Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

First view of EMUI 5.0 Android 7.0! What do you guys think?

htfan

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Guys, recently Huawei just announced their new EMUI 5.0 Android 7.0. I could say that this is an improvement in their UI style plus a lot of feature enhancement. To recap EMUI stands for Emotion UI and it's the name for Huawei's smartphone software, which sits on top of the Android OS and gives Huawei phones a distinctive look and feel.

b6ovgj.jpg

Here you can see they went with the minimalize way with a bluish theme on the EMUI 5.0

EMUI 5.0 adds a fair few new features compared with EMUI 4.1, as well as changing up the overall design interface. But it's one little change that has made a significant amount of difference. The interface reveals a simple, atmospheric elegance in terms of color, font, layout & icon. Some of the Home Screen changes are:
① The navigation buttons of EMUI 5.0, like the notification bar, are fully immersive now. The screen can widen the field of vision.
② Compared to EMUI 4.1, the weather component of EMUI 5.0 left aligns by default, allows the screen space in a limited space more neat and orderly.
③ Photo gallery display box and music playback box, the EMUI 4.1 default desktop widgets, have been removed in EMUI 5.0 by default. They can be added manually according to needs.
④ App icons of EMUI 5.0 are more refined and intuitive than EMUI 4.1.
It also changes the aesthetics of version 4.1, with a cleaner, blue-tinted design that's pleasing on the eye. Ease of use is a major point here, and Huawei reckons that every last feature is no more than three taps away. That's not entirely true when you get down to more obscure stuff, but certainly all of the major features are in easy reach, especially with Android Nougat's more user-friendly settings menu.

Brand new pure blue UI
According from a source from Huawei, the brand new UI and effects are inspired by the blues and whites of the Mediterranean, thus providing a “pure” and clean interface. As you can see below, the UI is neat & clean compared to the previous version. With the polished UI, I think they can manage to capture the American & European market, which they have been trying to penetrate.

20a6syt.jpg

34dpyew.jpg

Icon Revamp

2lxgu8y.jpg

The icons visual characteristics has also improved & features more design aesthetic towards Android Nougat, giving it a modern & fresher look. For functional app like on the 1st row of icons, they have standardized it to cool color based while the 2nd row, is for lifestyle app & distinguished by the warm color.
These are my initial findings on the EMUI 5.0. I will share on later about my other discoveries when I got time. Till then!

PS: what do you guys think of the new UI? good or not?

Back
Top Bottom