Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GALAXY S II I9100 [Updated 7/07/12]

Sir pano po malalaman kung original samsung galaxy s II or korean version or whatsoever?
bibili po kasi ako ng s2 gusto ko po ung samsung galaxy s2 original. thanks po :)

Sir pano po malalaman kung original samsung galaxy s II or korean version or whatsoever?
bibili po kasi ako ng s2 gusto ko po ung samsung galaxy s2 original. thanks po :)

Boot the phone
yung international version is Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100

kung iba, variant na yan.

Galaxy S II LTE (GT-I9210/T) and Galaxy S II HD LTE (SHV-E110S/E120S)
Announced on 28 August 2011, the Galaxy S II LTE, Galaxy S II LTE EU (GT-I9210, Samsung Celox) and Galaxy S II HD LTE mobile phones are part of the Galaxy S II family. They run on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, have 16 GB of internal memory, and feature a Snapdragon APQ8060 1.5 GHz dual-core processor[62]. The S II LTE has a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display. The S II HD LTE features a 4.65-inch high-definition Super AMOLED display, offering a screen of 720x1280 pixels – 720p HD resolution.[63] Both of these variants have NFC enabled.[64]
[edit]Galaxy S II GT-I9100G
The Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G was released in late 2011, and is usually sold instead of the original GT-I9100 in certain markets (mostly Asia and some parts of Europe). It features a Texas Instruments OMAP4430 SoC instead of the Exynos in the GT-I9100. It is visually identical to the GT-I9100, as well as having the same 1.2 GHz processor speed and dual-core ARM Cortex A9 processor technology. However, the CPU processing core is of a different design and the GPU is replaced by a PowerVR SGX 540 graphics processor. While practically equivalent, the different SoC makes this variant incompatible with custom ROMs intended for the I9100. It has gained support for aftermarket firmwares such as CyanogenMod 9.[65]
[edit]Australia
The GT-I9100T (sold by Vodafone Australia and Telstra, and some carriers around the world except Europe and the Americas) is virtually identical to the I9100 and is functionally equivalent. There are claims on the XDA-Developers forum that this variant there are some differences in software, giving slightly better performance in the 850 MHz WCDMA band.[66]
[edit]Canada
The Rogers' Galaxy S II LTE (SGH-i727R) is identical to the AT&T Skyrocket, and features a larger screen 4.52", a bigger battery 1,850 mAh, and a different 1.5 GHz Qualcomm processor. Rogers will carry the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE, launching in Fall 2011, soon after its LTE Launch in Toronto.[67]
Rogers' Galaxy S Glide (SGH-I927) is the same phone with the same specs as the AT&T's Captivate Glide, except the carrier logo is on the back instead of behind the front glass panel.
Bell's Galaxy S II (GT-I9100M) Samsung Galaxy S II is identical to the international version except that its model number is I9100M.
Bell's Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE (SGH-I757M) is identical to the cancelled AT&T's Skyrocket HD hence making the device another variant of the international model of the Galaxy S II HD LTE. One difference between the international model and the Bell Mobility model is the lack of a physical home button, instead, four capacitive buttons are used, one of which directly replaces the physical home button. The specification of the device is identical to the international model. However, different frequencies bands are enabled on this device.[68]
Telus' 4G Galaxy S II X (SGH-T989D) is virtually identical to the T-Mobile variant. It has a Qualcomm 1.5 GHz dual core processor, larger 4.52 inch screen and 1,850 mAh battery, is thicker at 9.4 mm and has a different design.[69] There is a chrome band around the edge and the plastic on the back has a leathery feel.[70] Instead of the hardware home button, it has the standard four capacitive buttons. The Qualcomm processor allows for 42 Mbit/s HSPA+ download speeds that the Samsung Exynos processor is not currently capable of. It was released on 28 October 2011.
[edit]China
The Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9108 was released in late 2011, and it is sold in China by China Mobile. It is identical to the GT-I9100G, featuring the same Texas Instruments OMAP4430 SoC with a 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex A9 processor and PowerVR SGX 540 graphics processor. However, the GT-I9108 has TD-SCDMA support in place of WCDMA support found in other variants, and it has very few custom ROMs due to it being a regional model.
[edit]Europe
The Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100P was released in late 2011. It has the same hardware as GT-I9100 plus the NFC chip and battery (the battery is specific because it includes the antenna). It's sold in Italy only branded by TIM. To keep NFC enabled it's necessary to update the firmware using a P version. It's possible to use any I9100 firmware but the NFC hardware won't work anymore.
[edit]Japan
In Japan, the Galaxy S2 is known as the NTT DoCoMo SC-02C, manufactured by Samsung Electronics and branded by the DoCoMo carrier, and is the successor to the DoCoMo SC-02B (Galaxy S) within the DoCoMo Smartphone range. Released on 23 June 2011, the Japanese model includes additional features such as 1seg terrestrial television support, as well as i-mode software functions specific to DoCoMo handsets, such as i-channel, BeeTV, MelodyCall and DoCoMo map navigation. The SC-02C uses the Wnn Japanese input system, and uses the Samsung Exynos 4210 Orion Dual-core 1.2 GHz (S5PC210) processor.
Also in Japan, KDDI Au (mobile phone company) has a version of the Galaxy SII called "Galaxy SII WiMAX ISW11SC" available in Black, White and Bright Pink. The ISW11SC uses the Samsung Exynos C210 Dual-Core processor clocked at 1.4Ghz. The ISW11SC is built with a SUPER AMOLED HD 1280x720 screen measuring 4.7 inches. Connectivity includes CDMA 800/2,100 MHz; 3G EVDO RevA; 802.11 a/b/g/n(2.4GHz / 5GHz); Bluetooth 3.0 and an integrated WiMAX modem with speeds up to 40Mbps. Like most Japanese domestic model phones the ISW11SC includes many Japan specific applications including a Japanese specific NFC that can be used for PASMO and SUICA payment systems(trains, stores). Unlike most US carriers, Japanese carriers do not have usage limitations or Caps and AU specifically allows un-metered tethering through included WIFI HOTSPOT integration. AU WiMAX service adds an additional 525 Yen to the monthly bill ($7.00)
[edit]South Korea
All of South Korean variants have a T-DMB tuner in place of FM radio tuner. They also have Samsung's Korean input system for feature phones as well as Dubeolsik layout in their virtual keyboard.
The SK Telecom SHW-M250S variant uses SK-MMS system instead of OMA-MMS system for MMS. Additional features for SK Telecom users are installed by default.
This SHW-M250K variant uses KT's Wi-Fi CM[clarification needed] instead of Android's Wi-Fi CM to connect Wi-Fi. Additional features for KT users are installed by default.
Because of mobile networks LG U+ have, the LG U+'s Galaxy S II (SHW-M250L) uses EV-DO Rev.B (KPCS 1.8 GHz) instead of WCDMA and HSPA. It is slightly thicker (9.4 mm) than SK Telecom and KT variants (8.89 mm). Additional features for LG U+ users are installed by default.
[edit]United States

Sprint's Variant: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
The Sprint version of the device, previously codenamed "Within", is known as the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch and later Samsung Galaxy S II 4G (Model SPH-D710). Unlike its predecessor, the Epic 4G, the Epic 4G Touch lacks a physical QWERTY keyboard. At 4.52 inches, it has a larger display than the international version.[71] Additionally, the Epic 4G Touch features four touch-capacitive buttons, as opposed to the hardware/capacitive button combination found on the international version. Other differences include an LED notification light, larger battery (6.66 Wh), and a WiMax radio. The device was launched on 16 September 2011.[72] Unlike the T-Mobile USA and AT&T versions this particular model does not come with the NFC chip.[73] In August 2012, Sprint's subsidairy Boost Mobile announced that it will also begin carrying the Samsung Galaxy S II 4G in September paired with No-contract monthly plans, aside from branding on the back of the phone, it is exactly identical as Sprints', including WiMAX connectivity.
The T-Mobile USA version was codenamed the Samsung "Hercules" and given the model number SGH-T989 (as opposed to other phones with the Galaxy S II name which are I9100 models). It has a 4.52 inch screen, and features four touch buttons.[74] The cellular radio in this variant supports UMTS Band I (2100), Band II (1900), Band IV (1700), and Band V (850). It also contains NFC.[75] It uses a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm APQ8060 (S3) Snapdragon processor, as opposed to the 1.2 GHz dual-core Exynos processor. The reason for this is that the Exynos processor is not compatible with T-Mobile's 42 Mbit/s HSPA+ network. T-Mobile and Samsung released an update to enable Wi-Fi calling on 15 December 2011. The update is available from Samsung via KIES for the T989 and OTA from T Mobile.
The S II was available for pre-order through T-Mobile's website on 10 October 2011 and became available in stores on 12 October 2011.[76]
The AT&T version was codenamed "Attain" (Model SGH-I777). However, it appeared on AT&T and Samsung websites simply as the Samsung Galaxy S II. It maintains a 4.3 inch screen, but also features four touch buttons.[19] It also contains NFC.[75] It was released on 2 October 2011.
This is the second variant of this phone to come to AT&T, similar to the international Samsung Galaxy S II LTE. The display features the same 4.52 inch screen shared with the Sprint model. Additionally, this variant also includes LTE radio, to coincide with AT&T's launch of its LTE network. However, to make this change it was required for the SoC to be changed from the Exynos to the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8260, as the Exynos SoC does not support LTE (akin to a similar limitation made on the T-Mobile model). 'Skyrocket' was released on 6 November 2011 alongside a similar LTE-capable [HTC Vivid] at the same date. The NFC feature is enabled. Main Article
AT&T announced at its 2012 Developer Summit keynote that the Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD would be released early in 2012,[77] but these plans were later cancelled.[78]
AT&T delivers this phone with a number of non-removable bloatware apps.
This is the third variant to come out on AT&T (Model SGH-I927)[79] It includes a dual-core processor, but is a 1 GHz Tegra 2 processor instead of the 1.2 GHz Exynos processor. Its display is Super AMOLED is instead of Super AMOLED Plus, and the display size is reduced to 4 inches. It can record video in 720p resolution at 30 fps. Its biggest attraction is the addition of a slide-out physical QWERTY keyboard.
U.S. Cellular's variant (Model SCH-R760) is the same as Sprint's Epic 4G Touch, but without the integrated WiMax radio. All other specifications remain the same.

sir 4.0.4 po. Wanamlite po gamit kong rom. tas naka dualboot po ng paranoid android. thanks po sa reply sir.

Nka Wanamlite din po ako, kaso napansin ko lng bat ang bilis ma drain ng battery ko? 4.0.4 po na Wanamlite gamit ko, tska Extended Battery na po gamit ko 2100mAh na bat pero mabilis pa rin ma drain. 1 day lng kaya ng phone ko without games, txt lng tlga pero 1 day lng nag lalast.

Nka Wanamlite din po ako, kaso napansin ko lng bat ang bilis ma drain ng battery ko? 4.0.4 po na Wanamlite gamit ko, tska Extended Battery na po gamit ko 2100mAh na bat pero mabilis pa rin ma drain. 1 day lng kaya ng phone ko without games, txt lng tlga pero 1 day lng nag lalast.

mron na pla Extended Battery na po gamit ko 2100mAh? magkanu kya yn sir?

Wow. :wow:
Pwede mo benta sa Google play store yan ah
oo nga po sir maganda din un try ko din siguro ibenta un pag naaus ko na sa ngaun baka ishashare ko muna dito sa symbianize pag natapos ku ung thesis ko at pag nilagyan kona ng license hehe.

baka gus2 mo ikaw una mag try dito sir baka magustuhan mo send mo saken ung email mo sir hehe.^J^

eto pala ung features thesis namen(subok na sa s2 ko to hehe):

SearchMyDroid(AntiTheft program)
sim change alert
automated email sending
automated sms sending
auto picture(front camera only) and text your phone to capture pic thru message code
auto record video(pinagiisipan ko pa kung ilalagay ko to kasi baka gamitin sa masama ung app)
with alarm (accelerometer or proximity sensor) and it will text your alternative phone if the alarm is detected.
alarm thru textmessages codes
remote phone thru textmessages codes.
ask your phone current location
ask your phone if it is moving or not.

Last edited:
Guys yung mga naka Korean S2, pano ba process dun? Root and Flash lang din ba? thanks

oo nga sir e. Tapos lagi nag iinit. Baka kelangan ko magfullwipe? Bilis madrain lalo kapag nag iinternet e. Sobrang init pa.

Napapagana mo ba adhoc when you were still in gingerbread?

nope sir. Nag upgrade agad ako ng ics nung binili ko s2 ko e. Haha. Wew. Alam ko yung wpa supplicant daw yung file na ginagalaw e para makaconnect sa adhoc na wifi. Di raw kasi talaga nakakadetect ng adhoc ang android sir.

Pa ot po...
Mga masters ng s2 madami pong salamat s inyo..
Madami po aqng n tutunan s tread n to..
Up grade n po aq s2 to s3..
Salamat po...

Pa ot po...
Salamat po...

Haha..ineexpect ko na tong post mo. :)
Nakuha mo na ba yung phone?
Kita kits sa S4 este S3...

Ako andito pa rin sa thread..kaka lurking:rofl:

Hehe, nakakatuwa sa thread na ito, very supportive mga marurunong.. Nung una sobrang takot talaga ako kahit root lang. hehe..

Pa ot po...
Salamat po...

:evillol:
Sa Note 2 ako lilipat within the month

pero abang pa rin dito kung sakaling makatulong sa iba :thumbsup:

Haha opo ts nkuha kna.
Kinakalikut kna sya ngaun..

Papaalam lang aq s mga mastere dito
N malaki ang naitulung s akin s android.

Pero sisilip pa dn aq dito..

oo nga sir e. Tapos lagi nag iinit. Baka kelangan ko magfullwipe? Bilis madrain lalo kapag nag iinternet e. Sobrang init pa.

Hindi naman lagi umiinit sakin pero mabilis lang tlga ma drain yung battery sa rom na to kahit na extended battery ginagamit ko, I did a fullwipe na at lahat pero ganun pa rin. mag sswitch nlng ako ng Resurrection Remix tingnan ko kung alin mas stable sa dalawa.

mron na pla Extended Battery na po gamit ko 2100mAh? magkanu kya yn sir?

correction po pla. 2000 mAh po pla gamit ko, meron po 2k po price sa samsung store binili ko last year pa.

install ka ng betterbatterystats tapos post mo yung results after 1 day / batt cycle.

Hehe, nakakatuwa sa thread na ito, very supportive mga marurunong.. Nung una sobrang takot talaga ako kahit root lang. hehe..

yung tatlo po na nasa taas ko ang ilan sa mga haligi ng thread na to..very supportive :praise:

Re: Tutorial

How to Root Samsung Galaxy S II without increasing binary count, without having yellow triangle and not voiding your warranty​

Update: If links do not work, search the actual files @ xda forums.

No need to change or modify files in this package. It's a ready to use compilation.

Notes: Modified files and combined by me so you will have Siyah 2.6.6 (pre-rooted kernel). Tried and Tested by myself so you that it will help new users and understand benefits of rooting without voiding their warranty.

Credits to Chainfire, Doomlord and Gokhanmoral

Restart Binary count here, no Jig use!. - For ICS only
y
Tol drigz may iba po bang link for rooting kit yung doomlord+cf+siyah package? thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom