Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. This technology and cryogenics = Robocop.

Anyone for Ghost in the Shell too? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

College Days namin biruan kami ng kaklase ko sa thesis.

Sabi niya gawa siya ng thesis na robotics ang magiging subject niya ay si Miko Sotto(he died from fell accident).

Bubuhayin daw niya si Miko Sotto sa pamamagitan ng Robotics.

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

College Days namin biruan kami ng kaklase ko sa thesis.

Sabi niya gawa siya ng thesis na robotics ang magiging subject niya ay si Miko Sotto(he died from fell accident).

Bubuhayin daw niya si Miko Sotto sa pamamagitan ng Robotics.

Ano kaya gagawin ni Miko pag narevive sya? :lol:

I once stumbled upon an attempt at brain transplant involving a Russian. The details are here. :)

- - - Updated - - -

What do you know, we've just been delving into cyborg tech, robotics, cryogenics, and brain/head transplant, and now this about a mammal's brain cryogenically frozen and recovered for the first time. Seems like things are going too fast right now for us humans in many fields. Remember fusion and genes research are also occurring at blinding pace at many laboratories all over the world.

A short teaser shot: "What this means is that all the components we think are required to form a personal identity - including memory and personality - could potentially be preserved for a long period of time, before either being uploaded to a computer for perpetuity, or reanimated some time in the future. Yep, it’s what Walt Disney always dreamed of doing (but actually never attempted) and what Austin Powers mastered with spectacular awkwardness."

I'll leave it at that...

Which brought me to this curiosity: would you volunteer to donate your brain for such an implant if you were asked to do it?

Last edited:
Ano kaya gagawin ni Miko pag narevive sya? :lol:

Sabi ko ng kaklase ko sa thesis ay gagawin niyang Personal Assistant o Utusan si Miko Sotto. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I once stumbled upon an attempt at brain transplant involving a Russian. The details are here. :)

- - - Updated - - -

What do you know, we've just been delving into cyborg tech, robotics, cryogenics, and brain/head transplant, and now this about a mammal's brain cryogenically frozen and recovered for the first time. Seems like things are going too fast right now for us humans in many fields. Remember fusion and genes research are also occurring at blinding pace at many laboratories all over the world.

A short teaser shot: "What this means is that all the components we think are required to form a personal identity - including memory and personality - could potentially be preserved for a long period of time, before either being uploaded to a computer for perpetuity, or reanimated some time in the future. Yep, it’s what Walt Disney always dreamed of doing (but actually never attempted) and what Austin Powers mastered with spectacular awkwardness."

I'll leave it at that...

Which brought me to this curiosity: would you volunteer to donate your brain for such an implant if you were asked to do it?

Kung magiging success man yan ang magiging tanong ko naman ay

Ang utak ni Juan ay napunta sa bungo ni Pedro, si Juan pa rin ba ang nasa katawan ni Pedro?

Di lang pala Robotics. Kung napanood mo yung Universal Soldier, parehas namatay sila Luc and Andrew sa intro the nabuhay sila as puppet elite soldiers(emotionless at no memories from the past). Same din sa mechanics sa Robotics na nauutusan din by the voice.

Last edited:
Sabi ko ng kaklase ko sa thesis ay gagawin niyang Personal Assistant o Utusan si Miko Sotto. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kung magiging success man yan ang magiging tanong ko naman ay

Ang utak ni Juan ay napunta sa bungo ni Pedro, si Juan pa rin ba ang nasa katawan ni Pedro?

:lol:

Sagot: Sabi sa source, since memory and personality are retained, si Juan na ang nasa katawan ni Pedro. Katawan ni Pedro, katauhan ni Juan, hehe, parang Hollywood/Vic Sotto movies lang kung saan nagkakaroon ng switch ng person from one to another.

Yep, Universal Soldier and films like that.

^
Madugo kasi yang head transplant na yan since napaka-tricky ikabit ang portion cerebellum at ibalik ang buong central nervous system functions as usual. May isang russian scientist(yata) na gumawa nito pero aso yung naging laboratory specimen nya. Successful sya for a few minutes pero deads din afterwards

Kung magiging successful ang nanotechnology, madali na lang ang surgery. Precision kasi ang kailangan

What if --- upload the whole shebang of your consciousness to another human (parang posession yata ang dating) or to a machine (mind uploading) ?

What about the possibilities of quantum teleportation by entanglement? Yung recieving end mo sa kabilang location, would it be a clone or ikaw na ikaw talaga? (i.e. The One, Jet Lee)

Ahh science... the wonders... makes me die early looking for answers. :lol:

Last edited:
^
Madugo kasi yang head transplant na yan since napaka-tricky ikabit ang portion cerebellum at ibalik ang buong central nervous system functions as usual. May isang russian scientist(yata) na gumawa nito pero aso yung naging laboratory specimen nya. Successful sya for a few minutes pero deads din afterwards

Kung magiging successful ang nanotechnology, madali na lang ang surgery. Precision kasi ang kailangan

What if --- upload the whole shebang of your consciousness to another human (parang posession yata ang dating) or to a machine (mind uploading) ?

What about the possibilities of quantum teleportation by entanglement? Yung recieving end mo sa kabilang location, would it be a clone or ikaw na ikaw talaga? (i.e. The One, Jet Lee)

Ahh science... the wonders... makes me die early looking for answers. :lol:

sa Empire series ni Asimov (and other works—Bicentennial Man, I, Robot), mas madali: copy the whole brain content to a positronic brain. superseded by gravitonic brain by Allen, hehe.

teleportation is another matter altogether. in The Fly film the protagonist suffers from a fly impurity during teleportation, the fly genome eventually overtaking the human's.

Last edited:
sa Empire series ni Asimov (and other works—Bicentennial Man, I, Robot), mas madali: copy the whole brain content to a positronic brain. superseded by gravitonic brain by Allen, hehe.

teleportation is another matter altogether. in The Fly film the protagonist suffers from a fly impurity during teleportation, the fly genome eventually overtaking the human's.

Exist kaya yan nung panahon ng Nazi?

kung meron yan nung Nazi era dami na nagkalat na Herr Hitler. On the other hand, considering the large number of neoNazis today, who knows if the tech was available then...in imperfect and diluted form, it appears.... :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

The detection of gravitational waves is making headlines. Find all about it here, here, or here. Or better yet, Google it.

Why...? Why not, indeed?

Found an aggregation.

[video]http://nyti.ms/1o6JL4Q[/video]

Last edited:
Same tayo Pinoy radical . nung unang mga ilang taon agnostic lang ako ng tumatagal hangang ngaun dahil sa mga na experience ko ,evidence,logic kakabasa ng bible nadin.
nasa category ako ng agnostic atheist. nasa #6 din ako dun sa dawkins' formulation.
"ayon sa experience,sa araw araw na pamumuhay ko and evidence, tingin ko walang dyos pero di ko sure or di ko mapapatunayan na wala same thing na di rin nila
mapapatunayan na meron :) pero kung meron man im sure di sya ung dyos na nasa bible or coran . :D
mahalaga respeto nalang sa bawat isa :)
THE GOLDEN RULE “Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you.”

Sa dami ng mga pinag-gagawa ni Dr. Josef Mengele sa Holocaust camps, for sure napagtripan nyang gawin yun. Hehe

kung meron yan nung Nazi era dami na nagkalat na Herr Hitler. On the other hand, considering the large number of neoNazis today, who knows if the tech was available then...in imperfect and diluted form, it appears.... :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

The detection of gravitational waves is making headlines. Find all about it here, here, or here. Or better yet, Google it.

Why...? Why not, indeed?

Found an aggregation.

[video]http://nyti.ms/1o6JL4Q[/url]
Yes yes and yes... But you might need to explain Relativity 101. :)
Di na ako busy ng 27. Kayo ni Ronell?

Same tayo Pinoy radical . nung unang mga ilang taon agnostic lang ako ng tumatagal hangang ngaun dahil sa mga na experience ko ,evidence,logic kakabasa ng bible nadin.
nasa category ako ng agnostic atheist. nasa #6 din ako dun sa dawkins' formulation.
"ayon sa experience,sa araw araw na pamumuhay ko and evidence, tingin ko walang dyos pero di ko sure or di ko mapapatunayan na wala same thing na di rin nila
mapapatunayan na meron :) pero kung meron man im sure di sya ung dyos na nasa bible or coran . :D
mahalaga respeto nalang sa bawat isa :)
THE GOLDEN RULE “Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you.”
Cheers man. :)

Yes yes and yes... But you might need to explain Relativity 101. :)
Di na ako busy ng 27. Kayo ni Ronell?

Mukhang malabo ako sa 27. Waited until today to see if my sched would allow it. Ewan ko lang si Ronell.

Haha, grabe explain relativity 101? Browse na lang sila, haha. Kahit sa wiki meron nyan. What interests me these days is what this detection of grav waves would allow us humans to discover about the universe. And lately, my mind is trying to come to grip with the possibility that TIME is just an illusion. In other words, past, present, and future are really just held in one time, but human experiences could not easily wrap around it. Clue: if we could envision time travel, the necessary corollary is that both the past and the future are always around here and now. The physics is built around temporal superposition. The nagging result: the universe is like a finished film, where each history is merely one strip out of the whole. Yay! And think about it: it is proven in experiments that it is not just the past that affects the future: the reverse is also exactly true: the future affects the past.

Mukhang malabo ako sa 27. Waited until today to see if my sched would allow it. Ewan ko lang si Ronell.

Haha, grabe explain relativity 101? Browse na lang sila, haha. Kahit sa wiki meron nyan. What interests me these days is what this detection of grav waves would allow us humans to discover about the universe. And lately, my mind is trying to come to grip with the possibility that TIME is just an illusion. In other words, past, present, and future are really just held in one time, but human experiences could not easily wrap around it. Clue: if we could envision time travel, the necessary corollary is that both the past and the future are always around here and now. The physics is built around temporal superposition. The nagging result: the universe is like a finished film, where each history is merely one strip out of the whole. Yay! And think about it: it is proven in experiments that it is not just the past that affects the future: the reverse is also exactly true: the future affects the past.

Tinatamad ka na magtype ng paulit-ulit ano? Lol

I can imagine a lot of applications out of that discovery --- baka sa future isa akong magaling na marine biologist or much better -- pyorn star. lol

It could answer the possibility of the extra dimensions of ST, what do you think?

And it could answer --- who killed Schrodinger's cat. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom