Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
malaking kab*b*han lahat ng member na to. HAHA kaawa awa :) goodlck

someone who can't present posts/arguments other than these types, yet still opens his mouth nonetheless, fits the description better. good luck

barado lahat ng posts e, di nga lang makabanat ng matinong arguments yet siya tong malakas makatawag ng bobo. hays...

nakaka-miss din yung minsan may mga naliligaw na ganito dito (stupidity is entertaining). some of them go as far as defacing the entire symbianize with their stupidity which got them banned, by the way.

but then again, masaya rin minsan kung may level headed na makikipagdebate with really good knowledge of what he's representing. though no one will be able to convince the other, at least viewpoints are shared which may lead to an answer, or raise more questions that need to be answered.

Good morning lads.

Mas malala pa yung ibang threads (just read the "omniscience thread") paglabas nyo dito. Sometimes you can just watch them helplessly kasi they don't even know what they are talking about. And it's much irritating if they base their evidences on some ancient book or magic tricks.

I am open to new things. I could read their prescribed books but still doesn't convince me. Unlike when I read a science book, I could see evidences on my own... May it be fossils, museums, planetariums, mathematical formulas, white papers, thesis... etc etc etc. Which the religious dudes greatly lacks.

If they will show a clear convincing proof to every one of us, then there would be no questions asked.

Though I have this habit of asking a lot of questions about it.

Last edited:
Guys ask ko lng po ah, Proven na po ba ung kung san galing ang Atom?(pa share po link) ,if its already been discussed in this thread, please spoon feed me, hirap magbasa from the start eh with 939 pages, na curios lng ako bigla when i saw this thread. Thanks

Guys ask ko lng po ah, Proven na po ba ung kung san galing ang Atom?(pa share po link) ,if its already been discussed in this thread, please spoon feed me, hirap magbasa from the start eh with 939 pages, na curios lng ako bigla when i saw this thread. Thanks

Gawa sila from protons, neutrons and electrons( sa isang salita, sub-atomic particles). [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom]

Kung gusto mo ng proof, proposed ng mga greeks... Tapos ni-refine na lang nina John Dalton, Robert Brown, Hans Geiger, JJ Thompson, Neils Bohr.. etc etc etc etc . Nadi-discuss na ito sa elementary at highschool. At physics at chemistry 101. Yan ay kung present ka sa klase mo. :lol:

Kung live proof ang gusto mo, andun sa Large Hadron Collider sa Switzerland. Madami silang live show sa youtube. :lol: Kung gusto mo pa rin ng live na atom, hawakan mo na lang yung sarili mo. Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus = Dyan ka gawa. Inom ka ng tubig, 2 atoms ng H at isang O .

Hindi lang tatlo ang sub-atomic particles, madami silang tropa. Andun sa standard model. Kaso ang gulo ng model kung first time mo sya iintindihin pati ako nabaliw. hahaha [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subatomic_particle]

Kung first time mo babasahin ang mga ito, mahirap talaga. Pero kung may solid foundation ka na sa basic chemistry or physics, makakatulong yun sa iyo. :D

Last edited:
^ haha nahilo naman ako dyan .. hindi kaya iprocess ng utak ko yan !!!

As it is with science nowadays, we've gone beyond "simple" atoms, and now find ourselves stuck with not just quarks, but beyond that, strings, at the so-called Planck scale, the very limits of measure the universe can give us. But to simplify, there is no such thing as "creation" in the universe. Remember your basic science: Matter, or energy, cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be transformed from one form to another. Creation issues only come from the side of creationists who grow up with the mind set thinking that everything must have a beginning or an end, reflecting the facts of our own existence, that is, of being born and having to die very soon. :)

^ naalala ko tuloy yung lucy !!!
btw thanks pinalinaw mo ng unti !!

As it is with science nowadays, we've gone beyond "simple" atoms, and now find ourselves stuck with not just quarks, but beyond that, strings, at the so-called Planck scale, the very limits of measure the universe can give us. But to simplify, there is no such thing as "creation" in the universe. Remember your basic science: Matter, or energy, cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be transformed from one form to another. Creation issues only come from the side of creationists who grow up with the mind set thinking that everything must have a beginning or an end, reflecting the facts of our own existence, that is, of being born and having to die very soon. :)

Ahhh I'm beginning to think that you're a reincarnation of Carl Sagan. :lol:

Anyways, malay mo nga hindi na tayo mamatay --- If gumanda ang research ng nano-technology for medicine.

Malay lang naman. :lol:

Ahhh I'm beginning to think that you're a reincarnation of Carl Sagan. :lol:

Anyways, malay mo nga hindi na tayo mamatay --- If gumanda ang research ng nano-technology for medicine.

Malay lang naman. :lol:

Carl Sagan is great, who wouldn't want to be like him, hehe. Anyway, I also dig Isaac Asimov, and read most of his works, especially the Foundation series, which, for all intent, is the mother of all sci-fi. :) For those interested, I am open to discussions about the latest in scientific research, for example: string/superstring/M-Theory physics, loop gravity theory, Maldacena's holographic theory, and now, the newest talk of town, the amplituhedron, which promises to resolve many difficult issues in physics and mathematics. For those interested, they might also do some legwork about de Broglie/Bohm physics, Bell inequalities, just to polish their understanding of our world.

Reincarnation is a very enticing proposition, except when you're going levels down, say from human to amoeba, hahaha. Also, not many people see that it assumes a very static—and stagnant—universe. For example, what would it say about the growing population? If everybody is just a reincarnation of something or somebody else, why should the population grow? The number of all creation, from one-celled organisms to complex ones, must always be the same number for all time, just rotating the forms until nirvana comes. Either that or I am missing something in the theory.

And immortality...who wouldn't love that. At the moment, medicine is busy tinkering with various anti-aging concoctions, and they might have something in rapamycin, a topic that I have posted here at sb. Many experts also expect nanotechnology to figure in this search for the fountain of youth and it is quite amusing how many websites you will find dedicated to such activities, not to mention overt and covert laboratories doing what they could to further this research.

Last edited:
How about controlled reincarnation? Too creepy if it goes down. Well, i wanted to be a jellyfish or a hydra.

Ever thought of using cancer to replace dead cells or body parts instead of nano machines? There are some issues in bio-ethics in this area, i guess.

What's your specialty? I assume you're somewhere in the field of Physics...

How about controlled reincarnation? Too creepy if it goes down. Well, i wanted to be a jellyfish or a hydra.

Ever thought of using cancer to replace dead cells or body parts instead of nano machines? There are some issues in bio-ethics in this area, i guess.

What's your specialty? I assume you're somewhere in the field of Physics...

The only way I see that reincarnation could be dynamic is for a portion of the population to finally graduate to nirvana, and then a new generation takes over their place. Question is does nirvana sound like a pretty destination after all the trouble of going thru many forms of creation? What about "controlled evolution"? How should it work? And wouldn't that invite talk of a "controller"? :) I myself would like to be an octopus if reincarnation were true. I've seen videos of those creatures, and they seem to be having hell of a fun even in captivity. :)

I am a self-confessed frustrated physicist, haha. Wanted to be one, but did not see any educational institution in the country to my liking, even the great UP. So now I just delve into materials on my own. Besides, my actual field of work brings me close to the latest trends in all things science and what have you.

The only way I see that reincarnation could be dynamic is for a portion of the population to finally graduate to nirvana, and then a new generation takes over their place. Question is does nirvana sound like a pretty destination after all the trouble of going thru many forms of creation? What about "controlled evolution"? How should it work? And wouldn't that invite talk of a "controller"? :) I myself would like to be an octopus if reincarnation were true. I've seen videos of those creatures, and they seem to be having hell of a fun even in captivity. :)

I am a self-confessed frustrated physicist, haha. Wanted to be one, but did not see any educational institution in the country to my liking, even the great UP. So now I just delve into materials on my own. Besides, my actual field of work brings me close to the latest trends in all things science and what have you.

Controlled evolution. Don't you think it's a little synonymous to adaptation or I'm just plain wrong? :lol:

I'm in the IT field and taking a higher degree. During my thesis research involving the formation of HAB( redtide), I bumped into something that made me a little curious... How did these creatures form with just phosphates, nitrates, water and sunlight?

The answer did not let me write --- On the Day 6. :lol:

That made me question almost everything. :lol:

Controlled evolution. Don't you think it's a little synonymous to adaptation or I'm just plain wrong? :lol:

I'm in the IT field and taking a higher degree. During my thesis research involving the formation of HAB( redtide), I bumped into something that made me a little curious... How did these creatures form with just phosphates, nitrates, water and sunlight?

The answer did not let me write --- On the Day 6. :lol:

That made me question almost everything. :lol:

No problem about "controlled reincarnation" in the context of controlled evolution as you put it. There are many factors to evolution, and you might be interested to know the latest in this field here: http://www.stanforddaily.com/2015/02/23/stanford-study-confirms-animals-grow-bigger-with-evolution/

We all have our "Eureka" moments especially regarding questions about our existence here on earth. In my case, a youthful predilection towards history led me to the roots of religions and faith everywhere on the planet. Couple that with the growing body of evidence of the mechanisms of evolution clinched it for me some time back in high school. :)

Btw, I forgot to comment on your previous post where you said, "Ever thought of using cancer to replace dead cells or body parts instead of nano machines? There are some issues in bio-ethics in this area, i guess." Interestingly, there was an episode of X-Files, that icon of sci-fi series of the 90s, where the person that Mulder and Scully were chasing was able to regenerate body parts at will, even his head. Turns out that the main thesis of that episode was that cancer was part and parcel of human evolution, just that it is yet in its transition, and faulty, stage at the moment. Its perfect version, as evidenced by the person they were after, would be to be able to replace dying cells and parts of the human body to make it live forever, give or take catastrophic events. Interesting, yes?

No problem about "controlled reincarnation" in the context of controlled evolution as you put it. There are many factors to evolution, and you might be interested to know the latest in this field here: http://www.stanforddaily.com/2015/02/23/stanford-study-confirms-animals-grow-bigger-with-evolution/

We all have our "Eureka" moments especially regarding questions about our existence here on earth. In my case, a youthful predilection towards history led me to the roots of religions and faith everywhere on the planet. Couple that with the growing body of evidence of the mechanisms of evolution clinched it for me some time back in high school. :)

Btw, I forgot to comment on your previous post where you said, "Ever thought of using cancer to replace dead cells or body parts instead of nano machines? There are some issues in bio-ethics in this area, i guess." Interestingly, there was an episode of X-Files, that icon of sci-fi series of the 90s, where the person that Mulder and Scully were chasing was able to regenerate body parts at will, even his head. Turns out that the main thesis of that episode was that cancer was part and parcel of human evolution, just that it is yet in its transition, and faulty, stage at the moment. Its perfect version, as evidenced by the person they were after, would be to be able to replace dying cells and parts of the human body to make it live forever, give or take catastrophic events. Interesting, yes?

Stanford. How nice. Thanks, man!

Yes, Hail Darwin. :lol:

I think I saw that episode before in X-Files. I'll watch Fringe again, I assume it has the same thingy in one of their episodes as well.

Very much interesting. The only problem now if it can be still alive after jumping in the core of the sun/ star, jump into the blackhole or perfectly slice it in half. Technically, it's dead but let's see :lol:

Very much interesting. The only problem now if it can be still alive after jumping in the core of the sun/ star, jump into the blackhole or perfectly slice it in half. Technically, it's dead but let's see :lol:

Now those right there would comprise the catastrophic events! No way to survive after passing through the event horizon. Unless you're Superman.

everything is theory no one can prove that god exist that god created earth/heaven or hell even science can't explain/define.
religion is just a wall hmm a jail of believing example your a catholic of course you will believe in your religion and your god and also if you are muslim of course you will belive in allah etc...there is so many religion blahblah and another example you can't marry a person in an opposite religion? then "WHY"? they always say it's a sin ?WHERE'S the sin there? in an open eye and open mind it's not a sin but when you believe in your religion's belief yes of course it's a sin then FVCK IT ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom