Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ADVISE] Help in Assembling/Building/Choosing/Upgrading Your Computer

OhNow3P

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Hi guys,

I started this thread to help everyone wanting a new computer. All you need to do is post the following:
Code:
budget:
usage:

other miscellaneous requirements:

*If to be used for gaming,. please indicate the games you wish to play.

The prices i will be using are those that come from major shops in gilmore and also PCexpress and others... The prices will only reflect that of which on the date of my post.

also please put your requests in this format:

Processor:
Motherboard:
RAM:

Video Card:

Hard Drive:
Optical Drive:

Power Supply:
Casing:

monitor:

Accessories:

please indicate (at least)the size of the hard disk desired, and also what you need/have/prefer.

Thanks.

How to get to Gilmore:
commuting... From EDSA get on the MRT to Cubao and take the other train and get off at Gilmore station. so easy.
driving... Via aurora is the easiest way from EDSA. anyway, just ask na lang cos i dunno where you'll be coming from.

An example post would be as follows:
Hi. Please help me buy a computer for my son. He will be using it mainly for school and some games. He likes to play Dota and L4D. Our budget for the PC would be 20K. We already have a printer, monitor and speakers. Our monitor is a 17" CRT monitor. My son said he prefers 1gb video card.

Thank you.

Last edited:
oo ikaw nga hahaha
oh isee.. sabi ko na eh may sipa pa yan kesa 380 un nga lng lakas sa ng higop ng kuryente..

walang problema sa games? high to ultra?
mas mahal nga ata ung bnew nyan kesa 380 kung meron pa..

baka yan na lng din alternative ko over 970 o 390...

Ang problema ko, wala akong games na matest ang capability nya. D3, dota2 and ultra street fighter 4 at max settings, hindi natitinag. I'm still downloading witcher 3 (36gb) and crysis 3 (16gb)
3dmark rin lang nasubukan ko pantest and i didn't understand the scores :rofl:
Well, baba ng score nya sa mga Physics tests :noidea:

edit: triple monitor attempt :lol:
susubukan ko itong setup sa crysis 3 at witcher 3 in eyefinity mode

Last edited:
taga south ka din pala sir hehe
check mo sa easypc alabang sir, maganda din bigayan dun at sa pcnetmiles, medyo mahal sa pcexpress pero maganda naman service

I've checked EasyPC, their parts are cheaper. I'm just not that confident when it comes to technical support unlike PC Express since they really have a Tech Dept.

I like here in South. 3 branch of PC Express, (One in Las Pinas, one in Festival Mall and one in ATC.) The ride is easier if one branch doesn't have a stock of what I am buying.

I'm definitely going to buy the parts here in Alabang. I'm still undecided though which should I pick between the three (Easy PC, PC Net Miles and PC Express).

I've checked EasyPC, their parts are cheaper. I'm just not that confident when it comes to technical support unlike PC Express since they really have a Tech Dept.

I like here in South. 3 branch of PC Express, (One in Las Pinas, one in Festival Mall and one in ATC.) The ride is easier if one branch doesn't have a stock of what I am buying.

I'm definitely going to buy the parts here in Alabang. I'm still undecided though which should I pick between the three (Easy PC, PC Net Miles and PC Express).

hmm.. pacompute mo sir sa bawat shop yang setup mo, kung halos same lang din naman yung price nila dun ka na sa pcx, yun lang pangit sa easypc, wala silang tech dept, yung merchandiser nga nila minsan di alam yung specs ng binibenta haha, pero maganda lang kasi mura talaga sila mag benta dun lang sila panalo sakin hehe, at maganda din warranty service, kung malalim naman na yung knowledge mo sir sa pc di mo na need ng IT, mahalaga na lang yung warranty service

pag amd, mga 4-5 years bago ka magpalit ng cpu. sakto sa zen+. ang masama lang ddr3 lang ang amd ngayon.

new socket na ang am4 di pwede sa am3, tapos ddr4 support na din, mali yung rumors dati na pwede ang am3 to am4, 14nm or 16nm na din

it would be best to introduce a new socket with the zen. the 990fx chipset which comes with the am3+ has only 5.2gt/s while intel's 1151 is 8gt/s. masyado malayo agwat.

hmm.. pacompute mo sir sa bawat shop yang setup mo, kung halos same lang din naman yung price nila dun ka na sa pcx, yun lang pangit sa easypc, wala silang tech dept, yung merchandiser nga nila minsan di alam yung specs ng binibenta haha, pero maganda lang kasi mura talaga sila mag benta dun lang sila panalo sakin hehe, at maganda din warranty service, kung malalim naman na yung knowledge mo sir sa pc di mo na need ng IT, mahalaga na lang yung warranty service

I agree on the pricing. It's at least 20% cheaper than PC Express but you really can't outdo an IT shop when it has a Technical Support especially for guys like me who doesn't really have an idea about technical things.

Guess I need to wait a few more months before assembling this rig to see if the prices will drop. :weep:

theres really not much of a difference. just last march when I accompanied an acquaintance to pcx Gilmore to buy a psu and had it tested for a ripple test to avoid a melon, they said they don't have the means. if ever theres any problem, you have to send it back. I think the only difference will be how many days will you get your item back.

I agree on the pricing. It's at least 20% cheaper than PC Express but you really can't outdo an IT shop when it has a Technical Support especially for guys like me who doesn't really have an idea about technical things.

Guess I need to wait a few more months before assembling this rig to see if the prices will drop. :weep:

tama sir, pero may promo ata ang pcx now sa mga skylake boards hehe

hi
pa suggest nmn po ng build
best na gaming pc at around 25-27k
amd/intel ok lng

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 = 5,100.00
MOB: Gigabyte H97M D3H = 4,200.00
RAM: G.Skill AEGIS 2x4GB DDR3-1600 CL11 (F3-1600C11D-8GIS) = 2,520.00
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 64MB (WD10EZEX) = 2,480.00
VGA: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 960 = 8,500.00 or R9 380 dual X
PSU: Seasonic SS-600BT ECO Series 600W 80+ Bronze = 2,500.00
Total: 25,300
Case: ikaw na bahala kung anong trip mo

upgrade path:
processor i5 or i7
SSD

Note: kung makakapag antay ka pa till dec meron ng i3 skylake available satin, pwede ka mag 6th ng intel build halos pareho lang din nito pero 6th gen na

Last edited:
Sir, Good Eve.. Pa suggest po kung makakabuo ba ang nakakahiya kong budget na 15k ng mabilis na PC. Hehehehe. Gipit kasi ngayon.. Anyway, I already have a Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse.. I'd prefer AMD sir, at kahit 500gb lang na HARDD.. Thanks!

Main Usage/Purpose: For Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Pro Tools, EZ Drummer and other audio editing/recording softwares.

Processor:
Motherboard:
RAM:

Video Card:

Hard Drive:
Optical Drive:

Power Supply:
Casing:

Accessories:

Sir, Good Eve.. Pa suggest po kung makakabuo ba ang nakakahiya kong budget na 15k ng mabilis na PC. Hehehehe. Gipit kasi ngayon.. Anyway, I already have a Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse.. I'd prefer AMD sir, at kahit 500gb lang na HARDD.. Thanks!

Main Usage/Purpose: For Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Pro Tools, EZ Drummer and other audio editing/recording softwares.

apu: a10-7870k php6850

ram: ddr3 2133 8gb dual cl9 php2620

mb: gigabyte a68hm s1 php2180 needs bios update to fully support godavari

hdd: toshiba 500gb php1950

psu: deepcool de480 php999 note: continuous output is 350w, peak is 480w. good enough for this system which is under 200w.

case: rakk black php400

if you plan to add a powerful graphics card later on, for example r9 380, you have to change the psu to something better like seasonic s12ii 520. this psu is still good if you add a 750ti.

Back
Top Bottom