Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

HELPP on BOOTLOOP ERROR: can't mount /data error message

AchillesMaru

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
hi everyone! really need your expertise/help on my galaxy y GT-S5360. i have done almost every step i found on the web but can't make it work again.

the main problem is the " can't mount /data " so it's in a bootloop at samsung LOGO then again,etc

1. can acces odin mode and recovery
2. flash like 10 times stock rom from odin, that didn't help, when it reboot after finish flashing says that can't mount /data then the phone restarts and gets in the bootloop
3. use a pit file from totoro but that don't work either, the same as above
4. flash clockworkmod recovery from stock recovery with a zip file and try to manualy mount /data but i get a error can't mount, tried to format from there but says aborting can't mount /data
5. download a backup of another galaxy y and try to restore it via clockworkmod recovery, the same error
6. flash a custom rom from the recovery but that dont work, the same after reboot bootloop
7. the phone its detected in adb mode while samsung boot animation is on the screen

i hope you guys can help me pls i don't know whats else to do.I, really screwed! =(, thanks in advance Guys!!!!!

Quote:Quote:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> system.img
<ID:0/003> sbl.bin
<ID:0/003> param.lfs
<ID:0/003> BcmCP.img
<ID:0/003> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/003> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/003> Receive Response form LOKE
<ID:0/003> csc.rfs
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/003> Removed!!

after that the phone boots on the stock recovery and apply some changes but at the end says failed to mount /data

try to reset your phone after flashing..via boot recovery

looks like your partition is corrupted. was your phone working fine before you flashed a rom? odin can mess up you phone if you dont have the right files you need for a specific phone as they all have different hardware and partition structure. try flashing a PIT file for you phone and flash it using odin together with the right firmware for your phone, but before you do that make sure you have the right firmware or else it wont work. unfortunately i cant help you provide the right files you needed but i know for sure google can help you. xda forum is the best source for androids.

hi everyone! really need your expertise/help on my galaxy y GT-S5360. i have done almost every step i found on the web but can't make it work again.

the main problem is the " can't mount /data " so it's in a bootloop at samsung LOGO then again,etc

1. can acces odin mode and recovery
2. flash like 10 times stock rom from odin, that didn't help, when it reboot after finish flashing says that can't mount /data then the phone restarts and gets in the bootloop
3. use a pit file from totoro but that don't work either, the same as above
4. flash clockworkmod recovery from stock recovery with a zip file and try to manualy mount /data but i get a error can't mount, tried to format from there but says aborting can't mount /data
5. download a backup of another galaxy y and try to restore it via clockworkmod recovery, the same error
6. flash a custom rom from the recovery but that dont work, the same after reboot bootloop
7. the phone its detected in adb mode while samsung boot animation is on the screen

i hope you guys can help me pls i don't know whats else to do.I, really screwed! =(, thanks in advance Guys!!!!!

Quote:Quote:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> system.img
<ID:0/003> sbl.bin
<ID:0/003> param.lfs
<ID:0/003> BcmCP.img
<ID:0/003> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/003> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/003> Receive Response form LOKE
<ID:0/003> csc.rfs
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/003> Removed!!

after that the phone boots on the stock recovery and apply some changes but at the end says failed to mount /data

Flash Samsung Galaxy Y Via Odin
GT-S5360 Flashing Firmware

Back
Top Bottom