Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
^- rakenroll. Ayun pala title nun. Thanks madam.

panooring ko nga sa YT

just read it somewhere during the last german oktoberfest. beer connoisseur yung author, at yun nga sabi nya ang pinakamasarap daw na beer wala sa market. samantalang tayo solve na sa red horse at smb, hehe. tho i notice marami na beer sa mga notable spirits stores satin ha.

sa tindahan namin sa bahay redhorse at SMB padin :lol:

oo dumadami na nga yung mga beer dito e, pero gusto ko padin yung tubig (redhorse at smb) :lol:

@Ryu

libre sa healthcard ko ct scan hehe...

sa Wursty wursty, now ko lang naalala yung name :)

180 ataa yung ottenger (diko alam spelling) pero masarap naman. chill lang yung place.

Been doing some backreading during my very scarce free time. Kulang revicon/cobra/sting/extra joss/redbull/robust sa scheds ko lately sa sobrang dami ng trabaho both sa office and home (para sa madudumi isip jan, may take home work po ako :D). Si robust... Di ko alam kung pano siya nasama. Anyway, sayang di ko naabutan yung juicy parts, especially with the ADD person (you know, one of those sects with volatile preachers).

Been doing some backreading during my very scarce free time. Kulang revicon/cobra/sting/extra joss/redbull/robust sa scheds ko lately sa sobrang dami ng trabaho both sa office and home (para sa madudumi isip jan, may take home work po ako :D). Si robust... Di ko alam kung pano siya nasama. Anyway, sayang di ko naabutan yung juicy parts, especially with the ADD person (you know, one of those sects with volatile preachers).

Hi sayang nga hindi mo inabutan! hehehe be active kasi sa THREAD nyo,Tambay din pag may time! ;)

Dumadami na daw pala kayo, Ask ko lang sa mga Atheist dito, do you participate sa census? kagaya this month may national census na ginaganap diba?? So ano sinasabi nyo sa statistician regarding sa religious affiliation nyo?? Do you just pretend to be a believer kung sakaling kasal kayo sa simbahan??? Tanong lang naman. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Padaan po uli... Throwback lang po muna... Yan ata yung preacher na pinatutungkulan nung isa dito. ;)

Last edited:
Hi sayang nga hindi mo inabutan! hehehe be active kasi sa THREAD nyo,Tambay din pag may time! ;)

Dumadami na daw pala kayo, Ask ko lang sa mga Atheist dito, do you participate sa census? kagaya this month may national census na ginaganap diba?? So ano sinasabi nyo sa statistician regarding sa religious affiliation nyo?? Do you just pretend to be a believer kung sakaling kasal kayo sa simbahan??? Tanong lang naman. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Padaan po uli... Throwback lang po muna... Yan ata yung preacher na pinatutungkulan nung isa dito. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6no-iz3Ehc

I am one of the long-lasting hobos in this thread. Nung medjo free pa sched ko active ako dito. Now, working 2 jobs, (3 if you count being a husband), I seldom have time to stick around. Sorry naman. Ahahaha

I dunno about atheists. I don't even know about my fellow agnostics either. Belief aside, most non-believers don't really care much about how other non-believers live their beliefs.

Me, kasal ako sa isang catholic (in paper, but in actuality, catechist siya by belief) woman. I let her be what she wants to be, it's her belief. And no, di naman bawal sa belief nya ang mag-asawa ng kagaya ko, so why pretend? If she can do that, what more kung ako pa?

I am an agnostic. I can lean over both sides of the coin (theistic and atheistic points of view), but not settle on either side. Since leaving the INC, never ko dineny ang pagiging agnostic ko. I don't flaunt it since I'm not one of the dickheads who like shoving beliefs down other people's throats. I only react when I encounter such dickheads (sadly, most are christians).

Dumadami ang non-believers since the society is now starting to accept the viewpoints of non-believers, albeit in baby steps. But just like gay people, non-believers will also get discriminated/ostracized against by most believers of antiquated belief if they come out of hiding, mostly composed of "neighbor-loving" christians, and followed by "peaceful" muslims by a huge margin. Yep, your beloved sect is no different.

In fact, of all sects I've done some talking to preachers to, ADD (mcgi for you folks, but ADD is much easier to remember for most people) had given me the worst experience. When cornered in a question turned debate, the OIC I talked to went ballistic. It got even worse when he found out I was an agnostic. Most of believers lump us agnostics with atheists, anti-christs and satanists, which is extremely stupid, by the way, since my belief and the other ones are entirely different, and this guy, despite being a preacher, doesn't seem to know better, adding to the amusement.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not generalizing all preachers since, I'm not sure if the other guy who passed by us is also a preacher, but while having a very amusing discussion, he recognised me (I belong to a very politically connected clan in my town, so a lot of people actually know us), whispered to the ballistic guy (who suddenly turned pale, sweaty and silent after that) and politely apologized in his behalf. First impressions last, and given your leader's predisposition towards non-believers in addition to this guy and my personal experience dealing with that guy, even if they are a small minority, I'd rather steer clear of your sect.

Last edited:
Atheist din ang agnostic unless agnostic theist ka. There's no absolute neutrality on a philosophical standpoint. It's either you're a theist or an atheist. "Atheist" is just a word used to refer to a person who is 'not a theist' which is its literal meaning.

Atheist din ang agnostic unless agnostic theist ka. There's no absolute neutrality on a philosophical standpoint. It's either you're a theist or an atheist. "Atheist" is just a word used to refer to a person who is 'not a theist' which is its literal meaning.

what is wrong with some other christians eh mga hindi open minded..yung tipong isipin na sila ang TAMA at hindi man lang marunong tumanggap ng pagkakamali..even though itinuturo ang kababaang loob..

mga hindi marunong tumimbang ng paliwanag..

hindi naman lahat.. sa totoo lang kasi pwede naman magkasundo ang atheist at theist eh...isa lang ang kailangan..ang salitang RESPETO.. so far never ako nakakita ng ATHEIST na nag IMPOSE ng mga beliefs nila sa mga discussions ng nagpapakilalang christians.. jan pa lang malalaman na natin kung sino ang may respeto at sino ang wala....

what is wrong with some other christians eh mga hindi open minded..yung tipong isipin na sila ang TAMA at hindi man lang marunong tumanggap ng pagkakamali..even though itinuturo ang kababaang loob..

hindi naman lahat.. sa totoo lang kasi pwede naman magkasundo ang atheist at theist eh...isa lang ang kailangan..ang salitang RESPETO.. so far never ako nakakita ng ATHEIST na nag IMPOSE ng mga beliefs nila sa mga discussions ng nagpapakilalang christians.. jan pa lang malalaman na natin kung sino ang may respeto at sino ang wala....

Paano naging relevant sa post ko yang reply mo?

In fact, of all sects I've done some talking to preachers to, ADD (mcgi for you folks, but ADD is much easier to remember for most people), had given me the worst experience. When cornered in a question turned debate, the OIC I talked to went ballistic. It got even worse when he found out I was an agnostic. Most of believers lump us agnostics with atheists, anti-christs and satanists, which is extremely stupid, by the way, since the mine and the other ones have entirely different beliefs, and this guy, despite being a preacher, doesn't seem to know better, adding to the amusement.
I'm being branded with that. They even accused that I possess the power of the demons. Bloody hell.

Ahhh now I'm confused. Allow me to define it again. Atheism is the actual denial of any supreme entities. Agnosticism is
a neutral standpoint where you neither believe nor disbelieve in a god because of the given limitation of human knowledge. (That's my definition, please correct me fellas.)

Now, if you combine the two.. Agnostic Atheist is that a person does not believe in a god because it's existence is still unknown. Most of us here, including me --- are classified under this category

Clear already?

Uhh, could you please not use the phrase "open-minded" ? Iba kasi naiisip ko sa word na yan eh ... Hehehe peace.

Well, in my case -- sa fiance ko -- I don't force her to go into atheism. But she always... always convinces me to go back into the catholic faith. Yun nga lang hirap sya kumbinsihin ako. Muwehehehe

Using the definition I used earlier, I told her na if you can bring the scientists the evidence that are overwhelming -- then we'll believe or even accept.

Religous arguments and philosophical standpoints doesn't literally equate to evidence.

There is no absolute neutrality, if there are defined conclusions to consider. Agnostics are neutral in a sense that there are no infallible conclusions presented by either side. While there are no definite answers, we are in the gray area. We differ from atheists in a sense that they are sure there are no supreme beings, we agnostics cannot completely agree to that yet since there are still missing links. Simple example:

Is there a god?

Atheists: no
Theists: yes
Agnostics: (to both sides) prove it

That's why there are subcategories for agnostics too. Atheist agnostics are agnostics that lean more towards atheist beliefs, but they are not certain yet. Theist agnostics lean towards the other side of the spectrum, yet they are not sure yet.

Ahhh now I'm confused. Allow me to define it again. Atheism is the actual denial of any supreme entities. Agnosticism is
a neutral standpoint where you neither believe nor disbelieve in a god because of the given limitation of human knowledge. (That's my definition, please correct me fellas.)

Now, if you combine the two.. Agnostic Atheist is that a person does not believe in a god because it's existence is still unknown. Most of us here, including me --- are classified under this category

Clear already?

No. Atheism is not just "a denial of any supreme entities." That definition specifically refers to only one form of atheism - postive atheism. Atheism, in the general sense, is simply a "lack of belief" in any deities. Agnosticism, on the other hand, is an epistemological position, not a theological one. Atheism and agnosticism are dealing with separate issues. Agnosticism is not a neutral position between theism and atheism. The neutral position between belief (theism) and disbelief (positive atheism) is "lack of belief" which is already covered by atheism. You cannot be between atheism and theism simply by the basic Law of Excluded Middle. You cannot be neither something and its logical negation. Atheism is the logical negation of theism. If you aren't a theist, you are an atheist, by definition. There's no middle ground between.

There is no absolute neutrality, if there are defined conclusions to consider. Agnostics are neutral in a sense that there are no infallible conclusions presented by either side. While there are no definite answers, we are in the gray area. We differ from atheists in a sense that they are sure there are no supreme beings, we agnostics cannot completely agree to that yet since there are still missing links. Simple example:

Is there a god?

Atheists: no
Theists: yes
Agnostics: (to both sides) prove it

That's why there are subcategories for agnostics too. Atheist agnostics are agnostics that lean more towards atheist beliefs, but they are not certain yet. Theist agnostics lean towards the other side of the spectrum, yet they are not sure yet.

Most agnostiscs have problem with the label "atheist" because of the stigma attached to it. But it's only a word used to refer to a person who is not a theist. So even if you claim to hold a neutral position on belief in God you are nonetheless indeed an atheist. There is no judge or rule book for who is or isn't because the word is descriptive. You don't even have to agree to be an atheist or claim to be one. In fact, you can call yourself anything and deny being one all day and yet if you don't believe in God you still are one. All it takes is to believe in God to NOT be an atheist. Atheism (lack of belief) is the default position.

Most people think that there is only one kind of atheist: the people who actually believe that there is no god, and they’re sure of it (gnostic atheists). But there are many other kinds of atheists. There are positive and negative atheists. Implicit and explicit atheists. Gnostic and agnostic atheists. (Some of these types overlap each other) Most self-avowed agnostics already fall under one of these subcategories of atheism. Wikipedia has an article on these terms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_and_positive_atheism

According to this categorization, anyone who is not a theist is either a negative or a positive atheist.

Under this demarcation of atheism, most agnostics qualify as negative atheists.

Last edited:
I am one of the long-lasting hobos in this thread. Nung medjo free pa sched ko active ako dito. Now, working 2 jobs, (3 if you count being a husband), I seldom have time to stick around. Sorry naman. Ahahaha

I dunno about atheists. I don't even know about my fellow agnostics either. Belief aside, most non-believers don't really care much about how other non-believers live their beliefs.

Me, kasal ako sa isang catholic (in paper, but in actuality, catechist siya by belief) woman. I let her be what she wants to be, it's her belief. And no, di naman bawal sa belief nya ang mag-asawa ng kagaya ko, so why pretend? If she can do that, what more kung ako pa?

I am an agnostic. I can lean over both sides of the coin (theistic and atheistic points of view), but not settle on either side. Since leaving the INC, never ko dineny ang pagiging agnostic ko. I don't flaunt it since I'm not one of the dickheads who like shoving beliefs down other people's throats. I only react when I encounter such dickheads (sadly, most are christians).

Dumadami ang non-believers since the society is now starting to accept the viewpoints of non-believers, albeit in baby steps. But just like gay people, non-believers will also get discriminated/ostracized against by most believers of antiquated belief if they come out of hiding, mostly composed of "neighbor-loving" christians, and followed by "peaceful" muslims by a huge margin. Yep, your beloved sect is no different.

In fact, of all sects I've done some talking to preachers to, ADD (mcgi for you folks, but ADD is much easier to remember for most people) had given me the worst experience. When cornered in a question turned debate, the OIC I talked to went ballistic. It got even worse when he found out I was an agnostic. Most of believers lump us agnostics with atheists, anti-christs and satanists, which is extremely stupid, by the way, since my belief and the other ones are entirely different, and this guy, despite being a preacher, doesn't seem to know better, adding to the amusement.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not generalizing all preachers since, I'm not sure if the other guy who passed by us is also a preacher, but while having a very amusing discussion, he recognised me (I belong to a very politically connected clan in my town, so a lot of people actually know us), whispered to the ballistic guy (who suddenly turned pale, sweaty and silent after that) and politely apologized in his behalf. First impressions last, and given your leader's predisposition towards non-believers in addition to this guy and my personal experience dealing with that guy, even if they are a small minority, I'd rather steer clear of your sect.

I'm sorry about your worst experience with a believer, But I don't know the circumstances of your conversation why it turned out to be the worst experience of your life with a believer, Why did that OIC you talked to went ballistic? You see there are recorded conversations of Bro Eli to a non-believer an example is the video I posted, It was a healthy conversation I believe. ;)

Now why that OIC you talked to was cheesed off? maybe because there are two types of questioning, one is you don't really know the answer to the question and the other is who already have his answer to his question but still asking just to question the answer of the one he's asking, Ika nga magkaiba kasi ang nagtatanong sa tumatanong, So maybe that's the reason why it ended up to a debate, but I was not there when it happened so I can't judge on that I'm just assuming... But don't worry we will never point a gun to you even if you mock what we believe, It is natural for humans to get angry, most likely if there are reasons to, just like you you react when you encounter dickheads as you state it right? ;)

Now as I've said before we don't believe that atheists or agnostics are satanist you are correct that it's extreme stupidity! ;)

About discrimination, You cannot throw that to us because at the first place, when we do charitable works or helping those are in need we never ask about their belief. ;)

It is but natural in humans to have enemies because of the differences they have, enemies in terms of you are not mutual in principles etc. that is why there is what we call debate, arguments, etc, but not to the extent of killing those who are against what you believe. ;)

Yes indeed first impression last, if you will only look to the mistake a person has done to you... Maybe you will not be able to appreciate the goodness in that person.

Just my thoughts... ;)

No. Atheism is not just "a denial of any supreme entities." That definition specifically refers to only one form of atheism - postive atheism. Atheism, in the general sense, is simply a "lack of belief" in any deities. Agnosticism, on the other hand, is an epistemological position, not a theological one. Atheism and agnosticism are dealing with separate issues. Agnosticism is not a neutral position between theism and atheism. The neutral position between belief (theism) and disbelief (positive atheism) is "lack of belief" which is already covered by atheism. You cannot be between atheism and theism simply by the basic Law of Excluded Middle. You cannot be neither something and its logical negation. Atheism is the logical negation of theism. If you aren't a theist, you are an atheist, by definition. There's no middle ground between.

Using your statements --- let's say I'm a theist for example.

I believe in a god or gods but -- how do i/we know that the god I believe does exist or true for all people?

--
Same thing for Atheism.

I do not believe in a god but how can I be so sure that it does or doesn't exist?

I maybe in a mountain of disbelief. But --- when evidences are quite compelling, I may switch sides.

--
enlighten me.

Using your statements --- let's say I'm a theist for example.

I believe in a god or gods but -- how do i/we know that the god I believe does exist or true for all people?

--
Same thing for Atheism.

I do not believe in a god but how can I be so sure that it does or doesn't exist?

I maybe in a mountain of disbelief. But --- when evidences are quite compelling, I may switch sides.

--
enlighten me.

Theism and atheism deal only with belief. Nothing more, nothing less. Every person alive is either a theist or an atheist. There is no possible third position. There is, however, varying degrees of a/theism. Being uncertain, undecided or apathetic puts you in one of the levels in the spectrum of belief or unbelief, but never in a neutral or third position. On the other hand, gnosticism and agnosticism address knowledge not certainty. Claiming CERTAINTY that a god exists or does not exist is different from claiming to KNOW. Certainty is not knowledge. You can be certain of something but still be wrong.

It's impossible to actually know that no god exists anywhere in the universe much less in a metaphysical reality. Such a claim requires omniscience so those standing on the same ground of making absolute claims without proofs (gnostic theists and gnostic atheists) are BOTH on intellectual dead-ends.

As for your question about how one can know that a god one believes in does exist? Well, he can't absolutely know and he doesn't need to since belief or lack thereof doesn't require knowledge. However, one's belief must still be grounded in facts for it be considered justified/reasonable.

padaan po mga ka Atis,,, nyahahaha nag uumpisa nanaman palang mag apoy yung dalawang panig sa labas.

11535846_905583459516140_8173797017115307053_n.jpg

Hindi ko pa ata naabutan or naexperience tong census na ito :lol: or baka nakalimutan ko lang nung bata ako.

Anyways to answer your question, ilalagay ko kung anong religion ko, which is catholic. I am catholic by papers naman, and besides wala naman mawawala saken kung ilalagay ko iyon. Unless pwede ng ilagay ang salitang "non-beliver" "atheist" "agnostic" etc. :)

Isa ka ng alamat dito @Ren :lol: btw, nice share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom