Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Pro VS Non-Pro Driver's License

Dru

The Martyr
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Magrerenew na kasi ang ng lisensya...naka Non-Pro ako..naisip ko...meron palang Professional na License...maganda kayang renew o upgrade to Pro??

Nakita ko to sa ibang Forums...

non-pro:

1. green
2. minimum of 17years old, 3-years only
3. less than 300-400 to renew, drug test included
4. you can only drive vehicles you/your family own...
5. you cannot assist a student driver
6. some regard non-pro as "much up-level" than the pro-licence.

pro licence:

1. red
2. minimum of 18 years old, 5-years to renew
3. more than 400 pesos to renew, drug test included
4. you can drive practically anybody's car
5. you can assist a student driver
6. you can drive a private, public or a government vehicle...
7. kaya most drivers dapat prof. licencce..

What do you think guys? Any comments?

Last edited:
Mas ok ang Professional Driver's License bro but then again, meron parin restriction numbers yun (i.e. kung anong klaseng vehicle pwede mo i-drive).

and some say, they stick with non-pro license para raw hindi sila tawaging 'driver' as in the literal na driver. yan ang sabi ng ilan :)

for me, mas recognize yung Professional Driver's License as one of the valid ID's lalo na pag meron transactions abroad.

eto lang po ang pananaw ko :)

bro ngayun nasa non-prof ako pero gusto ko rin mag ka prof...

bro I recommend na PROF ang kunin mo kung nag didrive ka ng ibat ibang vehicle.

ako kasi puro private vehicle and motorcycle lang..

i'd been in non prof liscense for 5 yrs, until that i decided to upgrade it in professional liscense. now im a prof.liscense holder. ang advantage ng professional is you can use it in your job. while non prof is for private lang.

i'd been in non prof liscense for 5 yrs, until that i decided to upgrade it in professional liscense. now im a prof.liscense holder. ang advantage ng professional is you can use it in your job. while non prof is for private lang.

thank sa info, dapat mag upgrade nako for prof para someday magamit sa work.. well, knows...

@ nybee:

ok na yung non-pro normally yung mga kumukuha ng professional license ay yung

mga driver ng public utility vehichles (jeep, taxi, bus, etc.)

Salamat sa inyong lahat!

May nasagap din ako:

May factor din yung pagiging Pro at Non-Pro pag nagkabungguan..which is kung Pro ka dapat daw ay mas marunong ka...bkit ka nabunggo?...sabi lang daw nila..:noidea:

Salamat sa inyong lahat!

May nasagap din ako:

May factor din yung pagiging Pro at Non-Pro pag nagkabungguan..which is kung Pro ka dapat daw ay mas marunong ka...bkit ka nabunggo?...sabi lang daw nila..:noidea:

hehehe oo nga naman noh...:slap:hahaha!! sakin non-pro pa din...kasi nung nagrenew ako i forgot na gawing pro..so i have to wait till 2011... ok naman yung non-pro unless gusto mo pumasada.. mas malimit hinuhuli yung pumapasada kesa private ang dala..pero either way, importante may lisensya ka..:clap:

anu yang sa pro na 5yrs to renew?

nakaka 3 na pro license na ko puro 3 yrs lang eh..

Pagkalam ko pag pro ka pwede mo rin gamitin sa ibang country (with limited period of time) yung license mo khit wala ka na international license.

-Update-

Magrerenew na kasi ang ng lisensya...naka Non-Pro ako..naisip ko...meron palang Professional na License...maganda kayang renew o upgrade to Pro??

Nakita ko to sa ibang Forums...

non-pro:

1. green
2. minimum of 17years old, 3-years only
3. less than 300-400 to renew, drug test included
4. you can only drive vehicles you/your family own...<--not really. Type of license has nothing to do with this. You can drive your friend's, neighbor's, (or even enemies' :D) vehicle even with a Non-Professional license.
5. you cannot assist a student driver
6. some regard non-pro as "much up-level" than the pro-licence.<--not really. It just so happens that people who drive as their profession are not as well-off as others; this is more a result of social stigma/perception than fact.

pro licence:

1. red
2. minimum of 18 years old, 5-years to renew<--this is necessary because a Professional Driver's License assumes that driving is your profession.
3. more than 400 pesos to renew, drug test included
4. you can drive practically anybody's car<-not really. Type of license has nothing to do with this.
5. you can assist a student driver
6. you can drive a private, public or a government vehicle...<--Type of license has nothing to do with this. It just so happens that government/public vehicles are used by people whose profession includes driving.
7. kaya most drivers dapat prof. licencce..

What do you think guys? Any comments?

Hi Friends,

Just wanted to clarify a few items ha. Based kasi sa mga nabasa kong posts in this thread, eh ang understanding is pag Professional mas magaling mag-maneho compared sa Non-Professional (not explicitly stated by other posters but this is what is being implied).

Ilinaw ko lang din, hindi naman ibig sabihin na may job ka eh kailangan mo ng Professional Driver's license. The key word/phrase here is whether you drive for a living (kumikita ka sa pagmamaneho), e.g. Taxi/Bus/Jeep/Tricycle/Truck driver, Family Driver, Courier Services (Air21/DHL/UPS, etc.), Food Delivery (McDonald's/Jollibee/Shakey's), etc.

Professional = hanap-buhay mo ang pagmamaneho, e.g. you drive vehicles to earn a living, or your compensation is attributed to driving vehicles. In short, driving is your profession/source of income (in this topic, the root word of Professional is "profession").
Non-Professional = you don't drive vehicles to earn a living

Last edited:
non pro for private vehicle and pro if work mo driver sa kung anu mang trabaho

May nasagap din ako:

May factor din yung pagiging Pro at Non-Pro pag nagkabungguan..which is kung Pro ka dapat daw ay mas marunong ka...bkit ka nabunggo?...sabi lang daw nila..

ang balita ko nga dito pag naaksidente ka or nahuli ka sa violations kelangan mong umatend ng seminar pag pro ka,

student mura lang hehehe

Last edited:
In my humble opinion kung magdrdrive ka ng PUV go for the professional license pero kung private lang naman sir much better to stick nalang sa non-pro license ;)

for me i'll go to non-pro, as per my experience in applying job locally mas prefer ng mga corporate companies ang mga non pro holder why? because of the companies car insurance, kasi once na may nabangga kang oto na pro licensed holder or vice versa laging mas may advantage ang mga non pro holder when it comes to claiming the insurance, laging nadedehado mga pro holder..this is based on my own experienced as a non pro holder..

Case to case basis parin kung saan pag gagamitan..
two cents;)

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

Just wanted to clarify a few items ha. Based kasi sa mga nabasa kong posts in this thread, eh ang understanding is pag Professional mas magaling mag-maneho compared sa Non-Professional (not explicitly stated by other posters but this is what is being implied).

Ilinaw ko lang din, hindi naman ibig sabihin na may job ka eh kailangan mo ng Professional Driver's license. The key word/phrase here is whether you drive for a living (kumikita ka sa pagmamaneho), e.g. Taxi/Bus/Jeep/Tricycle/Truck driver, Family Driver, Courier Services (Air21/DHL/UPS, etc.), Food Delivery (McDonald's/Jollibee/Shakey's), etc.

Professional = hanap-buhay mo ang pagmamaneho, e.g. you drive vehicles to earn a living, or your compensation is attributed to driving vehicles. In short, driving is your profession/source of income (in this topic, the root word of Professional is "profession").
Non-Professional = you don't drive vehicles to earn a living

Well Said Po!:salute:

mga sir ar mam,,as we have given the drivers license,we are to drive with care. hindi naman po ibig sabihin na may lisensya ka na eh hindi ka na mamamatay pag nabunggo ka o konte magiging injury mo kung pro o non-pro. ke pro man yan o non-pro, the only advantage is you can drive legally. peace out!

Back
Top Bottom