- Reaction score
1. MONITOR LED IS BLINKING Check all the connections like Monitor Cable, Data cables,RAM, Display Card , CPU connections.
2. CONTINUOUS THREE BEEPS Problem in RAM Connection.
3. THREE BEEPS ( 1 Long 2 Short) Problem in Display Card Connection
4. THREE LONG BEEPS PERIOD WISE Problem in BIOS or RAM (Basic Input Output System)
5. CONTINUOS NON-STOP BEEPING Key Board Problem (I.e.; Some Key is pressed for Longer time)
6.AUTOMATIC RESTART RAM connection PSU
7. NO DISPLAY ON THE SCREEN AT ALL Hard Disk cable connected wrongly. Connect rightly seeing the Red mark (Faces power supply) and then Restart.
8. POWER LED IS OFF
a. Check main power cord b. Check S.M.P.S. c. Check Mother Board connection
9. SHOWING CMOS ERROR Replace 3 Volt battery of Mother Board . Set Original Settings Manually.(Refer CMOS Setup chart) Enter your search termsSubmit search form
10. SHOWING FDD ERROR OR FLOPPY DRIVE IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY Check Power cord of FDD , Data Cables , set CMOS & Finally the Check drive.
11. SHOWING HDD ERROR OR HARD DISK FAILURE
a. Check Power Cord b. Check connection of HDD c. Check Data cable d. Check Hard Disk parameters in CMOS or Auto detecting Setting Partitions by Fdisk Command, then format it to set track 0.
12. MOTHER BOARD HANGS DUE TO UNSTABILIZED POWER SUPPLY
a. Check S.M.P.S b. RAM not functioning properly. c. Software problem (due to using pirated software) d. CPU fan not functioning properly
13. DANCING SCREEN
a. Check Display card connection b. Virus Problem c. Video Memory Problem
14. SHAKING SCREEN
a. Earthing problem b. Magnetic waves comes around.
15. CPU CABINET SHOCK
a. Check Earthing b. Check main power cord.
16. NON-SYSTEM DISK ERROR
a. Floppy Drive having different disk (Non-Bootable Disk) OR CMOS Parameters for Hard Disk may not be set properly. b. Hard Disk Partitions may not be created. c. Hard Disk may not be formatted.
17. MISSING OPERATING SYSTEM The System files missing namely Ie; command.com} - User File IO.SYS & MS_DOS.SYS } -Hidden Files. These above three files required for Start up of the system that can be transferred by using SYS C: Command OR While the time of formatting by using Format c:/u/s
18. MISSING COMMAND INTERPRETOR May the file Command.com is corrupted OR Infected by Virus OR Some one has Erased it.
19. SHOWING I/O ERROR
a. The type of Hard Disk in CMOS may not be set properly. b. Operating system used for formatting is not valid
20. SHOWING DIVIDE OVER- FLOW MESSAGE
a. May some Directories or Files crash with other files. b. Use CHKDSK/F or SCANDISK Command to correct it.
21. HARD DISK MAKING NOISE WHILE PROCESSING
a. Unstabilized power supply. b. Check for Loose Contact. c. Do not use Y Connectors for Hard Disk. d. It may create Bad Sector OR Weak Hard Disk.
22. HARD DISK HANGS WHILE PROCESSING Check for Bad Sector by using CHKDSK or SCANDISK Command. If found format the Hard Disk and set Partition before that area.(This is the only procedure to use Hard Disk with Bad Sector) OR (To avoid Bad Sectors use Standard Power Supply)
23. HARD DISK NOT DETECTED
a. Check Power Connector b. Check Data Cables c. Check Jumpers
24. PARTITION NOT SHOWN Operating System where the Hard Disk formatted is not supported with present Mother Board. For Eg: Hard Disk formatted with Pentium System will hide their partitions for 486 System.
25. MMX/DLL FILE MISSING May the above files may be corrupted due to power failure or Virus. Make available above files from other Computer. OR Reinstall Windows Operating System. (This procedure will not make any effect on existing Data).
26. WINDOWS REGISTRY ERROR This will happen due to sudden ON/OFF of the system. Final solution is to Reinstall Operating System.
27. DISPLAY COLOUR DOES NOT MATCH
a. Configure Display Card properly with their CD. b. The Standard setting for Windows is set it to 800x600 for better performance.
28. UNKNOWN DEVICE FOUND May the Driver utility is not provided with operating system . Insert Driver CD and install software for the above Device. (Every Device requires driver utility to set active