Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ADVISE] Help in Assembling/Building/Choosing/Upgrading Your Computer

OhNow3P

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Hi guys,

I started this thread to help everyone wanting a new computer. All you need to do is post the following:
Code:
budget:
usage:

other miscellaneous requirements:

*If to be used for gaming,. please indicate the games you wish to play.

The prices i will be using are those that come from major shops in gilmore and also PCexpress and others... The prices will only reflect that of which on the date of my post.

also please put your requests in this format:

Processor:
Motherboard:
RAM:

Video Card:

Hard Drive:
Optical Drive:

Power Supply:
Casing:

monitor:

Accessories:

please indicate (at least)the size of the hard disk desired, and also what you need/have/prefer.

Thanks.

How to get to Gilmore:
commuting... From EDSA get on the MRT to Cubao and take the other train and get off at Gilmore station. so easy.
driving... Via aurora is the easiest way from EDSA. anyway, just ask na lang cos i dunno where you'll be coming from.

An example post would be as follows:
Hi. Please help me buy a computer for my son. He will be using it mainly for school and some games. He likes to play Dota and L4D. Our budget for the PC would be 20K. We already have a printer, monitor and speakers. Our monitor is a 17" CRT monitor. My son said he prefers 1gb video card.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks! I will be noting this. Also If I upgrade my GPU should I change my PSU? o swak na rin yung 520w?

maybe if you are gonna use a 980 or higher... or a R9 390x or higher... :noidea:
pero kaya na nya ang R9 390 and gtx 970 and lower.

Hello po. Ano po kaya ang mas okay iupgrade sa parts ko ngayon?
Specs:

i3-6100
msi h110m pro vh
ripjaws v 2400 x2 4gb
gtx 750ti
ssd 120gb/hdd 500gb
seasonic 80 bronze 520w non modular
raiden elite case

processor muna ba?

wala pa isang taon yung skylake, upgrade na agad :lol: pag lumabas na yung kabylake, magmumura siguro yung i7 na skylake. malamang ibang socket na naman nun. aside from the suggestion above, why not another ssd? maybe 500gb this time so youll dedicate your 120 for os and office apps then the 500gb for games only. unless youre the kind of person who finishes a game first then deletes it.

guys need ko yung help nyu regarding sa UPS...my PSU is 500w..pwede na po ba dyan ang 625va ng apc?thanks thanks...

Last edited:
So far eto pa lang nabili ko.
Case: Rakk Phantom
Power Supply: Korean Surplus Ice Man 600pw v2.3
Mobo: MSI h81-p33
May nag bebenta ng 2nd hand PowerColor R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 V3 OC for 3.5k, 4 months used pa lang daw. Bibilhin ko na ba? Ok lang ba siya i pares sa g3258? Wala po bang bottle neck?
Any opinion po sa korean na power supply? Di po ba delikado sa PC ko? TIA po sa sasagot.

So far eto pa lang nabili ko.
Case: Rakk Phantom
Power Supply: Korean Surplus Ice Man 600pw v2.3
Mobo: MSI h81-p33
May nag bebenta ng 2nd hand PowerColor R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 V3 OC for 3.5k, 4 months used pa lang daw. Bibilhin ko na ba? Ok lang ba siya i pares sa g3258? Wala po bang bottle neck?
Any opinion po sa korean na power supply? Di po ba delikado sa PC ko? TIA po sa sasagot.

I wouldn't really bet on generic power supplies, that's the first thing that I would invest on dahil kayang sirain ng faulty supply and lahat ng components mo. Regarding the gpu, kung may warranty pa, I think it's a good deal. It requires 400W psu, pero 600W ang gamit mo kaya lang hindi ako sure kung 80% certified ba yan, baka mamaya mas mababa pa sa 400W ang output nyan.

Bottleneck is a variable term. Depende sa games yan, kung cpu or gpu intensive. You'll do well, considering na unlocked ang cpu mo.

Sir anong magandang pc build na pasok sa 15k budget? Kahit wala pa po gpu, mostly gagamitin lang sa browsing at panunuod ng movies. Hindi na po need ng monitor.

Last edited:
Sir anong magandang pc build na pasok sa 15k budget? Kahit wala pa po gpu, mostly gagamitin lang sa browsing at panunuod ng movies. Hindi na po need ng monitor.

Core i3 6100 5390
MSI H110M PRO-VH - Php 3,530
G.Skill Ripjaws V 4GBx1 DDR4 2400 - Php 1,450
Seagate 1TB (ST1000DM003) - Php 2,430
Corsair VS 450 watts - Php 1,650
Generic Casing - Php 500
Total: 14,950
makakapag gaming ka pa din dito using igpu
Core i3 6100 review
upgrade path mo :
GTX 750 Ti
GTX 950
GTX 960 or R9 380
or ssd

just a suggestion, why not earn enough budget so you can buy the pc components you want? since youre just gonna use it for browsing and watching movies, why not use your phone or tablet to browse? unless its for work or your phone is analog. im assuming your pc will be home based. you can also plug your device to your tv to watch movies. idk how they do it but ive seen it somewhere. if you have enough sd card space, you can also download torrents. again idk how they do it but its possible. and guess what? your handheld device doesn't use as much power as a desktop. (an argument given by amd fanboys to compensate for the supposedly huge electricity bill, credits to them) you can also tap on to your work network to download torrents provided you got a buddy in the IT department. isn't that great?

Hello :) mejo noob question lang.. wanting to upgrade my laptop RAM, from 2gb to 4-6gb...laptop mainly used for browsing, studies,programming like vb, java, IT stuff, at ito ang specs ng DDR3 So-Dimm RAM stick ko.
View attachment 255987
and ito naman ang chipset
View attachment 255988
sabi sa site ng Asus, kaya ng laptop ko ang 8gb..tanong ko lang, kaya kaya nito ang 12800 o mas mataas pa o better stick to 10600 na lang ako? hirap kasi humanap ng 10600 tska diba magkaka-issue if dalwang RAM stick ang gamit ko tapos yung isa 10600 tapos yung partner naman ay 12800??
paki explain naman sa may alam..hehe

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
Hello boss

hngi sana ako advised 10 to 15k budget pc only lang
ung tipong mkaka pag multi task ..playing dota2 tapos rendering of videos
mga ganyang tipo pero budget meal lang ano kaya mapapayo nyo ..salamat po !!

Hello :) mejo noob question lang.. wanting to upgrade my laptop RAM, from 2gb to 4-6gb...laptop mainly used for browsing, studies,programming like vb, java, IT stuff, at ito ang specs ng DDR3 So-Dimm RAM stick ko.
View attachment 1100631
and ito naman ang chipset
View attachment 1100632
sabi sa site ng Asus, kaya ng laptop ko ang 8gb..tanong ko lang, kaya kaya nito ang 12800 o mas mataas pa o better stick to 10600 na lang ako? hirap kasi humanap ng 10600 tska diba magkaka-issue if dalwang RAM stick ang gamit ko tapos yung isa 10600 tapos yung partner naman ay 12800??
paki explain naman sa may alam..hehe

Using different ram on the same system will yield two (or more) possible results:

1. Ram downclock. Pairing 1333MHz ram (the speed that you have) with a 1600MHz or higher ram will force the faster ram to run down to 1333MHz; or
2. BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) - this is sure to happen if the timings of the ram that you get don't match the original kit that you have.

If you plan on upgrading ram, either make sure to get a module with identical specs or get a new dual channel ram kit and ditch that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello boss

hngi sana ako advised 10 to 15k budget pc only lang
ung tipong mkaka pag multi task ..playing dota2 tapos rendering of videos
mga ganyang tipo pero budget meal lang ano kaya mapapayo nyo ..salamat po !!

Madaling abutin ang gaming needs using an APU build if you'll be playing @768p (1024x768 reso) depending on games but for rendering, you'll need more cores. Either FX build ka or intel i7, but you'll need a graphics card.

Anyway here's my take, APU build:

CPU: AMD A8-7600 Kaveri = P4100
MOBO: MSI A68HM E33 V2 = P2100
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB 2133 CL9 = P2700
Storage: Seagate ST1000DM003 SATA = P2500
PSU: Seasonic s12ii 520W = P2600
Case: Deepcool Kendomen = P2000

16k lahat, you can opt for 500GB HDD and shave 1k off para 15k, but 1TB is today's norm especially for personal builds (my opinion). Maraming downsides since the socket is dead regarding upgrades. Else, here's an intel build from Back2gaming:

intel.jpg

This can be a better choice, as you have room for future upgrades. If you can spare more, I highly suggest the s12ii 520w psu. 5 years warranty and will last you through upgrades.

i think kung may "capable" GPU ka na, you should invest next sa magandang monitor :cool:
1440p - 4k... 120hz or higher... ultrawide... curved (not a fan)
of course walang 120hz/144hz na 4k monitor :lol: wala rin GPU pa na capable i-drive yun :lol:

daming upgrade path:
if your board supports it - NVME or M.2 SSD
more HDD (RAID 6) or even higher capacity SSD's (sobrang mahal)
mechanical keyboards & gaming mice + "gaming" mouse pads
HiFi speakers or headphones, dedicated sound cards and DAC/AMP
water coolers (AIO or even custom loops) and LED illumination
multi-GPU and multi-monitor setup
custom mods ng chassis or even the table and chairs

i think kung may "capable" GPU ka na, you should invest next sa magandang monitor :cool:
1440p - 4k... 120hz or higher... ultrawide... curved (not a fan)
of course walang 120hz/144hz na 4k monitor :lol: wala rin GPU pa na capable i-drive yun :lol:

daming upgrade path:
if your board supports it - NVME or M.2 SSD
more HDD (RAID 6) or even higher capacity SSD's (sobrang mahal)
mechanical keyboards & gaming mice + "gaming" mouse pads
HiFi speakers or headphones, dedicated sound cards and DAC/AMP
water coolers (AIO or even custom loops) and LED illumination
multi-GPU and multi-monitor setup
custom mods ng chassis or even the table and chairs

tama ka dyan sir, hehe yun nga plan ko next eh good monitor na, kahit 24inches lang muna
tapos case, balak ko na mag itx build haha, tapos na era ng mamalaking case haha

tama ka dyan sir, hehe yun nga plan ko next eh good monitor na, kahit 24inches lang muna
tapos case, balak ko na mag itx build haha, tapos na era ng mamalaking case haha

honga :thumbsup:
daming build ngayon ng itx pero high end components dahil na rin sa mga small form factor na GPU's
AMD's R9 Fury X & Nano against Nvidia's GTX 970 mini

Mga bossing pwede na po ang specs na to?

I5 4460
Ecs b85
8gb hyper x 1866 2x 4gb
Ecs gtx560
Case deep cool smarter
500 gb seagate sata
samsung led sa100 18.5 inches

18k 2nd hand.

Or punta na lang ako gilmore and build ako ng entry level gaming unit. For sure ibibigay sa akin sa gilmore 2358 or a8 with 2gigs vcard and 8gb mem.. Palagay nyo mga sir?

Mga bossing pwede na po ang specs na to?

I5 4460
Ecs b85
8gb hyper x 1866 2x 4gb
Ecs gtx560
Case deep cool smarter
500 gb seagate sata
samsung led sa100 18.5 inches

18k 2nd hand.

Or punta na lang ako gilmore and build ako ng entry level gaming unit. For sure ibibigay sa akin sa gilmore 2358 or a8 with 2gigs vcard and 8gb mem.. Palagay nyo mga sir?
hangang magkano ba sir budget mo?
para makapag suggest kami ng pasok sa budget mo

Back
Top Bottom