Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ADVISE] Help in Assembling/Building/Choosing/Upgrading Your Computer

OhNow3P

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Hi guys,

I started this thread to help everyone wanting a new computer. All you need to do is post the following:
Code:
budget:
usage:

other miscellaneous requirements:

*If to be used for gaming,. please indicate the games you wish to play.

The prices i will be using are those that come from major shops in gilmore and also PCexpress and others... The prices will only reflect that of which on the date of my post.

also please put your requests in this format:

Processor:
Motherboard:
RAM:

Video Card:

Hard Drive:
Optical Drive:

Power Supply:
Casing:

monitor:

Accessories:

please indicate (at least)the size of the hard disk desired, and also what you need/have/prefer.

Thanks.

How to get to Gilmore:
commuting... From EDSA get on the MRT to Cubao and take the other train and get off at Gilmore station. so easy.
driving... Via aurora is the easiest way from EDSA. anyway, just ask na lang cos i dunno where you'll be coming from.

An example post would be as follows:
Hi. Please help me buy a computer for my son. He will be using it mainly for school and some games. He likes to play Dota and L4D. Our budget for the PC would be 20K. We already have a printer, monitor and speakers. Our monitor is a 17" CRT monitor. My son said he prefers 1gb video card.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Re: [ADVISE]Help you build/choose/upgrade your Computer

Hi sir Geno patulong lng balak ko lng mabuild ng CPU unit budget 15k-20k..

Which is better AMD or intel?
For gaming purposes.

Prefers 512mbor 1gb Videocard.

Planning to buy parts sa West Ave. Gilmore.. or may suggest po kayo place ok lng din..

Thanks po.:dance:

Last edited:

A blessed year to all of you! I am writing this to ask for your help regarding my problem in building a PERFORMANCE based personal computer (c2d or i3 w/ a dedicated VC). However, I only have limited resources. My budget is limited to only 20,000 pesos. I hope you could help me build a good pc. I am currently residing here in Pangasinan and is considering Enigma Technologies as my PC Shop Outlet. I am attaching the pricelist that serves as my guide. I am very much open to any comments and suggestions as well as considering a more feasible and reliable PC outlet if there is one. Thank you so much! Looking forward to your help. God bless!

Attachments

• Pricelist.pdf
    147.8 KB · Views: 8

sorry sa lahat ng nagpapatanong sa akin..medyo busy na..i'll try to find some time para rin dito..marami pa naman mga papa diyan na tumutulong :) /no1

pwede na yung previous post o..sana magbasa rin ng mga posts..haiz..

pero sige, since upto 30k..

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz (P6,390)
Motherboard: Asus M4A88T-M (P3,999)
Memory: 2GB Geil 1333MHz DDR3 (P1,400)
Video Card: Inno3D GeForce GTX 460 768MB DDR5 (P6,140)
Storage: WD Caviar Blue 500GB (P1,800)
Power Supply: Cooler Master (GX Series) 650W (P3,480)
Optical Drive: LG 22x DVD+-RW (P1,300)
Casing: Thermaltake V9 (P4,100)
P28,609

sir geno pde po bang palitan nyo ng ASROCK ung ASUS n motherboard kc dito smin wla ako mhnp n gnitong mobo puro daw out of stock

A blessed year to all of you! I am writing this to ask for your help regarding my problem in building a PERFORMANCE based personal computer (c2d or i3 w/ a dedicated VC). However, I only have limited resources. My budget is limited to only 20,000 pesos. I hope you could help me build a good pc. I am currently residing here in Pangasinan and is considering Enigma Technologies as my PC Shop Outlet. I am attaching the pricelist that serves as my guide. I am very much open to any comments and suggestions as well as considering a more feasible and reliable PC outlet if there is one. Thank you so much! Looking forward to your help. God bless!

para sa second opinion on pre-built computers:
www.rsun.com.ph ; may mix and match option doon...

www.openpinoy.com ; may i3/i5 with fast video card na pwede sa budget mo...

kuya di ako alam ung bibilin ko na VIDEO CARD... pang GAMING EXPERIENCE SANA
kaso IPON KO LANG TO...
3k? anu kaya PWEDE?

sana ung MAGANDA NA RECOMMENDED tlaga..

dto lang ako ANGELES CITY PAMPANGA....

mobo:ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU G31/PC800/FBS1600/VGA/QUAD
processors: INTEL CORE 2 DUO
HDD: WESTERN 250G 7200 SATA
Memory:1GB DDR2 PC800/6400
CASING KO: INTEX

ANU videocard NA PEDE?
adjust mo ng konti yung budget mo para makabili ka ng maayos GPU sayang naman kasi yung pera mo kung bibili ka pa ng mas mababa dyan.. di mo malalaro ng maaus yung mga latest ng game ngayun Like COD blacks ops

-XFX HD 4670 1gb/128bit ddr3 PHP 3300.00
Palit™ GF 9800 GT 512mb/ddr3 256bit PHP3710

Last edited:

Mga sir, pa setup naman ng AMD desktop (with monitor and without) Phenom X4 sana yung processor, pang online gaming.

Thanks in advance.

mga master patulong din, 25k budjet ko,with monitor na sana,gusto ko sna ung pwede ko malaro ung mga upcoming games this 2011, kailangan ko po advice nyo,first time ko po bumili ng pc,ano po bang specs ng pc ang pwde kong mbili sa 25k, gusto ko po snang mag assemble nlng bka makamura pa e,kaysa sa package na, at san po ba ang murang store na mbblhbn ng mga parts, dis feb.po balak kong bumili ng pc, thanks

Last edited:

help naman sa laptop.
20+k ang budget kahit second hand na laptop
na kaya for autocad..

ano kayang specs ang ok.

any suggestion mga dudes?

Thanks in advance.. .

Greetings!

First, I would like to apologize for not having the time to browse 450++ pages where my question might have been answered in previous posts which is why I would like to ask for your consideration regarding my set of questions. I am hoping na sana maliwanagan po ninyo ako as I would rather ask than say sorry sa huli with regards to building a PC set that I can use for both gaming and applications. Sorry for the long intro. Here goes my questions:

1. What is the difference between an Intel and an AMD processors? Why is it that Core 2 and an i3 had no/little difference in prices? Performance-wise, which is a better if not the best choice - AMD or Intel?

2. When it comes to motherboards - how will I know that it is a good one - good performance, efficient, and reliable? If I am to choose a brand, which of them should I pick - Asrock, Asus, Intel, or MSI?

3. I usually use my laptop (a 7 years old one - sad) almost 24/7 so I use a cooler to at least minimize heat. Should I invest in a good casing and a cooler? What sort of casing should I buy (cost-wise)?

4. A dedicated video card perfect fits for gaming fanatics as well as for those who uses applications requiring higher resolution. However, I heard that most/some VCs end up non-functional and/or having unknown problems. How can I protect myself from this dilemma?

5. Lastly, though I would like to build a pc on my own with a limited budget (20k) - I am a newbie. Can I ask for some great set-ups that can serve as my guide.

Thank you so much and I hope you can help me on these. Sorry for a long post. But you have my gratitude.

-Alleina

Greetings!

First, I would like to apologize for not having the time to browse 450++ pages where my question might have been answered in previous posts which is why I would like to ask for your consideration regarding my set of questions. I am hoping na sana maliwanagan po ninyo ako as I would rather ask than say sorry sa huli with regards to building a PC set that I can use for both gaming and applications. Sorry for the long intro. Here goes my questions:

1. What is the difference between an Intel and an AMD processors? Why is it that Core 2 and an i3 had no/little difference in prices? Performance-wise, which is a better if not the best choice - AMD or Intel?
Brand lang po yan... mas mura ang AMD sa Intel.. performance wise same lang.. pero price/performance AMD dahil mas mura nga.. pero mas mataas power consumption ng AMD sa Intel... anyway Intel user ako at di kopa nasususubukan ang AMD..
ang Core i3 2Cores lang din po.. pero acting like 4cores..
The Core 2 Duo is Intel's last generation processor technology. It was the fastest mobile processor in it's time but Intel just released it's 2010 Core lineup which uses Intel's newest CPU architecture. I would definitely go for a Core i3 over the Core 2 Duo.

The Core i3 processor has Intel's next generation architecture. It is definitely faster than the Core 2 duo and has hyper-threading technology which enables 4 way processing. It is pretty fast and can play games with a powerful enough video card but many Core i3 models are more entry level and include Intel HD graphics which will limit you to mainstream games(not 3D shooters).
2. When it comes to motherboards - how will I know that it is a good one - good performance, efficient, and reliable? If I am to choose a brand, which of them should I pick - Asrock, Asus, Intel, or MSI?
MSI, Asus, Gigabyte and ASrock... wag intel..
pili ka yung mga solid capacitors lahat,, and depende yan sa need mo na features.. so hanapin mo kung alin swak sa kailangan mo..
3. I usually use my laptop (a 7 years old one - sad) almost 24/7 so I use a cooler to at least minimize heat. Should I invest in a good casing and a cooler? What sort of casing should I buy (cost-wise)?
Oo importante ang case.. para good airflow, mabawasan init ng mga parts mo para umaba ang buhay..
about what casing depende sa budget mo..
4. A dedicated video card perfect fits for gaming fanatics as well as for those who uses applications requiring higher resolution. However, I heard that most/some VCs end up non-functional and/or having unknown problems. How can I protect myself from this dilemma?
hindi ako magaling sa VC :lol:
5. Lastly, though I would like to build a pc on my own with a limited budget (20k) - I am a newbie. Can I ask for some great set-ups that can serve as my guide.

Thank you so much and I hope you can help me on these. Sorry for a long post. But you have my gratitude.

-Alleina
wait mo mga builders dito and lagay mo if kasama monitor or hindi:)
HTH..

mga 15k lng po budget and eto po ung plano namin bilhin sana, package po sya sa gilmore, eto specs di ko lam ano shop,

Intel i-core3 3.0Ghz
Emaxx + Intel h55 Mobo
512mb Intelgraphics (built in video)
2gb ram kingston ddr3
500gb wd/ samsung S-ATA
aspire atx (casing)
600+watts powersupply unit
Delkin kboard and optical mouse
powerlogic speaker
500w avr

edit ko lng po, eto po selling price nila : P13.6k
ok na po ba yan?,

baka po may suggest kau mas maganda about 15k budget sna pede din gaming like (heroesofnewerth), note lng po intel gs2 ng ate ko sabi daw mas maganda quality kanya kc budget so wala ako choice!,TIA

Last edited:

mga 15k lng po budget and eto po ung plano namin bilhin sana, package po sya sa gilmore, eto specs di ko lam ano shop,

Intel i-core3 3.0Ghz
Emaxx + Intel h55 Mobo
512mb Intelgraphics (built in video)
2gb ram kingston ddr3
500gb wd/ samsung S-ATA
aspire atx (casing)
600+watts powersupply unit
Delkin kboard and optical mouse
powerlogic speaker
500w avr

baka po may suggest kau mas maganda about 15k budget na pede din gaming like (heroesofnewerth), note lng po intel gs2 ng ate ko sabi daw mas maganda quality kanya kc budget so wala ako choice!,TIA

bro, kung 15k budget mo tapos kinda gamer ka,
di kakayanin yan.

I suggest na mag switch ka sa AMD platform.
ang AMD X2 450 malakas na hatak nun,
ipares mo nlng ng magandang GPU, tulad ng 9800gt 512m 256bit gddr3.
kuha ka lang ng 600watts na PSU, wag lang yung generic.
2gb ram is kinda ok na sa budget mo.

Kung oks lang seo mag 2nd hand na parts,
medyo makakakuha kba ng mas mataas na procie.

sana nakatulong ako bro

tol intel kc preferred eh, instead ng AMD X2 450 hndi ba mas ok ung i-core3?,
ung gpu ba is sa video card?, built in naman un nsa specs sir kaya pede naman upgrade un dba?,
For PSU sir 600watts na po un nsa specs nila.

Patulong po gusto ko sanang i-upgrade PC ko ito yung specefications:
Motherboard: ASUS p5sd2-vm>di ko po alam kung panu ito i-a-upgrade eh
Harddisk: isang 150 gb na STA: minsan po hindi sya nababasa, pinalitan ko na yung SATA cord, pero parang angloloose (tingin nyo ano po ba ito)... at may isa pa akong 40 gb na IDE na naging 30 gb nalang...di ko po alam kung anong nangyari eh..heheh
Memory: may 1gb addr2 ako at isang 250mb, magkasama...ano po bang magandang brand para sa memory?
VC: Nvidia Geforce 6200 LE, ano po bang maganda na vc para sa mobo ko?
processor: intel Celeron...gusto ko po sana tong palitan...ano po bang maganda?

Applications na gagamitin ko: gusto ko po sanang mag windows 7... Autocad, photoshop, at ilang games lang naman na di required yung mataas na graphic card specifications (di naman po kasi ako gamer)

Budget ko po: 7k to 12k po...
Kung may alam na rin po kayong store kug saan pwedeg makabili, malapit po ako Recto , kung anong shop na malapit sa Recto papuntang Monumento heheh:D

your suggestions will highly be appreciated!

Pa help naman po:pray:. Gusto ko sana maglagay ng video card anu ba maganda and compatible na video card para sa cpu ko? ito po ung specs ng cpu ko. Budget ko para sa card is 5k-10k lang po. Salamat. :excited:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 440 3.0 GHz
Motherboard: ASRock AMD880GM-LE
Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333 Geil
ODD: Liteon IHAS424 24X DVD-RW SARA with LS
PSU: 500W HEC Rapter II 80plus

pahelp po. magpalit po sana ako ng mobo. kaso wala ako idea kung ano ba ung mga dapat alamin bago mag-upgrade. ito po specs ko:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600gt 1gb
Memory: 2gb(2x1gb)

ung 4 ports po sana ung SATA. 2 lang kasi ung port nung mobo ko ngayon eh. kulang na kulang.

ano po ba mas okay? ddr2 o ddr3 para sa memory?

Last edited:

bronx2304

magkano budget?
are you regular user or overclocker?
planning to SLI?
bakit ka din magpapalit ng mobo?
ddr2 vs dd3 sa benchmark lang lamang pero sa real life halos hindi mo mararamdaman (sa ngayon) ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom