Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Classic Tinypy Programming

muthym

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
I'm exploring the features of this tiny language. I want to know more about its disadvantages and find the solution for these. I'm learning Python through this (But I don't have any interest to study Python) . Don't expect 100% compatibility. I'm doing this out of curiosity and of course for fun :)

You can visit Tinypy website... http://www.tinypy.org for more info.
If you want to know what I'm doing, just click my blog below on my signature :)

I compiled the intepreter (classic) from its source code. I'm using Puppy Linux (Xenialpup64) and Microcore Linux (for CLI). If you are using Windows, you don't need to compile, just download the zip file.

Note : Naging libangan ko lang 'to during quarantine. I used Python docu para ikumpara ang dalawa. At tinitignan ko rin ang source code ng tinypy as my reference. Hirap makakuha ng docuS at tutorials, kaya maganda na rin kinalabasan sa pag eexplore ko. Yung pagiging lightweight nya ang pumukaw sa akin para magka-interest ako pag-aralan siya na kung tutuusin before 2010 pa nasa hard drive ko, di ko lang ginagalaw. At early 2000s ko pa na encounter Python. Wala lang talaga ako interest nun. Kaya salamat kay COVID-19 :) Sa mga hobbyists, students at mahihilig sa FOSS at lightweight programs, para sa inyo 'to :) I hope makatulong mga experts sa Python para makatulong din sa mga students. Pinili ko classic version para talagang matuto sila sa masi-share dito. Hindi yung isusubo na lang sa kanila. Maganda yung pinaghihirapan at ini-enjoy, diba? :)

My TinyPy tutorials : https://aralinpilipinas.wordpress.com/category/tinypy/

Last edited:
if your into tiny and lightweight nothing beats assembly language, i'm learning Intel 64 bit now . lots of complexity involved and hell lot of fun. if youre into this sht, i suggest you go into that also, its a different world than these high level languages, after learning it, it feels as though all programming languages are all the same. its like, how neo woke up in the real world from the matrix lol. anyways most likely you already knew this, well if not then..

if your into tiny and lightweight nothing beats assembly language, i'm learning Intel 64 bit now . lots of complexity involved and hell lot of fun. if youre into this sht, i suggest you go into that also, its a different world than these high level languages, after learning it, it feels as though all programming languages are all the same. its like, how neo woke up in the real world from the matrix lol. anyways most likely you already knew this, well if not then..

I totally agree, assembly programming is hell lot of fun :) I already used this in one of my subjects when I was a computer instructor. I remember... I used the code produced by BASM (basic to assembly converter) as my reference, and DEBUG to introduce memory registers and basic operations. Soooo tiny right?

I suggest you create a thread about 64-bit/x64 Assembly Programming Language or 64-bit/x64 low-level programming or Modern Assembly Language Programming. Good Luck to your journey and happy coding :)

Now, back to this sht (*SimpleHigh&Tiny* in its category/level), if you want to know why I'm into this sht, I'll explain more the WHATs and WHYs.

The main reason why I created this thread...

... I want to know more about its disadvantages and find the solution for these...

FYI
- tinypy is a minimalist implementation of python in 64k of code / a fairly decent *subset* of python
- Python is an interpreted, *high-level*, general-purpose programming language.

By the way, I'm inviting you to try this sht and pls. give feedback. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom