Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Alcatel One Touch Glory 2 Official Thread and Discussion

cyberangel22k

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
This thread is for all users and hopeful users of Alcatel One Touch Glory 2/S'POP

****Please read carefully!!! Read the F.A.Qs first before asking for questions. I will not answer to questions I have already answered or answered by others. Please DO NOT PM ME ASKING FOR HELP because I will not respond to those. If you have issues, use the thread. I made this thread as PUBLIC so use it to help the others.****

CES-2013-Alcatel-Announces-ONE-TOUCH-Pop-Series-of-Budget-Friendly-Android-Phones-2.jpg

(data courtesy of gsmarena.com)

GENERAL
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
SIM Mini-SIM
Announced 2013, January
Status Coming soon. Exp. release 2013, Q1
BODY
Dimensions 115 x 61.2 x 12.2 mm (4.53 x 2.41 x 0.48 in)
Weight 122 g (4.30 oz)
DISPLAY
Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
Size 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches (~165 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
SOUND
Alert types Vibration; MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
MEMORY
Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB
Internal 4 GB (2 GB user available), 512 MB RAM
DATA
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERA
Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels
Features Geo-tagging
Video Yes
Secondary Yes, VGA
FEATURES
OS Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
CPU 1 GHz
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, IM
Browser HTML
Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors Apple Green, Aubergine, Black, Cherry Red, Pure White, Hot Pink, Ocean Blue, Slate, Tangerine, Turquoise Click to see colors
- SNS integration
- MP3/AAC+/WAV/WMA player
- MP4/H.264 player
- Document viewer
- Photo viewer/editor
- Organizer
- Voice memo
- Predictive text input
BATTERY
Li-Ion 1400 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 254 h (2G) / Up to 350 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 5 h (2G) / Up to 6 h (3G)

Now available for free in Sun Post-paid, plan 350.

How to flash CWM recovery and root Alcatel One Touch S'POP 4030X(Glory 2)

Disclaimer: Your warranty is now void. You do this in your own risk. I do not take any responsibility to your device. This will definitely brick your device which is normal but follow the right instructions to make it work again.

Credits: This is tuts would not be possible without the help from the creator of MTKdroid tools, rua1 from XDA Developers. Thank the guy for his wonderful tool. If you wanna know how I did it, go to his thread right here. I also wanna acknowledge The Solutor and rimmon1971's efforts for porting the TWRP to our device. You can find The Solutor's work here.

Requirements:
1. A windows based PC
2. MTK Droid Root & Tools & SP Flash Tool
3. Universal ADB driver
4. One Touch Upgrade S
5. Root script
6. Patience
7. Most important! Use your brain!

Important!
To make this work without errors, don't use other drivers available in the web. Just install One Touch Upgrade S first. It will install the USB VCOM preloader driver. It will be needed by the SPFT to detect the phone. Use the provided ADB driver for the MT65xx_android_phone. If ever you get stucked in an error and your device wont boot anymore, just use One Touch Upgrade and your phone will be as good as new...

Guide: CWM/TWRP recovery

1. Download MTK Droid Root & Tools & SP Flash Tools, ADB Drivers, One Touch Upgrade S, and the Root script. Extract them anywhere in your computer.

2. Install ADB driver. This step is now optional to get adb working. You can now skip to step 5 if you just want to get rooted with CWM/TWRP recovery installed.. In your phone, go to Settings>Development. Set to on and check USB debugging.

13+-+1

3. Connect device to PC. Driver will fail to install (thats normal). Install UniversalAdbDriverSetup6.msi

Note: in Windows 8, this will pop-up. do this:
image1.png

image2.png

4. After installing the Universal ADB driver, go to device manager of your computer. Follow the images as descirbed.
image1.png

image2.png

image3.png

image3.png

image4.png

image5.png

image6.png

image7.png

image8.png

image9.png

ADB commands should work now (if you have ADB installed) and you won't have any problems about MTK droid tool not detecting phone.

5. Be sure that you have already installed One Touch Upgrade S before this step. Open SP Flash tool and select the scatter file by clicking on the Scatter-loading button.
image1.png

image2.png

image3.png

image4.png

6. UNCHECK BOOT and leave RECOVERY checked. Disregard what is on the photo. There's are reports that the latest firmwares are incompatible with the uploaded patched boot.img.
Note: By default, the CWM recovery will be selected in the SP Flash tool. If you want the fully working TWRP-recovery (I recomment this because CWM recovery is not fully functional), just click RECOVERY and replace it with this file.
image5.png

7. Click Download button. Click yes on the download warning. Turn off phone, remove battery and connect the phone (without battery) and wait until SP Flash tool detects the phone and watch as it flash the image.

image10.png

image11.png

8. If everything passes without errors, unplug the phone, reinsert battery and boot to recovery by pressing power + volume up.

9. You should boot in CWM/TWRP recovery. We are ready to flash the Superuser app to gain root.

Guide: Superuser

You can use mtk droid root and tools here. Just plug in phone to pc while still in CWM recovery. Run mtk tools, wait to detect phone, click superuser, then build.prop, then delete china. Your done. Or use the guide below if you have problems with it.
Using CWM recovery to flash superSU
1. While still on CWM recovery, plug the phone into PC again.

2. Navigate using volume up and down buttons. Press Power button to select and Back soft key to go back.

3. Select mounts and storage>mount USB storage.

4. Copy the root-glory-2-4030E.zip to your sdcard.

5. After copying, select unmount and go back.

6. Select install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>root-glory-2-4030E.zip and select yes - Install root-glory-2-4030E.zip

7. It will flash the app to the system including all needed binaries. I also included the fix-permissions banary which is missing from the ROM.

8. Reboot the phone and wait. It will boot normally and no data will be lost. You will see superuser app in your app drawer. You are now rooted!:thumbsup:

Using TWRP recovery to flash superSU
1. While still on TWRP recovery,Connect the device to PC.

2. Tap mount in the screen then Mount USB storage.

3. Copy the root-glory-2-4030E.zip to your sdcard.

4. Press back on your device softkeys.

5. Tap install and select root-glory-2-4030E.zip

6. Wipe to confirm flash.

7. Reboot>System.

8 You're done.

Screenshots:

Screenshot_2013-04-04-23-25-06.png

Screenshot_2013-04-04-23-26-51.png

a2ughx.png

Guide to Unroot

Requirements:
1. Windows Based PC
2. SP flash tool (included in OT-4030 ROOT&CWM RECOVERY)
3. Stock recovery.img
4. Unroot script (Unroot-glory-4030E.zip)

Urooting

1. Copy Unroot-glory-4030E.zip to the root of sdcard.
2. Reboot to CWM recovery.
3. Select install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>Unroot-glory-4030E.zip and select yes - Install Unroot-glory-4030E.zip
4. On your PC, Open SP flashtool and select the scatterfile.
image3.png

image4.png

5. Remove check on BOOTIMG and click RECOVERY and select the stock recovery.img. Click download button and disregard download warning by clicking yes.

Untitled.png

6.Connect the phone to pc without battery. After the download finished dialog, your done!

Links:
OT-4030 ROOT&CWM RECOVERY
Universal ADB driver
One Touch Upgrade S
Root script
Unroot script
Stock recovery.img
Mirror to all files
TWRP-recovery

Increase headset maximum output.Credit goes to cyril84 for posting it here.
ATTENTION:

step1: dial *#*#3646633#*#*

step2: scroll to the right hanggang mapunta ka sa hardware testing.

step3: select Audio

step4 :select headset mode

step5: change Max.Vol value to 160 and press set

step6: Enjoy ur Music...for better results, bili ka ng magandang headset and download music player with equalizer function.

Soldering LED lights to the soft keys
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40877702&postcount=59

Last edited:
Frequently Asked Questions:

1. I get error 4050 when flashing boot.img/recovery.img. What now?
A: Use the latest version of SP Flash Toolwhich can be found here.

2. Why can't MTK tools detect my phone?
A: You did not install ADB drivers correctly. Check your device manager.

3. How do I install ADB drivers properly.
A: Follow the guide above how to install ADB drivers properly.

4. How to I check if i'm already rooted?
A: Use root checker app or from your terminal emulator, type: su
Code:
$su

there will be a request for Superuser. Allow the request then the $ sign should be # sign now. You are rooted.

Code:
$su
#

5. What are the pros and cons of rooting?

A: I have answered this so many times. Just read this article instead. Pros and cons of rooting your android device.

6. What is the purpose of CWM recovery?
A: In stock recovery, you cannot install an update.zip that is not signed by alcatel. But in CWM recovery, you can install any update.zip even without signature. You can also use backup and restore and format specific partitions which you cannot do in stock recovery.

7. After rooting, something happened and my phone is not working normally. What can I do?

A: Before doing anything in your phone, be sure that you know what you're doing and do a backup so just in case something goes wrong, you can restore easily. If you don't have a backup and your phone is messed up, use One Touch Upgrade to return your phone back to factory state. All your data will be lost.

8. My phone's battery is drained so fast. What can I do to avoid it?

A: Just turn off wifi, 3G, bluetooth etc. when not in use. Use a low brightness setting.

9. Why is the volume in my headset low even if it's maxed out?

A: By default, the volume in headset mode is limited. You can maximize it by following the guide above.

10. Is there a way that I can get my warranty back if ever I get a hardware defect on my device?
A: Yes. But only if you can boot to CWM recovery and SP Flashtool can detect your phone. Use the Unrooting guide. Also remove any apps that require root. But it's best to just use One Touch Upgrade to return in to factory state.

11. Will this guide work on other phone models?
A: No. the patched recovery.img and boot.img are device specific. It may brick your device if it's not meant for it. But if you have the recovery.img and boot.img that is meant for your device, this guide will work. Just use proper recovery and boot images.

12. Why does the FOTA update fails to install?
A: This will fail to install if you modified any of the following partitions: CUSTPACK, SYSTEM, RECOVERY, and BOOT. When rooting, you change the boot and recovery partion and modify some parts in system. You can fix this if you have a complete backup of the following partitions and flashing them thru SP flashtool. If everything is a hassle for you, just use One Touch Upgrade S. The time figuring out how to avoid errors will be much more than using OTU.

Last edited:
saba naroot mo na rin tol, gudluck sa pag update, fb ka tol kung ano pinagbago

sna gumana yan boss. , balak ko sanang mag apply nyan sa sun. ,

kamusta po battery life ng glory 2?
ok ang battery life nya.. games call halos whole day ko gagamitin bako madischarge... natry ko na din ung standby na matagal, ok din. sana hindi lang agad masira tulad ng ibang model, pasintabi sa mga tatamaang model..:beat:

saba naroot mo na rin tol, gudluck sa pag update, fb ka tol kung ano pinagbago
hindi pa natapos ung attempt ko ng official update. wala na ako time kaya hininto ko sa 97%. tinutuloy ko ngaun buti nagcontinue at 98% na ngaun... palagay ko ito nga ang sagot sa unbricking. pero habang ginagawa ko ito, my naisip na naman akong way para gumana ung MTK tools para maroot to.. hopefully, magwork ung idea ko... hehehe:pray:

sna gumana yan boss. , balak ko sanang mag apply nyan sa sun. ,
sana nga gumana...

update ko pala habang nagkakalkal ako ng files ng phone na to sa /system/bin
nakasave ung bootanimation.zip at shutanimation.zip nya sa custpack partition. so pag naroot na natin pede nang palitan ung mga un.. isa pang prob, ngaun lang ako nakaencounter ng ganitong partition so baka magkaprob kung gagamit tayo ng CWM based recovery kung magbabackup using stock ROM dahil hindi naman nagbabackup ng ganung partition ang CWM. malamang for installing update.zip na lang ang gamit ng CWM nyan... meron bang dev na marunong sa tweaking ng CWM? di kasi ako marunong pagdating sa ganun...

Last edited:
ayan tapos na magDL ng ROM...
Untitled.png

ok, installing na ung update

natapos agad ung update.. first boot na ok nmn... sa log, parehas din ng firmware ung na download. well see kung my nabago sa mga apps... medyo matagal ung first boot nya... pumasok ulit ak sa setup wizard after ng boot tapos nadetect na ung mga sim agad... setup ko lang...

existing parin ung multi-touch bug nya.. same UI... same apps tulad nung kakukuha ko sa sun...

failed parin ung attempt ko... need muna talaga mapatch ung recovery tapos mainstall ung CWM recovery para maroot.. hingi pa ako ng tulong sa xda...

Last edited by a moderator:
nice try sir... sana makatulong din me jan..

actually sir, di issue saken yun mulittouch nia.. ok naman siya, smooth at mabilis. heheh..
i was able to install "mt65xx android phone driver" pang lenovo yung knuha ko sir.

actually sir, di issue saken yun mulittouch nia.. ok naman siya, smooth at mabilis. heheh..
i was able to install "mt65xx android phone driver" pang lenovo yung knuha ko sir.
na try ko ung nung una pero hindi madetect ng MTK tools ung device... nung ininstall ko ung alcatel one touch upgrade utility, naginstall ng bagong drivers at gumana na ung mtk saka SP flash tools. so no go ung ibang mt65xx na drivers.

di mo lang siguro napapansin. DL mo ung multi-touch test sa play store. paglaruan mo ung screen using 2 point touch.. makikita mo ung bug...

magkano ngayon price ng glory 2 balak ko sana bumili?

sir 12- 14 hrs lang tinatagal ng battery q, khet texting lng.
baka nakaopen ang data service mo...?

rooted na ba sayo sir?
di pa.. nagkakaproblema pa ako sa scatterfile ko.. 4kb lang ang nagegenerate na ROM_ size... humihingi pa ako ng advice sa xda. sana my sumubok din nito dito...

magkano ngayon price ng glory 2 balak ko sana bumili?
free po ito sa sun 350, di ko sure kung magkano pag bibilhin.. exclusive pa ata sya sa sun hanggang ngaun...

please help sa rootng nito.. ito po ginagamit kong guide...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2160490

ok, manage the errors i get from the scater file.. my mali pala ako.. ok na.. nagkaka prolem na lang ako sa pag flash nung CWM recovery. my error na lumalabas during flashing. pero once na naflash ko na ung, madali na lang iroot...

still nothing.. ive tried unlock root kaya lang di ko mainstall sa laptop ko, naghahang eh. naroot kc yung s3 dun e

ok had enogh for the day... wala na ko maisip na solution dun sa lumalabas na error.. hihintayin ko muna sagot ni rua1 sa xda... baka bukas ko na lang ituloy...

still nothing.. ive tried unlock root kaya lang di ko mainstall sa laptop ko, naghahang eh. naroot kc yung s3 dun e

Ung MTK tools lang talaga pagasa natin dahil MTK device ang unit na to...

Guys, my nagconfirm na sa xda developers, na brick nya device nya at gumamit ng one touch upgrade utility, nakapag unbrick sya at ok na ulit... so no worries na if ever na magkaproblema..

wala pa din.. nagtry ako magroot using unlock root 3.0 galing xda. root shell failed daw,, amff

Back
Top Bottom