Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Poem I loved a Woman, Hallelujah!

I, Samson
I, David
I loved a woman

Hallelujah…

She cut my hair
She broke my throne
I loved a woman

Hallelujah…

I drank of beauty
I tasted sin
I loved a woman

Hallelujah…

I lost my faith
I lost my heart
I loved a woman

Hallelujah…

I faced my death
I faced His wrath
I, a broken man
I loved a woman

Hallelujah… Hallelujah…

You, my Bathsheba
You, my Delilah
I, am your man
I love you, woman

Hallelujah… Hallelujah…

:hat:

Last edited:
Hallelujah… Hallelujah…

It plays a tune in my head ugh :)

what i like about this piece is the correlation between the two people mentioned, Samson and David.
I already know the story of Samson and Delilah..it's just one of those bible/moral stories that you learn by heart at a young age..
like the story of Adam & Eve, Moses, Noah of Ark, David & Goliath, etc.. But to be honest, I wasn't familiar with David and Bathsheba..so I had to ask Mr. Google for that..haha..and that's when i understood..and here's my take..
here you have two men..two powerful and well known men..
two men who both fell in love with a beautiful woman..
two men who could be said to have committed a grievous sin because of this..
two men who suffered because of it (one more so than the other) and paid for it in the end but with different results..
some would say that samson, let himself be overcome with lust for delilah and in the end this blinded him to her treachery..and david with batsheba which led to them committing adultery..but i don't think so..i think the only thing they did was to fall in love.
samson fell in love with delilah and because of this trusted her with his secret..but unfortunately he loved the wrong woman and ended up meeting his downfall..
whereas david fell in love with batsheba and this feeling was reciprocated in turn..and although they may have fallen in love at the wrong time..and met a few bumps along the way..they had a better relationship in the end. i guess what i'm saying is that falling in love is not a sin..well, not in my book..haha..:pacute:
anyway..yung linyang tumatak talaga sakin is ung paulit ulit na sinabi ni padre..which is "i loved a woman"..and i thought..what's the harm in that? ;)
all in all..thank you for this masterpiece! :thanks::thumbsup:

Sinasadya man o hindi,matingkad na matingkad na pinapadama ng tula ang pagkadismaya at pagkabigo
Napakakulay lang ng paglalaro ng mga salita at aakalain mo'ng sa manliligaw ay nambobola.
Hindi mo na kailangang igoogle o magbasa ng bible upang makuha ang nais ipahiwatig nito,sa kagaya ko'ng hindi relihiyoso at sa facebook lang nakakabasa ng mga bible verses tapos papalike at papakomentuhan ng amen,ay maliwanag pa sa hilatsa ng mukha ng misis kong bagong sweldo ang bawat pisngi nitong tula na ito. Ang totoong pumukaw sa atensyon ko't damdamin ay ang tila matamis pa din'g paghahambing ng dalawang karanasan sa isa sa mga hangganan ng pag-ibig - ang dalamhati at pagtitiis,ang kabiguan. Ngunit sa anu't anu pa ma'ng kaharaping hantungan,napakasarap pa din'g magmahal. Amoy na amoy ang sarcasm sa 'hallelujah!! Haha!

Back
Top Bottom