Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I'm back. Anything new? :lol:

Nag-ermitanyo ka ryu? Nag honeymoon! :lol:

Welcome back.

A few interesting people coming here, but aside from that same old. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

It's really sucks when someones pushing their beliefs to your throat, I have this officemates which are same Christian and has the same beliefs. Officemate1 invited my Officemate2 to attend Christian worship. It's like an MLM (Multi Level Marketing) approach. Using the business that handling by officemate2 saying that there's someone who's interested to have a business deal with him, but it turns out to be a pastor. To make the story short Officemate2 wasn't be able to attend on the "Christian Worship/Business deal". Officemate1 take it personally and don't talk to officemate2 for quite sometimes. WTF hardcore Christian get a life and face the world and reality.I just really don't get it! Sorry for my rant hahaha!

Do you think faith is a disease that slowly eating those who fantasize for it? Most of them think that they are superior since their GOD is always at their back.

Sorry been busy for past few days! When I have free time ill go back to your post na hindi ko masyadong magets!:)

I am sure many of us have had that kind of experience with overzealous/fanatic Christians. They're generally harmless, unless you want to poke them a bit with probing questions and they start to flare up. Too bad they take their "mission" everywhere to some annoying point, though, and take personal insult at the slightest perceived slights. They take the heaven business too seriously, and saving other souls any way they could appears as some ticket to extra merits to them. :lol:

Nag-ermitanyo ka ryu? Nag honeymoon! :lol:

Welcome back.

A few interesting people coming here, but aside from that same old. :lol:

Just enjoyed the beautiful land mass of Cam Sur.

There's a planetarium in Mt Mayon. I think we should do some research there. :lol:

wala na talga si dragonball son goku, hindi ko na sya nakikita sa thread na ito....baka balik loob na sya kay Panginoong Hesu kristo.

Just enjoyed the beautiful land mass of Cam Sur.

There's a planetarium in Mt Mayon. I think we should do some research there. :lol:

I know Libmanan Cam Sur. A brod in law hails from there. The place was featured in a TV program for its snakes. I thought all the while it was known as a ghost town.:lol: :lol:

Research. We could, probably, if those other distractions don't get in the way first. :lol:

I know Libmanan Cam Sur. A brod in law hails from there. The place was featured in a TV program for its snakes. I thought all the while it was known as a ghost town.:lol: :lol:

Research. We could, probably, if those other distractions don't get in the way first. :lol:

Wifey's relative focused on Pili, but there are few living in Naga.
--
The planetarium telescopes should be pointing at the sky. Not somewhere at sea level. Especially in the Caramoan Areas. :lol:

Wifey's relative focused on Pili, but there are few living in Naga.
--
The planetarium telescopes should be pointing at the sky. Not somewhere at sea level. Especially in the Caramoan Areas. :lol:

Pili to Naga. "Pili na ga...." :lol:

Naughty, naughty tele... :lol:

Evolution theory violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics, then sabi hindi daw nabaviolate, nagbigay pa ng example yung cookies daw na di pa luto(disorder) nang ilagay sa oven ay naluto sumarap, disorder to order daw yun, well yung cookies kaya naging orderly at sumarap dahil hinango na sya, that ends the story na ba? pag yung cookies napabayaan kahit maluto yun darating yung time masusunog at mula sa point na nasa order sya ay magiging disorder pa rin, pag yung cookies hindi kinain darating yung time masisira din,magiging disorder din. Sabi ng mga matatalinong atheist na naniniwala sa bigbang at evolution theory, pag sabog ng very hot dense na maliit na maliit na something which ang basis sa explanation ay yung particle collider ay nangyari ang disorder at sa kahabaan ng panahon dun na pumasok ang evolution hanggang sa makarating ang mga bagay sa order, that conclusion ay nagbaviolate sa 2nd law of thermodynamics, na law of entrophy, na nagsasabi namang ang mga bagay ay from order to disorder, which is totoo sa buhay natin, katulad ng earth na nung una na ay maayos ngayon ano sabi ng mga scientist? Darating ang panahon unti unting masisira ang mundo, dahil sa kagagawan din ng tao, kahit itanong mo pa kay eintein paborito nya yang 2nd law of thermodynamics, may sinabi pa nga sya tungkol sa law na yan. Marami pang kaduda dudang paliwanag jan sa bigbang at evolution theory para lang ijustify yan. Well sabi ng mga atheist asan daw ang Diyos?hindi naman nakikita panong may Diyos? free will at problem of evil haha the favorite topics nyo. Pero eto ang tanong ko, nakita nyo rin ba yung bigbang?well obivious naman na hindi, eh yung evolution? concrete ba ang paliwanag sa fossils?etc? andami. Science ba ang bigbang, evolution, astronomy,cosmology? Hanapin nyo sagot tapos sabihin nyo sakin, at kung iaapply natin ang evolutin sa tao at ang concepto ng disorder to order ano itsura ng lolo ng lolo ng lolo ng lolo ng lolo mo? Siguro wala sa order, ok lang lolo mo naman yun, ako di ako papayag na ang ninuno ko, at yung ibang mga nilalang ay wala sa order o nasa disorder noon.

Last edited:
Evolution theory violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics, then sabi hindi daw nabaviolate, nagbigay pa ng example yung cookies daw na di pa luto(disorder) nang ilagay sa oven ay naluto sumarap, disorder to order daw yun, well yung cookies kaya naging orderly at sumarap dahil hinango na sya, that ends the story na ba? pag yung cookies napabayaan kahit maluto yun darating yung time masusunog at mula sa point na nasa order sya ay magiging disorder pa rin, pag yung cookies hindi kinain darating yung time masisira din,magiging disorder din.
Thermodynamics (Physics & Chemistry) is different from Fact of Evolution (Biology). Second Law basically explains the transition of heat to cold in the event of a closed system; move things into random order. Evolution explains the origin of species aka Speciation. Two different subjects po.

Sabi ng mga matatalinong atheist na naniniwala sa bigbang at evolution theory, pag sabog ng very hot dense na maliit na maliit na something which ang basis sa explanation ay yung particle collider ay nangyari ang disorder at sa kahabaan ng panahon dun na pumasok ang evolution hanggang sa makarating ang mga bagay sa order, that conclusion ay nagbaviolate sa 2nd law of thermodynamics, na law of entrophy, na nagsasabi namang ang mga bagay ay from order to disorder, which is totoo sa buhay natin, katulad ng earth na nung una na ay maayos ngayon ano sabi ng mga scientist?
Magkaibang subject po sila. Abiogenesis na ang kinakabit mo dun sa Bigbang.

Darating ang panahon unti unting masisira ang mundo, dahil sa kagagawan din ng tao, kahit itanong mo pa kay eintein paborito nya yang 2nd law of thermodynamics, may sinabi pa nga sya tungkol sa law na yan.
Gawin man ng tao ang pasabugin ang mundo o hindi, Life will still go on.

Marami pang kaduda dudang paliwanag jan sa bigbang at evolution theory para lang ijustify yan.
Nagbabasa po kasi ako ng sari-saring hardbound books. Tapos nanonood ako ng mga documentary. So hindi na sya malabo sa akin

Well sabi ng mga atheist asan daw ang Diyos?hindi naman nakikita panong may Diyos? free will at problem of evil haha the favorite topics nyo.
Tinatanong ko po yung mga makadiyos kung asan yung diyos kasi gusto ko din maniwala. Kaso awkward lang ang mga sagot nila sa akin. Madami kaming topic na favorites. The important part of it is that we learn from the other person.

Pero eto ang tanong ko, nakita nyo rin ba yung bigbang?well obivious naman na hindi, eh yung evolution? concrete ba ang paliwanag sa fossils?etc? andami.
Bigbang - Cosmic Microwave Background. Sa TV, dun sa walang channel. Andun sya. Evolution, di lang sa fossils. Tumingin ka sa isang human baby at malalaman mo kung saan sya nag-mana. Sa mga gamot na iniinom mo, karamihan dun ay produkto ng Evolution

Science ba ang bigbang, evolution, astronomy,cosmology? Hanapin nyo sagot tapos sabihin nyo sakin, at kung iaapply natin ang evolutin sa tao at ang concepto ng disorder to order ano itsura ng lolo ng lolo ng lolo ng lolo ng lolo mo? Siguro wala sa order, ok lang lolo mo naman yun, ako di ako papayag na ang ninuno ko, at yung ibang mga nilalang ay wala sa order o nasa disorder noon.
Okay lang kung yan ang paniniwala mo. Di naman ako namimilit. At isa pa, magkaiba pa rin sila ng topic.

Last edited:
mga boss. sir. . pwede magtanong sa inyo? kung hindi kayo naniniwala sa creator. . e saan po galing yung buhay natin? . . . kung sa magulang natin e di sana wala ng panget sa mundo kasi sino bang magulang ang gustong maging panget ang anak nya?. . salamat po

@ryu: hey man, what do you think of this? :)
That article is very interesting.

mga boss. sir. . pwede magtanong sa inyo? kung hindi kayo naniniwala sa creator. . e saan po galing yung buhay natin? . . . kung sa magulang natin e di sana wala ng panget sa mundo kasi sino bang magulang ang gustong maging panget ang anak nya?. . salamat po
Hello po. Yung buhay po natin, di pa masasagot yan as of now kasi hindi pa malinaw kung ano ang eksaktong conditions nung time na nabuo ang planetang earth.

Pero kung tatanungin natin kung paano ka o ako nabuhay, obviously na galing tayo sa parents natin. Basically, ang pagkukuhanan lang hitsura ng anak are the parents. Maraming basehan kung ano ang pangit o maganda. Nadala lang tyo sa western culture sa definition nun.

@mightymarc, agnostics argument from aliens, If such beings exist, can t be considered Gods? Anlufet mo na siguro, marami ka na sigurong nabasang arguments of agnostics. Welcome!

Ou, pare I agree mahirap mawalay at magbago ng pananaw. Naaalala ko yung unang 7 araw ko without the so called God. Kakaiba.

Yehey! 3 na tayo.

the moment nalaman ko na there is something wrong sa aking religion, (ayoko na din banggitin ang religion but i am not Christian) parang walang saysay na ang mundo, parang tila nawala lahat ng pag asa..but in the long run, sabi ng best friend ko sa akin, let seek far more, kasi meron pa yan sabi nya something. till now, wala pa naman but I feel free of sins of every obligations such as rituals, commandments, ect. sarap pakiramdam na walang diyos and yet you have something. kung meron man o wala, wala na ako doon, I came into this world without being ask and without any idea where I came from, why should I bother the after my death. kung anoman sabi nila sabi lng nila un, wala pa nakapunta don.

the moment nalaman ko na there is something wrong sa aking religion, (ayoko na din banggitin ang religion but i am not Christian) parang walang saysay na ang mundo, parang tila nawala lahat ng pag asa..but in the long run, sabi ng best friend ko sa akin, let seek far more, kasi meron pa yan sabi nya something. till now, wala pa naman but I feel free of sins of every obligations such as rituals, commandments, ect. sarap pakiramdam na walang diyos and yet you have something. kung meron man o wala, wala na ako doon, I came into this world without being ask and without any idea where I came from, why should I bother the after my death. kung anoman sabi nila sabi lng nila un, wala pa nakapunta don.

Treasure life. Make someone else's life have a purpose.
Because we only live once, we need to do many things (the morally acceptable, of course) as much as we can. Para in the end, walang pagsisisi.

Bigla ko tuloy naalala yung lines sa Anthem ni Ayn Rand:

11.1 I am. I think. I will.

11.2 My hands . . . My spirit . . . My sky . . . My forest . . . This earth of mine. . . .

11.3 What must I say besides? These are the words. This is the answer.

11.4 I stand here on the summit of the mountain. I lift my head and I spread my arms. This, my body and spirit, this is the end of the quest. I wished to know the meaning of things. I am the meaning. I wished to find a warrant for being. I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.

It is my eyes which see, and the sight of my eyes grants beauty to the earth. It is my ears which hear, and the hearing of my ears gives its song to the world. It is my mind which thinks, and the judgment of my mind is the only searchlight that can find the truth. It is my will which chooses, and the choice of my will is the only edict I must respect.

11.6 Many words have been granted me, and some are wise, and some are false, but only three are holy: "I will it!"

11.7 Whatever road I take, the guiding star is within me; the guiding star and the loadstone which point the way. They point in but one direction. They point to me.

11.8 I know not if this earth on which I stand is the core of the universe or if it is but a speck of dust lost in eternity. I know not and I care not. For I know what happiness is possible to me on earth. And my happiness needs no higher aim to vindicate it. My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.

11.9 Neither am I the means to any end others may wish to accomplish. I am not a tool for their use. I am not a servant of their needs. I am not a bandage for their wounds. I am not a sacrifice on their altars.

11.10 I am a man. This miracle of me is mine to own and keep, and mine to guard, and mine to use, and mine to kneel before!

11.11 I do not surrender my treasures, nor do I share them. The fortune of my spirit is not to be blown into coins of brass and flung to the winds as alms for the poor of the spirit. I guard my treasures: my thought, my will, my freedom. And the greatest of these is freedom.

11.12 I owe nothing to my brothers, nor do I gather debts from them. I ask none to live for me, nor do I live for any others. I covet no man's soul, nor is my soul theirs to covet.

11.13 I am neither foe nor friend to my brothers, but such as each of them shall deserve of me. And to earn my love, my brothers must do more than to have been born. I do not grant my love without reason, nor to any chance passer-by who may wish to claim it. I honor men with my love. But honor is a thing to be earned.

I shall choose friends among men, but neither slaves nor masters. And I shall choose only such as please me, and them I shall love and respect, but neither command nor obey. And we shall join our hands when we wish, or walk alone when we so desire. For in the temple of his spirit, each man is alone. Let each man keep his temple untouched and undefiled. Then let him join hands with others if he wishes, but only beyond his holy threshold.

11.15 For the word "We" must never be spoken, save by one's choice and as a second thought. This word must never be placed first within man's soul, else it becomes a monster, the root of all the evils on earth, the root of man's torture by men, and of an unspeakable lie.

11.16 The word "We" is as lime poured over men, which sets and hardens to stone, and crushes all beneath it, and that which is white and that which is black are lost equally in the grey of it. It is the word by which the depraved steal the virtue of the good, by which the weak steal the might of the strong, by which the fools steal the wisdom of the sages.

11.17 What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?

11.18 But I am done with this creed of corruption.

11.19 I am done with the monster of "We," the word of serfdom, of plunder, of misery, falsehood and shame.

11.20 And now I see the face of god, and I raise this god over the earth, this god whom men have sought since men came into being, this god who will grant them joy and peace and pride.

11.21 This god, this one word:

11.22 "I."

Naalala ko rin dumudugo sa comments yung book nato sa library. Yung iba nagpapasalamat for the freedom, yung iba may words of protest, haha. :)

^- this guy's comment is much accurate.
+1 bavarian donut

:lol:

I thought every freethinker should really have a printout of those lines from Rand's Anthem. If I remember correctly, I think this is one work that really set me on my way to forge ahead with my own quest to break away from the stronghold of centuries-old traditions. And to think I only stumbled upon it looking for a review of the film Anthem (not in anyway related to the book) so I would know it it was worth seeing in the cinema. :lol:

These lines really caught my eyes: "I wished to find a warrant for being. I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction."

Shoot!!

I thought every freethinker should really have a printout of those lines from Rand's Anthem. If I remember correctly, I think this is one work that really set me on my way to forge ahead with my own quest to break away from the stronghold of centuries-old traditions. And to think I only stumbled upon it looking for a review of the film Anthem (not in anyway related to the book) so I would know it it was worth seeing in the cinema. :lol:

These lines really caught my eyes: "I wished to find a warrant for being. I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction."

Shoot!!

Your top 5 freethinkers / philosophers?

Your top 5 freethinkers / philosophers?

Not in any order:

Immanuel Kant
Baruch Spinoza
Karl Popper
Aristotle
Ayn Rand

Yours? :)

Edit: Oh, but I just have to place Voltaire somewhere. Make it 5.1! :lol: