Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

HELP! How to unlock DVR HDD

skatesick26

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Good day Symbianizers. :)

I bought a 2nd hand DVR HDD (Seagate 1TB SATA) and i want to unlock it to be used as a normal HDD and to install a version of Windows. Can someone please help me on how to unlock the DVR HDD using PC, or what software/s are needed to do the task? I don't have a DVR to unlock or reformat the drive. Thank you in advance.

hindi bai pwede ma slave mo sa other pc then dun mo eformat?

Sir naka DCO ang mga DVR HDD.

Sir try mo to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3TGgwhj-9Y

Pag hndi gumana eto naman, gparted muna bago hdat.

Tools.
PC - Remove your existing HDD
2 CD
gparted 0.4.1-2 or compatible version
hdat2

1. Download and burn a CD of gparted 0.4.1-2 or comparable version.
2. Install the DVR HDD in your PC.
3. Insert gparted CD. Power on your PC. Boot from the CD.
4. select option 1
5. next screen select option 2
6. it will ask you language info, then graphics info. Use option 1 for graphics info, then "enter" 3 times.
7. once you are in the screen that shows hdd info, double click the red "X" in the top left corner, and select reboot. Once it starts to shutdown, the gpartd disc will eject, replace the disc with the hdat2 cd, and it should restart normal
8. boot into the hdat 2 cd and follow hdat 2 video.

Back
Top Bottom