Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Sony Psp Vs Nintendo Ds - Which Handheld is Better?

Nintendo DS or Sony PSP?

• Total voters
Re: PSP or Nintendo DS?

For me depende sa titignan nung player...

Kung sa dami ng laro ang titignan - Nintendo DS

Kung quality naman paguusapan - PSP

As of now, nagkakaubusan na ng magagandang laro sa PSP and wala na ring gaanong update sa CFW scene...

Ngayon DS mode ako kasi dami palang games na hindi ko pa nalalaro and not to mention Pokemon... kahit 20+ years old na ako, I can't help my self na hindi maglaro nito kasi adik ako dito nung hayskul... :lol:
di pa kasi narerelease pero maraming upcoming games ngayung 2010..metal gear solid peacewalker, naruto accel 3 US ver., naruto kizuna drive, ff13 agito, monster hunter 3, prince of persia forbidden sands, god eater US ver. saka may news na din bout sa resident evil portable..not sure lang kung ngayung 2010 din yun..

di pa kasi narerelease pero maraming upcoming games ngayung 2010..metal gear solid peacewalker, naruto accel 3 US ver., naruto kizuna drive, ff13 agito, monster hunter 3, prince of persia forbidden sands, god eater US ver. saka may news na din bout sa resident evil portable..not sure lang kung ngayung 2010 din yun..

Alam ko na po yan and you missed Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep which started frustration in PSP World kasi walang makapag-patched to work on CFW even the Team GEN, parang sumuko,,,

OO nga maraming marerelease na ganyan, ang tanong, malalaro ba sa CFW yan?

Oo malalaro yan kung bibili ka ng bala which for those na may kaya at mayaman...

Let us hope na may dumating na isang nilalang sa PSP World next to Dark_Alex and Yoshihiro..

For now, DS mode ako kasi kahit may new release, kayang kaya nila i-patch and isa pang kakabilib sa DS, karamihan sa mga magagandang dame na JPN version lang, may mga ENG translation..

Alam ko na po yan and you missed Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep which started frustration in PSP World kasi walang makapag-patched to work on CFW even the Team GEN, parang sumuko,,,

OO nga maraming marerelease na ganyan, ang tanong, malalaro ba sa CFW yan?

Oo malalaro yan kung bibili ka ng bala which for those na may kaya at mayaman...

Let us hope na may dumating na isang nilalang sa PSP World next to Dark_Alex and Yoshihiro..

For now, DS mode ako kasi kahit may new release, kayang kaya nila i-patch and isa pang kakabilib sa DS, karamihan sa mga magagandang dame na JPN version lang, may mga ENG translation..
hintay hintay lang may gagawa din ng cfw jan..yung kingdom hearts kahit maging playable pa eh..japanese pa yun..kaya hirap din intindihin..mas ok abangan yung english version hehe..

hintay hintay lang may gagawa din ng cfw jan..yung kingdom hearts kahit maging playable pa eh..japanese pa yun..kaya hirap din intindihin..mas ok abangan yung english version hehe..

I agree. Sana nga merong lumabas... hahaha! I am an avid fan of KH (obvious naman hahaha!) :lol:

I'll vote for the DS. I own both systems but i love my DS Lite better. WHY?

BETTER GAMES: Yeah, so the PSP wins in the GRAPHICS department. Sadly, today's games are solely based on GRAPHICS while not focusing on the actual gameplay. A true gamer chooses GAMEPLAY over GRAPHICS, and that's where the DS wins. The DS' unique touchscreen function introduces a whole new style of gaming. When playing my PSP, i feel like i'm just playing my PS2 but portable. But when i play my DS Lite, i feel like i'm in the GAME itself, especially when i play NINJA GAIDEN, ZELDA and WARIOWARE.

BETTER BATTERY LIFE: Uh huh. My DS, at its highest brightness setting (4 levels of brightness), can last up to 9 hours of playing, more so if you decrease the brightness setting. My PSP lasts only 4 1/2 hours.

BETTER FRANCHISES: Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Metroid, Tetris, even Sonic... man, the list goes on! These are the game franchises that we loved over the years, because they are CLASSICS. Ok, so the PSP's got God of War, Tekken, Patapon, Metal Gear, Syphon Filter... these are great games, but they won't compare to the LEGENDS.

DS has got the same MEDIA functions as the PSP. Yup. With the proper homebrew applications and flashcarts, you can turn the DS into a multimedia freak. Play videos, listen to music, read ebooks, view pictures, browse the net, install a PDA application... Comic book fanatic? You can read comics in the DS! You can even draw a picture or create a painting with your DS. Can the PSP do that? Nah.

MORE DURABLE The shell type casing of the DS protects both the DS touchscreen and LCD. What about the PSP? Drop it a few meters high and the LCD will break. And the DS is built by Nintendo, so it's built like a brick.

ROMS FOR THE DS HAS LESSER FILE SIZE THAN THE ISO/CSO FILES FOR THE PSP. Let's compare two games: Suikoden Tierkreis and God of War: Chains of Olympus. Suikoden's rom has only a file size of 256MB compared to the 1.2GB ISO/CSO of God of War. Imagine you have a 8GB miniSD card for your DS flashcart, and a 8GB memory stick for your PSP. How many games can you fit in a DS compared to the PSP? I'm thinking roughly around the ratio of 30:10 (DS:PSP). And can you imagine waiting almost 3-4hours just to download the ISO/CSO for the PSP, compared to the 30min download time for the DS rom?

You know what, i can rant and rave about how better the DS is than the PSP, but i know i've proven my point. I'm not saying the PSP isn't a worthwhile purchase, of course it is, but here's the thing:

IF YOU ARE A MULTIMEDIA FREAK AND YOU LIKE TO PLAY HD VIDEOS AND LISTEN TO HIGH QUALITY MUSIC, buy the PSP.
IF YOU ARE A TRUE GAMER AND LOVE THE CLASSICS, buy the DS.

I promise, you won't regret it.:yipee:

psp parin dahil mas maporma para sakin..hehe

p1060646t.jpg

:thumbsup:

Some people are really one-sided giving their opinion. pls pls try both consoles before you judge which is better. thanks to ozzzmosis for showing great example

people bagay din ang skull candy sa ds lalo na kung na mod din... may ganyan din ako eh ds nga lang ang gamit...

I like how ozzmossis presented his premise!

psp parin dahil mas maporma para sakin..hehe

p1060646t.jpg

:thumbsup:

dude, maporma din DS ko, see-through din, yung headset mo na skull candy is accessory which means hindi sya part ng console na pinagkukumpara.

hmm mukhang one sided din ito, hehehe, anyway sagutin ko din ito in different view

BETTER GAMES: Yeah, so the PSP wins in the GRAPHICS department. Sadly, today's games are solely based on GRAPHICS while not focusing on the actual gameplay. A true gamer chooses GAMEPLAY over GRAPHICS, and that's where the DS wins. The DS' unique touchscreen function introduces a whole new style of gaming. When playing my PSP, i feel like i'm just playing my PS2 but portable. But when i play my DS Lite, i feel like i'm in the GAME itself, especially when i play NINJA GAIDEN, ZELDA and WARIOWARE.

have you browse the game library in psp? medyo tinitignan mo lang yung mga good graphics, pero nakita mo na din yung mga pixelated games like Half Minute Hero, the Atlus Rpgs persona, crimsongemsaga, the diablo like gameplay Dungeon Siege, etc, so browse ka muna ng mga psp games ah (ayun sa statistics, mas madami ang mga highly anticipated games sa psp pero mas onti yung library kaysa sa ds na madaming games pero onti lang yung mga good games, its not the quantity, its the quality)

and isa pa, idagdag mo na rin gamelibrary ng ps1, since madami dami dun yung quality games, hehehe

BETTER BATTERY LIFE: Uh huh. My DS, at its highest brightness setting (4 levels of brightness), can last up to 9 hours of playing, more so if you decrease the brightness setting. My PSP lasts only 4 1/2 hours.

Dito talaga talo psp, pero pwede naman paabutin ng mga 5 hrs max yung battery ng psp

BETTER FRANCHISES: Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Metroid, Tetris, even Sonic... man, the list goes on! These are the game franchises that we loved over the years, because they are CLASSICS. Ok, so the PSP's got God of War, Tekken, Patapon, Metal Gear, Syphon Filter... these are great games, but they won't compare to the LEGENDS.

Hmm so sa franchise lang ba umiikot yung mga good games? whay about individual games? diba mas madami lumabas na good games in playstation side? isama mo pa yung mga playstation 1games at psp

DS has got the same MEDIA functions as the PSP. Yup. With the proper homebrew applications and flashcarts, you can turn the DS into a multimedia freak. Play videos, listen to music, read ebooks, view pictures, browse the net, install a PDA application... Comic book fanatic? You can read comics in the DS! You can even draw a picture or create a painting with your DS. Can the PSP do that? Nah.

PSP can read comics in cbr format, pwede mo pa siya izoom out since screensize ng psp eh 420x272 res, since may mga homebrews din naman sa psp, pag may psp ka na suggest ko sau PSPcomic reader, about sa paint may app din niyan sa psp though di masaya gamitin, lol

MORE DURABLE The shell type casing of the DS protects both the DS touchscreen and LCD. What about the PSP? Drop it a few meters high and the LCD will break. And the DS is built by Nintendo, so it's built like a brick.

psp phat is more durable than any psp released in the market, so pag pinagbato sa isat isa yung pspphat at nds, baka madurog pa yung nds dahil may metal sa loob ng casing yung sa psp, pero yeah yung mga bagong labas na psp ngayon eh brittle, kaya dito din talo yung mga bagong psp

ROMS FOR THE DS HAS LESSER FILE SIZE THAN THE ISO/CSO FILES FOR THE PSP. Let's compare two games: Suikoden Tierkreis and God of War: Chains of Olympus. Suikoden's rom has only a file size of 256MB compared to the 1.2GB ISO/CSO of God of War. Imagine you have a 8GB miniSD card for your DS flashcart, and a 8GB memory stick for your PSP. How many games can you fit in a DS compared to the PSP? I'm thinking roughly around the ratio of 30:10 (DS:PSP). And can you imagine waiting almost 3-4hours just to download the ISO/CSO for the PSP, compared to the 30min download time for the DS rom?

kaya lang malaki yung file ng mga games sa psp dahil sa media nito, yung sa nds kaya ganun kaliliit yung games dahil hanggang dun lang ang limitation ng mga cartridges kung saan nila niririfoff yung games, yung umd is like a ps1 cd na kapag nirip yung mga games max size na nila eh 700mb, sa umd naman mga nasa 1.7gb

and lam mo ba kung bakit ganun kataas yung filesize ng sa umd, for complexity, since para sa graphics and other media sa umd, need ng malaki laki talagang space para malagay yung malaki laking data for the game

You know what, i can rant and rave about how better the DS is than the PSP, but i know i've proven my point. I'm not saying the PSP isn't a worthwhile purchase, of course it is, but here's the thing:

IF YOU ARE A MULTIMEDIA FREAK AND YOU LIKE TO PLAY HD VIDEOS AND LISTEN TO HIGH QUALITY MUSIC, buy the PSP.

meh, have you know emulators? hehehe pangpadagdag library din sa psp yun, so lahat ng mga classics ng mga nasa nds nasa psp din, hehehe

di ko sana sasagutin, pero mukha kasing one sided, hehehe

@kryst - i like ur post :clap:

anyways I'm neutral when it comes to this topic, but I've read something weird... :p

pointing out the painting capabilities of the two consoles? Ya'll have to think about it. Who would even bother use them for graphic works? :noidea: We can use PC softwares instead.

@kryst - i like ur post :clap:

anyways I'm neutral when it comes to this topic, but I've read something weird... :p

pointing out the painting capabilities of the two consoles? Ya'll have to think about it. Who would even bother use them for graphic works? :noidea: We can use PC softwares instead.

tama ka dun pafs, mostly pag nagpipintura ako sa pc na lang using corel paintpro or adobe photoshop, mas madami ka kasi mapipiling palettes dun, hehehe

mali kasi tong thread na to, dapat "PSP and Nintendo DS". They have their own identities. Its a matter of preferences. lets stick to the mindset that they are both gaming console. if you like how you play in your console, stick to it. but playing both consoles are really rewarding.ü

Both systems are great. Heck, we should thank both Nintendo and Sony for bringing gaming to the palm of our hands, if not for them, we'd still be hurrying home from work or school just to get our gaming fix. Like what arjaylight said, I also think it's just a matter of preference.

All i'm saying is that i love my DS Lite more than my PSP-2000. I love 'em both, yes, in fact i give them equal love like what i would do if i have twins of my own. But honestly, i do use my DS Lite more frequently than my PSP.

If only Nintendo and Sony would collaborate on a great handheld gaming device that has both the features of the DS and PSP. Hell, they can call it the PSDSP or the Playstation Dual Screen Portable! That would be awesome lol!XD

@kryst: hahaha ok, i can't help but answer you.

1. Yes, it's true that you said quality is better than quantity. I'll agree that the PSP has got great games on its belt. But what i meant was the actual GAMING EXPERIENCE. The DS provides us with a gaming experience like no other, with its touchscreen feature. Because of this, it caters to the needs of everybody (yeah, even grandma), not just the hardcore, veteran or just casual gamer.

What's funny is that my wife plays my DS only (she's playing Elite Beat Agents as we speak), she says my PSP is too hardcore for her. Anything that is gaming related that can make a woman smile has to be number one.

2. You're right, franchises are not the only ones that matter. But its because of these games, of these classics, of these LEGENDS, that we can play and enjoy the games of the modern age. Where do you think most of the games today got their inspiration from? That's right, from the CLASSICS.

Like what i said, the PSP has great games (this means i'm not one sided, because i agree that PSP games are great, right?), but what i meant is that they won't be here if not for the CLASSICS.

3. Ok, why the heck would we want to THROW our precious gaming babies? That would be a crime to the gaming community!

4. About the file size thing, i was talking about DOWNLOADING. Of course, the PSP has a bigger file size because it has better graphics, i already knew that. I was merely comparing how long would it take for a DS rom and a PSP ISO/CSO to download.

5. Emulators? Heck, did you know the DS has all kinds of emulators? From the Atari 2600 to Super Nintendo to the Gameboy Advance... i believe the PSP can do this as well. The only thing the DS can't emulate would be the PSP, but then again, the PSP can't emulate the DS. Ironic, huh?

6. Pointing out the painting capabilities of the two handhelds? Nah, i was only saying that this can be done better in the DS because of its stylus. But of course, i'd prefer using PHOTOSHOP than this.

Again, my point is proven.

BOTH are GREAT SYSTEMS, it's just a matter of preference. (Not ONE-SIDED ranting)

Last edited:

Galing... :thumbsup:

I could not agree more...

Some people are really one-sided giving their opinion. pls pls try both consoles before you judge which is better. thanks to ozzzmosis for showing great example

dati talaga sabi ko, DS? naku pambata lang yan, magPSP na lang ako...

Kinain ko sinabi ko...

Well, may mga disadvantages at mga advantages both PSP and DS... Depende lang talaga sa naglalaro kung ano yung ok sa kanila. Graphics or number of games?

dapat meron kayong pareho..ako meron pareho pero mas gusto kong gamitin ang DS ko kesa sa PSP..pero mag iiba un pagdating ng PW, Modnation @ ufc 2010...wag na isingit ang AGITO,RE Portable kasi d naman malalaro ngayon taon yan eh,..

hmm mukhang one sided din ito, hehehe, anyway sagutin ko din ito in different view

have you browse the game library in psp? medyo tinitignan mo lang yung mga good graphics, pero nakita mo na din yung mga pixelated games like Half Minute Hero, the Atlus Rpgs persona, crimsongemsaga, the diablo like gameplay Dungeon Siege, etc, so browse ka muna ng mga psp games ah (ayun sa statistics, mas madami ang mga highly anticipated games sa psp pero mas onti yung library kaysa sa ds na madaming games pero onti lang yung mga good games, its not the quantity, its the quality)

and isa pa, idagdag mo na rin gamelibrary ng ps1, since madami dami dun yung quality games, hehehe

Dito talaga talo psp, pero pwede naman paabutin ng mga 5 hrs max yung battery ng psp

Hmm so sa franchise lang ba umiikot yung mga good games? whay about individual games? diba mas madami lumabas na good games in playstation side? isama mo pa yung mga playstation 1games at psp

PSP can read comics in cbr format, pwede mo pa siya izoom out since screensize ng psp eh 420x272 res, since may mga homebrews din naman sa psp, pag may psp ka na suggest ko sau PSPcomic reader, about sa paint may app din niyan sa psp though di masaya gamitin, lol

psp phat is more durable than any psp released in the market, so pag pinagbato sa isat isa yung pspphat at nds, baka madurog pa yung nds dahil may metal sa loob ng casing yung sa psp, pero yeah yung mga bagong labas na psp ngayon eh brittle, kaya dito din talo yung mga bagong psp

kaya lang malaki yung file ng mga games sa psp dahil sa media nito, yung sa nds kaya ganun kaliliit yung games dahil hanggang dun lang ang limitation ng mga cartridges kung saan nila niririfoff yung games, yung umd is like a ps1 cd na kapag nirip yung mga games max size na nila eh 700mb, sa umd naman mga nasa 1.7gb

and lam mo ba kung bakit ganun kataas yung filesize ng sa umd, for complexity, since para sa graphics and other media sa umd, need ng malaki laki talagang space para malagay yung malaki laking data for the game

meh, have you know emulators? hehehe pangpadagdag library din sa psp yun, so lahat ng mga classics ng mga nasa nds nasa psp din, hehehe

di ko sana sasagutin, pero mukha kasing one sided, hehehe
nice explanation kryst..hehe recently naeenjoy ko na ulit yung mga ps1 games ko na nalaro dati like FF series, resident evil series on ps1, dino crisis, classic metal gear solid at madami pang iba hehe..

dude, maporma din DS ko, see-through din, yung headset mo na skull candy is accessory which means hindi sya part ng console na pinagkukumpara.

people bagay din ang skull candy sa ds lalo na kung na mod din... may ganyan din ako eh ds nga lang ang gamit...

I like how ozzmossis presented his premise!

mga paps ano bang sinabi ko?

"mas maporma para skin"

ibig sabihin preferrence ko at opinyon ko..para sakin lang naman nag generalize ba ko?..di ko naman sinabing maporma sa lahat ha..di ako nag uumpisa ng debate..hehe :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom