Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ pasagot mga non-theist hehehe gusto gustong nyan eh... anyway, bible survive many attempt of elimination and burning... FYI

ang bible na 27 books of NT na gamit ngayon ay compiled by the protoorthodox church(catholic chruch) to oppose the other christian groups like marcionites(marcion was the 1st one to compile a canon) ebionites and gnostics(books in nag hammadi library) the protoorthodox church(catholic) considered themselves with orthodox(correct) belief while labeling the other christian groups(non catholic) as heretics.. ang nakakatawa lang ngayon yung canon na compiled ng catholic yun din ang ginagamit ngayon ng present heretic groups(JW,inc,add,B-Again etc) si iraneus na early church father ang nagpanukala na dapat apat ang gospels because there are four winds and four corners of the earth ito ang dahilan kung bakit ang pinili nila ay apat (mark,matthew,luke,john) dahil paniniwala ni iraneus may apat na corner ang earth kaya ito din ang napagpasyahan ni eausebius nung 4th century na inayunan naman ni constantine hangang 397ce nung mafinalized ito ng catholic church sa carthage..

atheist and agnostic's thread paba to.? :slap:

magbasabasa na nga lang kayo. :)

Vatican buries the hatchet with Charles Darwin

The Vatican has admitted that Charles Darwin was on the right track when he claimed that Man descended from apes.

A leading official declared yesterday that Darwin’s theory of evolution was compatible with Christian faith, and could even be traced to St Augustine and St Thomas Aquinas. “In fact, what we mean by evolution is the world as created by God,” said Archbishop Gianfranco Ravasi, head of the Pontifical Council for Culture. The Vatican also dealt the final blow to speculation that Pope Benedict XVI might be prepared to endorse the theory of Intelligent Design, whose advocates credit a “higher power” for the complexities of life.

Organisers of a papal-backed conference next month marking the 150th anniversary of Darwin’s On the Origin of Species said that at first it had even been proposed to ban Intelligent Design from the event, as “poor theology and poor science”. Intelligent Design would be discussed at the fringes of the conference at the Pontifical Gregorian University, but merely as a “cultural phenomenon”, rather than a scientific or theological issue, organisers said.

The conference is seen as a landmark in relations between faith and science. Three years ago advocates of Intelligent Design seized on the Pope’s reference to an “intelligent project” as proof that he favoured their views.

read more:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article5705331.ece

lets see, first they already accepted evolution at hindi na yung 7 days of dreation, ngayon naman they admit that what's written in the bible was "NOT" all true.:lmao: ano pa kaya sa tingin nyo ang babaguhin ng simbahan sa mga teachings nila? :lol:

so the bible is the word of god but the bible is not ultimate truth? hmmm. . .anyway kaya nga may blind faith eh, basta amen nalang nalang kayo ng amen. .:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Code:
there we go again pointing at Catholics. you forgot to include yourself to my second question. how about for those sola scriptura believers? arent you one of them?

Catholic church men made that statement / announcement / promolgation never for whole Christian after all... we're not Catholic, we're not under Pope... we have our doctrines base from Bible... Hopefully I somewhat answer your question :pray:
To simplify, their statement speak for themselves not for us, sue them... peace hehehe

At wag mo sabhin na ordinaryong tao si kristo.Kase kung ordinaryong tao xa kahit dalhin xa ng demonyo sa kung saang bundok man o kahit sa everest pa eh hindi nya yon mkikita.
allow me to react on this one.
yes it is true that jesus is an extra ordinary being based on bible. and so with spiderman, superman, all marvel comics creations, son goku, etc. based on their creators/authors. biblically, yes, jesus is extraordinary.

Duhhh. Subukan nyo pag aralan hindi ung libro tungkol lang sa Bigbang Theory at libro ni Darwin na hanggang ngayon naghahanap pa rin ng missing link ung pinagbababasa nyo. At duda ako mahanap nyo pa cnasabi nyo na missing link kase "MAHIRAP MAG HANAP NG BAGAY NA WLA NMN TLGA!"
if im not mistaken this missing link was already found. i just forgot that article. anyways, what book should we read and understand? the bible? for most non-believers (i preferred to use this term), they were once fundamentalists, altar boys and ministers. you wont suggest them to read the bible if thats the book you are trying to convey. nabasa na yan. personally, i like the old testament part. full of epic stories. =) i also like revelation. my grandmother used to read stories during my early years. i like stories about dragons and snakes =) .

Catholic church men made that statement / announcement / promolgation never for whole Christian after all... we're not Catholic, we're not under Pope... we have our doctrines base from Bible... Hopefully I somewhat answer your question
To simplify, their statement speak for themselves not for us, sue them... peace hehehe
so you still believe that bible is 100% error free? if your answer is yes then you have to think again. catholics compiled the bible if im not mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thrown, bwal two consecutive posts, merge mo nalang yan dude.:)

BTW, 8 years altar boy here. naalala ko pa suot kong pang sakristan nun, ganda tingnan.:lol:

@thrown: not place to answer this (kumakaway si report button) baka mapunta tayo sa proving topic. Base articles ni grey, catholic statement only, catholic church. Sa compilation naman, medyo mahaba haba ang history nun :) but I never embrace thier so called Apocrypha
books.

@grey: gusto rin dati mag-pari kaso di sila tumanggap dati ng mababait :dance: and dream ko rin before mag sacristan... but they never be :)

@thrown: not place to answer this (kumakaway si report button) baka mapunta tayo sa proving topic. Base articles ni grey, catholic statement only, catholic church. Sa compilation naman, medyo mahaba haba ang history nun :) but I never embrace thier so called Apocrypha
books.

@grey: gusto rin dati mag-pari kaso di sila tumanggap dati ng mababait :dance: and dream ko rin before mag sacristan... but they never be :)

pasingit lang, bakit ayaw mo sa apocrypha? Bkit ang 27books na suggestion ni father eusebius ang gngamit nyo din? Ayaw nyo sa apocrypha pero compilation pa din ng katolik ang gamit nyo. ang 2peter,hebrews at revelation ay inabot ng 300yrs bago nla tinanggap habang ang apokalips of peter, sheperd of hermas at barnabas ay part of canon for 300yrs just imagine kung ilang generation ng tao ang nabuhay at namatay sa loob ng panahon na walang kamalaymalay irerevise lang pala uli yung tinanggap nlang canon? Even today not all xtian grups use the same set of buks in their bible nakakatawa lng ung ibang non katolik nakikihram lang sa selection ng katolik

^ doubtful kasi un by name itself :) meron explaination jan, hahalungkatin ko pa ang baul ko :)... di na siguro necessary ipost dito with reference ki answerkey:
lol bible verses..tingin mo effective dito yan? pero sige patulan kita
heehehe no offense, joke lang yun ha :)... I do my best to present it here with less verses, busy pa.

Last edited:
atheist and agnostic's thread paba to.? :slap:

magbasabasa na nga lang kayo. :)

Vatican buries the hatchet with Charles Darwin

The Vatican has admitted that Charles Darwin was on the right track when he claimed that Man descended from apes.

A leading official declared yesterday that Darwin’s theory of evolution was compatible with Christian faith, and could even be traced to St Augustine and St Thomas Aquinas. “In fact, what we mean by evolution is the world as created by God,” said Archbishop Gianfranco Ravasi, head of the Pontifical Council for Culture. The Vatican also dealt the final blow to speculation that Pope Benedict XVI might be prepared to endorse the theory of Intelligent Design, whose advocates credit a “higher power” for the complexities of life.

Organisers of a papal-backed conference next month marking the 150th anniversary of Darwin’s On the Origin of Species said that at first it had even been proposed to ban Intelligent Design from the event, as “poor theology and poor science”. Intelligent Design would be discussed at the fringes of the conference at the Pontifical Gregorian University, but merely as a “cultural phenomenon”, rather than a scientific or theological issue, organisers said.

The conference is seen as a landmark in relations between faith and science. Three years ago advocates of Intelligent Design seized on the Pope’s reference to an “intelligent project” as proof that he favoured their views.

read more:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article5705331.ece

lets see, first they already accepted evolution at hindi na yung 7 days of dreation, ngayon naman they admit that what's written in the bible was "NOT" all true.:lmao: ano pa kaya sa tingin nyo ang babaguhin ng simbahan sa mga teachings nila? :lol:

so the bible is the word of god but the bible is not ultimate truth? hmmm. . .anyway kaya nga may blind faith eh, basta amen nalang nalang kayo ng amen. .:thumbsup:

boss grey_hounds may nakausap ako na seminarista at sinabi nya sakin na ang creation about adam and eve is just a mythology... kaya lang daw sinulat yun sa genesis ay to represent First Man and First Woman.

@hackerz may ask your stand about it.? marami na din ako kilalang open minded theist na tanggap ang evolution kay sa literal creation. pero may kilala rin ako dito na young earther, na lahat sa bible daw ay literal, 6 days creation, adam and eve, global flood at naniniwala din syang ang mundo ay 6000-10000 yeras old palang.:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
@bowrath yang topic na masyado big deal sayo ay matagal na ding naging topic dito, kaya please kung ang pakay mo sa thread na to ay makipagdebate wag ka nalang magpost.

I tell you dude, your bible verses won't work here!at saka bat di mo pinapansin mga comment sayo ni allister.? :lmao:

@hackerz may ask your stand about it.? marami na din ako kilalang open minded theist na tanggap ang evolution kay sa literal creation. pero may kilala rin ako dito na young earther, na lahat sa bible daw ay literal, 6 days creation, adam and eve, global flood at naniniwala din syang ang mundo ay 6000-10000 yeras old palang.:lmao:

let me just clear out this one, yes piltdown was a hoax. It was designed to fool the British paleontologists! It wasn't something they perpetrated to fool the public or anyone else.

And it didn't fit! Some researchers recognized early on that Piltdown didn't fit with the rest of the evidence. Friedrichs and Weidenreich had both, by about 1932, published their research suggesting the lower jaws and molars were that of an orang. Piltdown was increasingly ignored until it was finally disproved in the early 1950s.;)

To fool paleontologists?not the public?
Nakow palusot. Buong science community nga niloko nyo.

In 1912, the Piltdown man was believed to be the “missing link” between apes and humans by the majority of the scientific community.
-wikipedia

And lol bago kam ag bigay ng cnasabi mo n facts magbigay k muna ng referrence.Bka kagaya k din ni answerkeye eh.Nag iimbento ng oblique spheroid :clap:

Antaying na lang natin ang susunod na kabanata bukas hehehe :)

@grey_hounds may tanong lang ako... are we still in the process of evolution? if yes what could be the omega point of our evolution? just asking lang.. i'm not into debate, i just want to know your opinion. :)
your answer will be highly appreciated...

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrown
bago ka sumali sa mga forum mag research ka muna ok, isa ka lang fundamentalist wala kang alam sa bible mo wala ka ding alam sa science sumasabay ka lang sa agos ng ibang theist dito na wala ding alam sa history ng bible manghihimasok pa sa science, ang psalm ay walang kinalaman kay jesus ok............................
duuuh.Walang kinalaman c kristo sa proverbs?Pano kung mpatunayan ko sayo na hindi pa pinapanganak c kristo nka sulat at nagsasalita na xa sa libro ng proverbs? will you admit ignorante ka?
Hahaha puro ka lang paratang.
hey kid before you use my name be sure that i was the one who said that... also i am not referring to that article of yours kasi alam na naman na hoax talaga yan. as what ive said hindi nga ako sure. i am not confirming my answer. gets mo ba?

and by the way as what we have mentioned, you can't use your bible quotes here... ikaw lang ang naniniwala dyan. well i admire your bravery but i think you need more comprehension.

to all theists, please refrain from using bible verses in proving your argument. we all know that those are not effective in this thread.

Last edited:
parang Bible vs Google

anyway napadaan lang...

gusto ko lang malaman kung naniniwala kayo sa "Miracle'
athiest?

@grey_hounds may tanong lang ako... are we still in the process of evolution? if yes what could be the omega point of our evolution? just asking lang.. i'm not into debate, i just want to know your opinion. :)
your answer will be highly appreciated...

may tanong ako sayo sa previous page di mo pa sinasagot.;)

ok I hope nagtatanong kalang talaga at hindi hinahanapan ng butas ang evolution,

I'll make it simple, my answer is "human is still evolving but in a very slow process". hindi katulad ng mga hayop na prone sa pabago bagong panahon wala silang shelter walang gamot walang technology. and since evolution is adaptation to environment hindi na masyado apektado ang tao dahil marami na tayong solusyon para makaadopt sa panahon natin ngayon.

@well in answer to your question about what is my stand regarding evolution as for now...

evolution=60%
creation = 40%

is that fair enough for you?

Evolution is a gradual process because we live in this 3d world which is subject to time and space, am i correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom