Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
good day, totoo ho ba ang pinagsasabi ng taong ito

Most Famous Atheist Recognized

If people understand Aristotle's Immovable Mover and Spinoza's God, it's the best way to believe in God actually. Flew met a lot of flak about his reversal of position late in his life, and there maybe some truth about the controversy of manipulation by Varghese of an old man approaching his late years and suspected of senility or waning powers, but it doesn't change anything if you're an atheist or you believe in Aristotle's or Spinoza' God. They're not the usual gods people think they are: they are the essence or substance of the universe, and they are totally indifferent to human affairs. Fine with me to call the universe god or the laws of physics god: some people derive some form of peace and conciliation with that. Kahit ako I actually admire Spinoza's formulation of god. It's very calming. Parang Eastern traditions ng yin/yang, hehe. Many philosophers, contemporaries of Spinoza and later ones actually derived a lot of comfort from Spinoza's god, since it did not have to force them to totally abandon the cherished gods of their childhood and youth, albeit with a god essentially stripped of his traditional roles in human affairs.

I would even advise people to read about Spinoza's god, if not Aristotle's god.

Natawa lang ako sa excitement ng theists claiming Flew as the most famous atheist, hehe. Talaga nga naman.

Matanong ko lang sir, Bakit wala na pong unggoy ngayon na nag eevolve sa pagiging tao?

Matanong ko lang sir, Bakit wala na pong unggoy ngayon na nag eevolve sa pagiging tao?

First: humans did not evolve from monkeys. That is a common misconception about human evolution. Monkeys do not, nor did not, turn into humans.

Second: Monkeys, Apes and Humans as some point in their evolutionary past diverged from a common hominid ancestor. The cumulative effects of various genetic mutations, environmental stressors, migrations, adaptation, geographical isolation, and such all contributed to that divergence from our ancestral genus. Further, cumulative effects over geologic time scales continued to genetically separate Monkeys, Apes and Humans, not only from that common ancestor, but from each other as well.

That was simple enough for my 9 year old nephew in the third grade to grasp.

One more thing: the latest evolutionary models, now largely based on genetics but still supported by a plethora of other related sciences, have already compiled the most decisive evidence for a common descent—and thus evolution—for all living beings.

To be still asking these mundane, pedestrian questions while other countries are now designing their own offspring by directly manipulating DNA shows how far this country has really fallen behind in the sciences. Lately, science has discovered that women can totally reproduce without males. What does religion, specifically Christianity, Judaism, or Islam and their clay creation model and that woman came from man has to say to that?

Last edited:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YvweK4Guph4 pa share po ulit, hirap pag ipad lang gamit mo

:) Ito ulit:

- - - Updated - - -

Hindi ko po masyadong maintindihan sir. Pwede paki taglish.

Hayaan mo na tong topic na to dre. Di sa anuman, masyado ng malayo ang field ng evolutionary biology ngayon para sa mga ganito lang na katanungan. Ang problema kase sa evolution, akala ng karamihan simpleng idea lang to. Sa unang tingin oo, dahil kahit sa elementary natatalakay na siya sa ibang eskwelahan. Pero ang body of evidence ngayon at theoretical support na ginagamit ng evolution is that complex, gamit ang idea ng biology, chemistry, neurological sciences, geology and other earth sciences, archaeology, anthropology, history, and even quantum physics, no wonder na kahit ibang experts sa field na to nawiwindang na sa laki ng dataset ng field na to. Kung tutuusin, halos kalevel na ng complexity ng quantum mechanics ang field na to, dahilan para di basta-basta maiintindihan ng nonexperts ang science na to. Kung yung mga doctorate levels dito na nag-uukol ng minimum 10 years para makapagsimula lang, pano pa yung nakararami na wala talagang background? Isipin mo na lang na ang isang development ngayon sa pag-aaral ng DNA: lumilitaw na ang foundation nya ay quantum entanglement din. Paano mo ito ipapaliwanag ng maayos sa iba na wala talagang background kahit sa aling field na tinuran ko dito?

Tingnan mo na lang ang pagtalakay sa mga sumusunod kung di ka mapapailing sa complexity ng field na to:

Evidence of common descent
Common Descent
Evolution
Quantum Biology
Quantum Entanglement Holds DNA Together

Nakakalula na masyado talakayin isa-isa ang mga topic na nakalagay diyan. Kaya nasa tao na lang yan kung interesado himayin nila yang mga sites na yan. :lol:

Last edited:

have you taken any science subjects? human's did not evolved from monkeys/primates we all have different pathways of evolution though we share common ancestor, to directly answer your question why monkeys/primates are still around is because their environment has encouraged the reproductive success of individuals with different genetic material than ours.

hello guys :) whats going on in here? hehe

Last edited:
have you taken any science subjects? human's did not evolved from monkeys/primates we all have different pathways of evolution though we share common ancestor, to directly answer your question why monkeys/primates are still around is because their environment has encouraged the reproductive success of individuals with different genetic material than ours.

hello guys :) whats going on in here? hehe

gumewang ng ilang araw ang SB so less active for the past few days. good thing and thankfully they seem to be highly involved and proactive para maayos.

babad mode lang ako online. puro raket (and some side projects) and occasional posts here pang divert konti pag dull ang work, haha.

what's up ba, either many of you are busy on work or some social life. kainggit. i just had a few meetups with old friends the past few months, other than that balik sa hanay at kawan ng pinoy manggagawa, hahaha.

gumewang ng ilang araw ang SB so less active for the past few days. good thing and thankfully they seem to be highly involved and proactive para maayos.

babad mode lang ako online. puro raket (and some side projects) and occasional posts here pang divert konti pag dull ang work, haha.

what's up ba, either many of you are busy on work or some social life. kainggit. i just had a few meetups with old friends the past few months, other than that balik sa hanay at kawan ng pinoy manggagawa, hahaha.

same here been busy sa work, thinking about resigning and finding a new opportunity work getting dull and it drags me down sometimes i get dull also, so im still going to church with my girlfriend, don't want to open up about anything gusto ko lang i keep yung relationship namin setting aside the differences in belief, hey if it works out for you might also work out for me hehe.

same here been busy sa work, thinking about resigning and finding a new opportunity work getting dull and it drags me down sometimes i get dull also, so im still going to church with my girlfriend, don't want to open up about anything gusto ko lang i keep yung relationship namin setting aside the differences in belief, hey if it works out for you might also work out for me hehe.

all for the good and i find absolutely nothing wrong with what you're doing: no need to rock the boat when the sailing is good. :lol:

ako naman i absolutely love my current work (except for those occasional dull jobs that usually goes with my work), tho i could use a lot more inspiration in the compensation department. :lol: reason why i have to take on extra works online.

anyway, moving on, found this very interesting tidbit: the bible says in Romans 15:24,

24 Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.

Now all of these seem decent enough, except when you realize a few facts:

• Paul died around 70 AD
  • The country of Spain was not established until 1479 AD

So what's going on?? Come on, pious fraudulent fictionalizing scribes, you could do a better job than that! :lol: :lol:

all for the good and i find absolutely nothing wrong with what you're doing: no need to rock the boat when the sailing is good. :lol:

ako naman i absolutely love my current work (except for those occasional dull jobs that usually goes with my work), tho i could use a lot more inspiration in the compensation department. :lol: reason why i have to take on extra works online.

anyway, moving on, found this very interesting tidbit: the bible says in Romans 15:24,

24 Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.

• Paul died around 70 AD

So what's going on?? Come on, pious fraudulent fictionalizing scribes, you could do a better job than that! :lol: :lol:

tho i could use a lot more inspiration in the compensation department.

made me chuckle lol

what?? maybe the fault is in the translator?or maybe Spain wasn't the name before they just replaced it with the correct one so people will be familiar with 'Spain'

Sonnini Manuscript

And Paul, full of the blessings of Christ, and abounding in the
spirit, departed out of Rome, determining to go into Spain, for he had
a long time purposed to journey thitherward, and was minded also to go
from thence into Britain. For he had heard in Phoenicia that certain
of the children of Israel, about the time of the Assyrian captivity,
had escaped by sea to 'the isles afar off,' as spoken by the prophet,
and called by the Romans Britain. And the Lord commanded the gospel to
be preached far hence to the Gentiles, and the lost sheep of the House
of Israel. And no man hindered Paul; for he testified boldly of Jesus
before the tribunes and among the people; and he took with him certain
of the brethren which abode with him at Rome, and they took shipping
at Ostium, and having the winds fair were brought safely into a haven
of Spain."

ref: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=365484

Last edited:
what?? maybe the fault is in the translator?or maybe Spain wasn't the name before they just replaced it with the correct one so people will be familiar with 'Spain'

Sonnini Manuscript

ref: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=365484
hmm, hindi maganda yung paliwanag ng google page. parang di aware sa issue ng date discrepancy ng establishment ng actual Spain and the early mention in the bible.

I actually thought it might have to do with extrapolation, as you also suggest: the KJV translators commissioned by King James (finished 1611) might have assumed the modern name of Spain for the unfamiliar source term. Historically ancient Rome had two provinces named Hispania, but both of those do not match the current Spain location. Maraming ideas how Spain got its name, but they're beside the point na sa topic, hehe. Anyway, Iberia is also the more common ancient name for the land mass that now hosts Spain and Portugal. Of course it doesn't stop atheists having a good fun out of the whole thing to needle our theist mates. :lol:

Tanung lang po, if man came from evolution, our current state is the top of the evolution?
nagbabago na kasi ang panahon so we need to evolve para makasabay sa changes or we evolve again?
i'm not good in science im just asking... :salute:

Tanung lang po, if man came from evolution, our current state is the top of the evolution?
nagbabago na kasi ang panahon so we need to evolve para makasabay sa changes or we evolve again?
i'm not good in science im just asking... :salute:

Aw, I won't say we're the top dog in terms of evolution (consider that the bacteria, the cockroach, or the ants seem to be enjoying their modern existence much better than humans :lol:), but it appears we've had some spectacular success too, so good enough for me. But one particular snippet sticks to my mind:

You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it.

Considering that 99% of all life forms since time are now extinct (ID people, take note :)), yes, we're quite good indeed, though the last time we left Africa we're down to the last 10,000 of us (nearest extinction level that humanity ever approached).

Lastly, here's a thought: Humans are still evolving - but in ways that might surprise you. We're changing what it means to be human.

Last edited:
Aw, I won't say we're the top dog in terms of evolution (consider that the bacteria, the cockroach, or the ants seem to be enjoying their modern existence much better than humans :lol:), but it appears we've had some spectacular success too, so good enough for me. But one particular snippet sticks to my mind:

You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success.
Act like it.

Considering that 99% of all life forms since time are now extinct (ID people, take note :)), yes, we're quite good indeed, though the last time we left Africa we're down to the last 10,000 of us (nearest extinction level that humanity ever approached).

i mean for top of evolution from our "hominid ancestor" not from other species?
sir bale another 3.8 billion years my grandchild is different? :salute:

this reference good sample of evolution? hmmm :unsure:
"Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to biodiversity at every level of biological organisation, including the levels of species, individual organisms, and molecules."
just asking sir..:think:

Last edited:

• Paul died around 70 AD

Makasabat lang po... Very good observation, but I think it doesn't prove any contradiction, hindi na ba nageexist ang bansang Spain during the time of apostle paul? or wala na rin po bang tao dito during his time? Now who established Spain in 1479AD??? The word "Spain" perse ba only existed in 1479AD??

in Hebrew this was the word used "Σπανία, ας, ἡ"; Transliteration: Spania.

Or baka hindi ko lang nakukuha ang gusto ninyong ipuntos dito sa talata?? ;)

i mean for top of evolution from our "hominid ancestor" not from other species?
sir bale another 3.8 billion years my grandchild is different? :salute:

this reference good sample of evolution? hmmm :unsure:
"Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to biodiversity at every level of biological organisation, including the levels of species, individual organisms, and molecules."
just asking sir..:think:

if you read the reference of Stormer the article is talking about ways of how we changed our conditions throughout the century the "evolution" here is talking about how breakthrough discoveries and inventions that changed the way we live, made our species more resilient to various conditions because of the breakthroughs in science, like for example rabies vaccination now we have immunity to rabies, and other viruses we now have vaccines, we eliminated food shortages, we made our transportation better, we invented the internet!! isn't that great? hence the title = "Humans are still evolving - but in ways that might surprise you"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom