Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

My smooth transition from Intel to AMD with MSI x570 Gaming Plus

Oleander

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to share my experience with the MSI x570 Gaming Plus and how it has made my transition from Intel to AMD so much smoother.

So I started building my own PC with the help of my brother for the 2nd time. I have close to zero knowledge in hardware that's why during the first time in the build of my i5-4590 4 years ago, I just let my brother build alone while I watched. I really thought I could trick him again but he just let me do it on my own.

With the MSI x570 Gaming Plus, an entry-level gaming motherboard, and the MSI click bios 5, things were easier. I'm not just saying that, to be honest I think I really went over my budget just to get my motherboard (my previous one was an entry level and only cost around 4,000). I really thought I'll regret this one but I didn't. Here's a list of why:

1. Build was a breeze, the manual was really helpful (I tried building without it, which I later had to use and it was really useful)
  2. The EZ-debug LED, I was able to diagnose problems like one time, my RAM wasn't really placed correctly. This has saved my butt so many times already. Without it, I'd be stuck for hours
  3. It's durable, I accidentally stabbed it (though lightly) with a screwdriver. I know, I'm a noob... *cringe*
  4. It's spacious than my previous motherboard, it easily gave clearance to my RAM despite using the Gammaxx GT TGA as the cpu cooler
  5. With the click bios 5, I was able to set my core performance boost to off which helped with the temperature and fan speed spikes at the cost of performance (I'm using 3600 and I used to get 50 degrees on idle, now it's 40 after I turned it off, please check amd's reddit for more info on this issue)
  6. I have lots of hard drives, this gives me 6 SATA slots and 2 M.2 slots in case I want to expand.

My only worry about this is the small motherboard fan which doesn't seem to be easily replaceable if ever it breaks down. I know it's a standard for gaming motherboards. I guess I have to cross my fingers it lasts as advertised.

So what is your experience with this Motherboard? Did you also have the same core and temp spikes on your new ryzen 3000 series?

TL,DR: MSI x570 Gaming Plus together with Click Bios 5 made my PC so much easier to build and diagnose.

For the sake of conversation here are my *important* system specs:

Ryzen 3600
MSI x570 Gaming Plus
16gb DD4 (3200mhz) RAM
2x SSD
3x HDD
GTX 1070ti
Gammaxx GT TGA TUF edition

CPU Z benchmark score - 509.5 single core, 4052.4 multicore (with core performance boost)
Cinebench score - 4146 (without core performance boost, +300-400 with core performance boost)

Back
Top Bottom