Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Are You All Convinced That The Philippines Is A Mixed Culture Country?

beasone

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Mind Stone
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
A Happy day to everyone cool Symbianizers. I just want to raise an interesting, intriguing and controversial post or thread. I want to ask the question, are you all convinced that the Philippines is a mixed culture country, yes, explain why and if no, explain why? Looking forward and wishing to post your side or opinion, greatly appreciated!

obviously yes...
as we all know... our country has been colonized by different countries... we've adapted their culture... and it's been meshed into what we are living right now...
our way of living is the result of what happened in the past...

@unique7381, well said and on point. That is why our mind-setting and our culture is hybrid in nature!I like what you quote or you mentioned that our way of living is the result of what happened in the past. The good thing is our differences and different culture that we practice still unite us!

Beasone
"That is why our mind-setting and our culture is hybrid in nature!" -youre right. Colonizers played a big part in our history that we even adapt some of it from past and present. IMO nothing is different in adapting likely from past to present, chaotic or peaceful. But what I think theoretically is they see us still as one- or otherwise they have not left. Take Hawai for example, is it westernize? i dont think so by 100% because its majority is still polenisian ethnicity. How much more in a big country here, just my opinion.

@ manfred,yes I strongly agree with you that the colonizers played a big part in our histroy that we both adapt from past and present. Yes we need to cope it up because it is part of our culture! Yes you are right you are referring to the ethnic group the ethnic group will be adopt if they decide to live in an urban areas but since they are more flexible and adjustable to the rural areas they will still retain their previous customs.

- - - Updated - - -

SamanthaB, not just written in History books, indeed, it became part of our or today's Filipino culture. Yes truly, it is mixed Foreigns cultures!

Yes. Since colonial times, considered na ang Philippines as the melting pot of Asia, dahil sa location nito at access na binibigay nito sa Southeast Asia.
Nagkahalo-halo na mga paniniwala, kultura, at lahi ng mga tao dito sa Pilipinas dahil sa dami ng mga dayuhang pumunta, as others have said.

Yes! Maraming dayuhan ang napadpad sa pilipinas. Marami tayong minana sa mga dayuhan. Isa na dito ang pagiging traidor na galing sa mga prayle. Kung usapang position. Tingnan ninyo ang mga politiko sa ating bansa. Kahit barangay captain may namamatay na kapag malapit na ang election.

@ BENTEDOS2015, yes very true Philippines is consist of different people!

- - - Updated - - -

@ toperloid you are 100% correct since colonial times pa talaga especially kapanahunan ng mga Kastila. Much more precise and true ay nagkahalo-halo na ang mga paniniwal, kultura at lahi ng mga tao dito sa Pilipinas dahil sa dami ng mga dayuhang pumunta, as others have said!

- - - Updated - - -

@ Kieto, I strongly agree with you marami o madaming dayuhan napadpad ng Pilipinas. At madami o marami tayong minanan sa mga dayuhan. Yung pagiging traidor o traydor matagal ng issue yan kapanahunan pa ng Kastila. Tago Pilipino turo Pilipino ng kapanahunan ng mga Kastila!

Back
Top Bottom