Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Materials Engineer

patrick015

Amateur
Advanced Member
Reaction score
hello po mga SB, pa share nman po ng mga materials engr review if meron kau. balak ko sana mag exam pra d2 :> thx in advance po mga sir :>:praise:

e2 po pla naka post po sa scrib.d for free. kaya upload ko na din d2.
thx po sa nag upload sa scrib.d

pag may nakita p po kau pa post nman po d2.

any tips po sa mga ME I and ME II jan? :>
thx po in adv mga sir

Attachments

• -Materials-Engineer-REVIEWER.pdf
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,966
Tip: All aspects of Materials Testing and Specs: concrete, asphalt, soil, aggregates, steel, paints, etc. Even their composition etc.

Read AASHTO/ACI/ASTM related topics.

Blue Book, once namemorize mo yan sure pass ka. Pero kung tutuusin di lahat ng tanong nanjan sa blue book.

I am a BS Materials Engineering graduate and nakapagtataka lang na hindi kami allowed ng DPWH to take this damn exam. Eh kung tutuusin mas priority pa nga dapat kami dahil sa mas may alam kami about any material, from properties hanggang testing.

Good luck na lang sa iyo bro. Aral mabuti. Don't memorize just familiarize and understand everything. Kapag gets mo na lahat ng nasusulat sa mga lessons eh maning mani yang exam na yan kahit paikot-ikutin ka pa nila.

:yipee::yipee:

I am a BS Materials Engineering graduate and nakapagtataka lang na hindi kami allowed ng DPWH to take this damn exam. Eh kung tutuusin mas priority pa nga dapat kami dahil sa mas may alam kami about any material, from properties hanggang testing.

Good luck na lang sa iyo bro. Aral mabuti. Don't memorize just familiarize and understand everything. Kapag gets mo na lahat ng nasusulat sa mga lessons eh maning mani yang exam na yan kahit paikot-ikutin ka pa nila.

:yipee::yipee:

It is because the 'materials' pertaing in the ME exam is more on materials technology in Civil Engineering side, the materials and properties, asphalt concrete cement steel etc. Specs used for CE projects mismo. Ska pag na accredit ka you will be assigned in field doing quality control on civil engineering projects, kya dpat CE talaga para gamay mo din di lang materials but also aspects of project implementation.

Well you have a point but still they should specify it more enough that the title be more particular with the civil engineering side since when you say materials engineer in general then it is not just the civil but all the fields are included to it.

Right now i am working as a Materials Engineer in an EPC company.

Well you have a point but still they should specify it more enough that the title be more particular with the civil engineering side since when you say materials engineer in general then it is not just the civil but all the fields are included to it.

Right now i am working as a Materials Engineer in an EPC company.

Tama ka dun, tingin ko QA/QC engineer dapat tawag dun or more appropriate, in their accreditation process naman may BSCE grad na requirement kaya alam naman na CE side ang ME na tinutukoy.

Tama ka dun, tingin ko QA/QC engineer dapat tawag dun or more appropriate, in their accreditation process naman may BSCE grad na requirement kaya alam naman na CE side ang ME na tinutukoy.

So if we also have a licensure exam for BS Materials Engineering graduates then there will be a confusion in the title. So I think it is better to be more specific of the title.

Sooner or later there will be a board who will overseer the Materials Engineering graduate and after that maybe a board exam to formally regulate the people practicing the profession.

So if we also have a licensure exam for BS Materials Engineering graduates then there will be a confusion in the title. So I think it is better to be more specific of the title.

Sooner or later there will be a board who will overseer the Materials Engineering graduate and after that maybe a board exam to formally regulate the people practicing the profession.

Yes I agree with you like what I said that the title should not be ME but instead maybe QA Engineer or something to avoid confusion, but again as what I've said before the accreditation will need actual experience in project implementation thus maybe ce's since they are in more familiar in the field. Ang civil engineering ay merong materials science and engineering sub-displine, di lang structural or construction parati, and that accreditation pertains to that.

But still I agree that maybe sometime ang mas expert sa materials ay pumasok sa field para mas matindi ang quality assurance, but mahirap kasi alam naman natin govt maliit ang sweldo compared sa multi-national companies na di lang construction :lol:

up up. pahingi naman po din ng reviewer. balak ko din magtest.
@dru: ano po ung blue book?

Meron na plang professional organization na newly SEC registered at ang name ay Institute of Materials Engineers of the Philippines, Inc. Pwede sumali dito ang lahat ng materials engineering graduates at mga PhD holder ng materials science and engineering. :yipee::yipee::yipee:

Last edited:
nice balak ko din kasi mag take ng exam
salamat

sir pahingi namn po 5004 Compressive Strength Test of Blocks ASTM C 140-97

pabook mark muna ..for future reference..plan ko din mag exam pero me mga uunahin pa ko..

Tip: All aspects of Materials Testing and Specs: concrete, asphalt, soil, aggregates, steel, paints, etc. Even their composition etc.

Read AASHTO/ACI/ASTM related topics.

Blue Book, once namemorize mo yan sure pass ka. Pero kung tutuusin di lahat ng tanong nanjan sa blue book.

Engineer. Ilang items po ung exam. At whole day po ba un? TIA

Engineer. Ilang items po ung exam. At whole day po ba un? TIA

2011 pako eh medyo limot ko na, pero pagkakaalala ko 100 items, tapos half day lang ata sya.

i just took the exam, madali lang naman (depende siguro sa ginagalawan nyong work environment/field) except sa iilang questions na medyo tricky, may tanong lang ako sana may sumagot na nakapagpaaccredit as of last year (2014). May practical examinations pa ba at kelan kung meron pa? may guidelines kasi akong nabasa kanina lang (DPWH D.O. 12, Feb 2013, http://www.dpwh.gov.ph/policies_procedures/..\pdf/issuances/DO/13/DO_012_S2013.pdf) medyo iba na ata yung requirements kesa sa mga nainterview kong accredited materials engineer. Mukang mas mahirap na nga passing percentage nila dyan kasi 70% na minimum. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom