Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Harassment from 3rd party collections (Autoloan)

OnewWingedAngel

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
just want to share my dillema here, first things first, I had a carloan na di ko nabayaran ng ilang buwan dahil sa naaksidente ung unit + my wife has been diagnosed with depression. so nagkaron talaga ng financial difficulties, since then may tumatawag saking SP Madrid law firm DAW at sinisingil ako and kept harassing me to pay. I endured that for 2 months. fast forward today, bayad ko na lahat ng Arrears (or past due balances ko) dahil binayaran ko sya on a weekly basis (20k per week amounting to 80k+ total) and already talked with 3 BPI reps at sabing naka current na daw ang account ko, and they even reactivated my autodebit sa BPI account ko. now since pumasok na ung Amort ko for this month (currently 3 days late) which I'm planning to pay naman this coming friday, heto nanaman si 3rd party collecting agency, demanding to pay, or else hahatakin daw sasakyan (which this time nanlaban nako) since naka current naman na ung account ko, and updated every week and never fail naman na mag miss ng payment. Now they're demanding to pay ko ung 3 days late ko + 5k Fee and some late fees. so I called BPIand un nga sabi. na ok naman daw account ko and to my shock. wala ung sinasabi ng 3rd party collections na 5K + Late fees. dahil daw 3 days late pa lang naman daw, so totoo nga ung hinala kong pinapatungan nila ung Fees ko dahil ung 5k fee daw ay parang bayad sakanila FROM BPI.

Just checking pano ireklamo ung mga ganito? Kept calling BPI and requesting callback from autoloan supervisor pero no avail. nakakistress din kasi tinawid mo ung ilang buwang kulang then makakatangap ka ng threat for them. iniisip ko kasi din ung mental health ng asawa ko.

I am no expert on this. But as far as I can remember with the discussion of my Tita and cousin na lawyer. Basta malate ka ng kahit 1 day lang, banks immediately endorse your account to their 3rd party collector. And it is sad to say na you cannot do anything about this kasi the bank gave their consent to do this to ask the money you owned from them. May mga collectors kasi na mabait, yung iba hindi talaga. Sa experience nga ng Tita ko tawag pa din sila ng tawag kahit bayad na directly sa bank. Kasi badtrip yun sila pag sa bangko ka mismo nagbayad, wala silang extra charge :lol:

But if you feel harassed, here's what you can do. First, do not give debt collectors permission to disclose or publish your personal information anywhere – if you can state this in a recorded call or written statement, the better. Then, record every instance where a debt collector behaved out of bounds via text, email, call logs, or video.

Under HB 6681 or the proposed Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, a debt collector is prohibited from engaging in any conduct that is intended to “harass, oppress, humiliate, or abuse any debtor in connection with the collection of a debt.”

You can file a report with the NBI’s Cybercrime Division, the PNP’s Anti-Cybercrime Group, the NPC, or the SEC. These government agencies will review your collected evidence and coordinate actions with other agencies to enforce relevant punishments.

You can also report them to the Financial Consumer Protection Department of the BSP (i.e. email [email protected] or call 632-708-7087). Be sure to document all communications with your debt collectors including text messages and e-mails. If you can, record your conversation with their consent.

I know how it feels having a depression. I appreciate you protecting your wife's mental health. Hopefully everything gets better. Stay strong!

I am no expert on this. But as far as I can remember with the discussion of my Tita and cousin na lawyer. Basta malate ka ng kahit 1 day lang, banks immediately endorse your account to their 3rd party collector. And it is sad to say na you cannot do anything about this kasi the bank gave their consent to do this to ask the money you owned from them. May mga collectors kasi na mabait, yung iba hindi talaga. Sa experience nga ng Tita ko tawag pa din sila ng tawag kahit bayad na directly sa bank. Kasi badtrip yun sila pag sa bangko ka mismo nagbayad, wala silang extra charge :lol:

But if you feel harassed, here's what you can do. First, do not give debt collectors permission to disclose or publish your personal information anywhere – if you can state this in a recorded call or written statement, the better. Then, record every instance where a debt collector behaved out of bounds via text, email, call logs, or video.

Under HB 6681 or the proposed Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, a debt collector is prohibited from engaging in any conduct that is intended to “harass, oppress, humiliate, or abuse any debtor in connection with the collection of a debt.”

You can file a report with the NBI’s Cybercrime Division, the PNP’s Anti-Cybercrime Group, the NPC, or the SEC. These government agencies will review your collected evidence and coordinate actions with other agencies to enforce relevant punishments.

You can also report them to the Financial Consumer Protection Department of the BSP (i.e. email [email protected] or call 632-708-7087). Be sure to document all communications with your debt collectors including text messages and e-mails. If you can, record your conversation with their consent.

I know how it feels having a depression. I appreciate you protecting your wife's mental health. Hopefully everything gets better. Stay strong!
Thank you sa reply na to. madami ako options. talked to BPI again earlier and they said na modus na nga nila to. and they told me na since ilang days lang ako late, its technically under them na daw. and I have the right to request na stop contact. I'll consult this again with BPI later. thank you sa answer~!

Same sa nangyari sakin kaninang umaga, Sa pag-ibig naman housing loan yung sa amin paid na siya last monday tapos bumalik dito yung Field Officer(Rider) ng SP madrid kesyo may need pa daw kaming bayaran na certain fee na worth 359 pesos need daw namin siya isettle kasi under daw nila yung account namin nung nagbayad kami so ako naman nagulat ako kaya bigla akong nag rant sa kanya na bakit may certain fee pa kami na kelangan bayaran eh yung binayaran namin na amount ay yung nasa system ng pag ibig (Mas marunong pa sila sa system?🤣) kaya binanggit ko sa kanya na ako ang Real Estate Agent ng magulang ko kaya I know kung magkano monthly neto. Then ayun nakikipag argue si Field Officer na sa "kanila" daw kami may utang na 359 pesos hindi sa pag ibig kaya ayun sinabihan ko siya na I'll report him sa authorities dahil literal na pang iiscam ang ginagawa nila and tatawag ako ng guard para palabasin siya dito sa village namin then ayun kumaripas siya ng alis.
By next week magpupunta ako sa Pag ibig branch dito samin para ireport yung ginawa sa akin na pang haharass na nakunan ng cctv ng bahay namin.

Tip ko lang,
if ever may third party na magpunta sa bahay niyo wag na wag niyo ibibigay ang contact number niyo, You can say "NO" if kinukuha nila number niyo dahil may Data Privacy Act kaya hindi sila pwede mamilit. Ang Style pa ng mga yan ibibigay sayo yung "SOA-kuno" nila then papapirmahin ka at ipapasulat yung contact number mo dun sa isang papel para sa proof na nareceive mo yung SOA nila, After that... dun na mangyayari yung panghaharass ng Collection Officer nila thru Phone Calls. Ayun yung technique nila kaya nakukuha nila contact number niyo kaya bigla kana lang magtataka kung pano nila nakuha number mo. kahit nga dis oras na ng gabi (Usually mga 10pm) natawag pa din mga yan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom