Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ADVISE] Help in Assembling/Building/Choosing/Upgrading Your Computer

OhNow3P

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Hi guys,

I started this thread to help everyone wanting a new computer. All you need to do is post the following:
Code:
budget:
usage:

other miscellaneous requirements:

*If to be used for gaming,. please indicate the games you wish to play.

The prices i will be using are those that come from major shops in gilmore and also PCexpress and others... The prices will only reflect that of which on the date of my post.

also please put your requests in this format:

Processor:
Motherboard:
RAM:

Video Card:

Hard Drive:
Optical Drive:

Power Supply:
Casing:

monitor:

Accessories:

please indicate (at least)the size of the hard disk desired, and also what you need/have/prefer.

Thanks.

How to get to Gilmore:
commuting... From EDSA get on the MRT to Cubao and take the other train and get off at Gilmore station. so easy.
driving... Via aurora is the easiest way from EDSA. anyway, just ask na lang cos i dunno where you'll be coming from.

An example post would be as follows:
Hi. Please help me buy a computer for my son. He will be using it mainly for school and some games. He likes to play Dota and L4D. Our budget for the PC would be 20K. We already have a printer, monitor and speakers. Our monitor is a 17" CRT monitor. My son said he prefers 1gb video card.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Re: [ADVISE]Help you build/choose/upgrade your Computer

sir anu pedeng idagdag sa rig ko para mas lumakas

cpu - a8 3850
mb - asus f1-a75m pro
ram - 2x2gb ripjawsx cl8
psu - fsp hexa 500w
case - strike-x
cooler - hyper 212 plus

mga 7months nato eh. kung anu pa kayang pedeng idagdag o palitan?

6670 para mag crossfire. :)
If 19" monitor mo, sapat na yan pag nag crossfire ka.
The good news, baba lang power consumption.

pa off topic..

san ka dito sa pampanga bro?

Guagua. :D Bakit bro?
kuya villain_allain.....pa build aq pc 30k budget pang gaming po.....

ung solid po ung pde malaro mga latest games thx :D

Oh diba meron ka na?
w/ monitor?

villain_allain.gif

Like us on facebook to win exciting prizes and news on events of our group.
http://www.facebook.com/rigbuildersalliance

Core i3-2120 = 4,950 / Core i3-2100
Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3 = 2,880 / Asrock H61M HGS - 2,650
G.Skill RipJaws 4gb ddr3 1600 CL9 (F3 10666CL9S 4GBRL) = 1100 = hoping you can get another 4gb para maging dual channel.
case - fractal cases are nice. Remember meron din advantage ang magandang case kasi maganda ang airflow. It can make your hardware last.
corsair VX450 80plus = 2,400 / FSP Bluelighting 500w = 2100
WD caviar blue 500GB = 3,395

vcard none so far dahil kulang ang budget mo.

Thank you very much Villain for your kind advice.

Kaya lang dito sa Davao City some of this components are not available and i have a tight schedule to meet so i ended up buying this instead (sorry not meant to go against your advice but rather i gave in to constraints...);

AMD Athlon 2 X2 260
Emaxx MC P61 D3 i-cafe
Zeppelin 2Gb DDR 3 (x2 pieces)
WD 320 Gb HDD SATA

So my next question Guru Villain is... What video card would do well with this setup? budget say from about +/- Php 1,500 up to Php 2,500. Pls give me a few recommendations and comment.

Thank you in advance Guru...:)

sir advice naman po ng gpu na pwede mag ultra settings ung mga latest games,
tyaka po anung magandang motherboard?
thanks po

Ala lang..kala ko malapit ka dito samin..haha

san simon pampanga pala ako kabayan..:)

Hehe. Nakakarating ako minsan jan.
Thank you very much Villain for your kind advice.

Kaya lang dito sa Davao City some of this components are not available and i have a tight schedule to meet so i ended up buying this instead (sorry not meant to go against your advice but rather i gave in to constraints...);

AMD Athlon 2 X2 260
Emaxx MC P61 D3 i-cafe
Zeppelin 2Gb DDR 3 (x2 pieces)
WD 320 Gb HDD SATA

So my next question Guru Villain is... What video card would do well with this setup? budget say from about +/- Php 1,500 up to Php 2,500. Pls give me a few recommendations and comment.

Thank you in advance Guru...:)

Sayang hoping you ask some alternate for athlon II 260. If I, I will suggest the celeron dual-core of 1155 (sandy bridge) its far better than the old Athlon II 260 of AMD.
Anyhow for your videocard, since your budget is limited.
GT440 perhaps? or if may mahanap ka on sale of GT240.
Crappy kasi ung GT210, 220. pero if you can stand it. Low-Mid reso on 1366x768 monitor. Actually that's playable na. :)
sir advice naman po ng gpu na pwede mag ultra settings ung mga latest games,
tyaka po anung magandang motherboard?
thanks po

GPU only? 7750 around 5k. no external power needed. 7770 sweet spot now, performs well like 6850 but can neck to neck with 6870. (6870 a little higher)
^can perform at decent at 1600x900. (high settings @ 1920x1080, not ultra)

If going ultra @ 1920x1080, 6950 (since cheap) or go higher. If you have the money, 7950-7970.

On nvidia, since the Kepler isn't release yet, bababa pa kasi ang prices ng 500 series.

villain_allain.gif

Please Like our page. Please Like our page. Please Like our page. Please Like our page.
RIG BUILDERS ALLIANCE FAN PAGE
Please Like our page. Please Like our page. Please Like our page. Please Like our page.

Last edited:

Sayang hoping you ask some alternate for athlon II 260. If I, I will suggest the celeron dual-core of 1155 (sandy bridge) its far better than the old Athlon II 260 of AMD.
Anyhow for your videocard, since your budget is limited.
GT440 perhaps? or if may mahanap ka on sale of GT240.
Crappy kasi ung GT210, 220. pero if you can stand it. Low-Mid reso on 1366x768 monitor. Actually that's playable na. :) [/B]

Oh ok Guru... i will try to return and swap these Athlon 260's to Celeron dual core 1155s. IF not, then i am toast.

Mas maganda ba ang Palit GT 240 compared to GT 440 or cheaper lang? If the GT 240 is not available then i will go for the GT 440.

How about if i were to get the GT 440 DDR5 instead? :evillol: Can it be used on Emaxx MCP61 D3 icafe board? Would the performance leap justify the extra outlay? or should i just stick to GT 440 because it is the optimal choice?

And then there is this Sapphire HD 5570 1Gb DDR 3 or DDR5, would these be good alternative candidates too? Just in case the Palit GT440 is not available here.

Thank you so much Guru... next time i am in Manila i'll try to bring you some Durians from here :)

Last edited:

Here is your link and reviews.

cpu: Intel Core Celeron (G530) 2.4Ghz (Dual Core) lga1155 TipidPC : PHP 1850.00 < cheaper than Athlon II 250
mb: lga1155 Asrock H61M-PS B3 TipidPC : PHP 2640.00< This is a motherboard that has 8pin power on cpu. Means if you are using a tru-rated PSU (FSP/Antec/etc.) mas malinis ang deliver ng voltage papunta sa cpu. Which also means mas tatagal ang buhay ng mga components mo. :) [This is far-far better than Emaxx]

Here is the link for the review of Intel Celeron G540 (upper variant of G530, difference of clocks) Intel Celeron G540 review < CLICK HERE! Full review!
winrar.png

Here is the preview of G540 head to head to AMD's Athlon II 250. (Lower is better)
farcry.png

Here is the preview on performance on games. (FARCRY is CPU-dependant, not GPU-dependent game)
power-2.png

Lastly, most important thing nowadays is PowerConsumption.
You can see here 20w lower ang Intel G540.

Again here is the link for the detailed review : Intel Celeron G540 review < CLICK HERE!

Hopefully you can get an Intel Celeron G540, sayang din kasi ang performance.

The bad? its name. Celeron has been named the cheapest processor of Intel. Kaya pag tinanong ka, ano processor gamit mo, if you'll say Celeron, they'll say "ay celeron lang." They dont even know how well it perform. Oh well, sila lang yun, basta ikaw know mo naman ang graphs. :)

On videocard, if you can stretch your budget upto 5k, then kuha ka na ng bnew 7750. or lower variant, wait ka nalang ng 7650. Nasa 3,5k siguro.
On psu, hopefully kumuha ka ng tru-rated. Para mas safe ang buong system mo.

If you are from Davao, pede naman magpa-ship on known shops sa tipidpc. Else, pede ka din pabili sa mga kakilala mo then papaship nila ung item sayo.

Note to all:
Eto na din ang magandang i-recommend sa mga budget conscious consumer na needs performance without hurting the bank.
Or sa mga gusto magtayo ng computer shop. This Celeron G530 can build around 15k and will kick the AMD Sempron and the Athlon II's ass. :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

villain_allain.gif

Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited:

kuya villain_allain.....pde paki lista po ul8 ung pc specs......

di ko pa kac masyadong gets....bka ung ibang parts wla d2 sa olongapo....

^if wala talaga, punta ka na ng PCHub Pampanga.

30k with monitor? or w/o monitor?
Ilan inches na monitor? 22" is the ideal and 20" is the sweet spot.

Hopefully you can get an Intel Celeron G540, sayang din kasi ang performance.

The bad? its name. Celeron has been named the cheapest processor of Intel. Kaya pag tinanong ka, ano processor gamit mo, if you'll say Celeron, they'll say "ay celeron lang." They dont even know how well it perform. Oh well, sila lang yun, basta ikaw know mo naman ang graphs. :)

On videocard, if you can stretch your budget upto 5k, then kuha ka na ng bnew 7750. or lower variant, wait ka nalang ng 7650. Nasa 3,5k siguro.
On psu, hopefully kumuha ka ng tru-rated. Para mas safe ang buong system mo.

If you are from Davao, pede naman magpa-ship on known shops sa tipidpc. Else, pede ka din pabili sa mga kakilala mo then papaship nila ung item sayo.

Note to all:
Eto na din ang magandang i-recommend sa mga budget conscious consumer na needs performance without hurting the bank.
Or sa mga gusto magtayo ng computer shop. This Celeron G530 can build around 15k and will kick the AMD Sempron and the Athlon II's ass. :)

villain_allain.gif

Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page

Like us on Facebook!

YES THIS IS SOOO GOOD!!! May basis! And i LOVE underdogs!!! (i mean the Celeron stigma).

I am surprised to realise how the model designates and ratings hindi nag co-commensurate sa mga real-life benchmark performance findings... wow! and what the local sellers are dumping in the market ay hindi pala well chosen setups (profit driven configs?)...

Yes i am still working on getting them Celeron G540 to replace the Athlon 260s... wala pa naman ako time kanina to go and negotiate with the shop. Kung hindi pwede mag swap then i will sell these units and get a new permanent set.. hehe... Ang importante lang na man sa akin ngayon ay mag operate na ang shop tomorrow!!!:) AS for the PSU i am seriously considering it for my permanent shop units based on your previous recommendation of core-i 3 system.

I just don't know how to repay your kind assistance on this matter. Thanks again Guru!!! YOU are my hero! :)

mag crocrossfire ba yung 7670 sa a8 3870? parehas lang naman diba ng spec yung 6670 at 7670?

pwede pba i-upgrade itong dell laptop ko?luma na

366MHZ ang proccesor
129MB ang RAM
30GBytes Hard Disk

haha :D

YES THIS IS SOOO GOOD!!! May basis! And i LOVE underdogs!!! (i mean the Celeron stigma).

I am surprised to realise how the model designates and ratings hindi nag co-commensurate sa mga real-life benchmark performance findings... wow! and what the local sellers are dumping in the market ay hindi pala well chosen setups (profit driven configs?)...

Yes i am still working on getting them Celeron G540 to replace the Athlon 260s... wala pa naman ako time kanina to go and negotiate with the shop. Kung hindi pwede mag swap then i will sell these units and get a new permanent set.. hehe... Ang importante lang na man sa akin ngayon ay mag operate na ang shop tomorrow!!!:) AS for the PSU i am seriously considering it for my permanent shop units based on your previous recommendation of core-i 3 system.

I just don't know how to repay your kind assistance on this matter. Thanks again Guru!!! YOU are my hero! :)

If you'll get Celerons, 400w is enough on those rigs.
I'm sorry ngayon ko lang napansin na shop pala ang build mo.

Problem here in the Philippines, pansin ko lang, may mga shop pa na nagsesell ng am2+ motherboard and ddr2 on their packages. That's so pathetic diba. And others pa nga are even LGA775 of Intel.
Filipinos kasi do not know a new architecture means its better, its an upgrade. Kaya tuloy yung iba nakukuha sa sales talk like good processor, but cheapo motherboard and psu.

Anyway, you're welcome. Just like and share our page. It will be a big help. Thanks.
Rig Builders Alliance

Goodluck on your build. Just keep me posted.:)
mag crocrossfire ba yung 7670 sa a8 3870? parehas lang naman diba ng spec yung 6670 at 7670?

I think not. 6670 is a rebadge of 5670. but 7670 is not a rebadge of 6670. It is a new architecture. BUT.. wala pa man 7670, and that's only my guess. :) Hehehe.

366MHZ ang proccesor
129MB ang RAM
30GBytes Hard Disk

Sorry. No. :)

ocnposter2r.jpg

Inviting you all to our event at SM Las Pinas and SM Manila.
This is not all PC stuff, meron audiophiles booth for the Superlux products. (Quality headphones @ lower prices)
Like our page!
Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page < Click here!
Win exciting prizes and watch out for our upcoming events. Schools&Malls. :)
Pede din magka-event sa school nyo, just PM us! Wala po bayad ang event.

Last edited:

You're welcome bro. Just like and share our page. It will be a big help. Thanks.

I think not. 6670 is a rebadge of 5670. but 7670 is not a rebadge of 6670. It is a new architecture. BUT.. wala pa man 7670, and that's only my guess. :) Hehehe.

Sorry. No. :)

sir ito po oh.
http://www.hardmac.com/news/2012/01/06/another-rebranded-radeon-hd-7670-hd-6670

rebranded lng daw yung 7670

Mga master, patulong mag build...

Budget: 20K w/o monitor

Usage: For gaming (Strcraft 2, Skyrim, Reckoning, NBA 2k12, etc.)

Processor: ?
Motherboard: ?
RAM: ?
Video Card: ?
Hard Drive: ?
Optical Drive: ?
Power Supply: ?
Casing: ?

Thanks in advance

up ko lang...

patulong po...

366MHZ ang proccesor
129MB ang RAM
30GBytes Hard Disk

mas mabilis pa mga cellphone ngaun dito ah hahaha.

benta mo nalang sa mga may thesis pwedeng pag experimentuhan yan

Yes! and No!
Yes because for sure it will be supported on a8-3870 and other APU.
No because it didn't add much performance, too bad for the APU. Hopefully, the price is reasonable. :)

up ko lang...

patulong po...

cpu: Intel Core i3 2100 3.1Ghz
mb: Asrock H61M-PS B3
ram: G.Skill 4Gb (2x2) Ripjaws 1600CL9 (dual kit)
hdd: WD Caviar Blue 500Gb 16Mb Sata3 (hanap ka sa tpc, just sold mine @ 2500, brandnew and sealed. Bagal pa nabenta)
psu: Antec/FSP 500 Watts (Any of the two, the higher the price the better)
vga: PowerColor/Sapphire HD7750 1Gb 128Bit DDR5 / HD7770 1gb 128bit DDR5
case: Fractal Arc Mini (best case for mAtx)

This is a combination of Performance and Looks. Since Fractal Arc Mini linagay ko, for sure your desktop will really look goooooooooood.
I really like that case. :weep:

Anyway, that's around 20k. Go for that build for sure you wont regret it. I suggest getting the HD7770. Btw on buying items, dont look on one shop. Look for other shops tapos check the stocks. Minsan I buy 1 item on this shop and 1 on the other.
Minsan kasi mura sa isa, vice versa. :)

Goodluck!

Last edited:

Usage: For gaming (Strcraft 2, dota net gaming)*bsta d ng log pag ng ms office at sa cad at photoshop, un lang po,

cpu only budget 10k

Processor: ?
Motherboard: ?
RAM: ?
Video Card: ?
Hard Drive: ?
Optical Drive: ? Power Supply: ?
Casing: meron na po
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Problem here in the Philippines, pansin ko lang, may mga shop pa na nagsesell ng am2+ motherboard and ddr2 on their packages. That's so pathetic diba. And others pa nga are even LGA775 of Intel.
Filipinos kasi do not know a new architecture means its better, its an upgrade. Kaya tuloy yung iba nakukuha sa sales talk like good processor, but cheapo motherboard and psu.

Anyway, you're welcome. Just like and share our page. It will be a big help. Thanks.
Rig Builders Alliance

ocnposter2r.jpg

Inviting you all to our event at SM Las Pinas and SM Manila.
This is not all PC stuff, meron audiophiles booth for the Superlux products. (Quality headphones @ lower prices)
Like our page!
Rig Builders Alliance Fan Page < Click here!
Win exciting prizes and watch out for our upcoming events. Schools&Malls. :)
Pede din magka-event sa school nyo, just PM us! Wala po bayad ang event.

Actually we assembled the units; I avoided their packaged option. Sadly the shop did not have the complete array of i-core 3 components as you have suggested and when they finally tallied the total cost (despite having "cheaper" parts) ang price nila was something like 30% above your price guide.

After lengthy negotiations i had to decide on the AMD 260s because it was the only option that was within the range of my 15k budget :hilo:

If i were to order the various parts online i know the cost of courier is going to be a whammy. BTW FYI... ang LBC centers in MM overcharges twice or even thrice their standard rack rate; it's Php 75 to the kilo. e.g. I've a seller who was quoted Php 2,500 for a 10 kilo package!!!. Not to mention the wait for these to arrive and setting up, why i guess it's gonna take ages before i can start operating which i cannot afford.

Glad to hear that the Celeron can be based on a good 400W power supply... but i am contemplating on your suggested line up of;

cpu: Intel Core i3 2100 3.1Ghz
mb: Asrock H61M-PS B3
ram: G.Skill 4Gb (2x2) Ripjaws 1600CL9 (dual kit)
hdd: WD Caviar Blue 500Gb 16Mb Sata3
psu: Antec/FSP 500 Watts
vga: PowerColor/Sapphire HD7750 1Gb 128Bit DDR5 / HD7770 1gb 128bit DDR5

If all goes well, ma dispose ko yung mga AM260 units dahil may kilala ang kaibiganko mga buyers na interesado mag upgrade. If this happens by then I will have the time to build the new PC rig based on your suggestion.

I've "liked" and posted a message at your FB's RBA site. Will update you before i purchase my next set of PC's.

Thank you Guru.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom