Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atty. Gadon na ituwid ang kasaysayan ng Pilipinas

ncalmateo

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Gusto ni Atty. Gadon na ituwid ang kasaysayan ng Pilipinas dahil maraming mali na naisulat sa libro. Gaya nalang daw si ninoy aquino, isang kalokohan ang gawing siyang bayani dahil siya ay traydor sa bansa.

Sang ayon ba kayo dito mga kasymbianize? Post your answer

Will watch later.

Update: Okay, done watching. Mainit pala ang dugo kay Ninoy. Hehe. Anyway, keeping to my original statements.

At the moment I have this to say: I myself had always dreamt of writing a history of the Philippines using a new paradigm, whatever that would be, though I am sure it would not have to be colored by a left-leaning interpretation, as is the way with Renato Constantino, nor fetidly pro-Western as the way with most, if not all, our current historians are wont to do. It has to be clearly objective, not subject to any left or right point of view.

Many of us recognize this for a long time. Some in the academia recognize the daunting prospects, and unsure how to proceed when considering the personal biases that might get in the way, seeing that one's previous academic background is replete with them, and uncertain how much of them have gone into the subconscious to really get in the way and fuck up all the undertaking altogether.

In the larger real world, many of the former colonies have recognized how their history books have been tainted by the points of view of their former masters. India is one, many South Americans another. Some of them have been more successful rewriting their history books using more nationalist perspectives, others much less. So it's a big risk of an undertaking really, one fraught with many difficulties.

Remember how we all have been shaped by the books that espoused pro western sympathies, from our elementary days to the higher levels of learning. How much of these would screw with our heads when we attempt rewriting our history? And remember how our current universities seem to perpetuate this culture: you won't get research sponsors unless your studies fell in line with the worldview of the powers right behind the financial support that you seek.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom