Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Photoshop PSDTutorials [Create a Basic Vexel Image]

markhaye07

Apprentice
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Photoshop PSDTutorials [Learn more Tuts]
psdtutswq6.jpg

Share ko lang itong mga Tutorials

Last edited:
Re: Photoshop PSDTutorials [Learn more Tuts]

Advanced Glow Effects
Step 1:

we begin with a radial gradient. This one is pretty harsh and goes from a reddish brown color to black. Here are the exact color codes:

Foreground color - #922f00
Background color - #000000

18106953hc0.jpg

Step 2:

In this tutorial, we actually need a pretty intense center, so what we'll do is duplicate the layer we just made and set the one above to a blending mode of Color Dodge. There are a few types of blending modes, darkening ones, lightening ones, colorizing ones and inverting ones. Color Dodge is probably the strongest of the lightening ones. As you can see in the screenshot, it produces a pretty full-on center.

55585800bu5.jpg

Step 3:

Now in our glow effect, it helps to have a nice textured background. So we are going to create a sort of smoky haze. To do this, create a new layer, then make sure you have white, #ffffff, and black, #000000, selected as your background and foreground colors.

Then go to Filter > Render > Clouds. This will give you the same random cloud pattern as above.

95534061zh6.jpg

Step 4:

Now set the opacity of your layer to Overlay and 30% transparency. In some instances this would be enough, but for our needs we want it even smokier looking!

So go to Filter > Sketch > Chrome and use default settings of 4 and 7 for detail and smoothness respectively. Actually you can probably mess around with those if you want, but the defaults seem to be fine.

When you're done, the result should look a lot smokier (once its overlayed at 30% transparency that is). You can see the result in the background of the next screenshot.

83803125vr4.jpg

Step 5:

Now before we can start making glows, we need to have something to glow. Here's where we break out the pen tool. If you have used the pen tool much I suggest playing around with it a little. There are some tricky things you can do with shortcuts, but for this tutorial you don't need those.

In fact all we want to achieve are some nice curves. Fortunately this isn't too hard. I find the trick is not to use too many points. Instead rely on the Pen Tool's natural curving and drag the mouse out for each point so you get a big angle. In this S-curve shown above, I've only used three points, the starting point, the end point and one in between to give it the bend.

44696239ri6.jpg

Step 6:

Once you have a nice curve, create a new layer. Then click on the Paintbrush Tool (B) and choose a very thin, hard brush. As you know, soft brushes are the blurry ones and hard brushes are more solid. In this case I suggest using a thickness of 3.

Note that you can have any color selected as your brush color because we'll go over it with a layer style shortly.

61345077kc9.jpg

Step 7:

Now switch back to the Pen Tool. You must switch tools in order to do this next bit.

Then right-click and select Stroke Path. A little dialog box will appear as in the screenshot. Choose Brush and make sure there is a tick next to Simulate Pressure. This is important as it will give your curve tapered ends which will make it rock!

Next right click again and select Delete Path.

55996229fb5.jpg

Step 8:

You should now have something like the above. Just a thin, cool swishy thing.

30505854nx2.jpg

Step 9:

Now we add some glows. The easiest way to make our glows is to use layer styles. And the best way to tell you what layer styles to use is to tell you to download the sample Photoshop PSD from the bottom of this page and then open it up and look through them there.

In a nutshell, I've added two sets of glows. To do this I first use Outer Glow and then because I want a second glow, I change the Drop Shadow settings so that it becomes a glow (you can do this by reducing the Distance and changing the blend mode to something like Color Dodge)

Oh and also I've used a Color Overlay to make the item white so that its like the center of an intense glow.

1013a32a1lt7.jpg

Step 10:

So now you have the same line but with a cool glow coming off it. The beauty of using a layer style is that you can copy and paste it to other layers. To do this you just right-click the layer and select Copy Layer Style then create a new layer and right-click and choose Paste Layer Style.

10mk5.jpg

Step 11:

So now repeat the same process a couple of times to make more squiggly lines.

In this instance, I made one a little thicker by changing the paint brush size before I did the Stroke Path bit of the process. I also made a third line and erased part of it and sorta made it join the other two to look like a cool triangular shape.

11bn3.jpg

Step 12:

Here I've added some text in and applied the same layer style to the text layers.

It's important to pay lots of care and attention to your text. When you're first starting out, use simple fonts and play with spacing between letters, words and sizes. You can achieve a lot with just some small tricks. Here I've contrasted the three words by making Glow a lot larger and in regular casing, then made Advanced and FX much smaller, with greater space between the letters and all caps.

You can control spacing with text using the Character window. If it isn't already open go to Window > Character and it should appear. Mess about with the different settings until you learn what each controls.

12su7.jpg

Step 13:

Now we add some particles. To do this, create a new layer then select a tiny paint brush - size 3 - and just paint some dots on. It helps if they are clustered towards the center of the glow so that it looks like they are emanating from there.

You can make some of the central ones larger by doubling over on them with a second paint brush dab.

Then paste our Glow layer style on to that layer too!

13fp2.jpg

Step 14:

Now that's looking pretty cool, but it will look even cooler if we give it some subtle coloring instead of this super gaudy red.

So create a new layer, and using a radial gradient, draw a blue to white gradient as shown.

15pk5.jpg

Step 15:

Then set that layer to a blending mode of Color and change the opacity to 50%.

You'll see that it turns the image kind of bluish. I think that's looking much cooler already, but just to go that extra step I also created a couple of extra layers, one with some faint yellow and one with faint purple. You can see them in the screenshot above.

I set each layer to blending mode of Color and thin opacities so that they all fade together.

16lq9.jpg

Step 16:

And there you have it: advanced glow effects with a cool color blend and subtle smoky background combined make for a pretty great effect.

Just remember to experiment with settings and try applying the glow to different things to see how it turns out. And try different color combinations, some surprising combinations turn out really beautiful. Good luck!

psdtutswq6.jpg

Design a Vista Styled Wallpaper

Step 1

Start a new screen sized document in Photoshop. In this case, I chose 1024px by 768px resolution so I can see the whole thing without scrolling. Fill the background with black color. Then pick the Polygonal Lasso Tool, and choose a part of the document. Then use the Gradient Tool to draw a gradient from white to transparent into new layer. Repeat this several times (always into new layer).

vistabackground01163af6yc6.jpg

Step 2

To make the background less expressive, turn the Opacity down.

vistabackground02163c46ph2.jpg

Step 3

Merge the layers together (Ctrl + E). Then blur them with the Gaussian Blur filter. A small preview of whole document follows.

vistabackground03163e62wg4.jpg

Step 4

To make it more expressive in some places continue drawing radial gradients from white to transparent.

vistabackground04163f4bzo9.jpg

Step 5

Turn its opacity to a hardly remarkable level.

vistabackground061659b9xu1.jpg

Step 6

Well, there is never enough white to transparent gradients, right?

vistabackground07166224nr3.jpg

Step 7

Just don't forget to turn the opacity down wisely.

vistabackground08166a50qe7.jpg

Step 8

You can make the background more interesting by copying all the layers and flipping them (Ctrl + T), or move them a little.

vistabackground09167238cd5.jpg

Step 9

256 shades of grey aren't enough for this gentle manipulation.

vistabackground101681dczl5.jpg

Step 10

That is why we should merge the layers together, and blur them again a little. That is what solves the rough gradients, but another problem arises - the picture darkens on the sides, and the dark parts make strange "waves."

vistabackground11168c2ffh0.jpg

Step 11

This can be fixed with a larger document than the screen resolution, or add a frame that is wide enough. And remember that for next time. That is how we solved random gradients on a background.

vistabackground121695b9mw6.jpg

Step 12

Now we can start doing the foreground with blue and green curves. Start with drawing a huge ellipse with the Ellipse Tool. Pick the Path Selection Tool (A). Then select the ellipse, copy it (Ctrl+C), then insert it (Ctrl+V), and then transform it (Ctrl + T) to make it smaller. Set the drawing style for this path to subtract, so we see only what is between these two ellipses.

vistabackground1416a04dcm0.jpg

Step 13

Fill the layer with a blue color (#62AAF4). Then copy, move, enlarge, make it smaller, and turn the Opacity down or up. Do this a few times.

vistabackground1516a225hl5.jpg

Step 14

Then repeat these actions with the green (#20EDC4) shapes.

vistabackground1616a96azc0.jpg

Step 15

Next I decided to darken the gradients in the background a little, as they get too much attention. This should be better.

vistabackground1716b2dcvs6.jpg

Step 16

Continue with creating larger curved shapes. Then blur those shapes, which will give that extra glow effect. Notice the big blue curves being created in the image below.

vistabackground1816bc71gu7.jpg

Step 17

Next we'll make big curve shapes for the greens as well. Those big shapes are the previous ellipses copied. Then with Path Selection Tool, we select one smaller ellipse that gets smaller again. See the image below.

vistabackground1916c4dfvn1.jpg

Step 18

The colors of those shapes are still the same, just the Opacity is turned down. Sometimes, the opacity is turned down to a hardly noticeable level of (5-10%), as shown below.

vistabackground2016cbc1zf5.jpg

Step 19

Place all the blue and green layers into a new folder. Then copy that folder, move it sideways, and turn it a little.

vistabackground2116dc1ftp1.jpg

Step 20

Let's get started with the lighting part. The first step is to change the layer's interaction to Linear Dodge .

vistabackground2316e238fp3.jpg

Step 21

The second step is to add the layer effect of Drop Shadow. Set it to a large size with the color the same as the shape in the layer (blue, green). Also, set the interaction to Linear Dodge again.

vistabackground2416ed29bn9.jpg

Step 22

I don't have enough green layers in the document, so I copy some more.

vistabackground2516ef8doe6.jpg

Step 23

Copy the layer styles to every blue layer (just change the effect color to blue). Part of the design is shown in the following image, which is the result we want so far.

vistabackground2616f9aajb2.jpg

Step 24

To achieve the bright glowing light look, we need to repeat the same things over and over again. You can use the previous big layers, merge them together, and set their interaction to Linear Dodge. Then you can add a mask layer. Then go to Filter > Render > Clouds in this mask. That makes the layer visible in only some places.

vistabackground281700c9ld2.jpg

Step 25

If you make all layers visible, the result becomes more expressive.

vistabackground30171196lc7.jpg

Step 26

We can do the effect manually as well. For example, create a new Adjustment layer with the Brightness & Contrast turned up. Fill the layer mask with a black color, which makes the effect visible nowhere. Then start drawing in the mask with a white soft brush. The brush revels the effect. It increases the brightness only where you want it to. This technique may be used for the final brightening of both the blue and green curved shapes.

vistabackground32171414pe4.jpg

Step 27

Here is the preview at 100% size. Using the adjustment layer generates good looking overburns.

vistabackground33171a61fv0.jpg

Final result

Your image is complete. Again, do not hesitate to experiment. You are only limited by your computer performance. Click the following picture to see the result at 100% in 1024px by 768px resolution.

vistabackground35ta2.jpg

tol ask ko lang.. kapag Dodge color ba kailangan ng another workspace or layer?..

pano po ung sa step 2 ung pag blending mode na po d ko lam kung asan e

tol ask ko lang.. kapag Dodge color ba kailangan ng another workspace or layer?..

pano po ung sa step 2 ung pag blending mode na po d ko lam kung asan e

ok,eto gawin nyo, duplicate lang po natin ung layer na ginawa natin dun sa step 1, tapos ung duplicate na un, un ung i co-color dodge natin...see the sreenshot :)

colordodgebb8.jpg

Create a Cool Water Ripple Effect in Illustrator

Step 1

Let's get started by drawing a circle using the Ellipse Tool. Hold Shift as you drag on the canvas to make it a perfect circle. Next, change it to a gradient fill in the tool palette. By default it is a white to black gradient.

ripple01222fb5rv7.jpg

Step 2

Open up your Gradient Palette (Window>Gradient). Change the Type to Radial and select the gradient end point (square with an arrow icon). Set it to blue using your Color Palette.

ripple0222b447po6.jpg

Step 3

Select the first gradient point and set it to a dark blue. Click beside it to create a new gradient point, and set it to white. Repeat this to create a new gradient point beside this new point, and set it back to blue.

ripple032349ffmc7.jpg

Step 4

Let's continue repeating the steps until we have something as shown below. You will notice the darkest point is set in the middle. Don't worry too much how the ripple will look like at this stage, as we can tweak it later on.

ripple0423f67bui7.jpg

Step 5

Select the circle and you will see a bounding box appear. Drag a corner and squash it into a an oval shape.

ripple05249367of9.jpg

Step 6

Now we will start creating the background. Draw a new Rectangle Shape. By default it will use the radial gradient we have created.

ripple06250645qt9.jpg

Step 7

Open up your Gradient Palette again. Change it to a Linear Type this time. Keep the start and end points. Delete the rest of the unnecessary points. Finally, select the start point and change it to a lighter blue.

ripple07259084za7.jpg

Step 8

Send the background to the back by pressing (Ctrl/Command + Left Bracket). Resize the background so that we have more space on the top. Select the Gradient Tool and click and drag from top to bottom to change the gradient direction.

ripple08269206pf9.jpg

Step 9 - More Ripples

Let's draw more ripples to make it look more realistic. Draw a new oval shape using the Ellipse Tool. Select the Scissors Tool. Then cut it at the bottom left and top right. This will break it into 2 segments.

ripple09275e5eif6.jpg

Step 10

Drag the 2 segments into the ripple. You can resize it by dragging the bounding box. Repeat the above steps to create more ripples, as shown below. Have fun adding new ripples until you achieve a great looking ripple effect.

ripple1027f416er1.jpg

Step 11 - The Ripple Brush

Let's start creating the brush for the ripple. Draw a long thin oval with the Ellipse Tool. Select the Pen Tool, hover it to right corner, and hold Alt/Option. It will change to an arrow icon. Click the point to change it to a corner point. Do this for the left corner and bottom pont.

ripple11285457ho8.jpg

Step 12

Click the bottom point and press the Arrow Up key to move the point until the baseline becomes straight as shown below. Open up your Brushes Palette (Window>Brushes). Then drag your shape to the palette to create a New Art Brush.

ripple1228b38ege7.jpg

Step 13

Select all the ripples and choose the new art brush. The brush effect will be applied to the ripples. If the ripples appear too thick you can change the stroke weight to make it thinner.

ripple13292497bj5.jpg

Step 14

Now we will need to expand it so that we can fill it with a gradient. Select all the ripples, and go Object>Flatten Transparency. Set the Raster/Vector Balance to 100 and click OK. It is grouped by default after your flattened it. Press Ctrl+Shift+G/Command+Shift+G to ungroup it.

ripple14298b8fta8.jpg

Step 15

Select each ripple and give it a different color gradient effect. With the Gradient Tool, we can select and drag to change the gradient directions. We can also also use the Color Picker to pick colors from our main ripple. To do this, select a gradient point first, then select the Color Picker and hold Shift as you click the main ripple to sample the color. With this in mind, we can quickly apply the gradients to all the ripples.

ripple152a0ee8ko3.jpg

Step 16

Here is the final ripple. I have set the darkest ripple in the middle and it get's lighter towards the edge.

ripple162a80bccm3.jpg

Step 17 - Water Droplet

Let's create the water droplet. Draw a blue circle using the Ellipse Tool. Go to Object>Create Gradient Mesh. Use the settings shown below.

ripple172ad526ah3.jpg

Step 18

With the Direct Selection Tool, select the second point from the bottom. Set it to white using the Color Palette. Next, select the second point from the top and give it a lighter blue.

ripple182b245fru3.jpg

Step 19

Select the 3 points in the middle row and set it to a darker blue. Next we will start to edit the gradient mesh. Select the point beside the white point and drag it away from the white point. Do this for the other side and the 3 darkest points. Our goal here is to make the white highlight more oval instead of circle.

ripple192b9f8abx3.jpg

Step 20

Finally we move the water droplet above the ripple. Click and hold Alt/Option as you drag to create a duplicate. Repeat it until you have 3 water droplets above the ripple.

ripple202c16ddwr5.jpg

Step 21

Squash the second water droplet and resize it smaller using the Transform Tool. Also make the top water droplet the smallest. Finally, I make my final tweaking to the ripple by transforming it bigger as I felt it is too tight.

ripple212c7895kg2.jpg

Step 22

If you are unhappy with the color for the the water droplets, you can further adjust it. Here's how to do it. Select the 3 droplets and go Filter>Colors>Adjust Colors. Check Preview and increase the Green to make it look turquoise.

ripple222ccea4oi9.jpg

Step 23

Below is our final image of a serene water ripple effect.

waterripple2d1736yp3.jpg

Re: Photoshop PSDTutorials [New Tuts Added]

Design a Glossy Download Icon

Step 1

Let's start our new document by setting the background color to #303030. Then create a circular shape using the Ellipse tool (U), keep holding Shift while dragging outwards to create a perfect circle. Start dragging from the center of the canvas while holding down Alt. This way the shape is centered around the initial position of your mouse. Fill this shape with #bcbcbc, and name the layer "ring 1."
step1.jpg

Step 2

Duplicate the "ring 1" layer. Then use the Free Transform Tool (CMD+T) to re-size the circle slightly, so that it matches the one created previously. I've named this layer "ring 2."
CTRL + Click on the "ring 2" layer to create a selection around the smaller circle. Then navigate to select > modify > expand. Then use an expansion radius of 3 pixels. Go back to the "ring 1" layer and hit the Add Layer Mask button in the layer palette, as illustrated below. This cuts out the part that is covered by the "ring 2" shape.
step2.jpg

Step 3

Next apply layers styles to both "ring 1" and "ring 2" layers. Follow the instructions in the image below. A gradient overlay is generally used on the 'outer shell' of a web graphic to give it depth. It can be used to inset an image when contrasting gradients are used. This is an old technique, which is not necessary for our image. Furthermore, inner glow, when used with dark colors will create a sort of 'inflated' look. It gives the illusion of a shadow being present all around the shape, thus causing the shape to rise up from the canvas.
step3.jpg

Step 4

Select "ring 2" again, and on a new layer drag down a gradient. Set this layer to hard light.
step4.jpg

Step 5

On a new layer, create another ring and apply the same layer style as was used on "ring 2" (see step 3). I called this layer "ring 3." It may seem unorthodox to stack the same elements over and over again, but the layered effect is a time saving technique used to create something complex looking.
step5.jpg

Step 6

Duplicate the "ring 3" layer and call it "fill." Our icon is going to be blue, so fill it with #446fce. Then change the layer styles, as shown in the image below.
step6.jpg

Step 7

Duplicate the "fill" layer. Then set the fill to 0% (Not the opacity). Then call it "highlight ring," and apply the layer styles shown below.
step7.jpg

Step 8

Create a new layer, call it "highlight brush." Then set it to soft light. Next, using a soft white brush gently tap the top of the blue part until it starts to light up.
step8.jpg

Step 9

Go to the custom shape tool. Then at the top, select the arrow that I marked in the image below. Drag this arrow out while holding shift for a nice even shape. Rotate it, so that it faces downwards, use free transform (ctrl/cmd + t) to do this. Then duplicate the layer, move it up a bit (you can use the arrow keys), and again use free transform to make it slightly smaller. Hold shift when making the element smaller so that it retains the correct proportions.
step9.jpg

Step 10

I merged these two shapes and called the layer "arrows." Next, add the following layer styles to this layer.
step10.jpg

Step 11

Time to add the gloss, I called this layer "glossy". First, I drew out a shape. Then I set the opacity of that layer to 30%. Next, I ctrl/cmd + click on the blue layer. Then I select the circle outline. Hit the mask button (like in step 2), and everything outside of the selection is masked away. Use a soft black brush on the mask, and go right along the edges to soften them up. This is a matter of taste though.
step11.jpg

Step 12

Lastly, let's add a shadow on a new layer below all of the other layers we just created. Use a soft black brush and tap in such a way that just the edges of each brush stroke are visible. Our final image is below.
step12.jpg

Create a Basic Vexel Image

Step 1

Get started by creating a new document 768px by 1024px and paste this image in. Delete the background layer. Then add a new white Solid Color Fill Layer.
1.jpg

Step 2

Now the few things you'll need is the Pen Tool and a lot of patience. Select the Pen Tool, and set this Foreground Color as #FFE400. This is not really important because you'll change the colors later. Create some points over the yellow stripes. After you have created a shape, select Add To Shape Area in the Pen options. Then continue drawing. This way you'll get a complex shape in one layer. Name this layer "BGLines."
Hide the picture layer for a moment. You'll get something like image 3 below. Finally, put the picture layer above the "BGLines" layer, and show it. Remember this step, because you must put the picture layer above the others as many times as you need.
2.jpg

Step 3

Now use a white foreground, and draw the shirt contour. Create a new layer named "Shirt." Don't worry about the green stripes right now. Once you have finish all the shirt shape, hide the picture layer. View the result. Then put the "Shirt" layer above the "BGLines," and remember to put the "picture" layer above all the other layers every time you draw a shape.
3.jpg

Step 4

Draw the arms and the hands. I draw each one on a different layer, but you can draw both arms in a single layer. Maybe the most difficult object to draw is the human hand. Check the fingernails; I used almost a 90º curved angle there. Finally place the "hands" and "arms" layers above the "Shirt" layer.
4.jpg

Step 5

Draw the pants shape, use a blue foreground color (#002352). Place the "Jeans" layer above the "BGLines" layer.
5.jpg

Step 6

Using the same foreground color as the hands, draw the face and head shape. Place the "Head" layer below the "Shirt" layer.
6.jpg

Step 7

Now draw the brunette hair (#7e4a22). Then place the new "Hair" layer above the "Head"layer.
7.jpg

Step 8

Now, for the sun glasses use a dark gray foreground color (#212121). Put the "Sunglasses" layer above both the "Head" and the "Hair" layers.
8.jpg

Step 9

At this point, we get the basic shape of the girl. Now it's time to add some details. First, add the green stripes. It's not difficult, and should take only about ten to fifteen minutes. Remember to select Add to Shape Area in the Pen Options. Then set a green foreground (#03b72d). Place the "Shirt lines" layer above the "Shirt" layer.
9.jpg

Step 10

Draw the lips (#E05328) and the upper lip (#A33B1E). Also, draw a little black nose hole. Put these three layers above the "Head" layer.
10.jpg

Step 11

Now we'll add the final details. Set the "picture" layer Opacity to 50%. This will give it a better look than the previous drawn shapes. Add the sunglasses crystal using a gray color (#404040), place the "Sunglasses Crystal" layer above the "Sunglasses" layer.
11.jpg

Step 12

This is an important step, we'll add some vector shadows to the skin to create a lightening illusion. For this there's no shape to follow. You must use your common sense. A good way to do it is looking at the dark areas of the skin create a similar shape. Be sure to always use the Pen Tool for this. I used a dark orange color (#d29115). Place the "Skin Shadows" layer above the "Hands" layers.
12.jpg

Step 13

Draw some shadow shapes using a dark blue foreground. Then place the "Jeans shadow" layer above the "Jeans" layer.
13.jpg

Step 14

At this point you have a basic vexel of the girl's picture, you can add more details if you want to.
14.jpg

Step 15

Now you can customize the shapes using your imagination, I'll begin changing the colors as follows: Skin (#F8C769), Skin Shadow (#E7B148), Shirt stripes (#C50505), Background (#C50505), and Background stripes (#FFFFFF).
15.jpg

Step 16

Create a new Group of layers, name them "Girl." Add all the layers to the group except "BGLines" and "BG." Select the group and resize it.
16.jpg

Step 17

Select the "Sunglasses Crystal" layer. Then add a Gradient Overlay (#3D3D3D to #858585). First add Linear Light Overlay then a Pattern Overlay. I used the "Optical Checkerboard" pattern. Ensure that Link with Layer option is selected. Drag the pattern a little to get the result shown below.
17.jpg

Step 18

Select the "Jeans" layer. Then add a Gradient Overlay (#00345E - #025B87).
18.jpg

Step 19

Select the "BG" layer. Then add a Gradient Overlay that goes from red to dark red (#C70704 - #6A0000)..
19.jpg

Step 20

Add the same Overlay to the "Shirt lines" layer, but reverse the colors this time (#6A0000 - #C70704 ).
20.jpg

Step 21

Now select the "BGLines" layer, and add a Gradient Stroke style using these values.
21.jpg

Step 22

In "BGLines" layer add a Pattern Overlay using the same pattern as the sunglasses, but this time deselect the Link with layer option. Then click on Snap to Origin, this way you are fixing the pattern to the origin of the document.
22.jpg

Step 23

Add the same pattern style to the "Shirt" layer. Remember to deselect the Link to Layer option. As you can see below, it looks like only one layer style.
23.jpg

final.jpg

Last edited:
wish me luck... sana mgwa ko 2h... hehe.. slamat!!

Create a Basic Vexel Image

Step 1

Get started by creating a new document 768px by 1024px and paste this image in. Delete the background layer. Then add a new white Solid Color Fill Layer.
1.jpg

Step 2

Now the few things you'll need is the Pen Tool and a lot of patience. Select the Pen Tool, and set this Foreground Color as #FFE400. This is not really important because you'll change the colors later. Create some points over the yellow stripes. After you have created a shape, select Add To Shape Area in the Pen options. Then continue drawing. This way you'll get a complex shape in one layer. Name this layer "BGLines."
Hide the picture layer for a moment. You'll get something like image 3 below. Finally, put the picture layer above the "BGLines" layer, and show it. Remember this step, because you must put the picture layer above the others as many times as you need.
2.jpg

Step 3

Now use a white foreground, and draw the shirt contour. Create a new layer named "Shirt." Don't worry about the green stripes right now. Once you have finish all the shirt shape, hide the picture layer. View the result. Then put the "Shirt" layer above the "BGLines," and remember to put the "picture" layer above all the other layers every time you draw a shape.
3.jpg

Step 4

Draw the arms and the hands. I draw each one on a different layer, but you can draw both arms in a single layer. Maybe the most difficult object to draw is the human hand. Check the fingernails; I used almost a 90º curved angle there. Finally place the "hands" and "arms" layers above the "Shirt" layer.
4.jpg

Step 5

Draw the pants shape, use a blue foreground color (#002352). Place the "Jeans" layer above the "BGLines" layer.
5.jpg

Step 6

Using the same foreground color as the hands, draw the face and head shape. Place the "Head" layer below the "Shirt" layer.
6.jpg

Step 7

Now draw the brunette hair (#7e4a22). Then place the new "Hair" layer above the "Head"layer.
7.jpg

Step 8

Now, for the sun glasses use a dark gray foreground color (#212121). Put the "Sunglasses" layer above both the "Head" and the "Hair" layers.
8.jpg

Step 9

At this point, we get the basic shape of the girl. Now it's time to add some details. First, add the green stripes. It's not difficult, and should take only about ten to fifteen minutes. Remember to select Add to Shape Area in the Pen Options. Then set a green foreground (#03b72d). Place the "Shirt lines" layer above the "Shirt" layer.
9.jpg

Step 10

Draw the lips (#E05328) and the upper lip (#A33B1E). Also, draw a little black nose hole. Put these three layers above the "Head" layer.
10.jpg

Step 11

Now we'll add the final details. Set the "picture" layer Opacity to 50%. This will give it a better look than the previous drawn shapes. Add the sunglasses crystal using a gray color (#404040), place the "Sunglasses Crystal" layer above the "Sunglasses" layer.
11.jpg

Step 12

This is an important step, we'll add some vector shadows to the skin to create a lightening illusion. For this there's no shape to follow. You must use your common sense. A good way to do it is looking at the dark areas of the skin create a similar shape. Be sure to always use the Pen Tool for this. I used a dark orange color (#d29115). Place the "Skin Shadows" layer above the "Hands" layers.
12.jpg

Step 13

Draw some shadow shapes using a dark blue foreground. Then place the "Jeans shadow" layer above the "Jeans" layer.
13.jpg

Step 14

At this point you have a basic vexel of the girl's picture, you can add more details if you want to.
14.jpg

Step 15

Now you can customize the shapes using your imagination, I'll begin changing the colors as follows: Skin (#F8C769), Skin Shadow (#E7B148), Shirt stripes (#C50505), Background (#C50505), and Background stripes (#FFFFFF).
15.jpg

Step 16

Create a new Group of layers, name them "Girl." Add all the layers to the group except "BGLines" and "BG." Select the group and resize it.
16.jpg

Step 17

Select the "Sunglasses Crystal" layer. Then add a Gradient Overlay (#3D3D3D to #858585). First add Linear Light Overlay then a Pattern Overlay. I used the "Optical Checkerboard" pattern. Ensure that Link with Layer option is selected. Drag the pattern a little to get the result shown below.
17.jpg

Step 18

Select the "Jeans" layer. Then add a Gradient Overlay (#00345E - #025B87).
18.jpg

Step 19

Select the "BG" layer. Then add a Gradient Overlay that goes from red to dark red (#C70704 - #6A0000)..
19.jpg

Step 20

Add the same Overlay to the "Shirt lines" layer, but reverse the colors this time (#6A0000 - #C70704 ).
20.jpg

Step 21

Now select the "BGLines" layer, and add a Gradient Stroke style using these values.
21.jpg

Step 22

In "BGLines" layer add a Pattern Overlay using the same pattern as the sunglasses, but this time deselect the Link with layer option. Then click on Snap to Origin, this way you are fixing the pattern to the origin of the document.
22.jpg

Step 23

Add the same pattern style to the "Shirt" layer. Remember to deselect the Link to Layer option. As you can see below, it looks like only one layer style.
23.jpg

final.jpg

maganda po ito pero nahihirapan aq sa pen tool

sir markhaye07, sinunod ko po yung tututs nyo nung una. CS3 po gamit ko, tanong ko lang comments nyo sa nagawa ko.

Eto yung unang tutut, sinunod ko lang yung sinabi nyo, kaso hindi ko naman nakita yung "Stroke Path", nun ni-right click ko eh, disabled yung "Stroke Path" kaya skipped yun. Nu po sa tingin nyo?
Cylindrical_sig.png

Eto po sana eh lalagyan ko nung gloss effect, kaso di ko makuha yung mask...
Krom_sig.png

Eto and isang failed attempt sa vista wallpaper, haha
Wallpaper.png

Eto po para sa isang game, developer po kasi ako, ok po ba?
title_test.png

c&c po, :salute:

Bro san po ung PSD files ng Advanced Glow Effects??? kasi bingagit mo sa bottom of th e page e wala naman e... download ko sana..we can download the Blending option of Brush.. Please Upload the Advanced Glow Effects PSD file bro thanks a lot.

WOW nice tuts! hahhaa solid mga tutorials dito! :D maraming maraming salamat mga bossing! :D

Back
Top Bottom