Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

PS3 Official Jailbreak thread

What Jailbreak system are you using?

• OFW 3.41 + Jailbreak Dongle

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • CFW 3.55 Wanikoko V2

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • CFW 3.55 Kmeaw

Votes: 152 72.4%

• Total voters

jb3252

Professional
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Symbianize members this thread/section is open to discuss anything about jailbreak. We're open to talk about piracy, homebrews, custom firmaware and the like.

Simple house rule;

"No flamers and troll, if you have nothing good to say especially if it is not our thread's concern then better to keep quite."

I personally made this thread to keep us separated (Jailbroken PS3 owners) from those legitimate gamers who have grudge towards us. Nevertheless this thread is still open to everyone as long as you have better understanding and open mind about the matter/s being discuss here.

Last edited:
Basic Requirements for JAILBREAKING

General Rule

PS3 unit with at least Official Firmware 3.55 and below, beyond 3.55 (e.g. 3.56) then the unit is not Jailbreakable.

OVERVIEW OF PS3 JAILBREAK

PRO/s

1. Enable to run Homebrews and other 3rd Party Progmrams
2. Run back-up games
3. Somehow spare your Blu Ray drive since most of the time you game will run either on external or internal hard disk. (Prolong Blu Ray Drive lifespan)
4. Theoretically has a faster loading time since the games are directly boot from internal or external hard disk.
5. Generally cheaper ( Arrrrr!)

CON/s

1. No PSN access
2. Basically you will always be left behind in terms of features that the Official firmware has/have since you have to be at least one step behind the OFW.
3. Need some technical knowledge and understanding of the system

KMEAW'S 3.55 CUSTOM FIRMWARE (Tutorial & Guide)

First and foremost I don't take any credit from this Custom Firmware, I'm just sharing my thoughts and knowledge on what are the precautions to take note and provide a step by step procedure on how to install the CFW.

Basic Requirement/s

-Your unit must be in Official 3.55 Ofiicial Firmware so if you're on 3.50 OFW and below (e.g. 3.42 , 3.41 ) you will have to update your system to OFW 3.55.

-Avoid any electrical shortage or instability during the update as it might interrupt during the installation that could lead to bricked system.

-Flash Disk on FAT32 format

Installation

Download the CFW HERE

Make all the necessary folder on your Flash Disk
9193fee7f80f78213e5ff34f935101f010d7896b

Paste the downloaded CFW inside the UPDATE folder

Update Procedure

1. Insert the storage media or USB device. that contains the update data in the PS3 system.

2. From the home menu, select (Settings) > (System Update), and then press ok

3. Select [Update via Storage Media], and then press the ok button.
The system automatically searches for and finds the update data saved on the storage media or USB device.

4. Start the update data.
Press the ○ button to start the update data. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update. You can delete the update data from the storage media or USB device after the update has been successfully completed.

* Do not turn off the PS3™ system or remove storage media or USB device during an update. If an update is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing or exchange.

DONE...

To be continued....

Last edited:
^^ sir penge link kung san pede download Flower psn game na pang cfw 3.55...:pray:

awooo
nice nice jb n_n
pwede mag request sir jb?
yung step by step po sana how to jailbreak
and updates ng CFW

@Mike

Yes I'll make an easy step by step guide on how to jailbreak your PS3 soon.

Nice thread Sir. Looking forward sa mga future posts ninyong lahat dito regarding Jailbreak

I can't afford kasi, mahal masyado legit price

Kuha rin kasi ako ng feedbacks dito about Jailbroken PS3, nagbabalak kapatid ko bumili

Nice thread Sir. Looking forward sa mga future posts ninyong lahat dito regarding Jailbreak

I can't afford kasi, mahal masyado legit price

Kuha rin kasi ako ng feedbacks dito about Jailbroken PS3, nagbabalak kapatid ko bumili

Bro I don't see ourselves as "CAN'T AFFORD". Unang una sa lahat nakaya nga nating bumili ng PS3 eh. Ako mas nakikita ko ang kalagayan natin as; "May pera naman talagang pam-bili ng games, yun nga lang masinop lamang tayo sa pera at hindi masyadong gastador, alam natin ang mga pangunahing pangangailangan sa buhay kaya pinipili nating huwag na lamang itong gastusin para sa Blu Ray game"

Lalo na ngayon na may option (Jailbreak) na para makapg laro at mag enjoy ng games sa maliit na halaga eh di doon na lamang tayo sa mas makakatipid.

Nag-po-provide nga pala ako ng mga downloaded games, kung nais mo wag kang mag atubiling kotakin ako.

I update the second post.... just some few feeds regarding jailbreak

nde po ba delekado mag jailbreak? nkakatakot kc bka masira eh hehehe

tyaka pede pa po ba tanggalin ulit ung jailbreak pra kung sakaling gusto mag online games?

tnx in advance

nde po ba delekado mag jailbreak? nkakatakot kc bka masira eh hehehe

tyaka pede pa po ba tanggalin ulit ung jailbreak pra kung sakaling gusto mag online games?

tnx in advance

Generally speaking it's safe, but nothing in this world is %100 safe... Of course there are still some precaution to be consider especially when using the proper custom firmware. Tell me, what PS3 are you using?

Pwedeng pwede ka ulit bumalik sa pag-ka legit kung gusto mong mag-online pero kapag nag-install ka na ng latest official firmware 3.56 wala ng balikan sa jailbreak niyan. Pero ito eh pan samantala pa lamang maari pang mag-karon ng paraan para ma-downgrade ang 3.56 para jailbreak ulit.

ps3 slim 160g po..

ahh cge po antay nalang po ako ng guide mo para mas madali.. nkakatakot kc bka ma brick hehe

im planning to buy a new PS3 jailbreak unit tanung ko lang po anong pinagkaiba nung tatlong JB system dun sa post niyo po TS

ano po mga PROS and CONS ng bawat system

OFW 3.41 + Jailbreak Dongle
CFW 3.55 Wanikoko V2
CFW 3.55 Kmeaw

im planning to buy a new PS3 jailbreak unit tanung ko lang po anong pinagkaiba nung tatlong JB system dun sa post niyo po TS

ano po mga PROS and CONS ng bawat system

OFW 3.41 + Jailbreak Dongle
CFW 3.55 Wanikoko V2
CFW 3.55 Kmeaw

Bro medyo mahabang paliwanagan kasi eh and masyadong technical and I think hindi naman substantial pa na malaman mo yung every details since for casual use lang naman.

Ganto na lang... Sasabihin ko kung anong ang HIGHLY RECOMMENDED sa tatlo.

I highly suggest to use CFW 3.55 Kmeaw, since so far this is the most stable and has a higher compatibility in terms of running recently and previous released games.

Take note using CFW (Kmeaw or Wanikoko) hindi mo na kailangan ng dongle.

@bianxiee

Nice! Ngayon nasasayo na ang desisyon kung gusto mo mag jailbreak or hindi...

Last edited:
jjailbreak ko na din maibabalik nman pla sa legit eh hehehe

antay ko lang guide mo hehe

thanks sir kapag nakabili na ako ng PS3 ko sayo ako kukuha ng games ^__^ may post po pala ako dun sa PS3 official thread baka pde niyo po ako tulungan master jb3252

hehe tnx. wait ko nlang guide mo.

makapag download na ng maliit na game para ma try ko kagad.

buy sana ako games sayo kya lang taga cavite ka. ang layo hehehe

Back
Top Bottom