Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[OFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy Y (5360) User's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nakakainis yung tap tap revenge hindi enjoy sa phone naten hindi nag mumultio-touch :(

nakakainis yung tap tap revenge hindi enjoy sa phone naten hindi nag mumultio-touch :(

nagmumulti touch siya kaso dapat sabay na sabay yung pindot mo... hirap nga lang mangyari yung ganung sabay na sabay.

Mga Bro :help: naman kasi kahit may Kies and USB Driver me ng Samsung ayaw parin marecognize ung unit ko ng PC also kahit nka download mode na siya...

Mga Bro :help: naman kasi kahit may Kies and USB Driver me ng Samsung ayaw parin marecognize ung unit ko ng PC also kahit nka download mode na siya...

kapatid me thread ako sa na troubleshooting pakidaanaanan

kung KIES gamit mo HINDI talag niya yan madedetect..
dapat ODIN gamit mo...

mga sir, pakisagot po yung tanung ko kung may tricks ba 4 browsing using butas sim. ambagal kasi gamitin mga vpn sa 2g mode.. or may browsing tricks ba kau na mabilis sa 2g mode. kadalasan kasi 1 page lang sakin gamit droidvpn.. thanks

kapatid me thread ako sa na troubleshooting pakidaanaanan

kung KIES gamit mo HINDI talag niya yan madedetect..
dapat ODIN gamit mo...

Bro na DL ko na ung CWM nakakapzok ako dun...ahmmmmmmmmm cge try ko ung other threads mo...

Tsaka Bro kahit sa Odin ko ginagamit ehhh wala din maread ehhh..walang Green na kulay...

Last edited by a moderator:
mga sir, pakisagot po yung tanung ko kung may tricks ba 4 browsing using butas sim. ambagal kasi gamitin mga vpn sa 2g mode.. or may browsing tricks ba kau na mabilis sa 2g mode. kadalasan kasi 1 page lang sakin gamit droidvpn.. thanks

meron naman po....
pero medyo madmaing kalikot

heto

This is a known linux tweak and I have tested it on the epic and there seems to be mixed results. BTW, YMMV so don't go blaming me for messing up your phone... The zip is made for my rom but will most likely work on all others (even AOSP).
Open up /system/etc/sysctl.conf (make it if it isn't there)

Add the following..

net.ipv4.route.flush = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337 = 1
net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc = 0
net.ipv4.tcp_sack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_fack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 187000 187000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_no_metrics_save = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_moderate_rcvbuf = 1

source:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1346680

Disclaimer: I am not responsible with what you do with your phone or anything that results from my edit/mods.

Nandroid Backup! Its your friend!

READ ENTIRE POST

Mention what rom and mods u used with results in a post please!

**If you flashed mashup and miss your data speed you need to redo mod 1**

One user that was plauged with switch to 1x being reported it being eliminated by the mods

Confirmed working on MIUI, eclipse 1.2 & 2.0.3, stock 2.3.4 and CM7

Mod 1 "may" work on any other 3G phones, mod 2 when posted "may" work on other 3G MOTO phones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mod 1

The Problem:
Since I do not have internet at home and I live in a poor service area any increase in 3G data speeds I can get is beneficial. So, I started looking into a way to increase my 3G data speeds.
Please let me know what rom you are using when you post something

Note: The first boot I did on some of these took a few minutes for 3G to first come up. Any reboots later it showed up immediately. I had no service issue and triangle once or twice while I was checking all of these. Reboot always fixed it.

The Solution:

First, nandroid backup prior to changing anything on your phone is a good policy to follow.

Most of the build.prop edits I’ve found are for GSM phones. I did find one thing that might help. I have confirmation from another source this hack works for them as well.

The line to be edited in build.prop which is in your /system/ folder by root explorer, root browser or any other editor/method of choice (make sure you backup your build.prop first):

Code:

persist.ril.uart.flowctrl=1

Change the “1” to “10”, save your build.prop, and reboot.

You can change the 1 to 1-10 and null or blank.

These are my results below in kb/s.

1=baseline 75-100 kb/s

0= no service – Don’t do this!
2-5 = 100 kb/s with some temp increases
6-9 = 150-200 kb/s
10 = 250-350 kb/s

A null value gives me 150-300 kb/s with large fluctuations.

I found that “10” gave me the best speed with most consistent results.

These speeds were clocked in actual large file downloads not a speed testing app.
I found that speed testing apps do not give accurate results. The real downloading gives real results.

Note: With this a tester was getting 500kb/s downloading a rom over 3G.

Please reply back with any results you find as I am looking for conformation of my findings.

If you try this in a different ROM please let me know your findings as well. This SHOULD work in any rooted X2.

Doesn't work on liberty for the moment. Gonna attempt it on fully stock liberty soon

Thanks to MoonShadow-NM for his assistance with the write up
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mod 2 - Can be used along with Mod1
Atrix lib replacement mod

This mod I found helped with increasing data speeds in my poor service location as well as an increase in speed in a good service location

Signal at a horrible -102 dBm I was getting a consistant 200kb/s download where I only had 100kb/s before using this in conjunction with mod 1 at a value of 10

Signal at a nice -62 dBm I got a nice 400-500kbs consistant download speed where I only had 250-300kb/s before using this in conjunction with mod 1 at a value of 10
Note: You may see a better increase as I am a huge data user and subject to network optimization by evil red.

This mod at my house also stopped my phone from jumping between two towers. One with a -130 signal and the better with a -102.

The attached file is an Atrix lib_motoril.so file. It is a different file from our stock blur file. It is about 50kb smaller in size then any X2 blurbased non-port rom file I found. It was given to me to try by a Alien port user after talking with him about his nice data speeds and connections prior to any modifications.

This is a fairly easy file swapping mod.

Download the attached atrix lib and extract wherever you want.

Navigate to the /system/lib/ folder in a file manager of choice and either backup by placing a .bak after the .so of the original libmoto_ril.so file.

Go to where you extracted the Atrix lib file. Copy and paste that file to your /system/lib folder and then set permissions to the rw-r--r-- for it..

Reboot and let me know if you had the same good results as me.

Thanks to kinevil for the atrix lib and idea to try this file!

I make sure BSR is installed before I try anything so I can do a battery pull and get into BSR. Wipe cache and dalvik if any issues come up first then you can always nandroid after that if needed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod 3 - May help with connection stability. Not speed.

Easy build.prop addtion

In a fike manager such as root browser and root manager got to /system/ and open your build.prop to edit.
Add the following line.

Code:

ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=

The standard mod for this us 1000. Feel free to play around with it. Please post your results.

Happy modding!

source:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1466245

both methods are applied on my sgy
works well...

Bro Zuex...na DL ko na lahta ng nasa TroubleShooting Thread mo...sir...

labo ng galaxy Y,,,ung screen parang nkaka antok tignan pag my ktxt k jejeje

Bro,Zeuz..hanggang ngaun negative parin ung unit ko,hanggang Samsung Logo lang talaga..

Grabe .. ang Init ng SGY ko pag nag Chacharge .. kamote :upset:

mga sir panu magnet gamit 2g mode? ayaw kasi gumana ng mga vpn sa 2g.

panu ba mag back up ng sgy?...nalak ko kasi gumamit ng custom rom e...

na root ko na xa kaso sabi pag gagamit ng custom rom mawawala yung warranty kasi mapapalitan yung kernel

kelangan ba mag unroot muna bago mag palit ng rom?

edit:

alam ko na kung panu...nabasa ko sa xda.. hehehe... flash mode :dance:

Last edited:
hello po, patulong po kung saan pa openline ng Online. taga pangasinan pa kasi ako eh.

nakakainis tong sun gusto ko mag globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom