access fb through wifi. I only have bb chat for bb service from globe. pina open line ko sya here (thanks sa nagprovide ng mep2) and then nilagay ko ung sun sim ko na may full bis service. saka lang gagana ung fb pag gamit ung service ng sun pero pg wifi ayaw talaga gumana nung fb. ung twitter at browser at fb sa browser gumagana. baka may workaround kau. tnx.

i have 2 bb 9220 and both can't access fb through wifi. I only have bb chat for bb service from globe. pina open line ko sya here (thanks sa nagprovide ng mep2) and then nilagay ko ung sun sim ko na may full bis service. saka lang gagana ung fb pag gamit ung service ng sun pero pg wifi ayaw talaga gumana nung fb. ung twitter at browser at fb sa browser gumagana. baka may workaround kau. tnx.

try uninstalling the FB app then download it on Bb app world.
ganyan kasi yung ginawa ng isang user sa previous post, inupdate nya yung FB.

Thanks po! unlock na yung phone ko... :D
it's a great help.

you're :welcome:

ako naman magtatanong, while mobile data and BBM is turned off and you use WIFI, on Browser, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter apps,
working smoothly parin ba?

you're :welcome:

ako naman magtatanong, while mobile data and BBM is turned off and you use WIFI, on Browser, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter apps,
working smoothly parin ba?

Tinry ko yung sabi mo. I turned off my data services, and then nagconnect ako sa wifi. tapos inaccess ko yung tatlong apps na sabi mo.. ok naman, walang problema... they are working smoothly pa rin.. :)

Tinry ko yung sabi mo. I turned off my data services, and then nagconnect ako sa wifi. tapos inaccess ko yung tatlong apps na sabi mo.. ok naman, walang problema... they are working smoothly pa rin.. :)

It starts to make sense now. :thanks:
I was just wondering why some users like rysh05 are facing these problem like what she said on the previous post
Hindi raw sya makakonek sa FB app using WIFI..
Hmmm, sabi ko iupdate nya or alternate solution, turnoff nya muna ang mobile data then WIFI lang ang gamitin....

hmmm?
:noidea:

It starts to make sense now. :thanks:
I was just wondering why some users like rysh05 are facing these problem like what she said on the previous post
Hindi raw sya makakonek sa FB app using WIFI..
Hmmm, sabi ko iupdate nya or alternate solution, turnoff nya muna ang mobile data then WIFI lang ang gamitin....

hmmm?
:noidea:

Upgrade muna nila yung apps nila using AppWorld. :)
Gagana na yun.. Proven and tested. hehe

Upgrade muna nila yung apps nila using AppWorld. :)
Gagana na yun.. Proven and tested. hehe

:thanks: Oo nga.

Wala bang options to turn ON notifications from BlackBerry App World (BAW) na may new versions yung mga pre-installed apps (f, t, Youtube) ?
(parang sa ANDROID, everytime na kokonek sa WIFI may notifications if there are new versions of your installed apps.)
Is there any?

Hindi ko natry yan paano na may automatic pop up. pero makikita mo yung notifications na may ugrades if you go to My World ng AppWorld, pag nandun ka na, sa upper version, may notifications sya. pwede mo ngang upgrade all.. (i cant compare android, im not using kasi, sensya)

may blackberry Curve 9220 po ako. at may tatlo po akong problema.

1. pag nag ccharge po ako. nag bblink po yung LED light(color green). at parang nakaka istorbo po kasi sa pagtulog.

2. yung twitter ko po. (twitter for blackberry) may nakalagay sa baba na, "no network connections" bakit po ganon kahit naka wifi ako.

3. wala pong notifications akong nakukuha sa twitter ko. kahit po ilang mentions na sakin. hindi po nalabas sa home ng bb ko. kahat po naka on wifi.

at paano ko po aactivate BIS ko? na try ko po sa pc pati cp wala po nangyari

paano din po mag register ng bbm? yung 99php po

GLOBE LOCK PO. pero TM sim po ako kaya po di na ka line.

Last edited:
may blackberry Curve 9220 po ako. at may tatlo po akong problema.

1. pag nag ccharge po ako. nag bblink po yung LED light(color green). at parang nakaka istorbo po kasi sa pagtulog.

2. yung twitter ko po. (twitter for blackberry) may nakalagay sa baba na, "no network connections" bakit po ganon kahit naka wifi ako.

3. wala pong notifications akong nakukuha sa twitter ko. kahit po ilang mentions na sakin. hindi po nalabas sa home ng bb ko. kahat po naka on wifi.

GLOBE LOCK PO. pero TM sim po ako kaya po di na ka line.

1.) When you charge your phone, the clock will appear, press the blackberry button and turn on Bedside Mode. Press again the Blackberry icon and then go to Options, and make sure the Disable LED portion is on.

2.) With your twitter problem, "no network connections" will appear if you turn off your data services. So turn it on, anyways, TM will not charge you because you are using Wifi.

Go to Networks and Connections > Mobile Network > Data Services > On

3.) Regarding your notifications, when you are at the Twitter app, click the Blackberry button, go to Options, Dapat naka on yung, Notify on new tweets. But take note, a-appear lang yung notifications mo pag nagawa mo na yung no. 2.

Proven and tested po yan. Thanks, Update me if it works.

Last edited:
@ yamskii
many :thanks: i see, kelangan pa pala icheck ang B.A.W para makita kung may updates sa downloaded/preloaded App.
Anyway nice reply sa taas, dami ko natututunan.

@ bmt25
ayun sa wakas, may nakaPrepaid na rin...
Tol gusto mo ba ng signature image gaya sa amin?t

Pwede po magtanung kasi gusto ko din macustomize ung feat ng bb9220 newbie user lang ako ng phone dont know how? San pwede mgdownload n site for free apps games themes? Except sa app world ang knti t d maganda apps dun thank u.

Back
Top Bottom