Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
:lol:

sayang di ko napanood... mukhang interesting kasi yung book, hehe nakita ko lang

Most of us here are (I hope) familiar with Carl Sagan's Demon-Haunted World, the book responsible for making a lot of people escape the shackles of superstition and ignorance.
I've been re-reading it recently (was downed by flu for a few days), and I came across "the Baloney Detection Kit," and it made me smile.
I looked for a copy online (the chapter where this part is found) so I can share this to my fellow skeptics, and here it is: The Fine Art of Baloney Detection
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/saganbd.htm

its been a while, ngayon ko lang ulit narinig yang baloney.
third eye - baloney
faith healing - baloney
trinity - baloney
basically more than half of the thread topics are baloney.

^Sama na rin jan yung tungkol sa mga kulam.

To those who think they have a supernatural ability, James Randi issued the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge several years ago to any "eligible applicants who can demonstrate a supernatural ability under an agreed-upon scientific testing criteria."
So far, the prize is still up for grabs.
I posted a link to James Randi's site on the "himala" thread few weeks ago.
I don't know if anybody applied, though. =)

The Baloney Detection Kit: don't leave home without it.

hahaha..at least may bago tayo topic.

I miss PR tuloy, the man without P.R. hehehe

Everything in this world has "meaning" or "role" talaga :lol:

Last edited:
curious lang po ts , pano po ba nagkaron ng mga ateist ? others said na masama daw yang ganyan because being an ateist is like surpassing god's knowledge or abilities ? so ano po ba ung sa side nyo .. :thanks: po sa sagot ..

curious lang po ts , pano po ba nagkaron ng mga ateist ? others said na masama daw yang ganyan because being an ateist is like surpassing god's knowledge or abilities ? so ano po ba ung sa side nyo .. :thanks: po sa sagot ..

first of all, may proof ka ba na na meron god?

second, you can argue that all people are born atheist. Si tarzan until makita nya ang mga witch doctor ng african tribes or until nakausap nya si Jane, for sure wala syang religion

third. ikaw, ang question mo na yan, by some finger presses pumunta sa millions of people around the world via the net. would that constitute godly powers from the vantage point of primitive man?

btw, matagal na meron atheist

Cārvāka, an atheistic school of Indian philosophy, traces its origins to 600 BCE, while some claim earlier references to such positions.[15] Cārvākas rejected metaphysical concepts like reincarnation, afterlife, extracorporeal soul, efficacy of religious rites, other world (heaven and hell), fate, and accumulation of merit or demerit through the performance of certain actions. Cārvākas also refused to ascribe supernatural causes to describe natural phenomena.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism_in_Hinduism

Last edited:

On a better known topic, buddhism can also be considered as a form of atheism and it existed quite far back.

Paano nagkaroon ng atheism or the like? By actually making use of logical reasoning and opening the mind to other possibilities other than what was spoonfed by other people.

A supposedly omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent almighty god worried about a creation that can surpass him? Then he fails in three of the aforementioned qualities: omnipotent, omniscient, and almighty. To glorify the said flaw in the supposedly perfect notion about this god, anything that is deemed as act of doubt or disbelief is considered evil, most likely to discourage people in doing so.

Sunod sunod na naman ang bagyo ah... so i guess kinakalabit na naman ni Lord ang favorite country nya sa Asia para magbalik loob. Damay nga lang yun di naniniwala sa kanya. At taon taon kung mangalabit. Natataon pa lagi sa rainy season.

:p

Hi! I'm an atheist :)
What a coincidence! So am I. =)
What made you become one?

Share ko lang: Deepak Chopra using scientific-sounding words to advance his new age spiritualist ideas.
Do you believe in God? In most surveys, about nine out of ten Americans respond in the affirmative. The other ten percent provide a variety of answers, including a favorite among skeptics and atheists, “which God?,” spoken in a smarmy manner and followed by a litany of deities: Aphrodite, Amon Ra, Apollo, Baal, Brahma, Ganesha, Isis, Mithras, Osiris, Shiva, Thor, Vishnu, Wotan, and Zeus. “We’re all atheists of these gods,” goes the denouement, “some of us go one god further.”
I have debated many a theologian who make the traditional arguments for God’s existence: the cosmological argument (prime mover, first cause), the teleological argument (the universe’s order and design), the ontological argument (if it is logically possible for God to exist then God exists), the anthropic argument (the fine-tuned characteristics of nature), the moral argument (awareness of right and wrong), and others. These are all reasons to believe if you already believe; if you do not already believe these reasons ring hollow and have been refuted by philosophers from David Hume to Daniel Dennett.
Here is the whole article: http://www.skepticblog.org/2010/09/21/is-god-a-nonlocal-quantum-mind/

Last edited:

Hehehe, kanino mo narinig yan? And ano ba tingin mo jan, is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Sounds like a typical brainwashing to me. XD

Hehehe, kanino mo narinig yan? And ano ba tingin mo jan, is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Sounds like a typical brainwashing to me. XD
People have some serious misunderstanding of what atheists are.

curious lang po ts , pano po ba nagkaron ng mga ateist ? others said na masama daw yang ganyan because being an ateist is like surpassing god's knowledge or abilities ? so ano po ba ung sa side nyo .. po sa sagot ..
For example, sino ang sumukat ng god's knowledge and abilities?
What is the threshold, na pag nalampasan mo, atheist ka?
And if his intelligence and abilities are easily surpassed, what kind of god is he, and why is he god?
Here's a few links about atheism: http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutatheism/a/BeginnersBasics.htm
http://www.infidels.org/library/mod...infidels.org/library/modern/mathew/intro.html
From the point of view naman of christians:
http://carm.org/what-is-atheism
I used google. Perhaps the fellow who asked can also do some research of his own.

Nak ng kamote! Traffic na naman nito sa may EDSA. Bwisit na CBCP yan.

nyahahahaha

magbaon ka kasi molotov or fart bomb para madisperse! :lol:

Hindi naman ako dun dadaan pero dahil sa rerouting pati ako naperwisyo.

Agnostic..there's nothing wrong in believing in God;)

Hindi naman ako dun dadaan pero dahil sa rerouting pati ako naperwisyo.

Speaking of the rally thingie, may kumakalat na image ng isang anti RH bill person holding a banner that says "yes to saved sex, no to safe sex".

Saved sex, as for the defenders of the said advocacy (lapdogs of the church), means saving sex for marriage. Safe sex means contraception, which means killing a living being for them (defies logic).

Kung ayaw nila sa safe sex, e di huwag nila gawin, huwag na sana mandamay ng mga alang paki sa advocacy nila...

Let's see their kids starve once their family size booms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom