Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Help Regarding 12 Cells Laptop Battery Really Needed!

beasone

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Mind Stone
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Good, tremendous and dynamic day fellow Mobiliarians. I got a main concern, I am using already an old useful even say still very useful old laptop computer which is HP Probook 4510s, I am aiming to buy a quality laptop battery for my old laptop in a form of some system upgrade that can last for hours. I bought already several laptop batteries before like being sold in Gimore and Quiapo but not good quality defective in just in a span of few weeks or 1 month which are cell laptop battery especially if you mistakenly let the laptop gets easily lowbat, which frustrates and disappoints my expectation cannot even last even 1 hour I was aiming before for a battery to last 2 hrs - 3 hrs which really frustrated and disappointed me!

Based on the advice of the computer technician he advise me to look for 12 cell laptop battery.I am aiming to buy 12 cell laptop battery in short, I am aiming it can last up to 3 hrs - 5 hrs. So the questions are, 1.) Where exactly in Metro Manila I can buy this kind of laptop battery and 2.) Any advices, shares and contributions fellow Mobiliarians will be and are greatly appreciated!

If thats an old laptop, it uses 18650 Li-ion battery. Actually you can buy it in lazada. I suggest buy those that are branded with samsung, panasonic, LG brand etc. Any known brand will do. But be ware of unknown names, its risky it can burn it all. You can also look for old laptop batteries. If you know or some of ur friends know how to use a Multimeter thats better, so they can test if the battery is still working or not. You can look on youtube how to check if its dead or still usable. There's a voltage range for acceptable batteries 18650 even if they are already old.

Or if you have budget for buying brand new one that will save you time:
If you want used batteries but in good condition, you can ask this person if he still sells them

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005231740063

He sells before, with good quality used batteries. Im not sure if he is still active.

i completely agree with that suggestion on repacking the internal lithium cells with a branded cells like samsung, panasonic or lg... either its 18650 or 14650 but you can verify the size by opening those defective class A batteries you bought before... or you may use the good internal lithium cells from the defective laptop batteries you bought. mostly laptop batteries comes with 6 lithium cells, each pair are connected in parallel connection - and this pair is then connected with 2 other pairs in series to the charge controller circuit. i can say that failing laptop batteries may result if one or two of these pairs of lithium cells are not charging and affecting the performance of other good cells. one way of confirming the good lithium cells from the bad one is by using a nitecore/xtar or equivalent type of charger, i'm using a nitecore d4 which you can easily tell if the cell is bad through its lcd display or the voltage value is not rising

i would rather refrain from using a 12-cell battery if its not not original from your laptop manufacturer. beside it takes long to charge, it may not display the actual juice on your windows and your charger may not have enough ampere to fully charge it

if you dont have an experience on handling/opening laptop batteries, let the experts do the job, i saw a kiosk in sm cyberzone mall that performs battery repacking, lithium cells are very dangerous and it may explode or may cause fire if mishandled

Last edited:
Good day mr. herispotcher thanks for the infos/details I will contact the person you recommended! More power to you!

- - - Updated - - -

Good day mr. Good day mr. herispotcher thanks for the infos/details but, where is this kiosk exactly located in Sm Cyberzone? What SM City is this kiosk located? Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

I am choosing the option of repacking it, it seems more customize and more upgraded but there is also danger in this, I need it first tested if working before completely inserting to my laptop, I read some comments in the internet one of the batteries maybe defective if one of the batteries becomes it will bring a risk! Hmm! Something to ponder upon! But I will still choose repacking as an option if I can find an an expert or well-versed who can do it!

More help and advices please!

Asking a permission to the public to bump this one!

Back
Top Bottom