Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the US strict ang interpretation nila sa separation of church and state. pwede ka magdasal on your own private time and before your own PRIVATE FUNCTION but if you do it on government time and within an OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT function like an impeachment then bawal yun. I think we should follow the US example

indirect na interference yun sa affairs of state. What if you had say a shinto vs christian based topic up for senate deliberations and you had a christian prayer at the opening? pwede kayo makasuahan ng bias

Di pwede dito yan... meron na bang nanalong politician who is a known atheist? or agnostic? Yun iba nga pinepeke ang pagiging madasalin eh [Pacquiao] para bumenta sa "herd".

Sana next time, dasal ng muslim naman ang gawin before impeachment proceedings :lmao:

Payag kaya sila? Baka magtigil-misa ang CBCP :rofl:

as i have observed most of the atheists and agnostics do not buy the idea that a omnipotent,omniscient,omniprescence GOD exist but they buy the idea that a sophisticated and knowledgeable aliens exist
i think aliens was part of illumanatti movement. . .

Do you considered guys that an aliens is a GODS?

If im offtopic i would delete this post

Alien: Being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world; A form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere

God is an alien.

:lmao:

as i have observed most of the atheists and agnostics do not buy the idea that a omnipotent,omniscient,omniprescence GOD exist but they buy the idea that a sophisticated and knowledgeable aliens exist

first there is a difference between aliens. at least 2 kinds of "aliens"

1. the aliens of scientists. mostly theoretical since there is no evidence for them BUT their existence if they exist do not violate the physical laws so in essence yes there is a probability that aliens exist. these are the aliens serious scientists talk about. There is probably some alien civilization out there in the universe but they have not contacted us ... yet

2. the aliens of pseudoscience. UFO's. Alien abductions. Anal probing. Cattle mutilation. George bush is a reptilian-human hybrid. The government has alien bodies and flying saucers in area 51. Greys talk to me via telepathy. The ancient astronaut theory. There is very little hard evidence that these exist

not all atheists/agnostics are skeptics but a lot of them are. And to a skeptic atheist, faith in a god without evidence and belief in #2 are both bogus

so there is nothing wrong with the logic of an atheist/agnostic believing #1

Last edited:

during ancient times, kapag nakakita sila ng mga bagay na hindi maexplain eto ay halos tawagin na nilang "god".

they are not god/gods, maybe an intelligent entity na mas advance ang technology saten.

Medyo naniniwala ako na they exist, as i believe na hindi lang sa earth ang may life :)

padaan lang po and PaOT.. PATAS is looking for atheists and agnostics alike to bolster their numbers.. Visit this facebook group for more discussions, PATAS. they are a legit organization here in our country ^_^

Last edited:
padaan lang po and PaOT.. PATAS is looking for atheists and agnostics alike to bolster their numbers.. Visit this facebook group for more discussions, PATAS. they are a legit organization here in our country ^_^

a facebook posting for atheists is a no no if you are TNT (tago ng tago or hiding, for whatever reason) unless you create a bogus secondary FB account

some hide because meron penalty like in some hardcore muslim countries. some hide to avoid stres/conflict among family and friends

during ancient times, kapag nakakita sila ng mga bagay na hindi maexplain eto ay halos tawagin na nilang "god".

they are not god/gods, maybe an intelligent entity na mas advance ang technology saten.
that's one possibility
a second one is the position taken by theists
a third is the position of skeptics and science

Symphony of Science - The Greatest Show on Earth! A music video about Evolution

safe_image.php

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Symphony-of-Science-Official-Fan-Page/370898037745

Because you failed to understand where the author is coming from.
FYI, the real battle between good and evil is NOT atheism versus theism, it is not a battle between secularists versus religionists, the real battle between good and evil is Individualism versus Collectivism.

the author and I both believe in Individualism. I believe it is good and moral to put my own self-interest above the interest of other people. The keyword here is rational selfishness w/c means an individual is an end in himself, not the means to the ends of others.

Altruism is a type of man-sacrificing ethical system. For me, it is evil. Sacrifice is evil.

Altruists - like the New Atheists; Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris and their ilk believes that it is the moral duty or obligation of individuals to serve the good and welfare of other people and put their interests above their own.

If there's anyone here who believes in Altruism, give me facts that it is good and moral to put the interests of others above your own self-interest.

i agree with this post two thumbs up

Altruists - like the New Atheists; Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris and their ilk believes that it is the moral duty or obligation of individuals to serve the good and welfare of other people and put their interests above their own.

the logic of militant atheism or as some call it anti-theism is also based on altruism. they try to spread the idea of atheism because they believe that its better for the world. this is in contrast to other atheists who adopt a live and let live or walang pakialam attitude

the chrisitan counterpart to this is Dominion theology which says that there is a biblical imperative to spread the gospel. Actually matagal na yan. Magellan could have been a dominion catholic by some definitions since he wanted to christianize the phils. Current dominion christians in the USA have as their ultimate target a ... well you could call it takeover of the US government to turn it into a theocracy. And yes this is a very logical extension of the bible

tagal ko nawala...

"god" sent me a lot of problems...then i have to overcome them all by myself. hehehe

anyway to rejoin the caravan:

^yes, the points are true. but may i add something to rationalize the "militancy" concept. I don't think that "altruism" alone is the basis of one's militancy in atheism nor is it the foundation wherein militant atheism or anti-theism is built upon (well at least in my own opinion).

In the plain social aspects of things, organized institutions always gain the upper hand over those who are "scattered". And most often than not (especially in military science), they are the one who get "oppressed" or "conquered" even if their collective numbers are more than that of the organized one (talking about how empires start from a very small group)... well, at the least, their "voices are unheard".

"if only all buffalos (by the hundreds!) in a herd take a more "offensive" stance against a handful of lions..."

however, one may say: "but you atheists are actually the "minority" when it comes to numbers so your analogy is quite wrong!" .. well, that is what actually saddens me: "we are the lions; equipped with cunning and everything yet the buffalos are the ones ruling the pride".. i don't believe that's what the "real nature of things" should be.

This is one of the reasons why many have to taka a more "militant" and organized stand against the prevailing religion/belief.

Last edited:

Question lang, how did you make your observation? Do you have numbers to back it up? Unfair kasi sa ilang hindi naman naniniwala sa Alien.

Anyhow, while atheists are almost quite sure there is no God, agnostics think that it is almost impossible to prove or disprove God's existence. Whether or not totoo ang God is not their [agnostics] primary concern. At least ganun ang pagkaka intindi ko. :lol:

To answer your question, I am not fully convinced na may Alien o wala. In the same way na I am not fully convinced na may God o wala. I am still looking for evidences. And yes, I am an agnostic. :)

Last edited:
I am not sure if okay lang ba na i-post ito. I hope okay lang. :)
Just wanna share some news:

LONDON (AP) — British scientists have found scores of fossils the great evolutionary theorist Charles Darwin and his peers collected but that had been lost for more than 150 years.

Dr. Howard Falcon-Lang, a paleontologist at Royal Holloway, University of London, said Tuesday that he stumbled upon the glass slides containing the fossils in an old wooden cabinet that had been shoved in a "gloomy corner" of the massive, drafty British Geological Survey.

Using a flashlight to peer into the drawers and hold up a slide, Falcon-Lang saw one of the first specimens he had picked up was labeled 'C. Darwin Esq."

"It took me a while just to convince myself that it was Darwin's signature on the slide," the paleontologist said, adding he soon realized it was a "quite important and overlooked" specimen.

He described the feeling of seeing that famous signature as "a heart in your mouth situation," saying he wondering "Goodness, what have I discovered!"

Falcon-Lang's find was a collection of 314 slides of specimens collected by Darwin and other members of his inner circle, including John Hooker — a botanist and dear friend of Darwin — and the Rev. John Henslow, Darwin's mentor at Cambridge, whose daughter later married Hooker.

The first slide pulled out of the dusty corner at the British Geological Survey turned out to be one of the specimens collected by Darwin during his famous expedition on the HMS Beagle, which changed the young Cambridge graduate's career and laid the foundation for his subsequent work on evolution.

Falcon-Lang said the unearthed fossils — lost for 165 years — show there is more to learn from a period of history scientists thought they knew well.

"To find a treasure trove of lost Darwin specimens from the Beagle voyage is just extraordinary," Falcon-Lang added. "We can see there's more to learn. There are a lot of very, very significant fossils in there that we didn't know existed."

He said one of the most "bizarre" slides came from Hooker's collection — a specimen of prototaxites, a 400 million-year-old tree-sized fungus.

Hooker had assembled the collection of slides while briefly working for the British Geological Survey in 1846, according to Royal Holloway, University of London.

The slides — "stunning works of art," according to Falcon-Lang — contain bits of fossil wood and plants ground into thin sheets and affixed to glass in order to be studied under microscopes. Some of the slides are half a foot long (15 centimeters), "great big chunks of glass," Falcon-Lang said.

"How these things got overlooked for so long is a bit of a mystery itself," he mused, speculating that perhaps it was because Darwin was not widely known in 1846 so the collection might not have been given "the proper curatorial care."

Royal Holloway, University of London said the fossils were 'lost' because Hooker failed to number them in the formal "specimen register" before setting out on an expedition to the Himalayas. In 1851, the "unregistered" fossils were moved to the Museum of Practical Geology in Piccadilly before being transferred to the South Kensington's Geological Museum in 1935 and then to the British Geological Survey's headquarters near Nottingham 50 years later, the university said.

The discovery was made in April, but it has taken "a long time" to figure out the provenance of the slides and photograph all of them, Falcon-Lang said. The slides have now been photographed and will be made available to the public through a new online museum exhibit opening Tuesday.

Falcon-Lang expects great scientific papers to emerge from the discovery.

"There are some real gems in this collection that are going to contribute to ongoing science."

Dr. John Ludden, executive director of the Geological Survey, called the find a "remarkable" discovery.

"It really makes one wonder what else might be hiding in our collections," he said.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/uk-scientists-lost-darwin-fossils-060025391.html

interesting.

but still, I expect some creationists to try to twist this news report in order to discredit darwin like one creationist post on yahoo answers about darwin declaring a species of galapagos tortoise extinct or something then genetic evidence shows up that some living tortoises are actually hybrids of that extinct species and another living species. The creationist's point was if darwin was wrong about this species being extinct then maybe he was wrong about "other" things like maybe evolution

lolz, desperate talaga

Greetings! So how's this thread going? :D

regards padre_pio! ;)

painom naman kayo sa bagong laya! :lol:

Haha. . .tulad ng inaasahan ko ikaw unang magpopost @ronell. :lol:

kaw pa rin pinaka active dito. .you already my friend! :lol:

nsan na sila bibang, marc, xhirako, humility and the rest of the gang?

kitakits na tau mga chongs! :rock:

nawawala na si xhirako at si biba paminsan na lang din.. busy sa kakatiris ng pimples nya :lol:

Haha. . .tulad ng inaasahan ko ikaw unang magpopost @ronell. :lol:

kaw pa rin pinaka active dito. .you already my friend! :lol:

nsan na sila bibang, marc, xhirako, humility and the rest of the gang?

kitakits na tau mga chongs! :rock:

buhay na buhay kasi ako sa mga gantong oras, 10am to 7pm :D

hmm si marc active pa din dito, si thrown pasulpot sulpot and humility.

si bibang busy daw, may pinagkakaabalahan :lol:

onga, ituloy na naten yung tagaytay bago mag summer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom