Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
just passing by to ask> do atheist, agnostics believe in spiritual possession of human. what is their view of mass spiritual possession (local term "sanib. Sinaniban) like when a whole class in a room was possessed,? and if meron naba sa inyong may experience nito? just curious kasi i once personally saw someone who was possessed after a few minutes yung sa kabilang bahay naman then the other woman on the adjacent street. four persons in different houses at the same time.

Last edited:
just passing by to ask> do atheist, agnostics believe in spiritual possession of human. what is their view of mass spiritual possession (local term "sanib. Sinaniban) like when a whole class in a room was possessed,? and if meron naba sa inyong may experience nito? just curious kasi i once personally saw someone who was possessed after a few minutes yung sa kabilang bahay naman then the other woman on the adjacent street. four persons in different houses at the same time.

Sorry to be so lazy today, but having come across this matter a few times past, I will just lift a good reply from a source, to wit:

What was once thought of as "demon possession" is now generally thought of as either a mental or extreme physical illness (or a combination). Multiple Personality Disorder is a great example. People who suffer from MPD have multiple "selves" that they are not consciously aware of. Parts of their brain simply don't communicate with the rest of them. Some of them even have the ability to do things that the other "selves" are completely incapable of, such as playing a musical instrument or speaking French. Bipolar disorder is another one that was once thought to be caused by demons, because people who suffer from bipolar disorder generally experience extreme personality shifts for little or no reason.

Similarly, diseases like cerebral palsy and epilepsy were all once thought to be caused by demon possession, because the victim had no physical control of their actions during an episode.

Schizophrenia is another common demon disease because those who suffer are prone to seeing things, hearing things, and having experiences that simply are not there or did not take place. It is an incredibly sad disease as it affects the victim's sense of reality completely.

People who are worked into a psychotic frenzy often exhibit extraordinary behavior for a normal human. They are incredibly strong and violent. Hence, the use of straight jackets or sedatives on people who are prone to extreme psychotic breakdown.

Additionally, I think it would be best to profile all these people who suffer from some form of possession. I suspect there is going to be some clear pattern somewhere.

Curiously, I have personally experienced seeing people I know suffer from being possessed. Back in my elementary days, I had a classmate who intermittently suffer from some form of possession during our classes, mouth frothing and all, mind you. To cut the long story short, she was sent to many institutions, until it was found out that the girl usually skips mealtimes, an act that finally had such debilitating effect on her. Another true story: a lass in our province once became known for climbing atop her house rooftop howling naked and all, and usually during full moons, which had such eerie effects on the rural village people. What do you know, it later turned out that the husband was one despicable being who regularly left the poor old wife without food for days while he tended to his vices somewhere else, leaving the woman, pregnant at that time, too, to her devices. The rest, as you can see, easily follows.

Last edited:
Sorry to be so lazy today, but having come across this matter a few times past, I will just lift a good reply from a source, to wit:

What was once thought of as "demon possession" is now generally thought of as either a mental or extreme physical illness (or a combination). Multiple Personality Disorder is a great example. People who suffer from MPD have multiple "selves" that they are not consciously aware of. Parts of their brain simply don't communicate with the rest of them. Some of them even have the ability to do things that the other "selves" are completely incapable of, such as playing a musical instrument or speaking French. Bipolar disorder is another one that was once thought to be caused by demons, because people who suffer from bipolar disorder generally experience extreme personality shifts for little or no reason.

Similarly, diseases like cerebral palsy and epilepsy were all once thought to be caused by demon possession, because the victim had no physical control of their actions during an episode.

Schizophrenia is another common demon disease because those who suffer are prone to seeing things, hearing things, and having experiences that simply are not there or did not take place. It is an incredibly sad disease as it affects the victim's sense of reality completely.

People who are worked into a psychotic frenzy often exhibit extraordinary behavior for a normal human. They are incredibly strong and violent. Hence, the use of straight jackets or sedatives on people who are prone to extreme psychotic breakdown.

Additionally, I think it would be best to profile all these people who suffer from some form of possession. I suspect there is going to be some clear pattern somewhere.

Curiously, I have personally experienced seeing people I know suffer from being possessed. Back in my elementary days, I had a classmate who intermittently suffer from some form of possession during our classes, mouth frothing and all, mind you. To cut the long story short, she was sent to many institutions, until it was found out that the girl usually skips mealtimes, an act that finally had such debilitating effect on her. Another true story: a lass in our province once became known for climbing atop her house rooftop howling naked and all, and usually during full moons, which had such eerie effects on the rural village people. What do you know, it later turned out that the husband was one despicable being who regularly left the poor old wife without food for days while he tended to his vices somewhere else, leaving the woman, pregnant at that time, too, to her devices. The rest, as you can see, easily follows.

thanks for giving your time to reply i appreciate your response :);)

thanks for giving your time to reply i appreciate your response :);)

Welcome.

On second thought, I would have liked for there to be some spirit world (and thus all these demonic/spirit possessions calling for would-be heroes, of course) out there and some magic reality. Why? Just for the heck of it. Spice up the world I think for romantics out there. :) Science is cool, but magic may be cooler.... No wonder Hollywood and all anime lovers are so caught up in those make-believe worlds. :)

Minsan naiinis ako kapag nakakarinig ng word na "Dasal lang" minsan sinasabi ko rin yan kasi puro katoliko kausap, napapaisip tuloy ako na ano ba talaga dapat kung gawin ipagpapatuloy ko ba ung tinanim sa utak ko na may dyos haha nakakalito sarap pumunta ng america para walang makialam.

Stormer has all the points.

Typically, it's rural, provincial or tradional settings where people goes for easy explanations and ignorance of common knowledge that we enjoy today.

I could say that it's Mass Hysteria. A medical term that the same physical symptoms may appear on more than one person

Substance abuse. Demons are likely to whisper things like --- jump into a 10 storey building and fly like a superhero

Psychological problems could be a big factor.

My answer could be under the influence of extreme starvation, psychological trauma or substance abuse. :)

Minsan naiinis ako kapag nakakarinig ng word na "Dasal lang" minsan sinasabi ko rin yan kasi puro katoliko kausap, napapaisip tuloy ako na ano ba talaga dapat kung gawin ipagpapatuloy ko ba ung tinanim sa utak ko na may dyos haha nakakalito sarap pumunta ng america para walang makialam.
Mas malala sa America kasi dumadami na din ang makulit doon.

Intercessory prayer doesn't work for me. Here are my points.
1. It usually doesn't go with any god's plan. It interferes. I'm usually praying for world domination or a nuclear holocaust. lol.
2. It's a yes, no and wait --- most of the time, wait. And I hate waiting --- waiting for a long time. What happened to the omnipotence and omniscience?
3. If he is omnipotent, why not grant it with a flick of a finger, provided that i'm a genuine believer? Why does it need a great deal of effort in my end?
4. In connection to #1 -- If I prayed that my enemy would be killed instantly and it happened --- does it mean, it's under his plan? What happened to omnibenevolence?
5. I hate this all the time -- prayer before/after meals - you should be thanking the farmers and the people who cooked your food instead of the invisible being that doesn't give a fck.

Although I respect their beliefs, I just stand up. Pero I don't bow.

So there.

Mas malala sa America kasi dumadami na din ang makulit doon.

Intercessory prayer doesn't work for me. Here are my points.
1. It usually doesn't go with any god's plan. It interferes. I'm usually praying for world domination or a nuclear holocaust. lol.
2. It's a yes, no and wait --- most of the time, wait. And I hate waiting --- waiting for a long time. What happened to the omnipotence and omniscience?
3. If he is omnipotent, why not grant it with a flick of a finger, provided that i'm a genuine believer? Why does it need a great deal of effort in my end?
4. In connection to #1 -- If I prayed that my enemy would be killed instantly and it happened --- does it mean, it's under his plan? What happened to omnibenevolence?
5. I hate this all the time -- prayer before/after meals - you should be thanking the farmers and the people who cooked your food instead of the invisible being that doesn't give a fck.

Although I respect their beliefs, I just stand up. Pero I don't bow.

So there.

Maraming Psycopath sa America.

Mahirap tumira sa America di natin alam kung sino sa kanila ang Psychopath. Panoorin niyo lang yung horror suspense movie puro may kinalaman sa Psychopath lalo na ang Blair Witch Project at Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

hello sa mga atheist at agnostic dito:lol::hi:

ano pala masasabi niyo na mayroon ng satanic church sa colombia ngayon?

No comment lang ako dun. It doesn't affect to me kung may nag-eexist na ganun church. Ang masasabi ko lang tao pa rin ang tingin ko sa kanila.

just the right country to harvest the souls of drug cartel honchos all over the place. colombia drug cartels + satanic church = one combustible mix :lol:

Last edited:
^:lol: never thought about drugs a while back but youre right :lol:

I have past thru one video of a satanic ritual in Detroit
I kind of admire what's on the transcript of the speech :lol:

a part of which i like best: For too many,
religion has become an excuse to exclude, the hate,
and
to destroy one another

^ satanic cults are not the devils the mass-hysteria culture popularly paints them to be. more often than not they espouse issues more intelligently than many of those entrenched in power and influence do. of course churchmen and religious bigots will always have their say: satanists are tricksters, after all, say the bible-wielding fanatical hordes.

Last edited:
Hello guys! :)

Medyo naiirita na ako sa FB ko ngayon, dami ko nakikitang INC na nagpopost na iboycot si ABS-CBN because of issues about sa kanila na nabobroadcast ng ABSCBN...

Although i admit for some issues (non INC) e may pagkabiased sila, especially on the Presidential candidates... but for the INC exposing them, i find it weird...

wala lang nashare ko lang :lol:

It doesn't matter. It is just a business.

It is another diversion for the current issues.

Hello guys! :)

Medyo naiirita na ako sa FB ko ngayon, dami ko nakikitang INC na nagpopost na iboycot si ABS-CBN because of issues about sa kanila na nabobroadcast ng ABSCBN...

Although i admit for some issues (non INC) e may pagkabiased sila, especially on the Presidential candidates... but for the INC exposing them, i find it weird...

wala lang nashare ko lang :lol:

i actually received an sms about that:lol: as if asking us to boycott would do any good:lol: and would stop abs cbn from its biases :lol:

God or Atheism — Which Is More Rational?
---PETER KREEFT

The conclusion that God exists doesn't require faith. Atheism requires faith.​

Is it rational to believe in God? Many people think that faith and reason are opposites; that belief in God and tough-minded logical reasoning are like oil and water. They are wrong. Belief in God is far more rational than atheism. Logic can show that there is a God. If you look at the universe with common sense and an open mind, you'll find that it's full of God's fingerprints.

A good place to start is with an argument by Thomas Aquinas, the great 13th century philosopher and theologian. The argument starts with the not-very-startling observation that things move. But nothing moves for no reason. Something must cause that movement, and whatever caused that must be caused by something else, and so on. But this causal chain cannot go backwards forever. It must have a beginning. There must be an unmoved mover to begin all the motion in the universe, a first domino to start the whole chain moving, since mere matter never moves itself.

A modern objection to this argument is that some movements in quantum mechanics — radioactive decay, for example — have no discernible cause. But hang on a second. Just because scientists don't see a cause doesn't mean there isn't one. It just means science hasn't found it yet. Maybe someday they will. But then there will have to be a new cause to explain that one. And so on and so on. But science will never find the first cause. That's no knock on science. It simply means that a first cause lies outside the realm of science.

Another way to explain this argument is that everything that begins must have a cause. Nothing can come from nothing. So if there's no first cause, there can't be second causes — or anything at all. In other words, if there's no creator, there can't be a universe.

But what if the universe were infinitely old, you might ask. Well, all scientists today agree that the universe is not infinitely old — that it had a beginning, in the big bang. If the universe had a beginning, then it didn't have to exist. And things which don't have to exist must have a cause.

There's confirmation of this argument from big-bang cosmology. We now know that all matter, that is, the whole universe, came into existence some 13.7 billion years ago, and it's been expanding and cooling ever since. No scientist doubts that anymore, even though before it was scientifically proved, atheists called it "creationism in disguise". Now, add to this premise a very logical second premise, the principle of causality, that nothing begins without an adequate cause, and you get the conclusion that since there was a big bang, there must be a "big banger".

But is this "big banger" God? Why couldn't it be just another universe? Because Einstein's general theory of relativity says that all time is relative to matter, and since all matter began 13.7 billion years ago, so did all time. So there's no time before the big bang. And even if there is time before the big bang, even if there is a multiverse, that is, many universes with many big bangs, as string theory says is mathematically possible, that too must have a beginning.

An absolute beginning is what most people mean by 'God'. Yet some atheists find the existence of an infinite number of other universes more rational than the existence of a creator. Never mind that there is no empirical evidence at all that any of these unknown universes exists, let alone a thousand or a gazillion.

How far will scientists go to avoid having to conclude that God created the universe? Here's what Stanford physicist Leonard Susskind said: "Real scientists resist the temptation to explain creation by divine intervention. We resist to the death all explanations of the world based on anything but the laws of physics." Yet the father of modern physics, Sir Isaac Newton, believed fervently in God. Was he not a real scientist? Can you believe in God and be a scientist, and not be a fraud? According to Susskind, apparently not. So who exactly are the closed-minded ones in this debate?

The conclusion that God exists doesn't require faith. Atheism requires faith. It takes faith to believe in everything coming from nothing. It takes only reason to believe in everything coming from God. I'm Peter Kreeft, professor of philosophy at Boston College, for Prager University.

God or Atheism — Which Is More Rational?
---PETER KREEFT

The conclusion that God exists doesn't require faith. Atheism requires faith.​

Is it rational to believe in God? Many people think that faith and reason are opposites; that belief in God and tough-minded logical reasoning are like oil and water. They are wrong. Belief in God is far more rational than atheism. Logic can show that there is a God. If you look at the universe with common sense and an open mind, you'll find that it's full of God's fingerprints.

A good place to start is with an argument by Thomas Aquinas, the great 13th century philosopher and theologian. The argument starts with the not-very-startling observation that things move. But nothing moves for no reason. Something must cause that movement, and whatever caused that must be caused by something else, and so on. But this causal chain cannot go backwards forever. It must have a beginning. There must be an unmoved mover to begin all the motion in the universe, a first domino to start the whole chain moving, since mere matter never moves itself.

A modern objection to this argument is that some movements in quantum mechanics — radioactive decay, for example — have no discernible cause. But hang on a second. Just because scientists don't see a cause doesn't mean there isn't one. It just means science hasn't found it yet. Maybe someday they will. But then there will have to be a new cause to explain that one. And so on and so on. But science will never find the first cause. That's no knock on science. It simply means that a first cause lies outside the realm of science.

Another way to explain this argument is that everything that begins must have a cause. Nothing can come from nothing. So if there's no first cause, there can't be second causes — or anything at all. In other words, if there's no creator, there can't be a universe.

But what if the universe were infinitely old, you might ask. Well, all scientists today agree that the universe is not infinitely old — that it had a beginning, in the big bang. If the universe had a beginning, then it didn't have to exist. And things which don't have to exist must have a cause.

There's confirmation of this argument from big-bang cosmology. We now know that all matter, that is, the whole universe, came into existence some 13.7 billion years ago, and it's been expanding and cooling ever since. No scientist doubts that anymore, even though before it was scientifically proved, atheists called it "creationism in disguise". Now, add to this premise a very logical second premise, the principle of causality, that nothing begins without an adequate cause, and you get the conclusion that since there was a big bang, there must be a "big banger".

But is this "big banger" God? Why couldn't it be just another universe? Because Einstein's general theory of relativity says that all time is relative to matter, and since all matter began 13.7 billion years ago, so did all time. So there's no time before the big bang. And even if there is time before the big bang, even if there is a multiverse, that is, many universes with many big bangs, as string theory says is mathematically possible, that too must have a beginning.

An absolute beginning is what most people mean by 'God'. Yet some atheists find the existence of an infinite number of other universes more rational than the existence of a creator. Never mind that there is no empirical evidence at all that any of these unknown universes exists, let alone a thousand or a gazillion.

How far will scientists go to avoid having to conclude that God created the universe? Here's what Stanford physicist Leonard Susskind said: "Real scientists resist the temptation to explain creation by divine intervention. We resist to the death all explanations of the world based on anything but the laws of physics." Yet the father of modern physics, Sir Isaac Newton, believed fervently in God. Was he not a real scientist? Can you believe in God and be a scientist, and not be a fraud? According to Susskind, apparently not. So who exactly are the closed-minded ones in this debate?

The conclusion that God exists doesn't require faith. Atheism requires faith. It takes faith to believe in everything coming from nothing. It takes only reason to believe in everything coming from God. I'm Peter Kreeft, professor of philosophy at Boston College, for Prager University.

Well, any other argument aside from old semantic mumbo-jumbo that we've heard a thousand times before?

Ever heard of the idea of temporal superposition, where there is no definite way to ascertain which among events of the future and past could be made out as the cause or effect?

Nothing can come from nothing. So if there's no first cause, there can't be second causes — or anything at all. In other words, if there's no creator, there can't be a universe.

You entertain an obsolete idea of "nothing." There is no absolute "nothing," as even absolute vacuum is teeming with virtual particles if you know enough to detect them, which could be done even through tabletop experiments. Clue: it only appears empty because all the quantum fields that are there are in equilibrium, ie = zero = they've cancelled each other out. Cause and effect are borne of human perspectives and needs. The ultimate reality is time reversible, except for biological entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom