Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Dreamcast Modding, Revival and Enthutiasts!

swordeye

Amateur
Advanced Member
Reaction score
After a few months of idleness (Dami work kasi sa School!) Here I am again to give you another revival to our console classics!

I still remember that thrill last summer of 2003 when I touched that sexy curve of the controller with its VMU showing all of the action not mentioned in the TV screen.....

So here it is our very own modding thread.... I'll be putting up here the specs, history and guides on repairing, reviving and juicing up-our retro console:

Hardware

The system's processor is a 200 MHz SH-4 with an on-die 128-bit vector graphics engine, 360 MIPS and 1.4 GFLOPS (single precision), using the vector graphics engine. The graphics hardware is a PowerVR2 CLX2 chipset, capable of 7.0 million polygons/second peak performance and trilinear filtering. Graphics hardware effects include gouraud shading, z-buffering, spatial anti-aliasing, per-pixel translucency sorting (also known as order independent translucency) and bump mapping. The system supports approximately 16.78 million colors (24-bit) color output and displays interlaced or progressive scan video at 640 × 480 video resolution.

For sound, the system features a Yamaha AICA Sound Processor with a 32-Bit ARM7 RISC CPU operating at 45 MHz,[44] 64 channel PCM/ADPCM sampler (4:1 compression), XG MIDI support and 128 step DSP.

The Dreamcast has 16 MB 64-bit 100 MHz main RAM, 8 MB 4 × 16-bit 100 MHz video RAM, 2 MB system ROM, 128 KB flash memory and 2 MB 16-bit 66 MHz sound RAM.[footnotes 1] The hardware supports VQ texture compression at either asymptotically 2 bpp or even 1 bpp. [45] The VRAM, RAM and ROM (amongst other areas) and all mapped in to a single address space accessible by the CPU.

The system reads media using a 12x maximum speed (Constant Angular Velocity) Yamaha or Samsung, in later hardware revisions, GD-ROM Drive.

Attachments

• 150px-Dreamcast_logo.svg.png
    150px-Dreamcast_logo.svg.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 220px-Sega-Dreamcast-Internals.jpg
    220px-Sega-Dreamcast-Internals.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1
  • 220px-Sega-Dreamcast-Motherboard.jpg
    220px-Sega-Dreamcast-Motherboard.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 0
SD CARD MODDING
INSTRUCTIONS
Some things you'll need:
A resistor 470.
A capacitor 47 uf.
A capacitor 0.1 uf.
An LED (not mandatory).
An SD Card port

I think you still need a bootdisk for the card reader to be functional.

yap... but save that for later sir thanks for reminding the dreamshell disk

moving this thread, this is a non-sony console so ilabas natin siya sa general video gaming section, thanks

Back
Top Bottom