Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Give me enough reason why macbook is a good buy?

para sa akin isang graphics artist..mas ok talga ang macbook apple..kasi maganda yung pixel and graphics nya pulido talga

iMac user here... though windows gamit ko ngayon, gaming mode kasi :lol:

Yung iMac 21.5 inch namin nabili sa 62K. Sa price nya pwede na kami makabili ng High-End na Windows Desktop. Here is my reason's why we go for iMac.

1. Performance
2. Stylish, Professional tingnan
3. A modern looking laptop/all-in-one PC.
4. It's not generic and/or common type of Computer.
5. It's brand name... Apple

sir ask lng pnu qa ng dual boot sa iMac mu? slamat sir

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend latest Macbook Pro 15" Retina and 13" Macbook Air if you have the budget.

Last generation Macbook pros and airs are great too. Get the ones that are user serviceable so you can upgrade ram, hard drives, swap out dvd with a HD caddy etc.

Build and quality of Apple are the best. I owned a ton of PC laptops and netbooks. Most of my PC laptops end up in the trash.

One thing i like is the power brick of the Macbooks. Small light and well designed.

OSX is much better than windows period. Less viruses, hangs, slowdowns.

I can run all window apps using Bootcamp.

I can run windows along side OSX using Parallels! Best of both worlds and really functional as long as you don't run heavy GPU windows apps like games. Get lots of Ram if you run Parallels.

Retina displays are the best for graphics and photography. High desity and IPS panels won't shift colors and have large viewing angles.

The trackpad and gesture controls is the best. Precise and smooth.

Macbook pro back lit keyboard is great working in dark places.

Thunderbolt and usb3 ports for maximum speed if you do video editing.

You pay more but the resale value of Macbooks are much better than PC laptops.

What I don't like about the latest Apple products are that they are not user serviceable. Also we loose optical drives.

sir ask lng pnu po ung steps pra mka dual boot qa sa mac and win 8? ala po b risk ito sa mac unit sir? salamat

Last edited:
Maganda lang si MAC for professional uses, editing etc. pero pag gaming windows parin

I recommend Macbook Pro '15 if you're on the more professional side like Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, and etc (coming from an advertising student). Worth it tlaga!If you want to play games, you still can, but it's not the best for gaming purposes.

dagdag mo na yung more secure yung files mo compare sa isang Windows based na laptop kasi rare magkaroon ng virus yung OSX as for my experience. The resale value is also the best! if may bagong model, benta mo and dagdag nlng ng onti. :)

I recommend Macbook Pro '15 if you're on the more professional side like Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, and etc (coming from an advertising student). Worth it tlaga!If you want to play games, you still can, but it's not the best for gaming purposes.

dagdag mo na yung more secure yung files mo compare sa isang Windows based na laptop kasi rare magkaroon ng virus yung OSX as for my experience. The resale value is also the best! if may bagong model, benta mo and dagdag nlng ng onti. :)

pwede ka nmng mg-game sa mac aa,,like dota2,lol,counter strike an many more,,actually my pc is not a mac it's a hackintosh,,malaung mas mganda sya sa windows mas advance,mas secure and virus free,,

I recommend Macbook Pro..

editing etc..MAC

gaming go for WINDOWS..

SMALL APSS. GO ANDROIDS...

HACKING GO LINUX....

Anong user ka ba..
pede mo naman gawin lahat, kaso may restrictions and limitations
o kailangan mo pa ng 3rd party software para lang mapagana mo ang kailangan mo..

Nabasa ko kasi dito puro halos help ang need nila, tanong ko lng sa mga mcbook users, worth it ba?

i have a macbook air retina 2014. bought it cos i am self-studying on how to program on xcode/swift. Program sya for developing ios app. aside from that i like it cos of its sleek modern design. maganda rin sounds so if ur into sound recording pwede mo rin sya gamitin. and i also love editting videos on my macbook.

Hi, anu po marerecommend nyo na mac laptop? Ung pwede makapag dota hehe budget is 40-50k meron kaya?

We have an Imac sa bahay and frankly, we don't use it to its full capacity. Gusto ko din matutong magcode and magprogram ng apps but Idk where to start. Youtube can be tasking.. can you recommend mentors/schools/programs na pwede ko i avail so I can use this machine properly? I only use it to for the usual net surfing. I don't want to sell because regalo pero sayang. I hope you can recommend ways for me to use it to its maximum. Thanks in advance!

Use Windows if you have patience.
Windows is good when newly formatted, but even if it's using Intel i7 already w/ 32GB of RAM, pag matagal mo nang gamit, bumabagal din.
Meaning, something is wrong with how Windows is built :hilo:

But with Mac, even if you don't shut it down for days or weeks, same performance pa din.
Eve if you don't re-format it, unless you don't push yourself beyond screwing the system, working fine sya.

Once you go Mac, you'll never go Back :)

We have an Imac sa bahay and frankly, we don't use it to its full capacity. Gusto ko din matutong magcode and magprogram ng apps but Idk where to start. Youtube can be tasking.. can you recommend mentors/schools/programs na pwede ko i avail so I can use this machine properly? I only use it to for the usual net surfing. I don't want to sell because regalo pero sayang. I hope you can recommend ways for me to use it to its maximum. Thanks in advance!

If you want professional videos and tutorials, go to Lynda.com. Meron silang 10 day trial if you don't want to pay. Best free alternative is Youtube. You just have to find a decent channel.

I have two computers... both for office use and some gaming on the side

1st: DELL M4700
Price: 70k (2013)
i7-3740QM
16GB ram
Intel HD 4000
Am i satisfied with it? No. Why?

Battery? Max2hrs...
Weight? Est 5kgs

Now.... i bought me a MBPR15 mid 2015 (top tier)
Price: 120k (2015)
Can i play games? yes.
Battery? 8-10hrs (gaming w/ energy saver OFF, 2hrs)
Weight? 2kgs
Very good for rendering, editing, and can get up to 90fps with med settings in some games.
You can even use Bootcamp para sa pure gaming experience if you want.....

- - - Updated - - -

i have a macbook air retina 2014. bought it cos i am self-studying on how to program on xcode/swift. Program sya for developing ios app. aside from that i like it cos of its sleek modern design. maganda rin sounds so if ur into sound recording pwede mo rin sya gamitin. and i also love editting videos on my macbook.

SIR/MAAM teka muna po... Wala namang MBA RETINA 2014 eh... hehehehe ikaw talaga ohhhh...

Windows 7 User ako before halos eto na nakalakihan kong OS
may laptop dn akong Windows pero tnry ko bumili ng mac dahil sa Apps/Development Purposes
napa wow nlng ako at prang worth it ung pagkaka bili ko ni hindi ako nang hinayang imbes natuwa pa ako dahil ang gnda ng Design
Pati OS nla wla kong msabi swak n swak pang programming
and Battery sobrang tagal 10hours
kung mag lalaro ka sguro and mahilig k sa upgrades i suggest wag mac kunin mo
pero kung gusto mo ma feel na worth it ung gamit na bibilin mo go for mac
lalo na ung retina nla sobrang linaw ng screen ung older version nga na non retina ang linaw na ung retina pa hahaha
Macbook Pro Retina 2015 Gamit ko

the reason I bought a Mac.

1. malaki ang re-sale value. Unlike PC's na madali mag deteriorate ang price.
2. fast browsing, video rendering, and photo editing. ideal for videographers, photographers, and even bloggers. but certainly not for gamers.
3. stable OS and good after sales support from apple.
4. long battery life compared to PC's especially when you are just browsing the net a mac can go up to 8 hours of continuous use which not every PC can do, maybe there are a few PC's out there that can go beyond the battery life of Mac but it is not common.
5. highly optimised user experience, plus i love the gestures and all the shortcuts the trackpad can do.

of all the reasons i stated above still my main machine is still a windows PC, all my important files are stored there, and my mac serves as my best friend when ever i am on the go or travelling somewhere since it has a superb battery life compared to other windows laptops out there.

As for my PC which is my main machine I usually reformat it once a year as it slows overtime, but on mac you will never remember the last time you have formatted it. It can stay as fast as the same day you got it. The only time you will have to format your mac is when you upgrade storage devices or if you face errors but this happens very rarely on mac but happens always in PC's since you need drivers to run certain hardwares.

Windows based laptops are so generic and sometimes you will not get enough support from the manufacturer. Before i switch to mac i was also a windows laptop user and was just not happy of the support the manufacturer gave me, for example they are giving me drivers for their systems which does not work at all.

thanks!

Nagiging one-sided tayo sa kanya-kanya nating opinion.

Why Macbook?
1.) Optimized drives for office/studio works. (Final Cut, Garage Band, Pro Tools, Adobe AE, etc.)
*unlike for windows, ilang months mo lang ginamit as workstation suko na.
2.) Display. (5 star)
3.) Gestures. Kung gagamitin mo gestures ng macbook in a productive way, work will be a lot easier.
4.) Simple YET work efficient UI.
5.) Hardwares. Alam naman natin na machine perfect lahat ng external ports etc.
6.) Trackpad. This is not subjective, never gets old. Never gets dirty.
7.) Battery life.
8.) Charging.
9.) Apple.
10.) Apple.
Masarap lang tumambay at magsurf sa net, saka gumawa ng paperworks, sa starbucks or any fancy coffee shops. Lol jk.

Don't get me wrong mga idol, Windows, Linux, etc., flexible kasi mga OS na yan, BUT the downside is, in the long run sumusuko sila, regardless of your hardwares, maski mamaw worstation rig yan or whtvr. Yun lang napansin ko sa Windows, etc..

Have a blessed life everyone! Keep winning in life. We are all awesome! <3

Back
Top Bottom