Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually avoid self entitled atheist and dumb religious fanatics. It is like arguing with Stalin or the Spanish inquisition. I always admire the Japanese culture, religion and science can go hand in hand.

BTW scientist are beginning to suspect dark matter doesn't exist and it's all just undetected gas that came from the big bang. the irony :dance:

note: sorry, i always get triggered in religion vs science debate. :rofl:

I usually avoid self entitled atheist and dumb religious fanatics. It is like arguing with Stalin or the Spanish inquisition. I always admire the Japanese culture, religion and science can go hand in hand.

BTW scientist are beginning to suspect dark matter doesn't exist and it's all just undetected gas that came from the big bang. the irony :dance:

@rapidox pareho tayo gusto ko ang sistema ng buhay sa Japan ,,tumira ako doon ng 15 years ,, Nagasaki,,Shizuoka,Nagoya at Nag tagal ako Sa Tokyo , ,
sana nga gayahin nalang natin ang sistema ng Japan , , kahit sa pamamalakad lang ng Edukasyon at Pamahalaan , , ,

Tatlo ang anak ko doon yung isa Graduate na ng Collage ,,yung isa senior high palang ,,yung isa nagtatrabaho na , , ,

walang Graduation doon,,simple lang,,kapag natapos sila ng pag aaral sa room lang sila,,walang suma cum laude o Honor na tinatawag , , ,
at Lahat sa Goverment school o public school , ,kapag bumagsak ang bata ,,itatapon sa Pivate school ,,pinaka parusa sa mga magulang dahil hindi nila nagabayan ang anak nila at mahal mag paaral private school , ,

walang Janitor sa school lahat ng student nag lilinis,,bawal sapatos sa loob ng building ,,siguro alam nyo na na kahit sa bahay bawal ang sapatos o tsinelas , , ,

at marami pang iba na maganda sa Japan , , ,

perhaps you mean self-styled atheist. self-entitled atheist sounds like a contradiction in terms, imo. but you can correct me any time.

we have to draw a line between a self-styled atheist like stalin who's really a demagogue and tyrant hiding behind unbelief, and benevolent but proactive atheism like what's seen in scandinavian states like iceland.

japan is good. now. but let's not forget it only happened because the previous concept of divine dynasty has been removed in japanese society. it's not that long to forget about how a supernatural concept has produced such extreme militance that threatened to wipe out not just Asia but also the world through the Axis partner Germany.

- - - Updated - - -

as for the dark matter thing, i think you mean that scientists have recently found most of the missing [normal] matter in the universe, not dark matter, one that i've covered in one of my threads here.

the latest on dark matter is that scientists have found that the existing physics about dark matter might be profoundly lacking. the insight came after the latest studies show that so-called brightest galaxy clusters (BGCs) in the center of superclusters are wobbling, rather than being static or stationary, as the current model puts it, after the merger of galaxies in the center of superclusters. it suggests that either dark matter interacts with matter or other dark matter, which is opposite of the established model, again, or that the current understanding of dark matter properties is incorrect, thus calling for new physics.

of course there's also the matter of verlinde's theory about gravity, which seems to have survived the latest neutron stars collision results, unlike other gravity models that died along the way. if you recall, verlinde's theory of gravity calls into question the existence of dark matter and dark energy.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Cambridge, MA – The small pharmaceutical company LiFeGen just published findings from its most recent clinical trials on the Alzheimer drug Educanumab. The results show that the drug slows the creation of amyloid proteins in the brain that are thought to cause cognitive deterioration as well as “clean up” the amyloid proteins that are already present. What no one expected, however, is that the patients in the clinical trial who responded to the drug became atheists.

“After two weeks of taking Educanumab, patient 32’s caretakers discovered him reading Richard Dawkin’s The God Delusion. Patient 32 was a lifelong elder in his church before treatment,” stated Professor Andrew Canard. “The individual was writing notes in the margins and reportedly mumbling, ‘I can’t believe I fell for all that hooey'”

Religious Delusions are Extinguished
As cognitive functioning increased under treatment, so did the overall quality of life for patients. Individuals were observed throwing away religious fliers received in the mail that asked DO YOU KNOW HELL IS REAL? The amount of money given to television evangelists plummetted.

While old faith-based behaviors vanished, new attitudes and activities emerged. A vast majority of the patients (88%) placed Good Without God signs in their front yards. Those who once demonstrated homophobic tendencies did an 180-degree turn and became advocates for the LGBTQ community. All who responded to the drug were able to identify racist “dog whistles” in the media and showed an appropriate level of disdain for the demagogues who use them.

Religion Under Attack?
Many conservative church leaders and their followers are enraged at yet another attack on Bronze Age beliefs by science. And they’re not taking this lying down. Tens of protesters stood in front of LiFeGen to put the “heathens” on notice.

“First, science says the Earth isn’t the center of the universe. Second, science says extra-crispy Kentucky Fried Chicken and Mountain Dew will kill you. Now this. Enough is enough!” shouted Reverend Dan Gamecock of the First Avenue Baptist Church of Brockton, MA.

When asked what his demands were, Reverend Gamecock stated that there had to be a way to fight cognitive impairment without sacrificing faith. If Alzheimer’s can’t be stopped without killing the Jesus living in patients’ hearts, then the drug wasn’t worth it. “Better to sacrifice a part of the body than let the entire person burn in hell for eternity,” he stated.

The Future
The next step for Educanumab is a study that incorporates thousands of patients. The research team is hopeful that they will be able to replicate previous findings. If not, it’s back to the drawing board. “The good thing about science is that allows you to change your opinions based on the evidence. Maybe that’s what religious conservatives are mad about,” Professor Canard mused.

SOURCE

Attachments

• homeoprophylaxi-homeopathic-vaccination-needle-1024x563-final.jpg
    homeoprophylaxi-homeopathic-vaccination-needle-1024x563-final.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
japan is good. now. but let's not forget it only happened because the previous concept of divine dynasty has been removed in japanese society. it's not that long to forget about how a supernatural concept has produced such extreme militance that threatened to wipe out not just Asia but also the world through the Axis partner Germany.

lol... I was just talking about how the Shinto religion is still pretty much respected and also Buddhism in Japan.

lol... I was just talking about how the Shinto religion is still pretty much respected and also Buddhism in Japan.

the japanese, like the chinese and koreans, have a long memory of their traditions and don't easily forget them. in the hands of ordinary people, shintoism is as harmless as it could get. in the hands of a militaristic regime with dreams of world empire, shintoism could easily become a tool for mass manipulation. like today, there are lingering fear that the japanese monarchy is reviving the belief that the monarchy is divine, after it has been dismantled in the last war. the question then is: how are today's japanese going to take it?

as for buddhism: it's core tenets might be peaceful as it could get, but let's not forget that even its adherents could be driven to extreme violence. we need not go back to history, you only need to see what's happening now in Burma.

the japanese, like the chinese and koreans, have a long memory of their traditions and don't easily forget them. in the hands of ordinary people, shintoism is as harmless as it could get. in the hands of a militaristic regime with dreams of world empire, shintoism could easily become a tool for mass manipulation. like today, there are lingering fear that the japanese monarchy is reviving the belief that the monarchy is divine, after it has been dismantled in the last war. the question then is: how are today's japanese going to take it?

as for buddhism: it's core tenets might be peaceful as it could get, but let's not forget that even its adherents could be driven to extreme violence. we need not go back to history, you only need to see what's happening now in Burma.

You can even persuade smart non-religious people to wage war just tell them they are the pure race (eugenics). You said that most Scandinavian countries are atheistic but you forgot some of them before are Nazi sympathizers. In fact China is the most atheistic country in the world.

You can even persuade smart non-religious people to wage war just tell them they are the pure race (eugenics). You said that most Scandinavian countries are atheistic but you forgot some of them before are Nazi sympathizers. In fact China is the most atheistic country in the world.

I wouldn't call people who would get themselves into eugenics smart people. They are short-sighted, unintelligent people whose sole claim to power is mass appeal, charisma, populist demagogue ideologies that incite people to mass hysteria and full-scale violence. Hitler's and the Nazi's antics, as well as any personality cults easily come to mind.

Scandinavian countries were also the first to fully rationalize Christian principles, injecting benevolence in the faith before they totally lost interest in it after seeing the originators in Rome given to all hedonism and totalitarian, tyrannical tendencies, fully realizing that the faith and all tyranny comes hand in hand. In the late decades, they finally succeeded kicking the hell of religion out of their countries. Well, mostly, especially in Iceland.

- - - Updated - - -

Hitler and his gang found many collaborators and conspirators in all the countries he overran, including in Sweden, Norway, and other Scandinavian countries. Post WW2, these collaborators and conspirators got their dues in the form of firing squads.

China is smart. From the time of its contact with the powers of the West, it easily saw through religion as nothing but imperial extensions, especially all forms of Christianity and Islam, subversive elements all aimed at undermining national unity and creating a divide-and-conquer platform in the countries conquered by the Western powers. They responded well, banning all Western religions in their country like the plague that they are. Look at where China is now because of that. Islamic terrorism find their match China, terrorists and their cells hunted like rats and sent to firing squads like they were yesterday's bad news.

I wouldn't call people who would get themselves into eugenics smart people. They are short-sighted, unintelligent people whose sole claim to power is mass appeal, charisma, populist demagogue ideologies that incite people to mass hysteria and full-scale violence. Hitler's and the Nazi's antics, as well as any personality cults easily come to mind.

Scandinavian countries were also the first to fully rationalize Christian principles, injecting benevolence in the faith before they totally lost interest in it after seeing the originators in Rome given to all hedonism and totalitarian, tyrannical tendencies, fully realizing that the faith and all tyranny comes hand in hand. In the late decades, they finally succeeded kicking the hell of religion out of their countries. Well, mostly, especially in Iceland.

- - - Updated - - -

Hitler and his gang found many collaborators and conspirators in all the countries he overran, including in Sweden, Norway, and other Scandinavian countries. Post WW2, these collaborators and conspirators got their dues in the form of firing squads.

China is smart. From the time of its contact with the powers of the West, it easily saw through religion as nothing but imperial extensions, especially all forms of Christianity and Islam, subversive elements all aimed at undermining national unity and creating a divide-and-conquer platform in the countries conquered by the Western powers. They responded well, banning all Western religions in their country like the plague that they are. Look at where China is now because of that. Islamic terrorism find their match China, terrorists and their cells hunted like rats and sent to firing squads like they were yesterday's bad news.

Nazi eugenics was conducted and approve by leading German scientist an professional

Most of this Scandinavian countries in WW2 was never been touched by the Nazi, they enjoy the long peace time to prosper/progress. They are geographically far from the modern world conflicts that happened in this past century if so they did but just short periods and not prolong conflicts.

Iceland still is proud of its Viking history TBH. Iceland is fishing country who tried a 1 time bigtime country wide investment venture jackpot. What is impressive about Iceland and other Scandinavian countries is they have a hive mind.

"China is smart" yea smart enough to prosecute just a tiny little bit of its population, just 45 million more or less.

The best brains of Germany left the country at the first signs of Hitler getting the backing of the people who were not aware who they were falling for. These included doctors, scientists, engineers, etc. The best of them became a big part of the success of the Allied forces against the Axis powers. The few great minds of Germany who were left behind were forced to work for Hitler and the Nazis under the barrel of a gun. The very very few who adhered to Hitler's megalomaniacal worldview would not have been sufficient to have any meaningful impact in any society left on their own. With the backing of Hitler, everything became possible for them, all the doors opened for their super race worldview even in the face of scientific evidence against their claims.

Norway and Denmark were occupied by Germany. These countries gave Hitler a number of collaborators and conspirators who later have to face the Nuremberg Courts if their own people had not killed them already.

Iceland and most Nordic countries are tinkering with pre-Christian practices, that is paganism, if only to give them a measure of identity, a connection to their past that had been wiped out when they tried Christianity. Now they're busy digging everywhere and finding a hoard of archaeological treasures harking back to the Viking era and much earlier. Hive mind? Interesting. I'd like to know how the people there would react to that description.

Forty-five million is nothing for China. That number is almost half the population of this country. It's more like a perspective illusion.

Did you guys saw that new Pat Robertson video (on 700 club)? HE claim that God apparently let a 15 year old die to prevent him from being an atheist. He's like a radical christian who's the founder of Christian Broadcasting Company. He makes crazy statements with regards to religion and politics. Dude's wrong in the head but people still eat it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best brains of Germany left the country at the first signs of Hitler getting the backing of the people who were not aware who they were falling for. These included doctors, scientists, engineers, etc. The best of them became a big part of the success of the Allied forces against the Axis powers. The few great minds of Germany who were left behind were forced to work for Hitler and the Nazis under the barrel of a gun. The very very few who adhered to Hitler's megalomaniacal worldview would not have been sufficient to have any meaningful impact in any society left on their own. With the backing of Hitler, everything became possible for them, all the doors opened for their super race worldview even in the face of scientific evidence against their claims.

Norway and Denmark were occupied by Germany. These countries gave Hitler a number of collaborators and conspirators who later have to face the Nuremberg Courts if their own people had not killed them already.

Iceland and most Nordic countries are tinkering with pre-Christian practices, that is paganism, if only to give them a measure of identity, a connection to their past that had been wiped out when they tried Christianity. Now they're busy digging everywhere and finding a hoard of archaeological treasures harking back to the Viking era and much earlier. Hive mind? Interesting. I'd like to know how the people there would react to that description.

Forty-five million is nothing for China. That number is almost half the population of this country. It's more like a perspective illusion.

Just watch this series, you will be amazed

National_Geographic_Premieres_Firstever_Fully-43f83a7d5a5f880d6961acd55460e5ff

Those countries that you mentioned are just progressive countries who are open to new ideas. Christianity is still practiced on those countries. Only those freeloader Black metal dudes who hates Christianity are the only ones pro-active and they make alot of money on it:rofl: Heck they even allow the pirate party and feminist can freely distribute sexual educational materials in the media

Dammm son, so are yoi good with that?

Just watch this series, you will be amazed

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/p...stever_Fully-43f83a7d5a5f880d6961acd55460e5ff

Those countries that you mentioned are just progressive countries who are open to new ideas. Christianity is still practiced on those countries. Only those freeloader Black metal dudes who hates Christianity are the only ones pro-active and they make alot of money on it:rofl: Heck they even allow the pirate party and feminist can freely distribute sexual educational materials in the media

Dammm son, so are yoi good with that?

I think I'll pass on that series about Einstein et al. Not that I don't like him, it's just that I think I have had more than a healthy fare of him. Just recently, I edited a biographical book about him. There were details in that material that do no reflect well on the man, but it shouldn't make such revolutionary dent about him in general.

I think you are missing the essence of these Nordic countries. They tolerate Christianity, yes, but many of them are banning their unhealthy practices already. Not only that, they are also ending full state support for the religion. Christianity is treated as any other cult or spiritual practices, sans the favors afforded it in the past. Now churches are abandoned and retrofitted as restos or skating rinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you guys saw that new Pat Robertson video (on 700 club)? That senile old fool claim that God apparently let a 15 year old die to prevent him from being an atheist. He's like a radical christian who's the founder of Christian Broadcasting Company. He makes batshit crazy statements with regards to religion and politics. Dude's wrong in the head but people still eat it up.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...old-die-to-stop-him-from-becoming-an-atheist/

Pat Robertson has been making quite the headlines these days. It wasn't long ago I featured an article about him saying that nonreligious children should be beaten until they respect Christian beliefs. There's also that Oklahoma Republican who says that rape is the ‘Will of God.’" Patheos and Church and State are having a field day out of these loonies. You can search Pat Robertson and come up with a long list of ninny headlines about him. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Weekend Musings

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• atheists are former christians.jpg
    atheists are former christians.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 40
  • biblical parenting.jpg
    biblical parenting.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 40
  • bigotry prejudice religious freedom.jpg
    bigotry prejudice religious freedom.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 40
  • bless us magical wizard.jpg
    bless us magical wizard.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 39
  • exactly as i planned.jpg
    exactly as i planned.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 40
  • consume flesh and blood.jpg
    consume flesh and blood.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 39
  • do not indoctrinate your children.jpg
    do not indoctrinate your children.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 39
  • footprints.jpg
    footprints.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 39
  • funny how what the bible says.jpg
    funny how what the bible says.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 39
  • i do not see why the schoolmaster should be taxed to support the priest.jpg
    i do not see why the schoolmaster should be taxed to support the priest.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 39
Hey man, what's up. You must have been busy building a nice cocoon in hell.... haha

I'm currently polishing my math skills again (Multivariate Calculus and Linear Algebra) in prep for our new venture. :lol:

Hey, you know that I'm already doing this, di ba? lol

I'm currently polishing my math skills again (Multivariate Calculus and Linear Algebra) in prep for our new venture. :lol:

Hey, you know that I'm already doing this, di ba? lol

Come on, you know I'm after the extracurricular ;)

Btw, hell is brewing in Saudi right now.

- - - Updated - - -

“They want her to dance. They want her to go to the cinema. They want her to uncover her face. They want her to show her legs and thighs. That is liberal thought,” he said. “It is a corrupting ideology.”

“Society in general at this time is very scared,” said another cleric in Buraida. “They feel that the issue is negative. It will push women into society. That is what is in their minds, that it is not right and that it will bring more corruption than benefits.”

— comments from a cleric about the ongoing upheaval in Saudi, where the young (32 years old) Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is administering a sea of changes meant to usher Saudi Arabia to a new age.

- - - Updated - - -

Background: Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is curbing the clerics' power as part of his drive to impose his control on the kingdom and press for a more open brand of Islam.

Before the arrests on Saturday of his fellow royals and former ministers on corruption allegations, Prince Mohammed had stripped the religious police of their arrest powers and expanded the space for women in public life, including promising them the right to drive.

Dozens of hard-line clerics have been detained, while others were designated to speak publicly about respect for other religions, a topic once anathema to the kingdom’s religious apparatus....

Well, let's hope the young crown prince does not get the 1979 treatment, when extremists seized the Grand Mosque in Mecca, accusing the royal house of being insufficiently Islamic.

The big difference this time is that the crown prince seems to have anticipated any countermeasures against him, taking hold of the military and the internal security.

Nah. I'm referring to the seemingly drastic measures that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is currently implementing in Saudi Arabia. He has just detained key figures in his own family, including a billionaire investor who gets quite along well with Western VIPs and royalties. Now he's also aiming his gun at the all-powerful clerics, who used to have police powers and arrest anybody they deem anathemas to Islam. Clerics, for example, can arrest anyone in Saudi Arabia for doing anything that they deem is a slight to their interpretation of Islam. Everyone, including foreigners and expats, are afraid of them since they could wear civilian clothes and are everywhere.

attachment.php

Nearly a year ago, scientists at Hadassah Hebrew Hospital in Jerusalem were carrying out tests on a 46-year-old man with temporal lobe epilepsy, when he began chanting prayers. He then got up and marched around the hospital, telling people, "God has sent me to you."

Readings from an electroencephalogram revealed a spike in activity in his left prefrontal cortex, which has been linked to religious experiences, just prior to the incident.

Indeed, epileptic patients have been known to report detailed religious experiences, and numerous studies on the topic suggest that spiritual processes can change with different neurological conditions.

This notion inspired researchers at Missouri University to dive deeper into the connection between epilepsy and heightened religious experience.

When a patient with epilepsy experiences increased electrical activity in the brain, or seizures, this could be associated with an increase in a range of behaviors, such as hyper-sexuality, hypergraphia (an intense desire to write), hyper-morality and hyper-religiosity, explained Brick Johnstone, professor of health psychology at Missouri University and lead researcher on the study. These symptoms present the question: Are the hyper-religious experiences of epileptic patients related to specific religious experiences, or do they reflect increased emotionality observed with epilepsy?

"Our study sought to see if the religious experiences of persons with epilepsy reported on a measure of spirituality are related to measures of spirituality or philosophy on a measure of epilepsy-related behaviors or related to increased emotionality," Johnstone said.

The researchers asked 19 individuals with epilepsy to take two surveys. The first survey assessed behavior characteristics specifically associated with epilepsy. The second survey measured religious activities and spiritual orientations.

The average participant was 39 years old, and the group's religions varied. About 32 percent identified as Protestant, 10 percent as Catholic, 5 percent as Buddhist, 5 percent as atheist, 38 percent as other, and 10 percent did not indicate a religious affiliation.

The study, which was just published in the journal Mental Health, Religion & Culture, suggests that a neurological relationship exists between religiosity and epilepsy. In particular, the researchers found a strong correlation with religious or philosophical thoughts and epilepsy, but no connection between emotional thinking and epilepsy.

"We found that spirituality is related to hyper-philosophy but not hyper-emotionality," Johnstone said. "This suggests that increased seizure activity stimulates parts of the brain that lead to increases in specific spiritually-based neuropsychological processes. In other words, there are certain parts of the brain associated with religious and spiritual processes."

Johnstone and his team next plan to evaluate spirituality in persons with neurosurgery for brain tumors or intractable seizures and will compare spirituality before and after surgery.

SOURCE

Attachments

• epilepsy and religion-final.jpg
    epilepsy and religion-final.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom