Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

✩✩✩ My Best Linux OS - Linux Mint 17.1 “Rebecca”(Updated) ✩✩✩

jorge110

The Devotee
Advanced Member
Reaction score
✩✩✩ My Best Linux OS - Linux Mint 17.1 “Rebecca”(Updated) ✩✩✩

The purpose of Linux Mint is to produce a modern, elegant and comfortable operating system which is both powerful and easy to use.
Started in 2006, Linux Mint is now the 4th most widely used home operating system behind Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS and Canonical's Ubuntu.
Some of the reasons for the success of Linux Mint are:

• It works out of the box, with full multimedia support and is extremely easy to use.
  • It's both free of cost and open source.
  • It's community-driven. Users are encouraged to send feedback to the project so that their ideas can be used to improve Linux Mint.
  • Based on Debian and Ubuntu, it provides about 30,000 packages and one of the best software managers.
  • It's safe and reliable. Thanks to a conservative approach to software updates, a unique Update Manager and the robustness of its Linux architecture, Linux Mint requires very little maintenance (no regressions, no antivirus, no anti-spyware...etc).

FAQ

What is Linux Mint?

Linux Mint is a free Linux-based operating system designed for use on desktop computers.
Is Linux Mint suitable for individuals?

Yes, definitely. Linux Mint is designed to be comfortable and easy to use but also powerful and configurable. Everything is done to make the user experience better.
Linux Mint is the most popular Linux distribution and positions itself as the 3rd most popular desktop operating system in the World.
User feedback is very important to us and used to consistently improve the quality of Linux Mint.
Is Linux Mint suitable for companies?

Yes. Linux Mint provides Long-Term Support (LTS) releases which are supported for a duration of 5 years.

What about proprietary software?

Linux Mint does not support any political or ideological stance against any software programs or editors no matter what license they use. With that said, most if not all (depending on the edition) software used in Linux Mint is Free and Open Source. We believe in Open Source as a choice, not as a constraint. We think it makes sense to share code, to credit the technology we use, to let people help us, to allow others to build upon what we are making and to enable progress in general. We also enjoy sharing with the community, so we license our software under the GPL and the vast majority of components we use are Free and Open Source.

⌦⌦⌦ Linux Mint New Released OS ⌫⌫⌫

Linux Mint 17 “Qiana” Xfce released!
Linux Mint 17 “Qiana” KDE released!

Linux Mint 16 “Petra” Xfce released!
Linux Mint 16 “Petra” KDE released!
Linux Mint Debian 201403 released!
LMDE Update Pack 8

Linux Mint 17.1 “Rebecca” Cinnamon released!

attachment.php

Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca Cinnamon Edition
Linux Mint 17.1 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2019. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.
New features at a glance:

For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon“.
Important info:
There is some important info in the Release Notes:

• Keybindings migration
  • Issues with Skype
  • DVD Playback with VLC
  • HiDPI
  • EFI Support
  • Misconfigured swap when using home directory encryption
  • Solving freezes with some NVIDIA GeForce GPUs
  • Booting with non-PAE CPUs
  • Issues with KDE apps
  • Other issues
Make sure to read them to be aware of known issues and known solutions related to this release.
System requirements:

• x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
  • 512MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
  • 9GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
  • Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution (1024×768 recommended).
  • DVD drive or USB port
Upgrade instructions:

• If you want to upgrade from Linux Mint 17.1 RC, simply launch the Update Manager and install any Level 1 update available.
  • If you want to upgrade from Linux Mint 17, please wait for a few days while we release a new version of the Update Manager to you. In the meantime, you do not need to download or to reinstall anything. We’ll make announcements next week when this is ready.

Download:
Md5 sum:

• 32-bit: d1a9474f4f48c3a2220ddd1ff57f76b3
  • 64-bit: 0307ffcd5046c176599904193899426e
Torrents:

HTTP Mirrors for the 32-bit DVD ISO:

HTTP Mirrors for the 64-bit DVD ISO:

Linux Mint 17.1 “Rebecca” Mate released!

attachment.php

Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca MATE Edition
Linux Mint 17.1 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2019. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.
New features at a glance:

For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 17.1 MATE“.
Important info:
There is some important info in the Release Notes:

• Issues with Skype
  • DVD Playback with VLC
  • Bluetooth
  • Compiz in Virtualbox
  • EFI Support
  • Misconfigured swap with home directory encryption
  • Solving freezes with some NVIDIA GeForce GPUs
  • Issues with KDE apps
  • Booting with non-PAE CPUs
  • Other issues
Make sure to read them to be aware of known issues and known solutions related to this release.
System requirements:

• x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
  • 512MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
  • 9GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
  • Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution (1024×768 recommended).
  • DVD drive or USB port
Upgrade instructions:

• If you want to upgrade from Linux Mint 17.1 RC, simply launch the Update Manager and install any Level 1 update available.
  • If you want to upgrade from Linux Mint 17, please wait for a few days while we release a new version of the Update Manager to you. In the meantime, you do not need to download or to reinstall anything. We’ll make announcements next week when this is ready.

Download:
Md5 sum:

• 32-bit: a8c7529d3bc0d3a4b1c03a9163cab1e8
  • 64-bit: c37ca530d17bfdf6431e92c92baf8503
Torrents:

HTTP Mirrors for the 32-bit DVD ISO:

HTTP Mirrors for the 64-bit DVD ISO:

Last edited:
Re: My Best Linux OS -->> Linux Mint

installed to boss sakin kaso nag hahang naman boss.. bakit kaya? ano po ba yung PC po ata yun?

installed to boss sakin kaso nag hahang naman boss.. bakit kaya? ano po ba yung PC po ata yun?

sir ano po specifications ng PC mo? kasi ininstall ko sa PENTIUM III na

bulok yan di naman naghang or nagkaproblema.. 32bit ginamit ko,

actually di ko nga na meet yung minimum requirements nya pero ok

naman yang linux mint...

Anu Specs ng PC mo Sir? :) .. ok naman sa akin yan kahit sa low specs PC :) .. bsta 32 bit lng ang gamitin mo .. ayus yan sa akin hehe:yipee:

Anu Specs ng PC mo Sir? :) .. ok naman sa akin yan kahit sa low specs PC :) .. bsta 32 bit lng ang gamitin mo .. ayus yan sa akin hehe:yipee:

sir anung desktop environment ng ginamit mo ? gumamit ka nalang ng Cinnamon or kea XFCE, kasi kung Mate at KDE ang gamit mo may kabigatan talaga yan ..

sir anung desktop environment ng ginamit mo ? gumamit ka nalang ng Cinnamon or kea XFCE, kasi kung Mate at KDE ang gamit mo may kabigatan talaga yan ..

Cinnamon at kde are heavier than mate and xfce(lightweight of them all)...Kung newbie ka sa linux try mo mint na mate yung variant it will run even on netbook...

Last edited:

Proud Linux Mint user here. :)

Gumagana po ba CProxy dito? Saka paano po mag-setup ng broadband stick dito? >_<"

crush ko si Ubuntu, pero minahal ko si miss LinuxMint. haayz.... uwi muna ako sa bahay sabi ni tatay Debian. 1st love ko parin si LinuxMint xfce :-)

crush ko si Ubuntu, pero minahal ko si miss LinuxMint. haayz.... uwi muna ako sa bahay sabi ni tatay Debian. 1st love ko parin si LinuxMint xfce :-)

hahaha LOL !! :P .. huwag kna kasing maglandi sa iba pa! .. kei Linux Mint kna dree! :P

Linux Mint user since version 6, hindi ko lang maintindihan kung bakit Mint ang preferred ko kaysa sa Ubuntu. (Baka sa kulay hindi ko ata gusto yung orange kaysa sa green and white color theme banner nila :lol: )

May drivers n po b to ? sensya newbie po.

I tried to use LInux Mint 14.1 Cinnamon 32 bit. Pero nag ha-hang. Tsaka ung display nag ga-garbled. Bakit kaya. And now nag switch back ako sa dating os ko na XP.

Ito specs ng desktop ko.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2gb DDR2
80gb HDD Sata
17" CRT Montior
256mb Built-it Graphics

mint fanatic din ako...d mawawala yan sa bootable usb ku...

I tried to use LInux Mint 14.1 Cinnamon 32 bit. Pero nag ha-hang. Tsaka ung display nag ga-garbled. Bakit kaya. And now nag switch back ako sa dating os ko na XP.

Ito specs ng desktop ko.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2gb DDR2
80gb HDD Sata
17" CRT Montior
256mb Built-it Graphics

Anong onboard video card yan, Nvidia 6150SE or Radeon X1200? AFAIK stable ang mga legacy video cards yan even sa 1st gen Intel Atom.

EDIT: I forgot na buggy ang Cinnamon DE niya lalo na pag nag-install ka ng propriety drivers. Gawin mo muna try mo i switch sa Gnome, pag ganun pa rin try mo i-download yung Xfce or Mate version.

Last edited:

Anong onboard video card yan, Nvidia 6150SE or Radeon X1200? AFAIK stable ang mga legacy video cards yan even sa 1st gen Intel Atom.

EDIT: I forgot na buggy ang Cinnamon DE niya lalo na pag nag-install ka ng propriety drivers. Gawin mo muna try mo i switch sa Gnome, pag ganun pa rin try mo i-download yung Xfce or Mate version.

On board Graphics: NVidia Gforce 6100 nforce 405

Sige po try ko po suggestion nyo. Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom