Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Pinoy Programmers are Copy & Paste programmers???

ConanKudou

Amateur
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just read another forum/blog about Filipino programmers capacity to compete globally, just put to note that according to what I perceived about the articles, most of the Pinoy programmers are merely copying the codes, just because there is no ownership declared to the site and the information/codes are very easy to have just to seem original. I found also one blog that suggesting on outsourcing Filipino programmers to work abroad in tech field, apparently they viewed Filipino is not as much talented compare to Indians and western people.

There are so many students reluctantly said that even in school they are taught somehow like that, there is already a template for them just to fill in, but rarely they've created from scratch, that is why this attitude of copy and paste becomes a culture.

Is that so? What is the qualifications of the real-world programmers, this is not limited only to web development but to software application as well.

Thank you guys for giving your opinion about the matter.
:weep::weep::reading::reading:

Provide links to those forum/blogs/articles please.

well we cannot compare the level of education systems in other country..that's why..we cannot blame them..pero ang lamang lang natin ay sipag at matyaga, ung ibang lahi kasi gusto boss sila...you know what I mean..

can't generalize, depende narin sa studyante yan, kung gusto matuto o hindi, sabagay yung iba nag IIT lang kasi malaki 'daw' kita. lahat naman ata ng programmer tumitingin ng stackoverflow pag may problem.

marami ngang IT ang naproproduce nag pinas pero hindi lahat competent, baka nga 10% lang ang graduates competent, sa dami ng easy graduate courses sa tabi tabi para mag ka diploma.

can't generalize, depende narin sa studyante yan, kung gusto matuto o hindi, sabagay yung iba nag IIT lang kasi malaki 'daw' kita. lahat naman ata ng programmer tumitingin ng stackoverflow pag may problem.

marami ngang IT ang naproproduce nag pinas pero hindi lahat competent, baka nga 10% lang ang graduates competent, sa dami ng easy graduate courses sa tabi tabi para mag ka diploma.

hindi ko din kasi mapaniwalaan na kung two-years grad lang at hindi nmn prominient school nagtapos ay hindi na pwedeng maging magaling, I knew people na hindi naman AMA o STI pero okey padin sila. Aminado din naman na availabale na ang template sa net, kya bkit padaw need ipaulit-ulit? tas yung cost ng programmer sa abroad mababa ang bigayan compare sa ibang lahi. bkit ganun? :upset:

Wow, bagong bago yung mga discussion. Isang 2008 at isang 2011 :lol:

I wonder ilang programmers na ina-aabsorb ng company nila sa Singapore, Japan at US after nung post na yun.

Yung copy-paste programmers, it's pretty normal kahit anong lahi pa.

Honestly, one should be able to easily figure out why not to believe in such claims.

Wow, bagong bago yung mga discussion. Isang 2008 at isang 2011 :lol:

I wonder ilang programmers na ina-aabsorb ng company nila sa Singapore, Japan at US after nung post na yun.

Yung copy-paste programmers, it's pretty normal kahit anong lahi pa.

Honestly, one should be able to easily figure out why not to believe in such claims.

opo medyo luma na nga po yung mga post, gaya nga po ng sabi ko nabasa ko lang naman, kahapon nga lang actually, however, gusto ko din naman malaman ang opinyon ng iba, no harm in asking anyway. Gusto ko din pulsuhan kung trend ba tlga ang copy paste at kung justifiable naman yun in case to case basis.

I just created the thread to gather information, everybody is unique and they may have distinct codes. Possess peculiar coding abilities.

well not only filipino lang ang gumagawa niyan and not all programmers ay may sari sariling codes kahit bali baliktarin mo ang mundo may time na magkakapareho at siyempre depende sa diskarte yan ng programmer kung gusto mapadali ang trabaho well dun tayo sa nagawa na ganun tayo madiskarte xD and need lang naman ng konting edit edit aahahah xD and also bat ka pa gagawa ng nagawa na xD eh pinoy tayo eh hindi copy paste dapat yan kundi diskarte xD

Well to be honest, Isa ako sa mga COPY PASTE programmers. but not that copylahat.. i only copy codes for my reference to study how and what's the flow inside of that block of codes, well dito natuto ako kung pano yung flow nila, and i implement it by using my own knowledge about sa coding.. if eventually na may mali, tingin sa code nila then search sa internet kung ano pa pwede mga possible na ilagay, sa pag develop ko lng ng site, pero sa c# HAHAH nganga mejo nahihirapan magbasa kasi sa frameworks

Makasali na nga rin. Medyo matagal na yung thread 2008 p yung thread. Script Kiddies na ngaun hahahaha but the Filipino programmers ay may sariling style kokopyahin tapos konting hokus pokus konting space at tab for indention. Wahhlhhaa codes na nila yun. Time is essential kasi s mga programmers kulang ang oras para maggenerate at mag test ng program or codes mo (just like what our ka-TS mentioned) I still rememer way back mga 1996 when I was still studying as BSCS hindi pa gaanong sikat si google si yahoo ang sikat p nun it's hard to search for a sample codes kaya aral talaga kami nun gawa ng sariling prgram for PASCAL ,for C++/#, VB, Assembly Lang. at ang COBOL, HTML. The reason why more on Accounting payroll tayo Hindi ko masabi kung because of the education or because of yun kasi ang medyo madaling imarket no patch needed no upgrade or update needed. Unlike creating games like anito I don't know what happened d2 kailangan ng patch iupdate etc. Pero all in all magaling ang Filipino programmers

Para saken, normal na yang copy and paste. Hindi na din siguro yan nagkaiba sa pagdownload ng isang library to implement sa project mo. Actually yun ang power ng OOP (my opinion lang). Why spend so much time to develop a class or library kung my fully tested and CUSTOMIZABLE naman na sa web. Bottom line nalang is, learning and development never stops. Kahit na dinownload o kinopya mo lang, you should fully understand how the code works bago mo i-implement sa project mo. In that way, nasolve mo problema mo at the same time natuto kapa.. ;):):p

ok lang namna yan, as long as you are just getting the syntax kasi ako di ko rin kabisado ung syntax ng mga PL, as long as alam mo ung logic i think there is no problem with that.

Whoever wrote those blogs are probably talking about student programmers who are more prone to copying other people's work.

I found also one blog that suggesting on outsourcing Filipino programmers to work abroad in tech field, apparently they viewed Filipino is not as much talented compare to Indians and western people.
Every time I see an argument like that I always want to ask if they can back up their claim with numbers :p otherwise, their opinions are limited to their experiences ONLY. There are probably a good number of Pinoy Software Developers scattered around the globe who are pretty good at what they're doing. Although, I *think* we are under-represented in this field (or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong places).

Para saken, normal na yang copy and paste. Hindi na din siguro yan nagkaiba sa pagdownload ng isang library to implement sa project mo. Actually yun ang power ng OOP (my opinion lang). Why spend so much time to develop a class or library kung my fully tested and CUSTOMIZABLE naman na sa web. Bottom line nalang is, learning and development never stops. Kahit na dinownload o kinopya mo lang, you should fully understand how the code works bago mo i-implement sa project mo. In that way, nasolve mo problema mo at the same time natuto kapa.. ;):):p

But when we are dealing to our clients regarding the time frame of the project, we will affirm
to certain time to fulfill the task right? that is tantamount to say that we are planning the time that
we assume it will be done. Pag po ba nagsabi tayo ng one month ay one month ba tlga yun mabubuo from scratch
o maiisip natin na one week lang yun gagawin kasi may buo na template, palitan nlng ng ibang mga fields?

pero agree ako dun sa "diskarte" term..

actually! it's not a big deal kung copy or paste why?
because you can use it as a reference codes.
yung mga syntax ba ng mga programming language.
example: php
d'bat mysql, mysqli at pdo.
kung yung reference codes mo is nasa mysql and then isinalin mo ng pdo.
so ano na sa tingin nyo guys ano na ang tawag dun? copy and paste?

Whoever wrote those blogs are probably talking about student programmers who are more prone to copying other people's work.

Every time I see an argument like that I always want to ask if they can back up their claim with numbers :p otherwise, their opinions are limited to their experiences ONLY. There are probably a good number of Pinoy Software Developers scattered around the globe who are pretty good at what they're doing. Although, I *think* we are under-represented in this field (or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong places).

I agree with you with "numbers". But there is also qualitative way of asking, dealing with perceptions and how people reacted on such issues. The forum I guess was created to enlighten.:).. however,nobody claims here, this is just a mere opinionated thread, I just read something and
felt the urge to know what's the truth behind. I am not as good as you are that is why I have so many questions and confusions.:)

I agree with you with "numbers". But there is also qualitative way of asking, dealing with perceptions and how people reacted on such issues. The forum I guess was created to enlighten.:).. however,nobody claims here, this is just a mere opinionated thread, I just read something and
felt the urge to know what's the truth behind. I am not as good as you are that is why I have so many questions and confusions.:)

I totally agree with you :) and my response was not directed to you nor to your opinion, btw. And when I said "we", I meant us Filipinos in general are under-represented in this sector.

In my opinion, we Filipinos can be competitive in the global software development market given the right circumstances. However, right now, I don't think we have the capability to produce huge amounts of quality engineers like India, China, and Eastern European does. Mainly because the type of public education we have does not have a clear emphasis on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) this is also true in some schools in the private sector. India's government made education a top priority beginning in the middle of 20th century. China's education system has been on the same level for centuries. Take a look at both countries now and their achievements in the technology field. IF our country starts promoting STEM to students as early as grade school then we can accomplish the same success.

I totally agree with you :) and my response was not directed to you nor to your opinion, btw. And when I said "we", I meant us Filipinos in general are under-represented in this sector.

In my opinion, we Filipinos can be competitive in the global software development market given the right circumstances. However, right now, I don't think we have the capability to produce huge amounts of quality engineers like India, China, and Eastern European does. Mainly because the type of public education we have does not have a clear emphasis on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) this is also true in some schools in the private sector. India's government made education a top priority beginning in the middle of 20th century. China's education system has been on the same level for centuries. Take a look at both countries now and their achievements in the technology field. IF our country starts promoting STEM to students as early as grade school then we can accomplish the same success.

Concurred. proper facility and equipment to produce good programmers, additionally Philippines should offer well-prepared and well-equipped instructors. Ang problema kasi sten, mahal naman ang tuition pero hindi kagalingan ang mga nagtuturo, nkabsed din w3schools at codecademy ang outline, ayaw din mag-innovate, kaya naisip ko instead mgtake pa ng proper educ sa school ulit, si google na lang istorbohin ko.

Anyways, pwede ba mg-suggest kyo ng mga site na madami ng template, gusto ko din mag-copy paste tas pagaarlan ko..haha, hindi naman illegal diba, at based sa mga sagot dito sa thread, normal lang yun.

Back
Top Bottom