Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice..the neverending war between believers and non-believers..hehe.. Seriously guys there's no point para pahabain ang issue na to..ok lang mag diskusyon pero yong mag attempt tayo na baguhin ang paniniwala ng bawat isa..hopeless case na talaga yan..basta convinced ako na kahit anong pananaw mo at idea kung may diyos o wala is a win/win situation:-) trust me walang talo..

He called it primitive not to make fun of it, but to simply describe it. Sa aminin mo man o hinde, it is true na primitive and stagnant ang paniniwala ng karamihan sa mga theists dito compared to other christian nations.

RC is aware of that themselves but not doing anything worthy of an applause against it.

They know that the celebration of the Feast of the Nazarene borders on idolatry.

Nakikinabang pa rin kasi sila. Parang necessary evil.

@padrepio, akala ko pa naman walang nangyayari sa pagrereport ko sa mga trolls dito.

This has been floating around the web for many years, and I just want to share this here.
Kissing Hank's Ass
This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple. The man spoke first:
John: "Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."
Mary: "Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's ass with us."
Me: "Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss His ass?"
John: "If you kiss Hank's ass, He'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, He'll kick the shit out of you."
Me: "What? Is this some sort of bizarre mob shake-down?"
John: "Hank is a billionaire philanthropist. Hank built this town. Hank owns this town. He can do whatever He wants, and what He wants is to give you a million dollars, but He can't until you kiss His ass."
Me: "That doesn't make any sense. Why..."
Mary: "Who are you to question Hank's gift? Don't you want a million dollars? Isn't it worth a little kiss on the ass?"
Me: "Well maybe, if it's legit, but..."
John: "Then come kiss Hank's ass with us."
Me: "Do you kiss Hank's ass often?"
Mary: "Oh yes, all the time..."
Me: "And has He given you a million dollars?"
John: "Well no. You don't actually get the money until you leave town."
Me: "So why don't you just leave town now?"
Mary: "You can't leave until Hank tells you to, or you don't get the money, and He kicks the shit out of you."
Me: "Do you know anyone who kissed Hank's ass, left town, and got the million dollars?"
John: "My mother kissed Hank's ass for years. She left town last year, and I'm sure she got the money."
Me: "Haven't you talked to her since then?"
John: "Of course not, Hank doesn't allow it."
Me: "So what makes you think He'll actually give you the money if you've never talked to anyone who got the money?"
Mary: "Well, He gives you a little bit before you leave. Maybe you'll get a raise, maybe you'll win a small lotto, maybe you'll just find a twenty-dollar bill on the street."
Me: "What's that got to do with Hank?"
John: "Hank has certain 'connections.'"
Me: "I'm sorry, but this sounds like some sort of bizarre con game."
John: "But it's a million dollars, can you really take the chance? And remember, if you don't kiss Hank's ass He'll kick the shit out of you."
Me: "Maybe if I could see Hank, talk to Him, get the details straight from Him..."
Mary: "No one sees Hank, no one talks to Hank."
Me: "Then how do you kiss His ass?"
John: "Sometimes we just blow Him a kiss, and think of His ass. Other times we kiss Karl's ass, and he passes it on."
Me: "Who's Karl?"
Mary: "A friend of ours. He's the one who taught us all about kissing Hank's ass. All we had to do was take him out to dinner a few times."
Me: "And you just took his word for it when he said there was a Hank, that Hank wanted you to kiss His ass, and that Hank would reward you?"
John: "Oh no! Karl has a letter he got from Hank years ago explaining the whole thing. Here's a copy; see for yourself."
From the Desk of Karl
1. Kiss Hank's ass and He'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.
2. Use alcohol in moderation.
3. Kick the shit out of people who aren't like you.
4. Eat right.
5. Hank dictated this list Himself.
6. The moon is made of green cheese.
7. Everything Hank says is right.
8. Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
9. Don't use alcohol.
10. Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.
11. Kiss Hank's ass or He'll kick the shit out of you.
Me: "This appears to be written on Karl's letterhead."
Mary: "Hank didn't have any paper."
Me: "I have a hunch that if we checked we'd find this is Karl's handwriting."
John: "Of course, Hank dictated it."
Me: "I thought you said no one gets to see Hank?"
Mary: "Not now, but years ago He would talk to some people."
Me: "I thought you said He was a philanthropist. What sort of philanthropist kicks the shit out of people just because they're different?"
Mary: "It's what Hank wants, and Hank's always right."
Me: "How do you figure that?"
Mary: "Item 7 says 'Everything Hank says is right.' That's good enough for me!"
Me: "Maybe your friend Karl just made the whole thing up."
John: "No way! Item 5 says 'Hank dictated this list himself.' Besides, item 2 says 'Use alcohol in moderation,' Item 4 says 'Eat right,' and item 8 says 'Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.' Everyone knows those things are right, so the rest must be true, too."
Me: "But 9 says 'Don't use alcohol.' which doesn't quite go with item 2, and 6 says 'The moon is made of green cheese,' which is just plain wrong."
John: "There's no contradiction between 9 and 2, 9 just clarifies 2. As far as 6 goes, you've never been to the moon, so you can't say for sure."
Me: "Scientists have pretty firmly established that the moon is made of rock..."
Mary: "But they don't know if the rock came from the Earth, or from out of space, so it could just as easily be green cheese."
Me: "I'm not really an expert, but I think the theory that the Moon was somehow 'captured' by the Earth has been discounted*. Besides, not knowing where the rock came from doesn't make it cheese."
John: "Ha! You just admitted that scientists make mistakes, but we know Hank is always right!"
Me: "We do?"
Mary: "Of course we do, Item 7 says so."
Me: "You're saying Hank's always right because the list says so, the list is right because Hank dictated it, and we know that Hank dictated it because the list says so. That's circular logic, no different than saying 'Hank's right because He says He's right.'"
John: "Now you're getting it! It's so rewarding to see someone come around to Hank's way of thinking."
Me: "But...oh, never mind. What's the deal with wieners?"
Mary: She blushes.
John: "Wieners, in buns, no condiments. It's Hank's way. Anything else is wrong."
Me: "What if I don't have a bun?"
John: "No bun, no wiener. A wiener without a bun is wrong."
Me: "No relish? No Mustard?"
Mary: She looks positively stricken.
John: He's shouting. "There's no need for such language! Condiments of any kind are wrong!"
Me: "So a big pile of sauerkraut with some wieners chopped up in it would be out of the question?"
Mary: Sticks her fingers in her ears."I am not listening to this. La la la, la la, la la la."
John: "That's disgusting. Only some sort of evil deviant would eat that..."
Me: "It's good! I eat it all the time."
Mary: She faints.
John: He catches Mary. "Well, if I'd known you were one of those I wouldn't have wasted my time. When Hank kicks the shit out of you I'll be there, counting my money and laughing. I'll kiss Hank's ass for you, you bunless cut-wienered kraut-eater."
With this, John dragged Mary to their waiting car, and sped off.
At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, this is an analogy to blind faith, and its absurdities. =)

^The thing with that is it will totally go over the heads of the very people it's meant for. :P Parang in-joke na lang tuloy ang dating niyan.

Last edited:
^The thing with that is it will totally go over the heads of the very people it's meant for. :P Parang in-joke na lang tuloy ang dating niyan.
^Oh totally.
That's why I posted that here in this thread.
tl;dr nga ang dating e, hehe.
Naisip ko yan, kasi naglipana ang posts about student einstein, almost every week, mga twice a week pa yata, may nagpopost nun.
I'm sure before the week is over ipopost uli yun.
May nakita na nga ako kanina e. =)

hehe...at least PadrePio made it clear:

pusero is just one of the "firebrand crusaders of the faith"

and needs to be "ignored".

justice served. (GAVEL)

@renma
my call on religious conservatism or any form of conservatism, for that matter:

Conservatism (whatever form) is a "necessary evil" for progressive evolution (whatever form again) much like a "sparring partner" in boxing. If you can't get past through it, the "change" is not yet worthy of realization... you'll surely not defeat your "real opponent" (which is nature itself).

Now, when it comes to religious conservatism, it's simply a battle of numbers (and "power", i'm sure you know what i mean, Hitler used "this" once...). MAJORITY WINS!

And the pulse is... Yours are obviously loosing ground! hekhekhek!

Time to call your gods (which are actually YOU, yourselves...your egos...)

Again, "relativism"... NOTHING IS ABSOLUTE TILL TIME ENDS, MORONS!

Last edited:
hehe...at least PadrePio made it clear:

pusero is just one of the "firebrand crusaders of the faith"

and needs to be "ignored".

justice served. (GAVEL)

@renma
my call on religious conservatism or any form of conservatism, for that matter:

Conservatism (whatever form) is a "necessary evil" for progressive evolution (whatever form again) much like a "sparring partner" in boxing. If you can't get past through it, the "change" is not yet worthy of realization... you'll surely not defeat your "real opponent" (which is nature itself).

Now, when it comes to religious conservatism, it's simply a battle of numbers (and "power", i'm sure you know what i mean, Hitler used "this" once...). MAJORITY WINS!

And the pulse is... Yours are obviously loosing ground! hekhekhek!

Time to call your gods (which are actually YOU, yourselves...your egos...)

Again, "relativism"... NOTHING IS ABSOLUTE TILL TIME ENDS, MORONS!

Makita mo lang sana yung followup post nya na agad din binura. Something about me converting (acting like he won, pfft). Magrereact sana ako kaso nakatulog ako bigla (hit the diablo 3 stamina limit). Paggising ko ala na yung post.

Conservativism, ayos lang sana kung di nakakasagabal sa development ng bansa. Kaso hindi e. The progress is mostly limited by conservative stances (mainly religion-related). Stem cell research, contraception, and several others, limited by these conservative stances. Heck, even trivial matters like a well known artist willing to do business in this country is being targeted (to no avail, religion pwned). If conservativism is one of the dead weights impeding progress, then we need to get rid of it, if not placed where it belongs, up conservatives' asses.

Oh, sorry. Yes, that would be religious conservativism.

Thank you for clarifying.

Going back to this...
Speaking of the fall of conservativism, ano opinion nyo dun? A good or bad thing?

For the Philippines it is not only a good thing it is the best thing.

Just this morning in the news,
PNoy meeting with INC not prompted by lobbying
more info here http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/-depth/05/21/12/pnoy-meeting-inc-not-prompted-lobbying,
Aquino met with Iglesia leader, explained 'necessity' of Corona impeachment
more info here http://www.interaksyon.com/article/...der-explained-necessity-of-corona-impeachment.

Questions:
1. So why does the president of the republic needs to pay a courtesy call to the head minister of the Iglesia ni Cristo in person? Isn't it the convention is you pay a courtesy call to the president, not the other way around?
2. Why does the president need to explain this to a religious group?

Benefits without (Negative with Religious Conservatism)

1. Stronger Democratic Institutions (Inutile Democracy).
Catholic bishops and Iglesia ni Cristo power plays and political tripping, disenfranchises the rights of ordinary citizens. EDSA II, people power threats, replaced democratic institutions. Iglesia ni Cristo protecting a Chief Justice that enjoys benefits from PAL, while handling a supreme court case involving PAL. If this is Japan, chief justice Corona would have committed seppuku a long time ago.

2. Equal Opportunity(Padrino System)
The culture of padrino system exists because they are fostered by the religious institutions, I believe they invented the concept. The ultimate padrinos are the powerful Catholic bishops, Protestant ministers, and Muslim community leaders. They are in power by virtue of their religious standing or culture. A good example is again the case of Chief Justice Corona, he is being "favored and protected" by the Catholic bishops and the Iglesia ni Cristo.

3. Legislative Reform(Legislative Deadlock)
The RH bill and divorce bill are stalled by two things. First is, due highly influential religious lobby; and the second, is the fear of a religious backlash.

4. and many more...

We must strengthen the separation of church and state. Secularism please!

@renma

oops, when i said "Yours is loosing ground..." it is not directed to you but to conservativists... nadirediretso lang yung paragraph ko...my bad hehe

^ agree agree agree! so do we have a concensus now? a stronger stance shan't we?

Last edited:
@renma

oops, when i said "Yours is loosing ground..." it is not directed to you but to conservativists... nadirediretso lang yung paragraph ko...my bad hehe

^ agree agree agree! so do we have a concensus now? a stronger stance shan't we?

Hehehe, understood naman yun.

@greyhame: Mas maganda pa siguro kung papalitan mo ng "Albert" yung mga "Me" at "I"--baka mas may impact sa mga suggestible. ;P

Nice, magandang usapan na naman to. :D

Conservativism of any form, even from its loosest definition, is the antithesis to progress, as by its very nature it holds traditions and non-change of utmost value. Obviously that's going to be a losing battle because change IS inevitable. The only way I see any kind of value in it if it provides a check against blind progress that does not take into account what already is in place. I think a decent general example would be extreme conservativism vs. blind capitalistic progress vs. sustainable development. (May sense ba yun? :P)

But when it comes to religion, which is founded on tradition and universality, there's very little give (if any at all). If a religion were to recognize that it does need to adjust in the face of reason-based progress, the sense of functional redundancy threatens it. It knows that it would lose its value, so it strives all the more to convince everyone it can that it DOES have value, and because it can't seem to coexist with more rational worldviews, it ends up insisting that it is the ONLY one with value.

If it can't win by reason alone (and of course it won't!) then it needs to resort to strength by numbers, and what better way to do that than by having a government which administers to an entire country in a chokehold? And therein lies the challenge now: How can you manage to convince an entire zombie-horde that there is a better way when there are so few of you? (especially when quite a few of those people seem to think that sheer number alone makes something right) Nakakadepress isipin. :P

From my favorite comedian
A Holiday Message from Ricky Gervais (this was written in dec. 19, 2010)
Why don’t you believe in God? I get that question all the time. I always try to give a sensitive, reasoned answer. This is usually awkward, time consuming and pointless. People who believe in God don’t need proof of his existence, and they certainly don’t want evidence to the contrary. They are happy with their belief. They even say things like “it’s true to me” and “it’s faith.” I still give my logical answer because I feel that not being honest would be patronizing and impolite. It is ironic therefore that “I don’t believe in God because there is absolutely no scientific evidence for his existence and from what I’ve heard the very definition is a logical impossibility in this known universe,” comes across as both patronizing and impolite.
Arrogance is another accusation. Which seems particularly unfair. Science seeks the truth. And it does not discriminate. For better or worse it finds things out. Science is humble. It knows what it knows and it knows what it doesn’t know. It bases its conclusions and beliefs on hard evidence -- evidence that is constantly updated and upgraded. It doesn’t get offended when new facts come along. It embraces the body of knowledge. It doesn’t hold on to medieval practices because they are tradition. If it did, you wouldn’t get a shot of penicillin, you’d pop a leach down your trousers and pray. Whatever you “believe,” this is not as effective as medicine. Again you can say, “It works for me,” but so do placebos. My point being, I’m saying God doesn’t exist. I’m not saying faith doesn’t exist. I know faith exists. I see it all the time. But believing in something doesn’t make it true. Hoping that something is true doesn’t make it true. The existence of God is not subjective. He either exists or he doesn’t. It’s not a matter of opinion. You can have your own opinions. But you can’t have your own facts.
You can read more here.
Later, he wrote another essay:Why I'm a Good Christian.
Read them if you've time; they're funny and pithy.

Last edited:
Lupet ng "Why I'm a Good Christian" ah. Theists gonna hate (kase maraming zapul)

Natawa ako dun sa sinabi niya na--
The commandment could equally be, You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in "vanity" e.g. when your enemy is hurt or defeated saying, "that's God's wrath," or when you win an award saying, "thank God." This is using his name in vanity. It's suggesting that you KNOW that God helped you win that award because you deserved it more, or because he was on your side. It's always tickled me that God would have a favourite actor at The Golden Globes.
Kaya siguro nung last na golden globe, wala ng nag-"Thank you, Jesus!" na mga nanalo. =)

im reading some "Anti-Christ/Science Books" but thats it, and its all about knowledge.. im sticking with my religion..

@greyhame: Mas maganda pa siguro kung papalitan mo ng "Albert" yung mga "Me" at "I"--baka mas may impact sa mga suggestible. ;P

Nice, magandang usapan na naman to. :D

Conservativism of any form, even from its loosest definition, is the antithesis to progress, as by its very nature it holds traditions and non-change of utmost value. Obviously that's going to be a losing battle because change IS inevitable. The only way I see any kind of value in it if it provides a check against blind progress that does not take into account what already is in place. I think a decent general example would be extreme conservativism vs. blind capitalistic progress vs. sustainable development. (May sense ba yun? :P)

I for one favor conservatism for a power that represents the greater good - or you could say lesser evil.

What nation in the world is more charitable that there is the United States of America? Together with Japan they are the greatest giver and sharers of human achievement and liberty.

We are fortunate that we live in the golden age of American power. They will only remain as such, as long as the majority of their citizens remain conservative. To be more specific, in my analysis, progressive conservatives.

The last time this happened to humanity was 2000 years ago with the Roman Empire. Under her rule, a slave can work hard and earn his right to become a free man. The Roman Empire was weakened because of liberalism, something that is starting to affect America right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom