Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

PLDT My PLDT Ultera bad experience

chris95th

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
Before everything else, we (my family) are a 3 year subscriber of this ISP now, with our 4 year contract ending at april 2017(Thank Goodness!). Around 2 year and 6 months of Smartbro Canopy and was “forced” to change to ULTERA when a man suddenly came saying it must be replaced now.

Let me share my PLDT Ultera bad experience. It has been a week since we encountered this problem so I’ll try my best to remember the events that took place in this one hell of a week.

July 02, 2016 Saturday
We lost our connection around noon, and came back at night, around 7pm. I didn’t call the hotline anymore thinking that it was just because of some interference, maintenance or whatever .

July 03, 2016 Sunday
Around noon, we lost our connection again, this time we called the hotline, perform a troubleshooting, the CSR asked for our contact number, and wait for the call for 24 hours,we felt relieved thinking that a technician will come by tomorrow.

July 04, 2016 Monday
It was already 2pm, the internet is still there, so we thought maybe they did something in their end to fix it, but sadly, around 3pm, the same thing that happened on the previous days happened again, and there’s no call from their side too, that’s when we called them again, we asked where was their support group, and the CSR said that there was no request for deployment, the CSR performed the very same procedure as yesterday, troubleshoot -> monitor for 24hours, the internet came back by around 8pm.

July 05, 2016 Tuesday
This may sound like copy paste but.. yep.. same thing, no internet at afternoon. Called again, same process: Troubleshoot -> Monitor for 24hours. We even told them that they already did the same thing yesterday, to no avail. They blatantly told us “To monitor it again for 24 hours”. Really!?. The internet came back at night again.

July 06, 2016 Wednesday
This time, around morning, the CSR called us, “It was morning, our internet is usually gone at afternoon” that thought lingering in my mind. First he asked if we have connection and I said “Yes, we have as of now”. The CSR then made me perform a reset by pressing a button at the back of the device(Really? I just told you we have connection right now).. I even told him that our internet is usually gone by afternoon, should I call again later if it’s gone again? He answered “Yes, Call immediately when the connection is lost again”. After that, as expected, connection lost by afternoon. So we called again: The CSR told us that on the report, it was stated that “The issue was resolved via hard reset”. Whatttt!?.. We already have internet even before he made me do the hardware reset.. the reset didn’t resolved it.. we still have no connection by afternoon, the only reason that there was an internet when he called is because it’s morning. After that.. as usual.. “Monitor for 24 Hours”... (Getting tired of this)

July 07, 2016 Thursday
By this time, I have pretty much given up, maybe we’ll just bear with the “No internet at afternoon” policy til our contract ends, but we still called, this time, it’s not reporting anymore, I’m just emphasizing the fact that: “We’ve been calling since Sunday”, “You always told us to monitor for 24 Hours”, “If you would only go here, I have tons of screen recording to prove that we are really having an issue”, This time, I told them that this is our last day calling. I emphasized that we badly need the support group to come to our home. The call was ended with the “He’ll note that we badly need the technician” and “Monitor for 24hour” sentence again. LOL.

July 08, 2016 Friday
The usual, no internet at the afternoon, but this time, I didn’t call anymore, and there’s no call from their side too. The internet was restored around 9pm.

July 09, 2016 Saturday
Internet is still there around 1pm, I took the liberty of posting my concern on their Facebook and Twitter page, and at around 3pm, the internet is gone. There was a call from the CSR around 6pm, which I missed cause we’re having dinner. So I called the hotline again, and told them. The CSR then said that on the report, it says That I answered that so-called missed call and it was “Resolved by hard reset” again, but the thing is, I never got to answer the call, nor did a hard reset happened awhile ago.. the line was on HOLD(Music Plays) for a few seconds, the CSR then came back saying she was wrong, and that the report says “Refer to ______ (The report number, the first call from them last Wednesday)”, There’s nothing new in the process except that this is the first time I raised my voice cause of their lies and the same reason I’m currently writing this article at around 9pm, and the connection is still not restored.

We didn’t signed for a contract that gets disconnected for almost half a day. Futile as it may, I hope this would serve as a warning to people planning to subscribe to PLDT Ultera, think twice first, there are many other issues regarding this ISP and their service, be sure to check google, other articles with more proof are around the net and PLDT still doesn’t do anything to resolve or improve their service. For people reading this who have been through the same experience more or less, any advice on what we should do?

Last edited:
reklamo sa ntc nang matauhan sila ...kakainis ultera mga magnanakaw pa gumagawa ng billing biglang magmagkkautang ka tapos mawawwalan ka ng net tapos waiting pa kakainiskaya kayo dyan kung magaply wag ultera sayng monthly nyo

Wow.. Di ko namention above, pero ganyan din naencounter ni mother ko, kinwenta niya, at talagang mataas ang singil kesa sa talagang dapat, nung tumawag sya sa hotline, kung ano-anong sinabi nung CSR. Tsk Tsk

So far ito lng problem kay Ultera 699. unstable ping during 6-8 pm. Smooth naman connection morning and afternoon. Pag gabi lang talaga.

Pero sa billing OK naman, since nakalink yung account ko pldthome at namomonitor ko ito.

Last edited:
atleast proud sila sa naupgrade nila ngayon "yung New LOGO" nila haha. 1 year na kami sa PLDT Ultera last year halos ganyan yung nagiging routine ko araw araw. tatawagan mo.. bibigyan kayi ng report number. 24hrs chuchu. kinabukasan ganon ulit.. kingina nila. pero buti ngayon madalang na magkaganyan. pero oras na matapos tong 2years contract titigil na kami sa ULTERA na to.

same here in La Trinidad every 12:00 pm hindi na daw stable yung connection parating DC sabi ni mama parating buffer sa iflix wait ka daw ng 4 mins saka magload daw, eve lang ako gumagamit ng connection

pero sa paglalaro ko ng Online Game (LOL) ngayun. naging maganda na ping ng Ultera, 40-60ms sya. pero d talaga maiiwasan unstable ping na pumapalo sa 200ms.

sana naman ngayong bagong dministrasyon, meron ding mangyayaring pagbabago sa service ng mga abusadong telco na to, harapang lokohan tong ginagawa nila sa mga subscribers nila

Last edited:
kahit improvement lang,. ok lng sakin ibalik yung dati. pag capping na babagal nlng speed. atleast d ka totally disconnected.

Back
Top Bottom