Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Itinuturo Ba ng Bibliya ang "Once Saved Always Saved" (OSAS)?

Arminz

Amateur
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone

Itinuturo Ba ng Bibliya na ‘Minsang Ligtas, Laging Ligtas’?​

Ang sagot ng Bibliya​

Hindi. Ang doktrinang ‘minsang ligtas, laging ligtas’ ay wala sa Bibliya. Ang isang taong nagkakamit ng kaligtasan sa pamamagitan ng pananampalataya kay Jesu-Kristo ay maaaring mawalan ng pananampalataya at ng kaligtasang dulot nito. Sinasabi ng Bibliya na para mapanatili ang pananampalataya, kailangan ang malaking pagsisikap, isang ‘puspusang pakikipaglaban.’ (Judas 3, 5) Ang mga sinaunang Kristiyanong tumanggap na kay Kristo ay pinayuhan: “Patuloy kayong gumawa ukol sa inyong sariling kaligtasan nang may takot at panginginig.”—Filipos 2:12.

Mga teksto sa Bibliya na nagpapatunay na mali ang doktrinang ‘minsang ligtas, laging ligtas’​

• Nagbababala ang Bibliya laban sa malulubhang kasalanan na makahahadlang sa isa na makapasok sa Kaharian ng Diyos. (1 Corinto 6:9-11; Galacia 5:19-21) Kung ang kaligtasan ay permanente, hindi na magbibigay ng gayong mga babala ang Bibliya. Gayunman, ipinakikita nito na ang isang nailigtas na ay puwede pa ring mawalan ng kaligtasan kapag gumawa siya ng malubhang kasalanan. Halimbawa, sinasabi sa Hebreo 10:26: “Kung sinasadya nating mamihasa sa kasalanan pagkatapos na matanggap ang tumpak na kaalaman sa katotohanan, wala nang anumang haing natitira pa para sa kasalanan.”—Hebreo 6:4-6; 2 Pedro 2:20-22.

• Idiniin ni Jesus ang kahalagahan ng pagpapanatili ng pananampalataya sa pamamagitan ng isang ilustrasyon. Ikinumpara niya ang kaniyang sarili sa isang punong ubas at ang kaniyang mga tagasunod naman bilang mga sanga ng punong ubas na iyon. Ang ilan sa mga tagasunod niya na nakapagpakita ng pananampalataya sa pamamagitan ng kanilang mga bunga, o gawa, pero nang maglaon ay hindi na namunga ay ‘itatapong gaya ng isang [di-namumungang] sanga,’ sa gayo’y maiwawala ang kanilang kaligtasan. (Juan 15:1-6) Gumamit din si apostol Pablo ng katulad na ilustrasyon nang sabihin niyang ang mga Kristiyanong nawalan ng pananampalataya ay “tatagpasin.”—Roma 11:17-22.

• Inutusan ang mga Kristiyano na “patuloy [na] magbantay.” (Mateo 24:42; 25:13) Ang mga natutulog sa espirituwal, ito man ay dahil sa “mga gawang nauukol sa kadiliman” o dahil sa hindi lubusang pagtupad sa mga gawang iniutos ni Jesus, ay mawawalan ng kaligtasan.—Roma 13:11-13; Apocalipsis 3:1-3.

• Maraming teksto ang nagpapakitang ang mga nakaligtas na ay dapat pa ring magbata at manatiling tapat hanggang wakas. (Mateo 24:13; Hebreo 10:36; 12:2, 3; Apocalipsis 2:10) Natuwa ang mga Kristiyano noong unang siglo nang mabalitaan nilang nakapagbabata ang kanilang mga kapananampalataya. (1 Tesalonica 1:2, 3; 3 Juan 3, 4) Bakit pa idiriin ng Bibliya ang tapat na pagbabata kung makaliligtas din naman pala ang mga hindi nakapagbata?

• Natiyak ni apostol Pablo ang kaniyang kaligtasan noon lamang malapit na siyang mamatay. (2 Timoteo 4:6-8) Bago nito, aminado siyang posible pa rin niyang maiwala ang kaligtasan kapag nagpadala siya sa pagnanasa ng laman. Sumulat siya: “Binubugbog ko ang aking katawan at ginagawa itong alipin, upang, pagkatapos kong mangaral sa iba, ako naman ay hindi itakwil sa paanuman.”—1 Corinto 9:27; Filipos 3:12-14.

Short Pointers​

● The adherents of certain religions are frequently heard to say: “Once saved, always saved.” By this they mean that having once declared their belief in Christ they cannot backslide or fall away from salvation. But this just is not so. If it were, the apostle Paul would not have written to the brothers in Corinth: “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.”—2 Cor. 11:3, 14.

● Nor, if backsliding were impossible, would he have told the congregation at Ephesus: “For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.” Nor, if it were impossible to fall away from salvation, would he have told those who were spiritually inclined among the Galatians to consider themselves “lest thou also be tempted.”—Acts 20:29, 30; Gal. 6:1.

● What do these things mean to the Christian? That he must continually check his faith, by testing it to see that it is accurate and by proving it by God’s Word; then he must live up to God’s requirements and contend for the faith, so as not to be like those of the ancient Israelites, whom God saved out of Egypt, but later destroyed because they “believed not.”—Jude 5.

Long Explanation​

Does the Bible actually say, “Once saved, always saved”? No, it does not use those words in any specific text, but many sincere people believe that this is what the Bible teaches. And it is true that a number of Bible texts indicate that the basis for salvation is not one’s works, but, rather, faith in Jesus Christ, together with God’s “grace” and mercy. (Eph. 2:8, 9; 2 Tim. 1:9; Titus 3:4, 5) Additionally, Jesus himself said that “he that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life.”—John 3:36, Authorized Version (AV); 1 John 5:13.

From such references it is often reasoned that if one ‘has everlasting life,’ he actually possesses it permanently; it cannot be lost, or, as many would have it: “Once saved, always saved.” However, does this understanding fully express the Scriptural view of gaining everlasting life?

Well, Christians concerned about their salvation may also wish to consider Jesus’ declaration that “he that endureth to the end shall be saved.” (Matt. 10:22; 24:12, 13; Mark 13:13, AV) And the apostle Paul comments similarly: “For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.”Heb. 3:14, AV.

How are we to reconcile these seeming disparities? Surely these servants of God were not contradicting themselves. Rather, were they not merely expressing the same understanding from different viewpoints? The apostle Paul provides the key to harmonizing these viewpoints.

Time and again Paul likens the Christian’s course to a “race” that must be run to the finish. “Let us run with patience the race that is set before us,” he urged the Hebrews. (12:1, AV) To enter the race, sinners must take the steps necessary for salvation: hearing and accepting the Word of God, believing in Jesus Christ and his ransom sacrifice, repenting of their sins and being baptized. In this way, they get saved “from this crooked generation,” as Peter exhorted those gathered at Pentecost. Unbelievers are outside the race, having failed to enter by getting “saved.”—Acts 2:37-40, Revised Standard Version (RSV); Acts 16:31-33; Rom. 10:13, 14.

Once entered in the race by being “saved,” a Christian takes “hold of the life which is life indeed.” But is it possible to lose that grip on life? Paul answers with this question: “Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize?” In the Christian race, Paul indicates the “one” who receives the prize is anyone who finishes the race. Therefore, Paul urges, “So run that you may obtain it.” Then, using himself as an example to make the point of his illustration, he continues: “I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.”—1 Tim. 6:19; 1 Cor. 9:24-27, RSV.

Evidently the apostle, who surely was a “saved” Christian, believed that even he could be “disqualified” from the race. Yet as long as he continued to ‘run that he might obtain’ the prize, thus remaining in the race, salvation was assured. This is why Christians who remain in the race can be said to ‘have everlasting life.’ But if they should ever quit the race, they are “disqualified,” losing their hold on everlasting life.

Hence, Paul follows up his remarks on the Christian’s race by cautioning about the danger of overconfidence. Using the example of the Israelites who were saved through the Red Sea, yet fell to wrongdoing in the wilderness, he warned: “We [“saved” Christians] must not put the Lord to the test.” Then, driving his point home, he declared: “Let any one who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.” Yes, it could happen, even to “saved” ones!—1 Cor. 10:1-12, RSV.

This is why, throughout his writings, Paul consistently emphasized his own need to stay in the race. For example, of his hoped-for reward of the resurrection, he said: “I do not consider that I have made it my own; but one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” It was only after Paul neared the end of his life that he wrote: “I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” At this point in his life, he could finally say with confidence: “Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award me on that Day.”—Phil. 3:11-14; 2 Tim. 4:6-8, RSV.

Paul’s view of his own salvation, then, is consistent with Jesus’ comments mentioned earlier about ‘enduring to the end’ to be saved.—See also Revelation 2:10; 3:11, 12, AV.

The foregoing helps us to see why Paul repeatedly entreated “saved” Christians to be on guard. Their everlasting salvation was still at stake. Addressing the obviously “saved” Hebrew Christians who had been “illuminated” and who had “endured a great fight of afflictions,” he warns: “If we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.” The sacrificial benefits that “saved” such persons, then, can be lost. Why? Because such a person “hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto [outraged, RSV] the Spirit of grace.”—Heb. 10:26-32, AV.

Yes, Christians who truly appreciate the salvation provided through Christ and God’s grace will not be overconfident. They will strive to remain in the race like Paul and the other early Christians, whom he encouraged to “work out [their] own salvation with fear and trembling.”—Phil. 2:12, AV.

Last edited:
Up ko lang po. Totoo nga po ba ang OSAS? Kapag pinag-aralan talaga ang bible, sinasabi nito na HINDI. :-)

tama po.. kaya dapat lagi tayo mabuhay ayon sa gawa at landan ng Panginoon

OSAS can be understood in two different way,

1. Depende pa yan sa nag e explain ng ganitong teaching, over and wrong teaching na once you are saved then you can do anything you can do total saved na din naman, saganitong turo naaabuso ang turong ito at nauuwi sa False assurance.

2. Ang taong na regenerate ang puso ng Dios like what Jesus Said in John 3:3 unless a man be born again he cannot enter the kingdom of God, once a person has a spirit of God that spirit will remain in that person because the Lord will's it for that person to be save, hindi pwede mag kamali ang Dios na sa una ililigtas nya tapos maiisip nya "ay parang nag kamali ng pag bigay ng Spiritu sakanya mag kakasala pa itong taong at babalik sa kasalanan dapat pala di ko ito iligtas aalisin ko ang spiritu" Do you think God is like that ? He knows everything hindi pa tayu ipapanganak , kung anong bagay ang na mabuti ang sinimulan ng Dios yun ay kanyang tatapusin hanggang sa araw ng Panginoong Hesus.(Pil 1:6)

And once ang tao ay ligtas ang nag repent that person will continue to live for the Glory of God, no such word as backslide, this kind of people turn back from God because they are not save in the first place and they have momentary belife not a saving Faith in Christ JESUS.
Post automatically merged:

Up ko lang po. Totoo nga po ba ang OSAS? Kapag pinag-aralan talaga ang bible, sinasabi nito na HINDI. :-)
Disagree, pag pinag aralan?, so aaralin mo palang ang tanong inaral muna ba TS yung expository study, because if you did study ng mahabang panahon you will find it true.

kung ikaw ay true believer of Jesus pag hindi gagawin mo lahat para mag disagree ka sa sinasabi mismo ng Bible.

Argument 1 mo I agree possibly wrong deliberation , but still OSAS is not taught in the bible, it is always conditional.
Argument #2 mo naman , remember David nagkasala sya and repented then nag pray sya sabi nya ganito Psalm 51:11, KJV: Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. " kaya pinapapili nya tayo sabi nya sa verse ay ganito

Deuteronomy 30:15-20

New King James Version

15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess. 17 But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess. 19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; 20 that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

Hope nakadagdag sa impormasyon, alisin po muna natin yung mga natutunan sa mga kinaaniban nating congregation sa halip mag aral tayo sa bibliya at ang banal na Espirito ang magtuturo sa atin ng katotohanan

Back
Top Bottom